Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
LSD
    #6605082 - 02/24/07 09:28 AM (17 years, 27 days ago)

For those of you who have done LSD, what do you think it is trying to teach you, if anything? Do you think the LSD intoxication is just a flurry of colors and voices and then it's gone, or does it actually have a permanent positive effect on your life?

I notice everytime I do high doses of LSD, I have to go through a sort of death experience at one time or another. LSD seems to cramp the nerves in my arms and I'll start getting slightly worried and go look in the mirror, and suddenly my face will turn sheet white, as if all the blood has faded out. I'll check my pulse and realize that it's all just in my head, but as the LSD trip stretches into eternity, I'll have to go through the process of directing energy back into my arms over and over. However, as I've done more LSD, I've learned to just sit back and say, "If I die on this trip, in this moment, I couldn't have asked for anything more," and once that realization settles in LSD will be pure euphoria for endless hours until I come back to the world's conformity. Now, even when I'm completely sober, if I feel my life is threatened, the acceptance of death from my LSD trips comes back and soothes my worried consciousness, and I realize that whether I die now or 80 years in the future, I couldn't have asked for anything more from this life.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: LSD [Re: Ravus]
    #6605095 - 02/24/07 09:36 AM (17 years, 27 days ago)

It sounds as if you are just sitting around on your LSD experience(s). I have to be active, whether hiking or walking or riding my bike, something.

Every time I take LSD in a significant dose, it's like hitting the reset button on my life. I feel refreshed during and for days/weeks later. I feel like I can start things over. I feel in my body and in my mind and in everyone all at the same time.

The colors are just emotions and feelings which can be read. I can sense people's thoughts and notice their actions with understanding moreso than when sober, and often for a period afterwards.

LSD makes me slow down and think "huh?" while still letting me take action and control of the things in my life.

You have to understand this is just a futile attempt at explaining something which is practically indescribable.

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #6605098 - 02/24/07 09:37 AM (17 years, 27 days ago)

The materialist camp will often state that psychedelics simply bring forth the subconscious mind into conscious realm. I actually agree with them here. Where I differ from them is that I believe my subconscious mind can perceive things which are beyond the conscious experience, including higher realms of existence. Which isn't to say there's not the other stuff that psychologists talk about as well. I've had bad trips where I was confronted with my shadow(in the Jungian sense). I feel that the full meaning of a trip is not discerned while tripping, but rather much later after having time to reflect on it. It is in incorporating the psychedelic experience into our sober reality that we can see its greater meaning.

I suppose I'm getting a bit sidetracked here. As the question, I feel that LSD is trying to teach me who I am, where I come from, and what lies beyond.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: LSD [Re: demiu5]
    #6605116 - 02/24/07 09:50 AM (17 years, 27 days ago)

I was inside on my latest LSD experience due to the fact that there was a blizzard outside. I have hiked through the woods on LSD before (and gotten lost for a few hours) and will usually go out to nature, though.

I agree with you completely though. It does feel like you've been given a new chance at life, that all you've wished to do you can go back and do now that you're conscious of what you want.

It seems that from many people I've talked to, epiphanies gained from LSD seem to have many similarities, no matter how different the people.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

#6605164 - 02/24/07 10:14 AM (17 years, 27 days ago)

:sun::heart:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #6605177 - 02/24/07 10:19 AM (17 years, 27 days ago)

LSD...like all psychedelics...can show one their spiritual path, but only if one is looking for it. If you make LSD your spiritual path then you are indulging over a tool...like getting obsessed with a hammer or a rake. It is a tool...one of many...but if you wield it correctly it will point you in the right direction.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: LSD [Re: Silversoul]
    #6605222 - 02/24/07 10:41 AM (17 years, 27 days ago)

I would interject that Awareness extend in both directions in an enhanced way: downward through subconscious, preconscious and unconscious realms, and upward in conscious and superconscious realms. When Ram Dass pointed out the "point" or "Witness," which may emerge on trips, he was referring to a Cosmic Consciousness or Transcendental Ego which is usually 'submerged' in whatever state of consciousness is dominating our Awareness. The Awareness Itself is this Witness which seems to differentiate Itself from the sensory and rational processes in which it is usually so conjoined, so 'incarnated' that we can have the impression that these processes and the nervous system itself IS the Awareness.

Psychology/psychiatry (again, as Ram Dass pointed out) calls these states of mind 'dissociative,' with 'depersonalisation' and/or 'derealization' as corollary effects. All of these states are deemed 'pathological' [sick-minded] rather than 'spiritual' in our scientific materialism dominated culture. Instead of valuing these states as entering wedges into 'The Matrix,' they are considered to be 'cracks' or 'fractures' in one's world view and hence dangerously pathological states which result in questioning the nature of Reality. Those unprepared individuals who freak out (or "pop" as Neo did in the Matrix) believe they have gone crazy because the establishment treats them as mental patients when this occurs.

But before I digress further...it is this Transcendental Ego which is responsible for the doctrines of much of Eastern philosophy and religion, as well as the dualism which occurs in Gnosticism in which the True Self is considered to be this emerging Witness, impassive and separate from the body-mind processes that we usually identify with. This Witness is believed to be the True Self, perhaps even the 'Christ Within' which is the "Spark" (or 'Point') of Divinity that Really is the Source of our Awareness. This Witness has been variously described and defined, especially in Indian thought. Some think it to be many 'Purushas,' some thik it to be one Purusha that enters into all of us (like many reflections of the one sun). In Gnostic Christianity, the notion that our souls are Really the same 'substance' of God or Christ was met with the harshest attacks of blasphemy and heresy. In any event, LSD often results in 'dissociative' states in which one Experiences one's mind-body from the perspective of The Witness. "Have you ever been Experienced?...Well, I have..."

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: LSD [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6605291 - 02/24/07 11:16 AM (17 years, 27 days ago)

So I take it LSD has changed your life in a positive way?

Seeing as you have developed an entire intellectual view of the psychedelic experience, what is your opinion of Herbert Mullin and others who have harmed other human beings after taking LSD? Herbert Mullin was undoubtedly predisposed to schizophrenia before he ever dropped acid, but eventually he became a serial killer, which is, in itself, extremely rare among schizophrenics as they are less likely than the general population to kill someone.

“I believe that my father has been unequally blamed for my failures. But surely, if he had given me the six-year old homosexual “blow job” oral stimulation that I was entitled to, like most other people get, I would never had taken LSD without his permission.” -- Herbert Mullin after his arrest

“We human beings, through the history of the world, have protected our continent from cataclysms by murder. In other words, a minor natural disaster avoids a major natural disaster.” -- Herb Mullin

I cannot imagine the man's experience and the suffering he caused other people. He must've suffered greatly himself to kill 13 people, but in this case LSD didn't seem to make the mind experiencing it more empathetic but actually more hostile to life.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: LSD - people in charge are dumb [Re: Ravus]
    #6605373 - 02/24/07 11:45 AM (17 years, 27 days ago)

Just in case everybody is secretly a horror child like Herbert Mullin, the laws of the land have declared LSD illegal.

All LSD does is invite dream like mental processing into the waking mind.

This runs against public interests which specifically need the masses to work while awake, behave while not working or fall down drunk, and sleep when not working or behaving or drinking, even if there is no work, and no self esteem available among the masses etc.

As long as LSD remains illegal, the masses can be mass controlled to work sleep drink and behave, and the healthy ones shall be treated as deviants since anyone certainly might turn deviant if they knew they were disenfranchised, and according to any materialistic view - we all truly are disenfranchised.

this is very sad.

even salvia is being examined for how it might seem to destabilize the balance of disenfranchisement.

in our dreams are the richest stores of inspiration and design. those who barr the gates to this are ignorant of the value of LSD and of the potential of people who have been annointed in otherworldly oils.

one person in 500 will really want to murder more than once if given the chance and this will not have anything to do with LSD.

a higher proportion of people who take LSD go on to produce creative and technical works of wonder. the truth about it just does not make any sense.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: LSD [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6605375 - 02/24/07 11:46 AM (17 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

It is a tool...one of many...but if you wield it correctly it will point you in the right direction.

I think it points you in whatever direction you want it to point you.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#6605397 - 02/24/07 11:56 AM (17 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Do you think the LSD intoxication is just a flurry of colors and voices and then it's gone, or does it actually have a permanent positive effect on your life?

I don't think I can say it better than Ken Kesey did:
"LSD is that simple thing in life that allows you to look at things in an alternate perspective. Those who try LSD are expanding their outlook on life, merely understanding life's complexity in a more lucid sense. Generally speaking LSD is spoken negatively among the common person due to the reason it's categorized as a "drug". Moreover, life is contingent on the experiences with in one's life; so testing your consciousness with acid simply augments the way in which one exists."

LSD seems like it would be a great tool for tearing down the veil of maya. One of the most profound experiences I had on a LSD trip was being able to looking at something without classifying it or categorizing it in any way. I just saw it. What it was didn't matter. I was able to have perceptions that were free of conceptions. I remember looking at the writing in a book and chuckling at how meaningless it all seemed. It was just black on a white. I was the one who gave this assortment of colors any meaning.

I think my experiences with LSD have been beneficial to my personal growth. If nothing else, they were some of the most exciting and interesting experiences in my life. :smile:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#6605411 - 02/24/07 12:01 PM (17 years, 27 days ago)

Antisocial Personality Disordered individuals (Sociopaths or Psychopaths), whether dual-diagnosed with Schizophrenia or not, are going to act without the guidance of conscience, guilt, remorse or empathy. LSD is not going to cure such an individual. The magickal thinking which you cited is the same 'rationale' for Aztecs to have cut the still-beating hearts out of millions of captives - to prevent the Sun from dying!

Charlie Manson's 'Family' likewise ran on LSD, and there were an entire group of psychopathic personalities living together. There, Manson ingeniously wove together a number of mythic-archetypal themes to create a whole delusional system that was shared by his followers. He accessed the archetypal material through psychedelic perception, but it was shaped by his violent tendencies, lack of empathy and purely manipulative mentality.

I don't know anything about Mullin, but from your examples, he was clearly delusional. I see nothing about his own suffering. Sociopaths do not suffer conflict about murder due to the deficits mentioned above. They are disconnected from others to the point of regarding other people or animals as little more than animate furniture to be used and disposed of. Jeffry Dahmer was a more recent example of this.

--------------------

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Re: LSD [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #6605559 - 02/24/07 12:52 PM (17 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

MushmanTheManic said:
One of the most profound experiences I had on a LSD trip was being able to looking at something without classifying it or categorizing it in any way. I just saw it. What it was didn't matter. I was able to have perceptions that were free of conceptions. I remember looking at the writing in a book and chuckling at how meaningless it all seemed. It was just black on a white. I was the one who gave this assortment of colors any meaning.

yes, exactly, especially the last line

I find this to be the same with numbers as well since they are all, in and of themselves, symbols to which we've applied a meaning or multiple meanings

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #6605944 - 02/24/07 03:16 PM (17 years, 27 days ago)

Mostly same as you Ravus.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineBard
Ultrahuman
Male User Gallery

#6611647 - 02/26/07 06:22 AM (17 years, 25 days ago)

I have thought a Lot about what LSD do, and have read a lot of opinions... This one isn't only, or the final interpretation by me:

I have very small number of LSD experiences, and maximum one hit at a time... LSD is like magic, it lets you create reality, not just makes you see things... If somebody wants to be a serial killer, but is too afraid to start, LSD can be a good helping tool... It is morbid, but in my experience, when I was dosed, I was able to see the world the way I wanted to see... That is why the set and setting is so important, because of the magic... If somebody has hate in himself when he doses, he/she can manifest, create, that hate...

If LSD teaches anything, then it teaches that thoughts can create reality. Permanent positive effect comes when somebody is ready, somebody is filled with love, and then he ingests the potion...

--------------------
So dreaming let's you know reality exists.

I don't belive. I fear.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: LSD [Re: Bard]
    #6613343 - 02/26/07 04:48 PM (17 years, 25 days ago)

I just tripped this weekend, two hits, one of which is two times as potent as the other (which itself is pretty strong). I'm not sure what to think about the experience. My consciousness essentially felt that there is nothing left to learn in this present state of existance, and I was faced once again with the moment in which I was about to die. The monkey in me simply wants to live the rest of my life with my girlfriend and to experience being with each other and then to die. The understanding I've been developing regarding the nature of reality really came to a point at which there was nothing conventional left to understand, to a point at which this consciousness would transcend this physical existance to go further.

It became difficult to hold on. I still want to be who I am and to live my life, and at this point I basically had to bring myself to forget things in order to continue living my life. I'm not sure if I'll involve myself with psychadelics again. I've come to terms with a lot of things through them and dissolved a lot of fear but I sense that there isn't anywhere else I can go without saying good-bye to life as I know it. :grin:

I'm probably going to be on this website less and less as I focus more on present aspects of my life. I don't really feel compelled to discuss matters that would keep me here for hours and hours, honing my ability to express myself and to develop ideas.

I honestly do not think it was a bad trip or anything, but damn, I can't really describe it. I just want to be a human being who experiences life and spends time with my family and that's about it. :wink:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineck10n3
Imagine
Male

Loc: Here, now.
Re: LSD [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6613582 - 02/26/07 06:01 PM (17 years, 25 days ago)

I haven't been here long, but I feel like I need to do my own thing rather than picking things up from anywhere else. It's been in the back of my head for about a month now.

--------------------
"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - The trip of a Life Time.

Indra's Net - There is an endless net of threads throughout the universe. The horizontal threads are in space. The vertical threads in time. At every crossing of threads there is an individual. And every individual is a crystal bead. The great light of absolute being illuminates and penetrates every crystal being, And every crystal being reflects not only the light from every other crystal in the net, But also every reflection of every reflection throughout the universe.

-cK

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#6613699 - 02/26/07 06:39 PM (17 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
I just tripped this weekend, two hits, one of which is two times as potent as the other (which itself is pretty strong). I'm not sure what to think about the experience. My consciousness essentially felt that there is nothing left to learn in this present state of existance, and I was faced once again with the moment in which I was about to die. The monkey in me simply wants to live the rest of my life with my girlfriend and to experience being with each other and then to die. The understanding I've been developing regarding the nature of reality really came to a point at which there was nothing conventional left to understand, to a point at which this consciousness would transcend this physical existance to go further.

It became difficult to hold on. I still want to be who I am and to live my life, and at this point I basically had to bring myself to forget things in order to continue living my life. I'm not sure if I'll involve myself with psychadelics again. I've come to terms with a lot of things through them and dissolved a lot of fear but I sense that there isn't anywhere else I can go without saying good-bye to life as I know it. :grin:

I'm probably going to be on this website less and less as I focus more on present aspects of my life. I don't really feel compelled to discuss matters that would keep me here for hours and hours, honing my ability to express myself and to develop ideas.

I honestly do not think it was a bad trip or anything, but damn, I can't really describe it. I just want to be a human being who experiences life and spends time with my family and that's about it. :wink:

Right, and so it goes - the pendulum swing between Existence and Being - 'The Ten Thousand Things' and the simplicity represented by Being All-One, Alone, monos - a monk. You have not integrated your last Experience and so you are probably conceptually confused about attachment-detachment. It is not necessary to choose family or monasticism, or, correspondingly, attachment or detachment, as separate ways of life. One needs to introduce detachment into attachment in just the right proportion (like Scotty mixing matter and anti-matter in the warp engines :smile:) so that we do not become too disengaged and 'cold,' but enough that we do not become hopelessly maudlin, dependent or 'hotly' addicted to our loved ones. The Bhagavad Gita expresses this secret one way, the Bible has its sayings about how to introduce Godly detachment into existence as well. The right admixture results in us becoming 'warm,' not 'cool.' I'd venture to say that this post manifests something of 'coolness' in its 'take leave' attitude (not a judgement as much as an assessment :wink:).

You went deeply into Being, and this is often the psychological result when one 'comes down' from the metaphorical, metaphysical mountain-top with his face aglow like Moses (whose face needed to be veiled for the benefit of others, in that famous bit of midrashic lore). You have seen a bit too much of The Absolute and you are still fairly removed from everyday existence with its mundanities - the silly little things like favorite TV shows and ironing one's clothes that provide the absurd satisfactions of life in 'The Matrix' of ordinary reality. 

Recommendation: Ground your high energy. You're going about in a 'high tension' state, but your feet are not quite touching the ground. Ground that heady energy to the Earth - let it run through you and out. It will not be wasted, it will 'magnetize' your entire being which will have a positive effect on you and those around you. Right now, you're just crackling with 'St. Elmo's Fire,' and you're hovering like the hovercrafts in The Matrix. You're also going to be 'shocking' to others in this state, or at least you're gonna cause others to 'bristle' with static electricity, to complete my use of this metaphor.

Listen to your big brother now, it will be good for you :wink: :heart:

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: LSD [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6613994 - 02/26/07 07:49 PM (17 years, 25 days ago)

there is tons more to learn in this monkey form, so an epiphany suggesting ypu have seen it all is distorting and not enhancing you or your family.
to tune into the limitless dharma (which means teavhing) you have to redevelop the student within, at every age.
and
btw
set and setting is not about filling oneself with love. are we bags?
it is about the ongoing nature of who you already are. whatever is happenning gets intensified.

i have seen fake love bags intensified, and it aint pretty.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#6614134 - 02/26/07 08:14 PM (17 years, 25 days ago)

It's odd how opposite certain people react to LSD. The first time I ever took acid was also my first real psychedelic experience, as I had taken only small doses of mushrooms before that which resulted in only very minor tracers and a weak body high. I didn't know what to expect from LSD, so I just took one hit and went into the woods, and fucking wow. It was terrifying at times, so much that while I was peaking I swore to myself never to take it again, just as you seem to be disinclined to go back to the LSD trip, yet as I take LSD now I see what I missed that first time. Being in the woods, I saw ticks and spiders crawling around me, and eventually I grew lost and fearful that I was dying due to the poisonous insects that I kept finding on my body. Eventually I found my way out and hallucinated voices and cops all over the place before finding my way home and finally just sitting down and contemplating what the hell had just happened.

Now, when I do LSD, I realize that it gives me what I perceive to be sensations of death. On high doses, I still often wonder if I'm going to die in this trip or not, and the most important lesson LSD has taught me regarding death is that you have to accept the present, even if your heart is stopping and your major organs are failing one by one. If anything, after doing LSD again after my first trip, I now vow to myself that I should go back into that experience at the end, because nothing else can come close to forcing me to be that aware and accept the present. I'm still not completely living in the present, but I feel a lot closer to it than before I ever did LSD.

I've done mushrooms dozens of times also, and mushrooms never came close to teaching me such powerful lessons, while for other friends LSD seems just a game and mushrooms will kick their ass. It must be related to our perception in some way.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates