Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleInfested
Stranger
Male
What the hell happened?
    #6605580 - 02/24/07 03:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

So i was going to bed the other night but as i was falling asleep, all of a sudden, my body is paralyzed and thats not all i am hallucinating big time, like above mushroom experience. This lasted 5 minutes or so, and i tried to resist and get up and finally i done it.

I was confused for 20 min and then attempted to fall asleep again. As i was falling asleep it started again but his time it was extremely hard to resist, every time i resisted it seemed like i succeeded because i felt like i got up, but second later i realized i didn't even twitch. This lasted 30 minutes or so. I couldn't sleep that night.

The hallucinations were so powerful, i was hearing music, and random noises, voices. That were synchronized with the visual hallucinations and vice versa. At some point i wanted to get my mp3 player, to cover the sound with music ( i usually do this on mushrooms). The next second i hear a familiar song. I thought i actually got my mp3 player and turned it on but forgot i did so. And then i realized that i didn't move at all.

This never happened to me before. I was not on any drugs, in fact i didn't take anything week prior to experience. Ive done mushrooms 50 and above times, and smoked weed lots.

I went to doctor he wasn't sure what to say, but he said it might be linked to mushrooms, can be some sleep disorder from stress. Since he wasn't sure, i needed to take blood tests and urine tests, and still got a CAT Scan to do. I will post the results once i get them.

If this happened to anyone or/and if you think you got a clue on whats going on tell me. Thanks.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: What the hell happened? [Re: Infested]
    #6605612 - 02/24/07 03:18 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You could be experiencing sleep paralysis. During that time you are kind half-awake, so your body is paralyzed (asleep) but your mind stays slightly awake. Hallucinations can occur, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineBoaz
Stranger
Male

Loc: Maybe next door..
Re: What the hell happened? [Re: trendal]
    #6605686 - 02/24/07 03:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Are you on any anti-anxiety meds? There is something called "death sleep", not deadly in any way, but it is a rare side effect of anti-anxiety meds. aka what trendal calls sleep paralysis....same thing.

Edited by aferr1 (02/24/07 03:50 PM)

InvisibleInfested
Stranger
Male
Re: What the hell happened? [Re: Boaz]
    #6605741 - 02/24/07 04:03 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

aferr1 said:
Are you on any anti-anxiety meds? There is something called "death sleep", not deadly in any way, but it is a rare side effect of anti-anxiety meds. aka what trendal calls sleep paralysis....same thing.

No i am not taking any medication. This is might be why the doctor kept asking me if i was taking any medication even though i told him i have been doing mushrooms and marijuana.

And the symptoms of sleep paralysis do match mine. Thats probably it. Thanks everyone for quick responses.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #6606057 - 02/24/07 05:57 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You were close to having and OBE

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Loc: Nacada
Re: What the hell happened? [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6606262 - 02/24/07 07:24 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:

You know that for sure?

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: What the hell happened? [Re: WScott]
    #6606317 - 02/24/07 07:44 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm almost sure... from the description sounds like OBE

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: What the hell happened? [Re: WScott]
    #6606321 - 02/24/07 07:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

it could have been some flash back phenomena..... its somewhat rare but it happens.....

also, using marijuana, while generally accepted as safe does have odd side effects in some people......

had you been smoking more or less than usual? perhaps a different strain that usual?

It seems that many people while varying the concentration of thc or variety of MJ (sativa or indica) will expierence changes in dream and speep patterns.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleInfested
Stranger
Male
Re: What the hell happened? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #6606756 - 02/24/07 10:34 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I guess you can kinda link the experience i had to OBE. I felt like living a parallel life for most of the experience. I was constantly thinking that i have done something in real life and it felt very convincing, but every time i was only to find out i didn't do a thing.

Personally i wouldn't make any connection to this with any drugs. I think if any of you experienced this you would say the same. Although i can kind of compare it to saliva trip. And the info for Sleep Paralysis notes that you might be in dissociative state (similar to saliva).

The doctor said it might be Sleep Paralysis, and he said it might be caused from stress. And i actually have been stressed lately (first time in quite a while).

I am quite convinced that its Sleep Paralysis. Of course i will still see what my tests results show. And i will post if there is anything.

And i once again would like to thank everyone for responses.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #6606781 - 02/24/07 10:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

definitely sleep paralysis or an obe but then again they go hand in hand. You can induce it by putting yourself into a trance. When you got to sleep tonight lay there as comfortable as possible and let your body fall asleep but keep your mind awake. Let it relax to the point that it is paralyzed(sleep paralysis). Feel every inch of your body and look behind your closed eyelids. You will start to see images and such that are very realistic. Keep your mind alert to the fact that you are awake and don't fall into those dream like thoughts. Once your in this hypnogogic state feel your body vibrate and concentrate on it until its unbearable. Then imagine yourself as a balloon or gas that is slowly lifting upward and upward. Once you open your eyes you should be starring at the ceiling. During the hallucinations they might form into whole landscapes which you can walk into which is just a lucid dream (known as a WILD) which are fun but not as fun as an obe. If u do achieve an obe, whatever you do don't think of your physical body or you will return. Tell me if you try it and/or are successful.

--------------------

Edited by DeathCompany (02/25/07 12:21 AM)

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #6606895 - 02/24/07 11:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:

Yep, astral projection.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/index.php

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: What the hell happened? *DELETED* [Re: Infested]
    #6606938 - 02/25/07 12:02 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: What the hell happened? [Re: poke smot!]
    #6606974 - 02/25/07 12:19 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

poke smot! said:
This has happened to me in a few forms. A couple times I couldn't wake up, or kept waking into another dream. A few weeks ago I had a terrifying sleep paralysis where as I fell asleep I couldn't move, but I was still mentally in my bedroom. It scared the shit out of me!

ill often wake up from a lucid dream unable to move for a few minutes. You just got to wait it out. A trick to it is trying to wiggle your pinky.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#6609092 - 02/25/07 05:34 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Infested said:
I guess you can kinda link the experience i had to OBE. I felt like living a parallel life for most of the experience. I was constantly thinking that i have done something in real life and it felt very convincing, but every time i was only to find out i didn't do a thing.

Personally i wouldn't make any connection to this with any drugs. I think if any of you experienced this you would say the same. Although i can kind of compare it to saliva trip. And the info for Sleep Paralysis notes that you might be in dissociative state (similar to saliva).

The doctor said it might be Sleep Paralysis, and he said it might be caused from stress. And i actually have been stressed lately (first time in quite a while).

I am quite convinced that its Sleep Paralysis. Of course i will still see what my tests results show. And i will post if there is anything.

And i once again would like to thank everyone for responses.

Probably your tests will turn out good, there's no link between the two of them. Also, before going to sleep try to meditate and maybe breathe some fresh air... take a short walk or something. By that you'll be able to clear and relax your mind.
Besides sleep paralysis can be turned into something awesome if you have patience and don't freak out.
I came to the conclusion that if I remain stuck somewhere in between and take it as being something natural by remaining calm, it can lead me to the most interesting lucid dreams and OBE experiences.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #6609706 - 02/25/07 08:22 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Infested said:
So i was going to bed the other night but as i was falling asleep, all of a sudden, my body is paralyzed and thats not all i am hallucinating big time, like above mushroom experience. This lasted 5 minutes or so, and i tried to resist and get up and finally i done it.

I was confused for 20 min and then attempted to fall asleep again. As i was falling asleep it started again but his time it was extremely hard to resist, every time i resisted it seemed like i succeeded because i felt like i got up, but second later i realized i didn't even twitch. This lasted 30 minutes or so. I couldn't sleep that night.

The hallucinations were so powerful, i was hearing music, and random noises, voices. That were synchronized with the visual hallucinations and vice versa. At some point i wanted to get my mp3 player, to cover the sound with music ( i usually do this on mushrooms). The next second i hear a familiar song. I thought i actually got my mp3 player and turned it on but forgot i did so. And then i realized that i didn't move at all.

This never happened to me before. I was not on any drugs, in fact i didn't take anything week prior to experience. Ive done mushrooms 50 and above times, and smoked weed lots.

I went to doctor he wasn't sure what to say, but he said it might be linked to mushrooms, can be some sleep disorder from stress. Since he wasn't sure, i needed to take blood tests and urine tests, and still got a CAT Scan to do. I will post the results once i get them.

If this happened to anyone or/and if you think you got a clue on whats going on tell me. Thanks.

Kind fo sounds like the way I "fall asleep" ...

Do you recall the position your body is in/- the moment you fall asleep?  ... the moment you wake up?

By my own experience with people, I found that most people do not...
And those who really do, tends to experience what you kind of described...

BTW: End sleep paralysis to soon, and one might sleep-walk/sleep-talk/etcetera ...
End the paralysis to late, and one might find oneself "stuck in ones body"/dreaming some crazy shit(Like being abducted by aliens?)/etcetera...

:crazy2:

InvisibleInfested
Stranger
Male
    #6627399 - 03/02/07 10:40 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

So i just got my test results. Found nothing but THC. Stupid fucker still didn't tell me what happened.

I guess shroomery members are smarter then doctors.

Gonna cancel my CT scan rite now.

Thanks everyone for help. I am actually messing around with this stuff now, trying to get voluntary sleep paralysis.

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6627681 - 03/02/07 12:50 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

its sleep paralysis

I get it all the time

your body is tired but your brain still hasnt relaxed so you 'fall asleep' but then realize your brain hasnt...its wierd

I also get a very loud ringing in my ears right before I snap into the situation....

you learn to deal with it

best thing to do is try and relax, you will fall alseep

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #6629045 - 03/02/07 08:00 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:

yup...it's sleep paralysis, which can often lead to OBEs. I've had a fair amount of experiences with this over the past year, and it's unnerving to say the least (I also experienced it, as well as sleepwalking as a little kid......ALL the time. I used to see shit all the time at night. To where I needed a night light into my early teen years, cause I was afraid of the dark.)

But anyway, IME it often comes with a horrifying presence, one that feels like pure evil. This presence has ripped me out of my body and held me trapped before. Scary shit. I've also experienced it while falling asleep while fully conscious (this happens most often when I'm extremely exhausted). I get stuck to the bed, can't move, feel that presence, and eventually fall very far, very fast, and literally land in a dream. Fully conscious all the while. It takes mad willpower to pull myself out, I do, then it happens again, though not as strong, I pull out....THEN finally sleep. It's freaky shit for sure, especially when all I want is to take a nap.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being