Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejenerikcairet
cognitivelibertist
 User Gallery

no signs of colonizing...lost cause?
    #6616444 - 02/27/07 01:53 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

its been 6 days and no signs of colonization...the spores were old and im not sure about the water content...might have been two much only my second grow...i inoculated 6 quart jars with golden teacher ms (jars of WBS)

is it safe to say after 6 days and no signs of mycellium that none will come?

--------------------
Yes, ordinary water. Laced with nothing more than a few spoons full of LSD- professor farsnworth

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemikemushroom
Castaneda Fan
Male

Loc: Outside Your Window
Re: no signs of colonizing...lost cause? [Re: jenerikcairet]
    #6616504 - 02/27/07 02:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Did you inoculate while the jar were still warm? How old are the spores? What is the temp of incubation chamber? Are you using tub in tub (TIT) or doing something like a heat pad? You should see some sign of life at first without gas exchange, but are you allowing that to happen? Specifics are needed.

--------------------
Want to be of the shaman mind? Carlos Castaneda is the godfather of the New Age Movement which is based off the peyote & shroom eating natives in Mexico.

Read his library of books to expand your mind.

Offlinejenerikcairet
cognitivelibertist
 User Gallery

Re: no signs of colonizing...lost cause? [Re: mikemushroom]
    #6616543 - 02/27/07 02:20 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

haha no i did not inoculate while the jars were still warm i did it the next day, the spores viability has been in question. i know why my jars arent colonizing, its either the mositure in the jars or the syringes. my incubator is merely a cooler placed in my house and it is at about 78...before you say something about optimal temps being between 82 and 86 some people colonize jars at room temperature (including rogerrabbit)

--------------------
Yes, ordinary water. Laced with nothing more than a few spoons full of LSD- professor farsnworth

Invisiblemycocurious
Mike O. Kuerias
Male User Gallery

#6616567 - 02/27/07 02:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

ok, so if the temps are fine, what about air exchange? are you playing with them daily to get them out of that cooler for some fresh air?

--------------------
:justdontknow: Don't mistake my tone for a "matter-of-fact" attitude.  I'm just presenting what I believe to be correct, until I'm corrected...

- How Myco-Curious Prepares Coir & Compost Substrates
- How Myco-Curious Builds A Bulk Humidifier
- How Myco-Curious Builds An Automated Greenhouse
------------------------------------
figgusfiddus said:
Keep in mind that inoculating or whatever in front of a flow hood won't help your bad substrate, your bad inoculant, your bad sterile procedure, etc. etc. etc. It's not a +3 flowhood of magic, it's just a tool.

Offlinejenerikcairet
cognitivelibertist
 User Gallery

Re: no signs of colonizing...lost cause? [Re: mycocurious]
    #6616570 - 02/27/07 02:33 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

you know i didnt even really think of that for some reason...last time i used a tub in tub incubator at 82 degrees and the only time i took them out was to check up every few days... could them being in a cooler barely big enough to hold them be the problem...if so ill feel pretty dumb

--------------------

Offlinejenerikcairet
cognitivelibertist
 User Gallery

#6616573 - 02/27/07 02:33 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

by the way the spores were about 6 months old and were stored at room temperature mostly kept in the dark

--------------------

Invisiblefigment
Apothecary
 User Gallery

Loc: Quidity
    #6616659 - 02/27/07 02:58 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

the spores should be fine. sproes last a LONG time. i don't know how long exactly, but probably longer than we do. there doesn't have to be gas exchange to see growth. but without it, the growth will surely stall.

and with regards to too much water content you should have at least seen some growth by now.

did you make your own syringe, or did you buy it from a vendor?

--------------------

Offlinemikemushroom
Castaneda Fan
Male

#6616671 - 02/27/07 03:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I would think you would see some colonizing at first w/o air exchange. I'm thinking the age/condition of the spores may be the issue. How old are the spores, and how did you store them?

--------------------
Want to be of the shaman mind? Carlos Castaneda is the godfather of the New Age Movement which is based off the peyote & shroom eating natives in Mexico.

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#6616709 - 02/27/07 03:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jenerikcairet said:
by the way the spores were about 6 months old and were stored at room temperature mostly kept in the dark

OfflineMr_Belvedere
Butler
 User Gallery

#6616732 - 02/27/07 03:17 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I say wait a bit longer.  When I used spore syringes to inoculate quart jars in the past, it would literally take weeks before I saw growth.  Then I discovered Liquid Culture's :thumbup:.  Did you shake them at all after innoculating?

Offlinemikemushroom
Castaneda Fan
Male

Re: no signs of colonizing...lost cause? [Re: Blutjager]
    #6616748 - 02/27/07 03:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Blutjager said:
Quote:

jenerikcairet said:

My bad. I don't know how I missed that. Take the above suggestion and just be patient.

--------------------

Offlinejenerikcairet
cognitivelibertist
 User Gallery

Re: no signs of colonizing...lost cause? [Re: mikemushroom]
    #6617696 - 02/27/07 08:24 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i shook them right after inoculation...i bought the spores from sporesource.com and then ended up selling them to my friend who wa gonna start a grow but he never ended up doing it so i got them back...they were purchased in june or july and im not sure how well he kept them...i know they werent refridgerated and im sure they were exposed to light now and then...

--------------------

Offlinejenerikcairet
cognitivelibertist
 User Gallery

#6652625 - 03/09/07 01:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

okay heres some strange promising news i suppose...a few days ago(these pics are from a few days ago, i noticed some growth but not much...they have grown a bit but not much but at least mycellium is growing, its been two and a half weeks since inoculation...and there is a bit more mycellium showing now but it does not appear to be networking fast.

so at these pictures were taken, it had been roughly 14 days since inoculation, im guessing they wont finish but im hoping for the best, regardless i am in the process of making up more jars as i now know the spores are probably fine and i can get some more syringes from my friend.

--------------------

Edited by jenerikcairet (03/09/07 01:58 PM)

Offlinejenerikcairet
cognitivelibertist
 User Gallery

#6653053 - 03/09/07 04:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

if the jars are too dry would reinoculating work or if they are too wet than would they eventually dry out and colonize?

--------------------

Invisibledysphoria
lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
    #6653085 - 03/09/07 04:11 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

in all honesty its better to scrap them and make room for jars that will colonize quicker.

adding water is tricky, adding spores after the fact is wasteful, and if they are too wet, then they'll take too long to colonize, if they'll ever finish.

jars made today and injected tomorrow have the potential for winning a race against jars done improperly 3 weeks ago, that are still struggling.

i know, i just had a jar from 1-29 be outraced by a jar on 2-23.

--------------------

Offlinecmoney
Stranger

Re: no signs of colonizing...lost cause? [Re: dysphoria]
    #6653104 - 03/09/07 04:17 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

"is it safe to say after 6 days and no signs of mycellium that none will come?" lol and i thought i was impatient....

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation