Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Tripping Tomorrow (Just Dosed)
    #6599644 - 02/22/07 09:24 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

Well, it has been a few months since I've tripped, even though I've been holding onto acid for awhile. I didn't even trip on my ten-day vacation a month ago even though I wanted to (not sure what happened with that).

Anyways, I've always tripped late at night, but tomorrow I'm planning on waking up after a full night's sleep and then dosing. Hopefully my girlfriend will trip with me as well. I already took care of all of the errands that I needed to take care of this weekend today (I had today and tomorrow off, requested vacation for my girlfriend's birthday :grin:).

I'm looking forward to the experience. I feel that I am in a good space mentally, and am looking forward to what might come of this. At the same time, though, I'm starting to think that I might need to develop some sort of practice or something beforehand to sort of guide my trip.

Often, I don't have any activity to engage in and I end up working with subconscious mind issues that come to the surface. My house is in the middle of a small city and some of that background noise/paranoia of getting busted is largely responsible. I've felt restrained before because I just wanted to go outside and chill with trees or something but its just not going to happen, in the middle of this stupid neighborhood and all.

Anyways, I have a bass guitar and a synth, some pets, a loving girlfriend, great musikk, and access to this website, so that should be enough to keep me busy for awhile. I know I'll get to the point that I end up laying down or sitting somewhere. I'm just wondering if I should come up with a plan for mediation or something to keep me directed and guided. :shrug:

My last few trips have been level 4 - fast approaching level 5 and I have the sense that I will go further. The "fractal-type" visuals on acid, like Tool artwork and everything, really give me the sense that I'm about to breakthrough or something. I have no sense of where I could go from here as far as understanding and state of mind are concerned, so that mystery certainly adds another sense to what may come. :grin:

For a large part I've already faced my own death on acid and resolved a lot of the fear that stems from the prospect of death. In sober life I am often conscious of the fleeting nature of this moment and my imminent death, and I really enjoy it, as it serves to bring more awareness into the present experience. I frequently get to this point while tripping or really stoned where I feel that I have accepted/come to terms with everything, and that I feel that I'm about to pass on and there is nothing left to be accomplished. Very peaceful and fufilling. Then I start to feel like I'm going to sleep/dissolving and then that makes my mind start to say "whoa, hold on a minute, I still want to live". :lol:

I think that the next time this happens, I'm going to put these final objections to rest and just go with it. It really feels like I am dying, about to merge with ultimate reality or however you wish to describe it. I imagine that I will eventually wake up feeling refreshed and reborn, but the sense that I could never know what will happen likely brings my mind's objections up again.

Anyone familiar with this type of thing? Thoughts/advice? :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Edited by fireworks_god (02/24/07 06:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehightimesreader
Half assed question asker
 User Gallery

Loc: In the air conditioning
Re: Tripping Tomorrow [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6599669 - 02/22/07 09:31 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

Man, you got some trippy shit.. wanna send some up to the NE? Prefably to one of the twin states :laugh:

-HTR

--------------------
I'm hunting for The Following ethnos.
For experiments, hunting finds and any other contributions, check out My journal.
HTR

A new leaf turned over.. I'm too old for this shit.
:commonsense:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Tripping Tomorrow [Re: hightimesreader]
    #6599760 - 02/22/07 09:52 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

Unfortunately I don't have enough to start sending some to people on here, or else I would (a very generous member here is how I came about 'cid, after all :thumbup:). If I ever came into a sheet then perhaps I would.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #6599841 - 02/22/07 10:18 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

Sounds like you're ready for the next level, hehe :smile:
If you're looking for some type of meditation exercise, this one is pretty good.  It comes from the book OoBE by Rick Stack.

Select some areas from the following list (or any other specific area that you want to work on.) For each area, follow the six steps. Work on one area at a time.

Yourself, Your children, Work, Health, Relationships, Your intuition, Sex, Aging,  Money,  Power, teh Shroomery, lol.

1. Write a few paragraphs (or pages) describing the full range of your thoughts, feelings, and beliefs in the area you have selected.

2. Examine what you have written. Try to crystallize your beliefs into one or two simple, concise statements.

3. Using your intuitions and intellect, decide which beliefs are limiting or no longer serving you.

4. For any beliefs that you think are limiting you, formulate and write out a new belief that is more expansive and positive. It may well be the opposite of your previous limiting belief.

5. Crystallize your new beliefs into simple, concise statements or affirmations. Utilize the present tense as if the new belief were already true.

6. Devote a few minutes a day to reprogramming yourself through self-hypnosis.

Simply quiet your mind and repeat your affirmation statements to yourself. Say them with feeling. For those few minutes, allow yourself to believe that they are true. Imagine that you have already achieved whatever it is that you want.

Here are my examples regarding Astral Projection:

Leaving my body cannot bring danger, it will bring much happiness.
My mental image will bring me back to my body, or wherever I want to go.
If I face my fears they will go away.
I have the ability to do this.
Practice and Repetiton are the only requirements.

Then I made some flashcards with stick people doing things that corresponded to my new beliefs.  Might be a fun thing to do to keep your mind occupied.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Tripping Tomorrow [Re: schmutzen]
    #6600025 - 02/22/07 11:02 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

Thanks for the input. I'm not certain that the exercise you outlined, with the steps and all, is something that would really benefit me. Not to be modest, but I feel that I'm quite conscious and aware of the nature of myself and this experience. :grin:

I'm probably interested in fine-honing a Zen kind of thing, for lack of a better way of expressing it. I think I just need to bring more conscious intention into it. My past work with mental obstructions that complicate the experience and make it more difficult to enjoy being so perceptive and conscious will likely provide for a more transcendent, less obstructed experience this time around. Jamming on the bass guitar would get me started, I think. :thumbup:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinetoday mylove
Male User Gallery

#6600228 - 02/22/07 11:41 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

You seem like you know what you have to do. See you on the other side :thumbup:

OfflineCrimson_Nub
Placebo
Male

Loc: Australia
    #6600595 - 02/23/07 01:30 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
In sober life I am often conscious of the fleeting nature of this moment and my imminent death, and I really enjoy it, as it serves to bring more awareness into the present experience.

Seems like the meaning of life to me mate, nice wording:thumbup:

The whole ego loss thing seems to have been a step along the path for me. I now think it's something you have to be ready for as to some degree it does happen but it isn't necessarily the main objective.

In a way I see it as though originally I was human. The human part of me became a poor synthesis of human and "lsd upgraded human" after my first exposure to lsd. After giving up by old ego I was able to effectively synthesize "human" with "lsd upgraded human" whereupon it became essential to generate an ego of "a fully functioning lsd upgraded human". It's like being a new species, the old you is gone but it doesn't seem to happen overnight either. It's a gradual process of letting go of redundant self identities and embracing the new improved ones. Much like any other spiritual path. We are fortunate in that we can become something which in all the thousands of years of humanity has never been on offer before.

--------------------
"There can be only one!"....but it lacks the inherent existence of itself.

OfflineVarman
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tripping Tomorrow [Re: Crimson_Nub]
    #6600924 - 02/23/07 04:45 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

I love Jeeves and Wooster... good vibes for you:thumbup:

--------------------

"Its A circular vortex..."

OfflineUndercoverCop
Stranger

Re: Tripping Tomorrow [Re: Varman]
    #6600938 - 02/23/07 04:54 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Dude, I'm tripping tomorw as well. This will be my first time though. :smile:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #6600996 - 02/23/07 05:45 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Have a wonderful time...I love acid.  :heart:
Quote:

I'm going to put these final objections to rest and just go with it.

Definately.  Go far far far....  (then some.  :wink: ) Throw yourself in and watch youself burn.  :grin:

For me, whenever my mind starts to object about something while tripping, that is a clue that I should do the opposite of what it is recommending.  So if your brain is urging you to "keep it together..." well, let it allll fly loose, baby.  :smile:

Some pens/paper for journaling could be needed. 

Day tripping on acid is so much fucking fun.  Alone or with your girl, please have a safe journey.  :heart:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Tripping Tomorrow [Re: MOTH]
    #6602558 - 02/23/07 03:20 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Thank you for your comments and good vibes, everyone! :thumbup:

I ended up staying up until 4 am yesterday and woke up at noon. :grin: I may not feel the most refreshed as far as sleep goes but its all systems go at this point. My girlfriend is going to finish watching her movie and I'm going to tidy up a bit around the house, and then we are going to dose. Its nice and cool outside (quite the improvement over freezing cold :wink:) and is sort of windy, and it looks like it might get stormy, which means its perfect weather for me. :grin:

Our three ferrets are running around the living room, and we're planning on relaxing, playing some musical instruments, drawing, listening to tunes, watching a movie, whatever feels good. :cool:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6602895 - 02/23/07 04:39 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Well we are going to get a nap in first because we are both really tired. She doesn't work until Sunday night and I don't work until Monday morning so there is still plenty of time. We'll just sleep until we feel like waking up. I'd actually like to dose around 4 am in the morning, that'd be sweet, but if we wake up earlier that's cool too. :grin:

I just wish I had some secluded nature scenery to immerse myself in. I guess we *could* take off and find some place but its just not quite camping season yet and we're not really set up to go and do that.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#6602916 - 02/23/07 04:45 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Maybe you could find "mini-natures."  Like, I was indoors during my next to last acid trip, and my friend pulled out a PLANT BULB.  It TOTALLY tripped me out in a HUGE WAY, to see this BULB, full of life, yet waiting for the catalyst of soil/water to grow.  I thought all of the essence of nature was embodied in this one bulb I cupped in my hands. 

A trip to Home Depot or a plant nursery could yield some cool natural treasures to trip out on. 

Just having a plant or a pet around could help provide a satisfying "nature" aspect of your trip. 

I did a lot of acid in the past six months (went through a sheet during this time) so I LOOVVE hearing about acid trips.  Lucky fireworks.  :wink: :heart:

Enjoy...  :grin:  Let us know how it went!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6602928 - 02/23/07 04:50 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Damn, a whole sheet? :grin:

I'm definitely looking forward to spending some time with the animals. We have a Norwegian Elkhound who is just this big cuddly teddy bear, so full of love. We now have three ferrets, a cute little cat, a big fat rabbit, and two cockatiels that hatched at my parent's house. I'm looking forward to walking through the neighborhood early this morning, so at least I'll get some exposure to the trees and the atmosphere, even if it is not the most pristine in this city. I do have a couple of snake plants in the house too which are really cool, and a 55 gallon aquarium, which just has a pleco in it at the moment. :wink:

I'm really looking forward to this trip, it really feels like it will be a great one. :thumbup: I'll keep ya'll posted as developments come in. :smirk:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#6602969 - 02/23/07 05:01 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Damn, a whole sheet? :grin:

Total overindulgence.  :wink:  The only thing I regret is not taking even more then I did.  :tongue2:  Although I feel like acid still keeps working inside of you even after you take it. 

:heart:  Have fun and thanks for keeping us posted.  :grin: (brain candy )

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #6602999 - 02/23/07 05:09 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

:sun:

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Tripping Tomorrow [Re: demiu5]
    #6604868 - 02/24/07 06:12 AM (17 years, 27 days ago)

We've both just dosed. We took two hits each, one each of these mandalas, and one each of these fractals, which seem to be about two times as potent as the mandalas. :mushroom2:

The sun hasn't risen yet and it is drizzling or sprinkling outside, nice and cool but not too cold. Good breeze as well. Going to take the dog outside for a walk!

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineItsaMeMario
Stranger
    #6604885 - 02/24/07 06:27 AM (17 years, 27 days ago)

you guys are so gay. as in happy...

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#6605354 - 02/24/07 11:38 AM (17 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
We've both just dosed. We took two hits each, one each of these mandalas, and one each of these fractals, which seem to be about two times as potent as the mandalas. :mushroom2:

The sun hasn't risen yet and it is drizzling or sprinkling outside, nice and cool but not too cold. Good breeze as well. Going to take the dog outside for a walk!

**sends rainbow vibes** :smile:  :heart:  I'm sure you're enjoying yourself.  :thumbup:

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #6609514 - 02/25/07 05:29 PM (17 years, 26 days ago)

Here's some more rainbow vibes

:rainbowcloud:

So how did it go Fireworks?  Did you slip away this time?

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order