Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
What makes you have a bad trip?
    #6600982 - 02/23/07 05:30 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

So what makes you freak out under the influence?

For me it would have to be the "over-symbolic" coincidences that make me feel like Truman and consequently put me in a psychotic state where everything becomes a conspiracy acting against my version of reality.

--------------------
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: What makes you have a bad trip? [Re: mikebart101]
    #6600986 - 02/23/07 05:35 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Believing in the existence of good or bad as concrete and exclusive entities is what causes bad trips. 

Don't think in terms of good/bad, and you'll *never* have a bad trip.  I never worry about bad trips.  They don't exist for me.  There is only 'the trip.' 

(Intense is different then "bad."  Intense is...intense.  :smile: )

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: What makes you have a bad trip? [Re: MOTH]
    #6600992 - 02/23/07 05:42 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Bad trips from shrooms

For me of cource.

1. 3 first trips with minor effects to near nothing.

Then kicked it up to 7 grams since 5 didnt do squat exept these 7 came frome a different dealer. To realistic wall crawling then bam converted to mind trip with no visuals and all about nausea then visuals came back and hella cameras took pics of me as i vomited. Def not a party drug expecily in high doses!

2. The oh I dont want that to happen again therfor I will make it happen again.

Normaly begining with the chills and liquidy feelings on come ups for me.

This then leads to vomiting folowed by 15 minutes of intense fun acutaly then leading with the most religious refreshed ending.

3. The everyone ells didnt trip but you are and only one tripping and cine they are cyans from the wild you start to think maybe you got the wrong ones.

4 getting the wrong ones. Yeap sucked vomited and diaread 24 hours later. 1 baby galerina I am a survivor.

Bad trip from salvia.

1. Forgeting you are on a drug. Then the trip becomes real life you try to rationalise what is happening, i ended up concludeing it was a dream and started yelling wake me up wake me up minutes later realiseing i was on a drug and then mind fucked x2.

2. reemember about that trip thus even when doseing on peaces still bad trip from the fear.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: What makes you have a bad trip? [Re: MOTH]
    #6600994 - 02/23/07 05:42 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

You are correct. I really don't have bad trips; instead they are just intense as hell.

--------------------
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

OfflineCrimson_Nub
Placebo
Male

Loc: Australia
    #6601200 - 02/23/07 08:22 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Fear of messing up my head:crazy2:

--------------------
"There can be only one!"....but it lacks the inherent existence of itself.

OfflineSapphireCat
Seeker
Male

Loc: Ireland
Re: What makes you have a bad trip? [Re: Crimson_Nub]
    #6601208 - 02/23/07 08:26 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i view the whole thing like moth, and try to make people i introduce to shrooms think about it the same way.

so far i havent had anyone have a bad trip, just some difficult parts in a trip where they came to realizations about themselves that they'Ve been blocking off from themselves.

--------------------
Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on Simplicity ~Plato

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
    #6601229 - 02/23/07 08:40 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mikebart101 said:
So what makes you freak out under the influence?

For me it would have to be the "over-symbolic" coincidences that make me feel like Truman and consequently put me in a psychotic state where everything becomes a conspiracy acting against my version of reality.

Im pretty much right-on with you on this. It really happens more on shrooms than anything, but sometimes my brain will just start to wire together conspiracies against me. Then I think everything has an underlying meaning, and if I am with others misunderstanding ensues and things can tent to spiral out of control from there.

Nothign like sitting around a campfire, everyone tripping nuts, everyone paranoid the others are conspiring against them and every word said misunderstood.. At the time, its hell, but later on in the night when you are laughing about it and reminising, it is purely hillarious.

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
    #6601332 - 02/23/07 09:25 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

What makes me have a bad trip?

Worrying that i will have a bad trip!
Serious.. I can do everything regarding set + setting, but it's just that slight anxious nervous feeling that a bad trip is possible and right around the corner.

But Im experienced enough to hold my shit together.

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: What makes you have a bad trip? [Re: dedjam]
    #6601333 - 02/23/07 09:26 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I think anxiety probably plays the biggest role, with possible counter-interactions with anxiety-related chemicas in your body such as adrenaline.

A lot of people get that "back to the core" feeling on trips... in other words, they can distinguish parts of their normal psyche they might otherwise ignore as they function within their brains, thanks to hypersensitivity. We know that anxiety's main functions originally served to keep us a) from starving and b) from falling prey, so if you think about it in those terms, if you start feeling anxious, you might have this subconscious tick in the back of your mind that maybe you're about to die, and you should "do something" about it. What do you do though besides sit their confused, unless you can learn to recognize and understand how anxiety works in your body.

Add the fact that on higher doses, ego loss really makes you feel like you're going to die, and you've got a one-two combo.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offlinefromthemoon
ESP Major

Re: What makes you have a bad trip? [Re: kake]
    #6601588 - 02/23/07 10:57 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I agree that there are no bad trips, but there are trips I would not like to take ever again. If one learns from a bad trip, then it's not really a bad trip. However, some trips can be very scary and/or painful.

I agree that anxiety, panic, and related chemicals play the biggest role.

I've had very intense trips.

1) After the first hour, I had intense chest pain, decided it was lung cancer. Later I decided it was an alien "face hugger" (from the Alien movies) clamped to my chest. Later I started hearing other voices what were demonic in nature. Even later I decided I already died and was in hell. I had to wait 3 hour for the peak to start to break, praying to God the entire time. I figured if I was really dead, this would not end, but if it was the shrooms, it would stop after a few hours. That was the longest 3 hours of my life.

2) I've had panic attacks in the middle of trips. Sudden dizzyness, feeling faint, then followed with a feeling of death or dying.

3) Once I took LSD (actually many times). I waited one hour after eating it and did not feel a thing. 3 more hours passed and I still felt nothing and was sure it was bunk acid. 4 hours after eating the acid, I blacked out for about 2 hours. When I woke-up, I found myself in another paralell dimension surounded by Grey aliens. I spent one hour being abducted/experimented on by aliens and it ended very suddenly and after, I still did not feel the acid. That trip was well beyond intense and frankly, I'm sure the entities I saw that night were REAL.

--------------------
Look at the atoms in the air and allow your mind to see the other planes that coexists in the same physical space where you sit. There are vibrational strings in each and every atom containing infinite realities, universes, and dimensions. Multidimensional beings and entities are RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!!! Only gravity and mental energy can pass through these different atomic branes and mushrooms can break the mental/spiritual membranes separating one reality from the other. TAKE A LOOK!

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Rewind
    #6601682 - 02/23/07 11:17 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Tripping frequently usually ends in a bad trip for me. Frequently as in every 3 or 4 days. Felt like my brain was fried

OfflinePolyrhythmanaut
BaphometicServitude
Male

Re: What makes you have a bad trip? [Re: fromthemoon]
    #6601812 - 02/23/07 11:51 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fromthemoon said:

1) After the first hour, I had intense chest pain, decided it was lung cancer. Later I decided it was an alien "face hugger" (from the Alien movies) clamped to my chest.  Later I started hearing other voices what were demonic in nature.  Even later I decided I already died and was in hell.  I had to wait 3 hour for the peak to start to break, praying to God the entire time.  I figured if I was really dead, this would not end, but if it was the shrooms, it would stop after a few hours.  That was the longest 3 hours of my life.

The only time i had a really painful (not bad) experience was when the voices in my head were summing up my failures in life. They were, as you experienced, "demonic" and very trust worthy at the time. Looking back at it now it seems similar to the accounts of psychosis. I feel very sympathetic for diagnosed Schizophrenics who can't shut those voices out. The only shred of comfort i had was the knowledge that it would pass when the chemicals were done metabolizing. Most importantly, I was responsible for inducing that experience by taking 5 grams in a bad set and setting.:smirk:

Edited by Polyrhythmanaut (02/23/07 11:54 AM)

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #6601857 - 02/23/07 12:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

The same two things that cause good trips - set and setting.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom