Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephaust
Stranger
Male

Loc: Toronto, ON
How can you tell if you aren't crazy?
    #6593936 - 02/21/07 02:22 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

It seems like an odd question - but I've never been tested for any sorts of mental conditions, so this is just a precaution I would like to take before I try shrooms.

I just become obsessive sometimes, about certain thoughts. These range from a fear of vomiting, to a fear of becoming addicted to drugs, and appearance. I also get into these weird funks in which I analyze the validity of whether anything is real, where my mind just goes deeper and deeper into questioning that I become very uneasy and I can't even put my thoughts into words because words also have no meaning when I am in this state.

It's sort of like nihilism, or one of those beliefs that doesnt believe anything is actually happening, and that nothing ever happened. But this is just an occasional 5-minute thought. Not constant.

I don't ever REALLY become depressed, I feel like crap sometimes in the morning but that's just from lack of sleep (I think).

Anyway, from what I've written here, would taking shrooms be a smart idea? I've never taken medication for any sort of mental condition, and I'm mostly a really happy person socially.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: How can you tell if you aren't crazy? [Re: phaust]
    #6593953 - 02/21/07 02:26 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

sounds like a very good idea
explore your own feelings.

--------------------

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: boco
Re: How can you tell if you aren't crazy? [Re: notapillow]
    #6593955 - 02/21/07 02:27 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Visit a psychiatrist if you want to be certain.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: How can you tell if you aren't crazy? [Re: vigilant_mind]
    #6593983 - 02/21/07 02:35 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

mushrooms could amplify and or clarify those feelings. your brain has to do its part to its not all the drug.
for me mushrooms have been invaluble in dealing with my uncertinties about reality. they reinstill my faith in whatever "faith" is.
keep in mind this is just me but i can certinly relate to alot of the worrys your described. mushrooms can be a great lesson in letting go

--------------------

Offlinephaust
Stranger
Male

Re: How can you tell if you aren't crazy? [Re: notapillow]
    #6593993 - 02/21/07 02:38 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Well that sounds positive. Especially the thing about clearing stuff up.

I just know that shrooms can also bring out problems that were sort of hidden, that is really my only concern.

Edited by phaust (02/21/07 02:39 PM)

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

#6594378 - 02/21/07 04:19 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

concern is natural.
mushrooms will undoubtably make you look at you your life your soul your past your pfuture and most importently your present. as well as all the many spinning churning patterns you live umugst. for alot of people, espesioly well composed social people it can be alot to take. not beaing able to explain what they are feeling is very alian to most people.

the point is you gotta have faith.
thats the name of the game.

--------------------

Invisibletakk
Stranger
Male
    #6594580 - 02/21/07 05:08 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

work on meditation before you have your first trip
can't stress that enough
make sure you're able to rid your mind of unnecessary thought and focus your mind like a needlepoint

it'll help you get a grip if things turn a bit sour

but overall, don't forget tripping is just an experience, don't be afraid of it going good or bad. You're not going to go crazy.

actually, get yourself sorted before you start psychedelic drugs.
not to act as a damper or anything but seriously get to know your own thoughts and realise how personal they are, realise how unique they are and realise how it doesnt matter what other people's standards of a 'sane' mind mean. Be comfortable with yourself. If you aren't, you'll be in for one hell of a ride...

mushrooms let you confront your deepest self
are you comfortable with that?

Offlinephaust
Stranger
Male

Re: How can you tell if you aren't crazy? [Re: takk]
    #6594603 - 02/21/07 05:12 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know. I already think about the things people claim to think about while on shrooms when I am sober. Which sort of scares me because I will have no idea what I'd be in for if that were enhanced.

But I'll only be eating a gram anyway.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #6595186 - 02/21/07 07:26 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phaust said:
I just become obsessive sometimes, about certain thoughts. These range from a fear of vomiting, to a fear of becoming addicted to drugs, and appearance. I also get into these weird funks in which I analyze the validity of whether anything is real, where my mind just goes deeper and deeper into questioning that I become very uneasy and I can't even put my thoughts into words because words also have no meaning when I am in this state.

If you are prone to anxious thinking I would not immediately recommend taking mushrooms. You say you become obsessed about certain things, including fear of vomiting, fear of become addicted to drugs, and appearance. It's possible this anxiety could be brought out more by mushrooms, particularly if you start to feel queasy, aren't fully educated about the nature of drugs and drug addiction, and start looking in the mirror when you're tripping.

I can relate to anxiety. Curiously, mushrooms over the years have actually yielded real benefits towards reducing anxiety and obsessive thoughts, but that's personal. I underline personal because, of all the classes of drugs, the hallucinogens are hardest to predict the effects of because the effects are so diverse. So take anything anyone says based on their individual experiences with a grain of salt.

A gram is a pretty safe dose. You could probably go down to .75 to be extra careful. A mild dose likely won't impress you, but at least you'll get a sort of baseline and can up the dosage a bit (next time). Eat the mushrooms when you're ready, and in a comfortable environment.

My "mantra": Don't think

Offlinephaust
Stranger
Male

Re: How can you tell if you aren't crazy? [Re: Land_Crab]
    #6595370 - 02/21/07 08:12 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

The anxiety about becoming addicted to drugs and vomiting all happened while i was in grade 5,6,7. I just listed those as different stages in my life. I dont live in fear.

I dont have fears right now, and I am fairly well at ease about mushrooms, I've done almost 7 months of researching them (that's how long it took to get a hold of them), and am fairly relaxed about a 1 gram trip.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #6595394 - 02/21/07 08:15 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Great.  Then I wish you a pleasant experience. :thumbup:

Offlinephaust
Stranger
Male

#6595433 - 02/21/07 08:22 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you.

Apparently I've been informed that I could get 2 grams for 15 dollars. I feel reluctant to take a dose that high yet.

How much more extreme is a 2g dose for those who have taken it?

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

#6595518 - 02/21/07 08:45 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

2 grams without fail will open your eyes wide to the world you have been missing
1 gram should be fine too it all depends on what you feel comfertable with. as for thinking about what people do while tripping when your sober, dont sweat that. when i trip things i have been thinking since i was 3 often pop into my head. cus my ego. the voice in my head, my "me" has not changed since i was born. i may have learned to talk wright and type  as well as a whole bunch of other cool things but im just layering ontop of that original mind. i can still remember thinking the excact same way i do now back when i was 6 on the play ground.

i look frward to reading a trip report from you :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinetools_n_corpses
why did i choosethis name
Male
    #6595522 - 02/21/07 08:46 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

The problems you say you are having there (is anything real, happening at all, etc.) are just products of the tyranny of your ego over your spirit/soul which wants more than your ego will allow it to have. You're not crazy, you're just plagued with a system of viewing reality that society has imprinted on you which is complete contradiction to the way things are, so once you're outside of the society that system was made to support for a long enough period of time, you start to return to your natural/intended existence, but your mind fights it since it has been conditioned otherwise, so there's chaos... like thoughts about 'is anything real' etc.

Just go with what you know you want....

And try to sleep more. :smirk:

--------------------
"Misery only doth exist, none miserable,

No doer is there; naught save the deed is found.

Nirvana is, but not the man who seeks it.

The Path exists, but not the traveler on it.
"

Edited by tools_n_corpses (02/21/07 09:00 PM)

Offlinechris92346
Stranger
Re: How can you tell if you aren't crazy? [Re: tools_n_corpses]
    #6595547 - 02/21/07 08:52 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

This is how I would judge if one is crazy.

There is an objective measure and a subjective one.

Objectively it works like this... do you function at a normal level? Are you able to live a "normal" life? Are you as productive as the average citizen?

Subjectively it is very simple... are you satisfied with your life how it is now?

Personally I think the objective one is better. If you are able to function does it matter if you are crazy or not? Also I think most of us are on the crazy side. Just some of us are able to fake it better than the others. How is to say what is normal? I don't like the subjective rule... becuase it is simply feelings. Feelings are very flighty sorta things, very fickle.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#6595566 - 02/21/07 08:56 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

great avatar
are you a student in toronto?
downtown?

thought is just a part of mental life, wih mushroom expect all senses to be extended as well as internal dialogue; you dance with the reverberations of time differently than can be conceived when not so enchanted.

over planning and second guessing has to stop now, instead practice uncertainty and openness

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineMauiGanjaMonster
Herbal Pleasures
Male

Loc: 4 acre pot field
Re: How can you tell if you aren't crazy? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6595926 - 02/21/07 10:20 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Who decides whats crazy or not? who decided what is "socialy normal" and whats not... also if you can ask that question chances are you arent "insane"

--------------------
Trodding through creation in a irie meditation.

As they walk through my garden and steal my fruit, damn devils in a three piece suit.

yeah they walk through my garden and eat my fruit damn puppets, the boys in blue.

OfflineMauiGanjaMonster
Herbal Pleasures
Male

Loc: 4 acre pot field
Re: How can you tell if you aren't crazy? [Re: MauiGanjaMonster]
    #6595943 - 02/21/07 10:25 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

It also really depends on the kind of person you are and how much mushrooms will affect you, for example Ive seen yageman post, saying that he trips pretty hard by eating a gram I belive.

I would start at 2 grams the normal starting amount, to see if it really affects you and if thats the right starting amount for you....great, but if its not, you just gotta keep your cool and remeber you will come back from this.. its all in the mind my friend.

--------------------
Trodding through creation in a irie meditation.

As they walk through my garden and steal my fruit, damn devils in a three piece suit.

yeah they walk through my garden and eat my fruit damn puppets, the boys in blue.

Offlinephaust
Stranger
Male

Re: How can you tell if you aren't crazy? [Re: MauiGanjaMonster]
    #6596891 - 02/22/07 09:56 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Wow, thanks for all the tips. They have really been insightful. Not sure what my dosage will be yet. I've gone from considering .75g to now possibly 1.5 or 2 grams. I'll decide when I get it, and right now just concentrate on packing the next few days.

and redgreenvines, I go to the Ontario College of Art & Design - which is in downtown toronto.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#6596937 - 02/22/07 10:26 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

crazy or just different and inspired?

nice!
the colored pencils
looming aboveground (ha!)
love it
never been inside tho, but I have been aboveground.
you are at the heart of culture and near all the medical support you could dream of as well.
enjoy. going nuts is part of the fun. most of the entanglement is just wordplay mixed with body feeling.
glad you are downtown, and at a good school, after working hard, when you let go you are well rewarded.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom