Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
Re: **Official Composition Contest**(February) Cut off date for submissions: 2/28 [Re: Toddo]
    #6612836 - 02/26/07 02:36 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

So how's the voting going to work?

I'm just wondering if people will be voting on the best correlation to the picture or in the end, just voting for what sounded the best to them/the coolest?

I hope people vote by the first choice, because after all, it's what this contest is about.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: **Official Composition Contest**(February) Cut off date for submissions: 2/28 [Re: Spooge]
    #6613060 - 02/26/07 03:22 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Voters will be encouraged to pick the piece that best represents their own feelings for the posted picture.

And on another note, I just finished my track so I'm going to go download all the other tracks you guys sent to me and I'll make sure every things working.

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Re: **Official Composition Contest**(February) Cut off date for submissions: 2/28 [Re: Toddo]
    #6613127 - 02/26/07 03:43 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Toddo said:
Voters will be encouraged to pick the piece that best represents their own feelings for the posted picture. 

And on another note, I just finished my track so I'm going to go download all the other tracks you guys sent to me and I'll make sure every things working.

Awesome, got your song done hey? :cool: 

Well that's good.  I'm hoping people understand, this contest isn't about which piece sounds the best on it's own.  It's about which one best suits the picture, the way they interpet the picture of course.

I could even find me coming close to voting for something that sounds totally awesome, without thinking much about the picture.  To combat this, I'm going to make sure I have the picture open right in front of my eyes when listening to all samples :smile:

InvisibleIndividual
Bass Addict
Male User Gallery

Loc: Reality Loophole
Re: **Official Composition Contest**(February) Cut off date for submissions: 2/28 [Re: Spooge]
    #6613229 - 02/26/07 04:15 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

too bad I didn't see this thread couple of days ago, but I'll be definitely joining next month. :peace:

--------------------
THE PHILOSOPHY OF LIBERTY <---                                               

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#6613313 - 02/26/07 04:38 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, I tested all the files and every things working great.  A question, Can anyone upload these MP3's on a website so we don't have to use yousendit or something really inconvenient like that?  If so, please let me know.  Its only about 15mb worth of files.  Please PM me if you can host and I can send the batch of MP3's. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineUndercoverCop
Stranger

#6613645 - 02/26/07 06:23 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Putfile dot com.

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: **Official Composition Contest**(February) Cut off date for submissions: 2/28 [Re: UndercoverCop]
    #6623005 - 03/01/07 02:05 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Alright everyone, time to vote. We have quite a mix of music. Please vote for the piece that best represents your feelings for the image.:cool:

Track Files in Order:
Psilocyberin's: Tuvan http://media.putfile.com/Tuvan
entityexperiment's: Gem In My Eye http://media.putfile.com/Gem-of-my-Eye
Dannyt's: A Death Between Seasons http://media.putfile.com/Death-between-Seasons
Undercovercop's: Wood In The Wind http://media.putfile.com/Wood-winds
Toddo's: Dawns Awakening http://media.putfile.com/Dawns-Awakenings
kummitussai's: Daybreak  http://media.putfile.com/Daybreak-20
Best Composition
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (03/01/07 01:50 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #6623022 - 03/01/07 02:19 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I'll listen and vote somewhere today, I'm curious to hear everything!

I should give it a try next time, this week I've been buisy practicing for a small performance (crowd of max 50 people or so) with my band. It was the first time and it was awesome, can't wait for the next:D

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: **Official Composition Contest**(February) Cut off date for submissions: 2/28 [Re: stefan]
    #6623049 - 03/01/07 02:46 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

couldn't wait:smirk:

after listening to all compositions while viewing the picture my vote is on entityexperiment, very nice pure acoustiguitar recording:thumbup:
what effect did you use, it sounds like some panning effect, maybe a little stereo chorus and some reverb?

others were very good too, but this one in combination with the picture was best for me

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: **Official Composition Contest**(February) Cut off date for submissions: 2/28 [Re: stefan]
    #6623055 - 03/01/07 02:52 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

wow... just listened to all of them, and it wasn't tought deciding who's song fit the most (IMO of course), but if there was no picture it would be very hard to decide.

This is a really good turnout as well as much more effort put into these than I would have thought for the "pilot" episode... especially compared to my entry  :rofl:
I cant wait for the next picture.

Toddo, did you not make an end date for the voting? Also, I wish there was a way to require 50 or so posts to vote.....

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
    #6623082 - 03/01/07 03:24 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

stefan said:
couldn't wait:smirk:

after listening to all compositions while viewing the picture my vote is on entityexperiment, very nice pure acoustiguitar recording:thumbup:
what effect did you use, it sounds like some panning effect, maybe a little stereo chorus and some reverb?

others were very good too, but this one in combination with the picture was best for me

hey man, that's appreciated lots :thumbup: :smile:  I didn't think I even had a chance with some of the musicians on here.  I tried my best.  I really just let it flow and didn't think about it.  That was 2 takes.

You were bang on...besides the panning though(not sure how to do that yet).  Some light chorus and a tiny bit of reverb.  your ears picked up on that well. :thumbup:

Edited by entityexperiment (03/01/07 03:37 AM)

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
    #6623095 - 03/01/07 03:35 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Man, they were all so good.  Honestly, it's quite obvious my own playing relates to me the best, but honestly, I was almost going to vote for either Toddo or undercovercop...they both really set the mood for me.

This is a tough vote for people me thinks.  Very cool material from all musicians...good work! :thumbup:

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #6623110 - 03/01/07 03:54 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

First off let me say you all did a GREAT job and are all very talented. :cheers:

The one I thought fit the picture and that I could really vibe with the most was Gem in my eye by entity. It set me back into a nice tranquil state here in the wee hours of the morning. Very well done. :laugh:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleIndividual
Bass Addict
Male User Gallery

Loc: Reality Loophole
Re: **Official Composition Contest**(February) Cut off date for submissions: 2/28 [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #6623185 - 03/01/07 04:56 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I liked toddos dawn awakening most. Good work everybody :thumbup:

--------------------
THE PHILOSOPHY OF LIBERTY <---                                               

OfflineUndercoverCop
Stranger

Re: **Official Composition Contest**(February) Cut off date for submissions: 2/28 [Re: Individual]
    #6623342 - 03/01/07 06:18 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Next time you (or whoever wins) should not list the names of the members. That way we know that no weight will be voted towards a certain member.

As for the pieces, besides my own (which relates to me the best, duh) I liked all of them, except one. I didn't feel as if that one really represented the picture at all.

I enjoyed toddo's the most. It really built suspense, and I liked though. All though I feel as if it was a little drug-out. I also liked the aucustic arrangement...I don't know the author right off.

Looking back on mine, if I could of changed anything, it would defiantly make it slower. But hell, In all reality molecules move fucking fast. lol.

But good job guys, I can't wait to do this next month. :cool:

Edited by UndercoverCop (03/01/07 08:04 AM)

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#6624143 - 03/01/07 11:33 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Hey everyone.  Thanks to everyone who put the time into creating a piece.  I think my favorites were gem of my eye (very much had that happy new beginning feel.)  And I really liked the woodwinds... it had the new energy in the morning feel and it sounded like an old Zelda soundtrack. :smile:

Somethings I'm going to do next time:
-Set a freakin ending time to the poll. (that was my bad for not)  I planned on having the vote go on for a week.
-Post the tracks with out the user names

Great job everyone.  I'm already excited for next month.  :smile:

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #6625418 - 03/01/07 06:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

also put the poll in a thread outside of this thread.

i am actually shocked at the voting.....
1) thought there would be more voters.
2) I thought Toddo blew us all out of the water, especially when put in the context of the picture...... but I guess that is the purpose of voting....

So toddo, was that all your composition? or was it like an acid pro thing with different loops/tracks from different things.... or was it a hybrid of that?
I was thinking about composing a song in Finale, but I hate the MIDI sounds that came with it.... so idecided to keep it soundscape-ish.

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: **Official Composition Contest**(February) Cut off date for submissions: 2/28 [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6625886 - 03/01/07 08:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

you know, I had expected a really low voter turnout because it takes somewhat of an effort to go through the tracks. Its also in the middle of page2... I'll start a new thread for the poll next time.

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I don't blame you. I can't handle midi stock sounds. (The finale sound engine is pretty terrible)

I worked on my track in cubase, with most of it played off a huge orchestral library via midi & sampler. (EWQL-Symphonic Orchestra) I have an old analog organ in my room which I recorded digitally. I also put in some subtle sound FX's I recorded.

That finale sound library gives you somewhat of an idea of what your writing.. but if you want a presentable mock up.. you really need to invest in a decent orchestral library. (or download one)

--------------------

InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: secret tweeker pad Flag
    #6625952 - 03/01/07 08:58 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i would love to compete but i have no recording equipment yet. :frown:

--------------------

OfflineDannyT
Danny Tanner
 User Gallery
Loc: Souf Carolina
    #6626756 - 03/02/07 12:42 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

its a bitch to get good turnouts in the music/lit/art section for posting replies and votes.  It's almost like it's just a novelty that it's here sometimes.  Anyhoo, rock on, and good job on all of the tracks :laugh:

--------------------
Oh, no, man, I feel weird
I'm trying to get the motherfucking fuck out of here
Before there's flowers here
And sour tears

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies