Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefrizzlefry420
Stranger
so im kinda confused bout the recreational use of salvia
    #6595641 - 02/21/07 09:10 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

sorry i know theres a million posts about salvia but cant quite find what im lookin for. do some people enjoy it and do it on a regular basis like other psychedelics? and why have i seen people say they hate it, too uncomfortable or intense or what?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: so im kinda confused bout the recreational use of salvia [Re: frizzlefry420]
    #6595659 - 02/21/07 09:13 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

"so im kinda confused bout the recreational use of salvia "

thats because it's not a recreational drug.  glad I could clear that up for you.  :smile:

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: so im kinda confused bout the recreational use of salvia [Re: frizzlefry420]
    #6596028 - 02/21/07 10:56 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

well it depends how you define recreational.... i know some ppl here on the shroomery smoke it on a regular basis... others try it once and feel no effects and think its a waste of time... then there are others who smoke it once, have one of the most bizarre experiences of their life and vow to never touch it again.... and still there are people like me who will smoke it once in a while, leave it alone for a little bit and then smoke again after some time...

it all depends on YOU, isn't that fabulous?

OfflineEpigallo
Stranger
Re: so im kinda confused bout the recreational use of salvia *DELETED* [Re: chodamunky]
    #6596065 - 02/21/07 11:07 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Epigallo

Reason for deletion: Sorry.

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: boco
Re: so im kinda confused bout the recreational use of salvia [Re: Epigallo]
    #6596083 - 02/21/07 11:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Fuck salvia.

Stick with mescaline. :smile: :mushroom2: :thumbup:

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: so im kinda confused bout the recreational use of salvia [Re: vigilant_mind]
    #6596089 - 02/21/07 11:13 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

vigilant_mind said:
Fuck salvia.

Stick with mescaline. :smile: :mushroom2: :thumbup:

The two drugs can't be compared and each has it's place.

I love mescaline but salvia is awesome too.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #6596313 - 02/22/07 01:12 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

frizzlefry420 said:
sorry i know theres a million posts about salvia but cant quite find what im lookin for. do some people enjoy it and do it on a regular basis like other psychedelics? and why have i seen people say they hate it, too uncomfortable or intense or what?

Some people enjoy it and go there often. Salvia is like a funhouse mirror IME, she will show me what's inside of myself. Some people are not yet ready to look, others do too much, too fast (too high of a dose without working up). It can be uncomfortable, especially in an undesirable setting and it's almost always intense. Being able to submit to the experience and one's purpose for going there in the first place will make a large difference in the effects IMO.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Edited by schmutzen (02/22/07 01:17 AM)

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: so im kinda confused bout the recreational use of salvia [Re: schmutzen]
    #6599797 - 02/22/07 10:02 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i love it, everyone else i know that has tried it loves it too. its definitely not something you want to do in the middle of a party bu rather in some woods with a fire maybe(just don't throw yourself into the flames. i find it amazingly calming even though its amazingly strong too. my brother gets this feeling of being pushed and pulled and twisted by the music. a friend of mine sees everyone like a robot and gets "triangle legs"(WTF!). i can't even hear the music nor can i see this world, i'm just gone. and it is beautiful. i definitely recommend it.

InvisibleSlashOZ
:D
Male

Loc: Following the water cycle
Re: so im kinda confused bout the recreational use of salvia [Re: maggotz]
    #6600147 - 02/22/07 11:24 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

salvia is a little different from your "normal" psychedelic drug. a breakthrough can be easily the most intense experience you've ever had and if you aren't prepared mentally can be quite strange. I don't think it is as recreational as marijuana or even mushrooms. i would recomend it only if you really want to trip balls like you never have before for about 5 minutes. however it is a totally harmless drug that can lead to great personal insight or intuitive thoughts about the world. it is truely a magical drug that if you can breakthrough on you won't be disappointed in the slightest.

--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#6600914 - 02/23/07 04:37 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

when I come home from work
I will have a small amount of alcohol to defray the nerves from driving, not salvia; but before I go to work while relaxing in the tub i love salvia, or while lying down in bed but not sleeping at night time.

these are times I am not tense, and I am not doing anything

salvia is closer to dreams than to recreation, and it is not beefy (down) like alcohol, nor springy (up) like meth.

salvia is brief, but otherworldly so you can wedge it in to your life but you can't heap it on like cannibis, not just anytime.

while otherworldly, it is so brief lasting that you can't use it for concert mind dilation or party modulation like mushrooms or acid.

in short it is brief, perssonal, intense, rewarding but demanding.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: so im kinda confused bout the recreational use of salvia [Re: vigilant_mind]
    #6601051 - 02/23/07 06:25 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

vigilant_mind said:
Fuck salvia.

I agree. That shit is nasty. It's not that its too intense, hell i LOVE DMT, but its just shit. Ive said it on other threads here, ive never met anyone in person that has tried salvia and liked it. This forum is one of the few places I hear good things about it. Its cool if you like it, but its not for me I guess.

InvisibleMosis
miserable cunt
Male
Re: so im kinda confused bout the recreational use of salvia [Re: SlashOZ]
    #6601084 - 02/23/07 07:08 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SlashOZ said:
...however it is a totally harmless drug...

You can't make that claim. Very little research has been done. Aside from anecdotal reports, personal experience, and a few neurotoxicity/dependency studies, not much is known about salvia. It is definitely not "totally harmless."

Offlinemonlite
Stranger
Re: so im kinda confused bout the recreational use of salvia [Re: Mosis]
    #6601115 - 02/23/07 07:29 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I´d say people are using salvia the wrong way. Mazatec indians have never smoked it. As some expert said, chewing the green leaves produces the "real" salvia experience, more manageable, not as scary.

It is as if by smoking salvia we were smoking shrooms, injecting THC or aplying LSD enemas.

OfflineSapphireCat
Seeker
Male

Loc: Ireland
Re: so im kinda confused bout the recreational use of salvia [Re: monlite]
    #6601202 - 02/23/07 08:23 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

just because they didn't smoke it doesn't mean that it's "the wrong way". Thought it was cleared up that shrooms had some form of DMT in them that can achieve effects by being smoked?(at any rate not starting up that age old discussion again)

Salvia for me, was never really recreational. I find the sweatiness and the feeling of unease when you come out of a breakthrough, and the need to think about what just happened are too strong for that. That being said for about a month i did it on a daily basis, things start getting extremely weird though, and you lose touch with this reality a bit, or at least it loses some of its importance.

so to summarise from my experience: not really recreational, but just so fascinating that you keep jumping in for more.

Be careful and good luck if you try it, salvias an amazing way to learn stuff about yourself, but its brutally honest, and some parts of yourself you dont always want to see, so make sure you'Re completely willing to be drifted away before you smoke it.

--------------------
Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on Simplicity ~Plato

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: so im kinda confused bout the recreational use of salvia [Re: dedjam]
    #6601210 - 02/23/07 08:28 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

gopenguins said:
Quote:

vigilant_mind said:
Fuck salvia.

I agree. That shit is nasty. It's not that its too intense, hell i LOVE DMT, but its just shit. Ive said it on other threads here, ive never met anyone in person that has tried salvia and liked it. This forum is one of the few places I hear good things about it. Its cool if you like it, but its not for me I guess.

You must not know many people...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: so im kinda confused bout the recreational use of salvia [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #6601213 - 02/23/07 08:29 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

EquilibriuM said:

Making assumptions like that just makes you look ignorant.

Edit: Lets just go over some places where I have had large discussions with salvia:

1) Friends/ Family - We will put this number at about 10. All of which hated the shit
2) raves - probably talked to well over 50 people standing at a rave last year where someone was handing out salvia. People had brought it to the event and decided they hated it...they were trying to give it away and no one wanted it. They actually received some pretty dirty remarks for trying to get others to smoke it.
3) clubs - I get out alot, and part of what I do is drug activism. I talk with people and gather and compile opinions on different drugs. Clubs are great places to find people willing to talk. I have yet to meet one person, out of hundreds, at different clubs that say they have tried and liked salvia.
4) Local head shop - they stocked up on it big when it hit the media a while back. Now they have shelves full of salvia and they cant give it away. No one in town wants it.

There is more.

You like it, you have made that obvious in other posts. That doesnt mean every other person shares your feelings. Instead of trying to understand that, you pass yourself off as an ignorant fool making wrongful assumptions to attack me instead discuss the topic.

Like I said, and maybe you missed this since you felt the need to quote and attempt a personal attack: ITS ALL GOOD IF YOU LIKE SALVIA, IF IT GETS YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO BE, THEN MORE POWER TO YOU. I DONT KNOW ANYONE THAT LIKES IT.

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Re: so im kinda confused bout the recreational use of salvia [Re: SapphireCat]
    #6601222 - 02/23/07 08:35 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SapphireCat said:
Be careful and good luck if you try it, salvias an amazing way to learn stuff about yourself, but its brutally honest, and some parts of yourself you dont always want to see, so make sure you'Re completely willing to be drifted away before you smoke it.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Quote:

monlite said:
I´d say people are using salvia the wrong way. Mazatec indians have never smoked it. As some expert said, chewing the green leaves produces the "real" salvia experience, more manageable, not as scary.

I too have read that shamans believe smoking salvia is 'like burning your children' but that is just not convincing to me.  I have chewed the leaves many times but it's not a reliable way for me to get to where I wish to go, not to mention the taste is unsavory.  When I smoke and feel those molecules entering my bloodstream it is a very comforting feeling, until either the shamans or science can give me a more solid reason not smoke I will continue to do so.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: so im kinda confused bout the recreational use of salvia [Re: dedjam]
    #6601241 - 02/23/07 08:44 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

gopenguins said:
Quote:

EquilibriuM said:

Making assumptions like that just makes you look ignorant.

Edit: Lets just go over some places where I have had large discussions with salvia:

1) Friends/ Family - We will put this number at about 10. All of which hated the shit
2) raves - probably talked to well over 50 people standing at a rave last year where someone was handing out salvia. People had brought it to the event and decided they hated it...they were trying to give it away and no one wanted it. They actually received some pretty dirty remarks for trying to get others to smoke it.
3) clubs - I get out alot, and part of what I do is drug activism. I talk with people and gather and compile opinions on different drugs. Clubs are great places to find people willing to talk. I have yet to meet one person, out of hundreds, at different clubs that say they have tried and liked salvia.
4) Local head shop - they stocked up on it big when it hit the media a while back. Now they have shelves full of salvia and they cant give it away. No one in town wants it.

There is more.

You like it, you have made that obvious in other posts. That doesnt mean every other person shares your feelings. Instead of trying to understand that, you pass yourself off as an ignorant fool making wrongful assumptions to attack me instead discuss the topic.

Like I said, and maybe you missed this since you felt the need to quote and attempt a personal attack: ITS ALL GOOD IF YOU LIKE SALVIA, IF IT GETS YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO BE, THEN MORE POWER TO YOU. I DONT KNOW ANYONE THAT LIKES IT.

LOL!!!

Not a personal attack. Just an observation. At least 1/3 of the people that try Salvia under the right circumstances, like it.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlineeyehavenoi
bread basket

Re: so im kinda confused bout the recreational use of salvia [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6601440 - 02/23/07 10:11 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
when I come home from work
I will have a small amount of alcohol to defray the nerves from driving, not salvia; but before I go to work while relaxing in the tub i love salvia, or while lying down in bed but not sleeping at night time.

these are times I am not tense, and I am not doing anything

salvia is closer to dreams than to recreation, and it is not beefy (down) like alcohol, nor springy (up) like meth.

salvia is brief, but otherworldly so you can wedge it in to your life but you can't heap it on like cannibis, not just anytime.

while otherworldly, it is so brief lasting that you can't use it for concert mind dilation or party modulation like mushrooms or acid.

in short it is brief, perssonal, intense, rewarding but demanding.

can i ask, do you smoke leaf or extract?

i have only tried salvia in extracted form
and have been considering buying some leaf to see if it would affect me differently.

Invisibledespisedicon
Stranger

#6601470 - 02/23/07 10:19 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I don't use it too often, but when I do its when I'm by myself late at night. I don't like it in social settings.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag