Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
What the future holds and how you feel about it
    #6611069 - 02/25/07 11:29 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I have been asking my friends and family how they currently feel about the state of the world, with regards to government, politics, economy, war, pollution, etc... and every body is concerned.... some are living their lives feeling really great and happy, excited... but everyone seems to say there is a dark under-current that seems to be sweeping the whole planet under.

You can see it everywhere: in the books people write, the tvs shows we watch, games we play, hell just turn on the News and your head will start to buzz with all that's going on. The violence and destruction of it all is scary.

What do you guys feel? And I say 'feel' because it really is a feeling I get... like there is gonna be hell on earth for a while before things rearrange themselves again on a higher level. For those that see major changes coming our way... how are you going to deal with it? I for one am getting prepared with basic necessities like storing up growing amounts of food, water, fuels, materials, etc... but there is also a feeling of helplessness.. . like this machine we created has abondonded the very people who built it, and which is now on a flimsly leash held by the elite rich bankers, the military industrial complex, crooked politicians, royal families with skeletons in their closets, and hell-bent power seekers.

Anyhow, 2012 is only a few years away... maybe what 2012 represents is the tip of balance from a crazy world gone mad, to a sane and compassionate global community based on love instead of fear...

Well that's my wrap, to sum it up: Things will definately get much worse before they get better, but don't let that throw you in a bummer because for some people the balance has already tipped to the love side, when you meet these ppl its just pure exctasy and joy to share good moments with them.

what do you guys feel?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDieCommie

Re: What the future holds and how you feel about it [Re: chodamunky]
    #6611074 - 02/25/07 11:30 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Anyhow, 2012 is only a few years away... maybe what 2012 represents is the tip of balance from a crazy world gone mad, to a sane and compassionate global community based on love instead of fear...

I think you are in the wrong forum.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6611129 - 02/26/07 12:02 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I feel great. Things might be violent, but they've always been violent. The only difference is we have more media so everyone gets to see the violence.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Re: What the future holds and how you feel about it [Re: DieCommie]
    #6611198 - 02/26/07 12:30 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

That sentence describes exactly what is wrong with current day politics, the fear-mongering propaganda. 2012 is a hypothetical point in the future when I believe the politics are gonna start to change where forums like this will become obsolete... a revolution in government and politics. But anyway, if the mods here feel this post is not appropriate here then you can move it

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Re: What the future holds and how you feel about it [Re: Redstorm]
    #6611205 - 02/26/07 12:31 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
I feel great. Things might be violent, but they've always been violent. The only difference is we have more media so everyone gets to see the violence.

Right... but now that you see the violence do you want it to stop, do you participate in it? indifferent?

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#6611262 - 02/26/07 12:47 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I get what you are saying. I can see it. Sometimes I feel like the guy in the crow's nest on the Titanic who has spotted the iceberg. Do you start ringing the bell or start loading you and yours into the lifeboat?

Personally I've been doing a bit of both. But overall most people won't get the danger we are in collectively until it is almost on top of us. And by that time the worst effects will be unavoidable. Warning people is mostly a waste of time so I generally spend most of my time making preparations.

What's crazy is I live in the area affected by Hurricane Katrina (and Camille before that). People should know to be prepared for disasters so if you can't wake people up around here forget about it, brother.

The sad fact is most people are numb and dumb. Always have been. Humans seem genetically hard-wired to only focus on short-term problems. I guess my brain is hooked up differently which can be good or bad depending upon how you look at it.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Invisibleelbisivni
    #6611412 - 02/26/07 02:10 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I think we're going to see some pretty exciting events in our lifetime, some good some bad. Then again, who hasn't thought that?

"Well Bob, I think the entire world is going to be fairly boring for the rest of our lives. Would you like some mandies?"

I can see it now: the children happily frolicking in the wheat fields beside the brook laughing and playing in the sunlight that falls upon a land where freedom reigns supreme. A land where giant mechanized bipedal machines are used to explore new and unknown frontiers where man would never have dared explore before. A land where peanut butter grows in bogs like cranberries and liquid LSD drips from multicolored bioluminescent vines that come out of the earth and entangle the structures of Babylon that once housed those whom forbade us to free our minds threatening draft to a war in a place we never heard of where we would be sent just to die so some highly advanced cyborg pig could make a few bucks for another equipment upgrade and an oil change. Change is on the horizon I tell you.

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
    #6611621 - 02/26/07 05:52 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

chodamunky said:
Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

That sentence describes exactly what is wrong with current day politics, the fear-mongering propaganda. 2012 is a hypothetical point in the future when I believe the politics are gonna start to change where forums like this will become obsolete... a revolution in government and politics. But anyway, if the mods here feel this post is not appropriate here then you can move it

2012 is a conspiracy theory :shrug:

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

InvisibleSlashOZ
:D
Male

Loc: Following the water cycle
Re: What the future holds and how you feel about it [Re: Basilides]
    #6612562 - 02/26/07 01:29 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

The world will continue in its current pace.

Science and technology of course will continue to improve making our lives easier and more efficient. the next 50 years or so we will most likely see the perfection of living in this age of human history.

Violence will continue but in a more nominal way than it ever has been with fewer victims and deaths. Violence is on the decrease among normal folks like us and is only prevelent in extreamists (islamic, evangelical etc).

If we believe in the system the founding fathers laid down (which works when not run by corrupt assholes) and elect the right people into office we might even see america return some freedoms to the people (ie gay marraige, stem cell reaserch, drug usage). However if we keep believing the alarmists on the right(neocons) we will see more security, lies, violence, and less personal freedom. In other words america will become more of a police state. If dems get elected i picture the 90's happening again. If we tend toward a more liberaltarian elected official we will of course see government intervention in our lives decrease etc.

Also a global society will emgerge with similar values and symbols (ie english will become more dominant) which is a good thing because people who have similar values and symbols tend not to get into conflict with eachother. How can we isolate an enemy when most of the world likes the same food, music, movies, books, tv shows, has similar morals and values, language, and as transportation speeds increase etc etc etc.

--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

Offlinetoolband420
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What the future holds and how you feel about it [Re: SlashOZ]
    #6618751 - 02/27/07 11:21 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

:mushroom2: larger and greater mushrooms more potent weed and free lsd

--------------------
In a cyberspacial sense, the OTD forum found on a pseudo-underground-drug cult message board known as the Shroomery to its swarthy cyber-inhabitants, is considered to at the very least parallel the ignorance and corruption referred to in John's Revelations. Scat and slander are its primary commodities - Wikipedia

Offlinetoolband420
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What the future holds and how you feel about it [Re: toolband420]
    #6618756 - 02/27/07 11:22 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i hope

--------------------
In a cyberspacial sense, the OTD forum found on a pseudo-underground-drug cult message board known as the Shroomery to its swarthy cyber-inhabitants, is considered to at the very least parallel the ignorance and corruption referred to in John's Revelations. Scat and slander are its primary commodities - Wikipedia

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: What the future holds and how you feel about it [Re: toolband420]
    #6618781 - 02/27/07 11:27 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

toolband420 said:
:mushroom2: larger and greater mushrooms more potent weed and free lsd

Here is to thinking big  :guinness:

InvisibleTaharka
The Root of the Problem
Folding@home Statistics
Re: What the future holds and how you feel about it [Re: DieCommie]
    #6622404 - 02/28/07 10:10 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

How do I feel about the future? I'm afraid. We've got the war in the Middle East, the neocons, globalization, global warming, the death of the middle class, etc. The proverbial shit is about to hit the fan. I hate to be cynical, but there is no place in the world for rosy ideals about spiritual (re)awakening in 2012. In 2012, I'll most likely be fighting and/or dieing in Iran or North Korea.
In the near future, the international community will get tired of the U.S.'s bullshit. It will probably be China that takes our place. Even Hitler was afraid of China.
Looking a bit further ahead, science and technology will make our lives hell as they are applied to what was always their first and most important purpose: warfare. Biological, nanoscopic, you name it. We may even end in an apocalyptic "Grey Goo" scenario: if there's anything left on Earth by the time they are invented, all avaliable biomass will be consumed by self-replicating nanomachines.
Peace, love, and hapiness are great motivators, and many of us would be willing to work towards such ends. Problem is, money and power are better motivators. Just ask someone in the Bush Regime.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: What the future holds and how you feel about it [Re: Taharka]
    #6622671 - 02/28/07 11:22 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

There is nothing to be afraid of. Knowledge banishes fear. This is a great time to be alive!..look upon the future as a challenge. Chimps like the Bush Zoo Crew have steered us into an iceberg. Make plans to ditch these primate warmongers as they hammer themselves into oblivion!

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: What the future holds and how you feel about it [Re: zorbman]
    #6622695 - 02/28/07 11:33 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

:rockon:

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#6622772 - 02/28/07 11:59 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

The real problems will arrise only when resources start running out, such as oil and fresh water.

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

InvisibleSlashOZ
:D
Male

Loc: Following the water cycle
Re: What the future holds and how you feel about it [Re: Taharka]
    #6624055 - 03/01/07 11:06 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Taharka said:
Looking a bit further ahead, science and technology will make our lives hell as they are applied to what was always their first and most important purpose: warfare. Biological, nanoscopic, you name it. We may even end in an apocalyptic "Grey Goo" scenario: if there's anything left on Earth by the time they are invented, all avaliable biomass will be consumed by self-replicating nanomachines.

Okay your bs about nanomachines is so wrong i don't know where to begin. First off we are just begining to manipulate particles on the nanoscale and most of the advancements in nanomaterials have been in consumer goods. For example, golf clubs that use nanotubes, a nanomaterial 100 times stronger than steal and 1/6 the weight. Also stain defender for your pants is a product of nanotechnology, so is spray on sunscreen.

Apart from making new materials such as nanotubes and buckyballs we are also manipulating the atomic structure of materials already found in nature. For example Thai scientists are working on a way to atomically modify rice so it can be grown all year around and feed their starving people. The danger from nanomaterials is not some science fiction bs scenerio about greygoo but is actually posed by the complete lack of regulations and mandatory testing to make sure nanomaterials don't hurt humans or the environment.

At least do some reasearch about nanotechnology before you start spreading your alarmist fear propoganda against it. Check out www.foresight.org and read up about nanotechnology. It can really change the world for the better as soon as we are able to master it. Imagine a fully working invisibility cloak made from special nanoscale metamaterials. metamaterials are the only materials known in the universe (and are completely man made!) that actually reflect light back to the source no matter what the angle of light hitting the surface. whereas every other material in the universe reflects light in different directions.

--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

OfflineTurn
Hey Its Free!

Loc: The fabled catbird seat
Re: What the future holds and how you feel about it [Re: SlashOZ]
    #6624192 - 03/01/07 11:47 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

In the future, and we are making moves towards it now, everything will have to be 100% recyclable or 100% biodegradable. It is the only way to make life sustainable, that or some incredible scientific discovery where we can just create matter.
Also I hope we will have some sort of anarchist smashing of our current Western culture that has gotten so crazy. If not we will just continue to want more unrealistic bodies and even greater amounts of wealth.

But one thing we can defiantly say is that we will either face the problem of pollution or global warming, or just use our planet until it is virtually uninhabitable. If we do come to terms with pollution then our economy will be much much different.

InvisibleTaharka
The Root of the Problem
Folding@home Statistics
Re: What the future holds and how you feel about it [Re: Turn]
    #6625446 - 03/01/07 06:19 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Turn said:
Everything will have to be 100% recyclable or 100% biodegradable. It is the only way to make life sustainable.

A great percentage of the Earth's population will be dead before those in power opt to make this shift, or the people themselves make this change. And that's simply because environmental awereness is more time-consuming and expensive than rampant and wasteful consumerism.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: What the future holds and how you feel about it [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #6625664 - 03/01/07 07:09 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Hank, FTW said:
The real problems will arrise only when resources start running out, such as oil and fresh water.

Indeed. I don't look forward to the day when the US and China are fighting over scraps of land in the Middle East.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order