Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Fantasy Baseball league settings discussion...
    #6593069 - 02/21/07 08:45 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

If there is anything you guys don't like about the setup of the Shroomery baseball league please air it out here...here are some points I wanted to bring up

1) Live Draft: I would love to do a live draft and want to hear if you guys would be down for that as well. Be warned - it can take as long as 2 hrs, though probably not with 12 teams..last year's was a mess with 20 players, 8 of whom didn't show up to the draft. But if 90 percent of the players show up to the draft it will go much more quickly....

I would want to schedule a live draft for an afternoon sometime, when I am at work with access to a computer with internet access. This includes Saturdays when I work 12-7 EST.

2) Trade Veto: I'm definitely in agreement with zappa's comment on the league board that commissioner should get final say and that 2/3 voting against would be a league veto...I'll see if I can set it up with both.

Minnimum Innings Pitched: I'm just a little lost on this setting, never know where to throw it, if zappa or someone else with many years of FB experience could suggest something that'd be swell.

STAT categories are at: R, HR, RBI, SB, E, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

open to debate for any others.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Fantasy Baseball league settings discussion... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6593120 - 02/21/07 09:14 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

A live draft would indeed be cool but it is utterly impractical. You need to do it when you're at work, I can't do it when I'm at work and I'm sure there are quite a few slacker bitches who never leave the bed and don't give a shit when it gets done. Forget it, auto draft is the only choice, unfortunately.

I don't see any minimum innings pitched option available and I would choose none anyway. You want to tank wins and strikeouts, go ahead. .

--------------------

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Fantasy Baseball league settings discussion... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #6593134 - 02/21/07 09:21 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

So you work Saturdays within the hours of 12-7 EST or have other things going on in that time that would prevent you from doing a live draft zappa?

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #6593137 - 02/21/07 09:23 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Must...Have...Live...Draft...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Fantasy Baseball league settings discussion... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6593142 - 02/21/07 09:24 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Must...Have...Live...Draft...

Feel...same...way

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#6593146 - 02/21/07 09:27 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

:tongue2:

Sorry.

Havent had coffee yet today...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Fantasy Baseball league settings discussion... [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #6593147 - 02/21/07 09:27 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I have obligations, yes, not all of which are work. I understand the ideal, which is actually a salary cap auction, then a live draft. But it's like herding cats and nailing down jello. OMR said they got about a 60% turnout for the draft last year. Now I suspect we have more dedicated players this time but it isn't just dedication that gets 10 or 12 people together at the same time. I do not disagree that it is unfortunate, but much in life is unfortunate. Make the fairest and best decision and move on.

--------------------

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #6593152 - 02/21/07 09:29 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

This is true, however the fairest and best decision would be based on what the majority wants. 3 out of the 4 people in this thread thus far want a live draft. :shrug:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#6593153 - 02/21/07 09:29 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Okay.

So you want an autodraft...

Fine. How does it affect you if we have a live draft and you arent present?

Its not like you arent getting the same players you would anyhow.

If a few people cant make it, fine. Let the computer pick your players, and I'll pick mine.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Fantasy Baseball league settings discussion... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6593164 - 02/21/07 09:35 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

The four lifeless wankers who have currently represented in this thread don't even constitute a quorum. If live we go, then so be it. I'll still win even if I have to set it at auto. My robot is smarter than you, anyway.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom