Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
Re: Do you consider yourself anti-gay? [Re: Spooge]
    #6603082 - 02/23/07 05:25 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

entityexperiment said:
Quote:

it has been shown to be no different then having a mother and a father.

So show?

this is really hard!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_parenting

The American Civil Liberties Union's report on parenting by same-sex couples contradicts the Family Research Council's conclusions, stating that the vast majority of peer-reviewed sociological studies indicate that children raised in same-sex households are "relatively normal."[2] When comparing such children to the children of opposite-sex parents there tends to be no difference "on measures of popularity, social adjustment, gender role behavior, gender identity, intelligence, self-concept, emotional problems, interest in marriage and parenting, locus of control, moral development, independence, ego functions, object relations, or self esteem."[3]

The American Psychological Association supports adoption and parenting by same-sex couples in its policy statement of July 28 and July 30, 2004.[4][5][6] The American Medical Association has issued a similar position supporting same-sex adoption, and calling for its members to fight to reduce health disparities for children of same-sex parents.[7]

Get your head out of your ass, just because people like the same (or even both!!!) gender doesn't mean shit, why would it affect their ability to raise a child?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
Re: Do you consider yourself anti-gay? [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #6603104 - 02/23/07 05:28 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Get your head out of your ass

:lol:  You need to chill.  I had a lot to say on the matter, but I simply wanted to keep this topic on the right track.  I hate it when people debate and say shit like "it's proven" but never provide actualy information.

I was simply keeping this a proper debate so go chew on some more dick :tongue:

Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

#6603129 - 02/23/07 05:32 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

^ just as soon as my bf gets home :blowjob:

--------------------

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
    #6603151 - 02/23/07 05:36 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LukeMWSki said:

That's your choice, i'm not gonna hate on you for it :tongue:

But I don't like you simply because you were so quick to get defensive and jump down someone's throat when I simply said "so show?".  It keeps things properly on track, when providing articles with such statements as yours and will limit the amount of times the opposition tries to do the same.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #6603160 - 02/23/07 05:37 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Lots in things in life are "unnatural". Driving cars, flying planes, genetic modification, test tube babies, yada yada. I don't think this computer is natural either.
But who gives a shit. People should quit breeding anyway.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Re: Do you consider yourself anti-gay? [Re: Sheepish]
    #6603175 - 02/23/07 05:39 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

But who gives a shit. People should quit breeding anyway.

I don't give a shit, but was asked my opinion on the subject.  :wink:  Yes I'm anti-gay, but doesn't mean I have hate on any.  I've hung out with people who are gay and people are people.

And that's one good thing, gay people can't breed anyway :tongue:

Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you consider yourself anti-gay? [Re: Spooge] * 1
    #6603200 - 02/23/07 05:45 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

entityexperiment said:
Quote:

LukeMWSki said:

That's your choice, i'm not gonna hate on you for it :tongue:

But I don't like you simply because you were so quick to get defensive and jump down someone's throat when I simply said "so show?".  It keeps things properly on track, when providing articles with such statements as yours and will limit the amount of times the opposition tries to do the same.

Right on, but i am just wondering why would I need to show it? What exactly about being gay impacts a couples ability to raise a child? Like I said the only thing I could think of is others not accepting it.

btw just said get your head out of your ass, not exactly jumping down your throat.

--------------------

Invisibleshroomhead0069
HIGH rankinghashmason

Loc: the lot
Re: Do you consider yourself anti-gay? [Re: Asante]
    #6603255 - 02/23/07 05:55 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

fuck homeownerz

--------------------
where my drugs at, poach monkey

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #6603334 - 02/23/07 06:16 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

entityexperiment said:

Everyone makes their own choices and just because I don't agree doesn't mean I have to hate on them. I make choices in my life that other people wouldn't agree with either and I don't like being hated on for it.

Hahahah you seriously think people choose to be gay?

Come on now.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
    #6603448 - 02/23/07 06:49 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

it has been shown to be no different then having a mother and a father.

When you make such a statement as this in a topic such as this, which is turning into a debate type topic btw, you can't just say it without at least SOMETHING to validate your claim.

Like I said this will also deter people on the opposition from doing the same thing(ex. "It has been shown that a child to a gay couple has a 90% chance of being gay compared to a 10% chance with a straight couple". Total bullshit, but if someone said that, they better have something to validate it).

I just simply wanted you to keep things flowing smoothly. Way to many people throw shit out there with words like "it's proven, it's shown, yada yada yada".

And I said:

Quote:

you were so quick to get defensive and jump down someone's throat

When I said, "so show?". You told me to get my head out of my ass and it was clearly put across as defensive as if I was disagreeing with you and I was debating you. So ok, maybe not full out "down my throat" type shit, but you clearly were defensive. I didn't make any remark towards disagreeing with you, or any opinions, all I said was to simply show some validation of such claims. I knew it was true and if you hadn't posted some sort of validation, I would have.

Whiskey:

Quote:

Hahahah you seriously think people choose to be gay?

Ok, remember this is just personal opinion. Maybe that was a strong word. I think personally that people are molded/conditioned/created to be gay. That's the simpilist way to put it and I by no means mean to offensive when saying that. All I'm saying is personally, in my heart, I know people aren't BORN gay.

But that was a strong word, you are right. They don't exactly choose to be gay. But they defeinetely aren't born with it in my opinion.

I didn't come in here to debate homesexuality" though. I was simply saying that yes I'm anti-gay, as in I don't believe in it. But I really have no hate. I've had friends who are gay. Like I said people are people.

The people that piss me off are the full out haters...like kkk against gay people or visa versa.

OfflineLife_of_a_Cell
Male
    #6603581 - 02/23/07 07:27 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

entityexperiment said:

... I don't care what anyone says to me, it's not natural and it's not right. I PERSONALLY feel it's a by-product condition of our fucked up society. No one could ever convince me a person is born gay.

I am confused by this statement, as homosexuality is quite natural when one considerst that it is widely observed in the animal kingdom.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~phyl/weektwelve.html

This link explores the survival value that homosexuality confers to a community when it is threatened with overpopulation.

www.androphile.org/preview/Library/Articles/Werner/Werner20.24.htm

Gives examples of non-human primates gayin' it up.

www.utexas.edu/courses/bio301d/Topics/Gay/Text.html

This last one is relevant both to your claims that it is unnatural and not inborn. Homosexuality in humans occurs at a fixed rate in populations, and is in part genetically determined.

Now one is trying to deprive you of the right to dislike that which is different than you, but your stated reasons for dislike are clearly false and worthy of be demonstrated as such.

Invisibleshroomhead0069
HIGH rankinghashmason

Re: Do you consider yourself anti-gay? [Re: Life_of_a_Cell]
    #6603583 - 02/23/07 07:28 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

home ownerz

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Do you consider yourself anti-gay? [Re: Asante]
    #6603698 - 02/23/07 07:48 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

In High School, one of my best friends came out of the closet. I was one of the few people in my circle of friends who didn't mind seeing him kiss other guys. Later on, this caused me to question my own sexuality, and I went through a bicurious phase for a while. I came to realize I wasn't as into it as I thought I might be, but I don't regret it. I have no problem whatsoever with gay people, and even find gay culture to be quite interesting.

--------------------

Offlineimpgl
CrimethINCspecial agent
 User Gallery
Loc: california!
Re: Do you consider yourself anti-gay? [Re: shroomhead0069]
    #6603704 - 02/23/07 07:48 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i experiment with my sexualtiy and i live in san francisco :smile2:

--------------------
omg really?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Do you consider yourself anti-gay? [Re: impgl]
    #6603715 - 02/23/07 07:50 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

People who experiment with their sexuality REALLY REALLY arouse me.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Re: Do you consider yourself anti-gay? [Re: Life_of_a_Cell]
    #6603731 - 02/23/07 07:54 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Now one is trying to deprive you of the right to dislike that which is different than you, but your stated reasons for dislike are clearly false and worthy of be demonstrated as such.

My stated reasons are just what I feel, whether it's right or wrong seems irrelevant.  There are tons of articles arguing either side so I'm not "CLEARLY false".  I'm not alone in the fact I think people aren't born gay.  So the many of us are CLEARLY false?  nah, I don't think so.  I think it's hard to say.  I can never know for sure.  But it's purely opinion.  From all the articles I've read, including such articles as you posted, nothing proves to me a person is born gay.

That's neither here nor there though, I've been in "gay debates" before on this site and I came in here simply to say "yes, I'm anti-gay, but I don't hate on gay people".

http://www.family.org/lifechallenges/A000000348.cfm

"Can someone be born a homosexual? In 1993, a respected research journal, Science, published a study by Dean Hamer that ignited an explosive “born gay” myth. Hamer basically claimed that science was “on the verge of proving that homosexuality is innate, genetic and therefore unchangeable—a normal variant of human nature.”9

The media went ballistic. National Public Radio, Newsweek, The Wall Street Journal and several other news publications and programs heralded stories that suggested scientists have discovered a “gay gene.” Of course, in the fine print, reporters qualified statements about this possible discovery because, in reality, there was no actual discovery—but they did so in such a confusing manner! The public was beginning to be persuaded.

Why is it so important for some homosexual activists to prove this issue? Maybe the biggest possible reason is this: If the world was convinced that some people are indeed born gay, then some would feel there is a need to protect homosexuals by the government as a designated minority class status, such as African- or Native-Americans. Slowly but surely, it seems the government is embracing this view and granting special rights to the homosexual community for what is a behaviorally based identity rather than a true genetic one"

"The scientific attempts to demonstrate that homosexual attraction is biologically determined have failed. For example, a study conducted in 1991 by psychologist Michael Bailey and psychiatrist Richard Pillard, attempted to show that homosexuality occurs more frequently among identical twins than fraternal twins. However, this study actually provides support for environmental factors versus genetics! If homosexuality were in the genetic code, then both of the twins would have been homosexual 100 percent of the time, yet this was not the case.10

The well-known Simon LeVay brain study of 1991, which tried to find differences in the hypothalamuses (a very small part of the brain) of homosexual and heterosexual men, found no evidence that there is any genetic cause for homosexuality. Nothing in the study showed that gay men are born that way.11 Other prominent researchers have concluded that there is no evidence to support a biological theory, but rather that homosexuality could be best explained by an alternative model where “temperamental and personality traits interact with the familial and social milieu as the individual’s sexuality emerges.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality#Biology

"Several recent studies, including pioneering work by neuroscientist Simon LeVay, demonstrate that there are notable differences between the physiology of a heterosexual male and a homosexual male. These differences are primarily noted in the brain, inner ear and olfactory sense. LeVay discovered in his double-blind experiment that the average size of the INAH-3 in the brains of homosexual men was significantly smaller than the average size in heterosexual male brains.[7] Some people have interpreted this as showing that some people are born homosexual; however, in LeVay's own words:

'It's important to stress what I didn't find. I did not prove that homosexuality was genetic, or find a genetic cause for being gay. I didn't show that gay men are born that way, the most common mistake people make in interpreting my work. Nor did I locate a gay center in the brain. INAH-3 is less likely to be the sole gay nucleus of the brain than a part of a chain of nuclei engaged in men and women's sexual behavior...Since I looked at adult brains we don't know if the differences I found were there at birth, or if they appeared later'"

http://www.equip.org/free/DH055-1.htm

"The most recent research suggesting that homosexuality may be caused by biological factors came out in 1991 with the publication of some preliminary findings of Dr. Simon LeVay, a neuroscientist at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies in San Diego. His research consisted of studying the brains of 41 cadavers, including 19 homosexual males. He found that "a tiny area believed to control sexual activity [the hypothalamus] was less than half the size in the gay men than in the heterosexuals."22

This study was seized upon by many as "irrefutable evidence" that homosexuals are born gay, something the homosexual community has been proclaiming for many years. However, "instead of resolving the debate," a Newsweek article suggests, "the studies may well have intensified it. Some scientists profess not to be surprised at all by LeVay's finding of brain differences. 'Of course it [sexual orientation] is in the brain,' says Johns Hopkins University psychologist John Money, sometimes called the dean of American sexologists. 'The real question is, when did it get there? Was it prenatal, neonatal, during childhood, puberty? That we do not know.'"23

Other problems with his findings include: (1) all 19 of the homosexual men had died of AIDS, something that many researchers believe could very well account for or contribute to the differences; (2) there was no way to know the sexual history of the "heterosexual" men; (3) there is no way to determine if the smaller hypothalamuses were the cause or the result of homosexuality; and (4) Dr. LeVay, a homosexual himself, admitted that his study was not entirely a dispassionate scientific endeavor."

I'm not saying I proved anything, but I'm just making a point...I'm not "clearly false" of anything.

It's just an opinion bud and no harm was meant by it.

I'm not here to debate, I've done that one to many times in the past and no matter who has what to say, in the end, everyone runs around in circles.

The point is, even though I don't believe in it, I don't have a problem with it either.  Someone could say I was "born" with a predisposition to drink like a fish like everyone else in my family....a "drunk gene" if you will :wink:  Some studies say they "prove" well others say the opposite.  I think it's bullshit myself.  But getting back to the point, I know there's many people who don't agree with a lifestyle I live and hating on me is not appreciated.

OfflineGreenScreen
bidibodi bidibu
 User Gallery

Loc: ation
    #6603767 - 02/23/07 08:05 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I agree. I don't see how someone can be born gay unless there is some chemical difference in them. I do however, believe that the early stages of their life have a big impact on it.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Do you consider yourself anti-gay? [Re: GreenScreen]
    #6603868 - 02/23/07 08:34 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I think it's more complex than being born with it vs. being a choice or a result of environmental influences. I think it's probably some combination of the three. I think some people are born with a stronger predisposition towards it than others. People with this disposition may be more prone to environmental influences than others. I will say that if no one is born gay, then we must also say that no one is born straight.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #6603909 - 02/23/07 08:46 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, here is my short reply to your super-long post:

I have a sneezing fetish.  I've had it ever since I was like, 2.  Very, very young.  I remember my dad telling me stories about some sneezy elephant as a young kid (below 4) and getting AROUSED by it. 

So WTF?  I've tried to "get rid of it" but nothing helps.  I hear a good sneeze (the type that I'm attracted to, because there are different types), and I get aroused.  As in, my pussy is wet and I am ready to bang. 

So again...WTF is your explanation?  It HAS to be genetic.  I didn't CHOOSE this man.  Why the fuck would I choose this?  It just happens.  I hear/see it, and it happens.  I get aroused. 

Maybe you need to open your mind a little.  I have no reason to be aroused by sneezing, yet it happens, and it's happened my ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE.  Therefore, it is not hard for me to believe AT ALL that some individuals feel more aroused by the same sex then the opposite sex.  I have felt this also.  For instance, I often fantasize about women's breasts to bring myself to climax while masturbating, but visualizing penis's do almost nothing for me. 

So there it is:  My subjective experience in the FUCKING FACE of your subjective experience.  I admit that other people's subjective experience may be completely different then mine, but you don't seem to believe in subjective life experience. 
Quote:

The point is, even though I don't believe in it, I don't have a problem with it either.

Okay, you don't have a problem with it.  Great.  :wink: Just passing my totally individual, and unique subjective experience along.

Invisibleshroomhead0069
HIGH rankinghashmason

Re: Do you consider yourself anti-gay? [Re: MOTH]
    #6603912 - 02/23/07 08:47 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

and here is my short reply:

home owners

if you cant get that
you have no hope in theze timez

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order