Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemalibu76
Stranger
Post deleted by users_request
    #661771 - 06/04/02 03:34 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
See ya later,

"All posts made by this username are entirely fictional, except for this sentence"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrippingBillies
SpaceCruiser
Loc: Pangea
Re: My Fruiting Container [Re: malibu76]
    #661791 - 06/04/02 03:48 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Hey. I went through the trouble of covering the bottom and sides of my casing containers with black electrical tape. Over time the electrical tape has lost it's jazz and began to receed. I find that this is not that important with careful lighting. If your casings are in a constantly lit environment, the kind which will change during the day and provide a wide range of lighting angles then yes. If you however, as I do, provide light briefly during periods when I'm home, controlling the angle at which the light hits the casings, then no. I merely put my casings under a light I use for cactus seed propagation, for around 30 minutes a day. This seems to be fine and my cubies grow towards the light source without any straglers going off in funny directions or burrowing into my casing.

--------------------
"It's so obvious it's hard to understand."

Offline_Lucid_
journeyman
 User Gallery
Loc: no-mans land
Re: My Fruiting Container [Re: TrippingBillies]
    #661811 - 06/04/02 04:07 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

hey, im at the same step as you are, i just birthed my first cake into its terrarium about 10 minutes ago, the rest i plan to chop up(PF style cakes) and spawn to straw. I had my terrarium sides covered with a black garbage bag taped up around it at first, then i desided to remove it to alow light to hit all areas more and easilier of my cake, when it starts to pin, then im going to pull the bag back up around the sides to tell the mushies to go up. this way hopefuly i would get more pins with it off. and then they shouldnt grow horizontal once i put the cover back up.

--------------------
The believer is happy, the doubter is wise
- Hungarian proverb

OfflinePhake_ld
enthusiast
Re: My Fruiting Container [Re: malibu76]
    #661884 - 06/04/02 04:48 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

In reply to:

Some people do not put anything in their container except the casings. They proceed to mist occasionally. If I do this and do not put any perlite under these casings, with misting only will I be able to achieve the necc humidity.

You do not want to use pearlite for your casing, if anything, you should use vermiculite. There are other alternatives also, but start off with using Vermiculite. Do not use pearlite in your casing!

Here is a great casing tek: Casing Tek

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix