Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

Fruiting Chambers and Humidifiers
    #6596469 - 02/22/07 05:56 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

So I don't have much room in my place for anything as fancy as a greenhouse setup (which I would totally do otherwise). Even if I made room it would be very blatantly seen by anyone who enters the doorway. This being said I have been considering different types of fruiting chambers. I actually have a series of questions here.

In a monotub setup is there any type of humidifier that would be practical and good for this application?

If so would a humidifier be adequate in allowing air exchange in a monotub setup?

Are there any humidifiers that come with hoses attached? I saw the Tropic Aire Humidifier mentioned on the forums a couple times, mostly by people saying they got them in cheap grow kits so I'm not too sure about them.

If one were to make small casings (1/2 pint - pint sized) in say something as small as a 2 litre bottle, CD sleeve, lemonade pitcher (just a size example), would it be practical to cut holes and stuff with polyfill in monotub fashion? I like the idea of having the polyfill covered holes near substrate level. I'd cover them before the initial pinning since I've heard they like having CO2 then and then uncover for fruiting. Maybe smaller holes than traditional large monotub setups would be good?

Thanks for looking at all my newbie questions.

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSpekOner
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: not here
Re: Fruiting Chambers and Humidifiers [Re: PoC]
    #6596540 - 02/22/07 07:48 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

humidity is supplied by the evaporation of the casing layer.

while the lid is on, water will evaporate onto the walls... just spray the walls with water when u begin...

and also, they dont like CO2, they like oxygen.... they produce CO2

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

Re: Fruiting Chambers and Humidifiers [Re: SpekOner]
    #6597390 - 02/22/07 03:49 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think you got my questions. I know about spraying but was asking about humidifiers as in cool mists, etc. Also I'm pretty positive that they like having the CO2 during the spawn run and the displacement of the CO2 is among one of the signs for them to fruit. Anyone else answer my questions?

--------------------

InvisiblePremedman1
Assistant to the insistent
 User Gallery

Loc: South of Sanity
Trusted Cultivator
    #6597403 - 02/22/07 03:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Monotubs produce their own humidity. Some holes cut in the sides of the tub stuffed with polyfill in a room with a ceiling/oscillating fan takes care of FAE. Light is your only other concern.

--------------------
Build a man a fire, he is warm for the night. Set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

Re: Fruiting Chambers and Humidifiers [Re: Premedman1]
    #6597454 - 02/22/07 04:06 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Guess that's true for FAE...how does a monotub produce its own humidity though? Just recycling of the moisture in your spawn? Does the humidity not escape the polyfill or something?

--------------------

InvisiblePremedman1
Assistant to the insistent
 User Gallery

Loc: South of Sanity
Trusted Cultivator
    #6597490 - 02/22/07 04:17 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PatternOfChaos said:
Guess that's true for FAE...how does a monotub produce its own humidity though? Just recycling of the moisture in your spawn? Does the humidity not escape the polyfill or something?

Evaporation of water from your substrate creates humidity. Yes, a little moisture will pass through the polyfill, but regardless, a properly hydrated substrate will contain plenty of water for a good first flush. Dunking the substrate after your harvest replenishes this lost water, and the process repeats.

--------------------
Build a man a fire, he is warm for the night. Set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation