Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBlend
afferent orchestra
 User Gallery

Re: How do You define 'Insanity'? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6592751 - 02/21/07 05:20 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Insanity - not in touch with reality. 
That's my personal definition.  Then again I could be insane.  By that definition, it's debateable.  Either not in touch or too much so. :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineundersativaskies
blue ridgerepresent
Male User Gallery

Loc: cville
Re: How do You define 'Insanity'? [Re: Blend]
    #6593623 - 02/21/07 12:25 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

You will never know if your insane even if some one tells you. You will just deny the fact.

--------------------
The wolves howl, the sheep dwell, and the fool casts his whom.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: How do You define 'Insanity'? [Re: Artnotwar]
    #6593681 - 02/21/07 12:38 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

intense_cutn said:
my old boss came up with this random idea one day out of nowhere that the difference between a sane and an insane person is that an insane person would have no remorse or even know that it is wrong to kill someone. it's is brobably part of it but i thought it was really random

this is in the definition of a psychopath
insanity is a very broad field, with psychopaths at an extremely destructive end of the spectrum.
Obsession and hallucination are not even part of a psychopath's essential bouquet of characteristic symptoms.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: How do You define 'Insanity'? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6593726 - 02/21/07 12:56 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

RGV, you and I have a similar take on it.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

OfflineChesh

Loc: bardo
Re: How do You define 'Insanity'? [Re: Kickle]
    #6593919 - 02/21/07 02:16 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

'Insanity' is defined in reference to culturally reinforced norms, just like everything else. Break the conduct codes or disregard whatever is widely accepted as 'true, wholesome, or good,' and you're a candidate for the straight-jacket.

The comment 'there is sanity in numbers' runs close to the vein.

It's ironic that insanity literally means 'not healthy', when that which passes for sanity in this world is anything but wholesome.

OfflineHashHeesh
Stranger
 User Gallery

#15094384 - 09/18/11 02:01 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I've come to think that Insanity is mind-created. Illness' happen to us because we subconsciously choose ourselves to be weak and hence susceptible. Over time our lack of congruence to our True Self deposits negative emotional resonance and eventually results in hurting inside.

You believe your world into reality. I'm sort of an awkward guy socially and as I grew up this was reinforced by myself. "Hey look I'm shit at interacting with people..." But that gets you nowhere. The more I believed I was awkward or 'not good enough' the more it became real. The same goes for your health. Think healthy and you will be healthy.

Looking at all the media and billboards around my city, I can safely conclude that we are being brainwashed to bow down to a superficial standard of ideals/values, so we can be 'bought out.' Our conscious potential as a capable human being is diminished in favour of an auto-pilot response meant for the benefit of the 'dominant' group (Capitalists/Politicians)

So the question is not really who's insane... but who is SANE. Because that's who they will deem insane, the person who sticks up and thinks. Just look at history. Russian revolution - Stalin purges intellectuals. Another being The Frankfurt school exodus. These thinking people are seen as obstacles for the tyrants and manipulators seeking power and control, for they are influential and foward-thinking.

It seems that in our time for today, we still have not seen that paradigm shift of embracing each other in open arms, all colors and all races. One day we will though, because after all the bullshit there is only us to survive.

InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: How do You define 'Insanity'? [Re: HashHeesh]
    #15094423 - 09/18/11 02:30 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'd say the difference between a sane person and an insane person is the ability to properly analyze reality.  The problem with that is the idea reality and insanity are both subjective terms.  I think that actual reality is just objective reality.  It's the way we analyze it that makes it subjective.  I guess that means the insane are the ones who analyze reality in a different way than the majority.  Would you be considered insane if you believed the world was flat when it was common belief?  Would you be considered insane if you believed it now?  It's all about who does the considering.
:twocents::stoned:

Invisiblebirdland

Re: How do You define 'Insanity'? [Re: Psilosomniac]
    #15094549 - 09/18/11 03:49 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

insanity is 20g of dried cubes

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: How do You define 'Insanity'? [Re: birdland]
    #15094837 - 09/18/11 07:58 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I am reading this book The Trials of the Visionary Mindby John Weir Perry which REALLY goes deep into your question. Ie., he respected how so-called 'psychosis' 'and' 'schizophrenia' are natural healing ways that people cope with an insane family and culture that has oppressed them in various ways, and what happens is that there happens a visionary journey which involves both the death of the ego and the symbolic destruction of the world (worldview). BECAUSE our insane culture cannot and fears these visionary healing states they want to throw toxic drugs at them like 'anti-psychotics' which are VERY harmful both physically and spiritually for the people that have their healing processes supressed! This was why John Perry and a few others sought to provide safe caring loving spaces for people deemed 'mentally ill' but because of the corrupt power of the pharmacetucals who push the drugs that are suppsedly for 'mental illness' many of these caring places had their funding stopped!

Mad Pride is a movement which like Gay Pride did diffuses the term 'mad' by embracing it as good term--like 'gays did, about being gay. So for example, they would say--and I veruy much agree--that the world is insance, but people deemed mad are the real creative ones who dissent in various ways in reponse to this insanity, and it is the so-called 'well adjusted' we should be careful about because they support the insanity as normal, and the true reality, and 'real world'.

So to be mad is really meaning we are seeing through the insanity which is accepted as normal--which includes endless wars, invasions, cruelty, racism, misogyny, mass extinction of other species, polluting the seas, rivers, land and air, half the world living in poverty and starving so a few can be very rich, dropping bombs on babies and adults, etc etc

It can be daunting when you wake up to this insanity. When you realize that if you ARE needing support for psychological and spiritual problems that you can come up against soul-dead people who want to drug you up with toxic chemical, and ECT you and lock you, taking away all your freedom and human rights.

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: How do You define 'Insanity'? [Re: HashHeesh]
    #15095286 - 09/18/11 10:40 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HashHeesh said:
I've come to think that Insanity is mind-created. Illness' happen to us because we subconsciously choose ourselves to be weak and hence susceptible. Over time our lack of congruence to our True Self deposits negative emotional resonance and eventually results in hurting inside.

You believe your world into reality. I'm sort of an awkward guy socially and as I grew up this was reinforced by myself. "Hey look I'm shit at interacting with people..." But that gets you nowhere. The more I believed I was awkward or 'not good enough' the more it became real. The same goes for your health. Think healthy and you will be healthy.

Looking at all the media and billboards around my city, I can safely conclude that we are being brainwashed to bow down to a superficial standard of ideals/values, so we can be 'bought out.' Our conscious potential as a capable human being is diminished in favour of an auto-pilot response meant for the benefit of the 'dominant' group (Capitalists/Politicians)

So the question is not really who's insane... but who is SANE. Because that's who they will deem insane, the person who sticks up and thinks. Just look at history. Russian revolution - Stalin purges intellectuals. Another being The Frankfurt school exodus. These thinking people are seen as obstacles for the tyrants and manipulators seeking power and control, for they are influential and foward-thinking.

It seems that in our time for today, we still have not seen that paradigm shift of embracing each other in open arms, all colors and all races. One day we will though, because after all the bullshit there is only us to survive.

There is no animal species that doesn't have a power hierarchy of some sort and often it depends upon mating and resources. We're not any different. There are limited resources and we have a drive towards the "best" mate which is reflective of being able to acquire and maintain resources and a notion of beauty. The fact that everyone who isn't at the top feels cheated is just part of the game. We all want to be at the top but there are only a handful who can be. It's all a part of the same system. If we didn't want to be at the top then being anywhere but wouldn't suck and we wouldn't feel "cheated". And at the same time it's that exact same drive that motivates people to find any way to the top they can, including stepping on all those other people who want to be at the top.

IMO it is partially insane to not see this drive in yourself and thus villainize it in others. Only because it goes on to create a weird US and THEM rifting that is also typical of humanity. All in all I think nearly everyone has at least a bit of crazy in them and some people have a whole bunch.

--------------------

Invisiblexdefiance
I'm going on an adventure
Male User Gallery

Re: How do You define 'Insanity'? [Re: notapillow]
    #15099182 - 09/19/11 01:22 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

notapillow said:
cuckoos nest:snowman:

:dontspillme:

Invisibleextreme
Male

Re: How do You define 'Insanity'? [Re: xdefiance]
    #15099235 - 09/19/11 01:54 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

This has been a really interesting thread so far, keep going

Invisibledomesticgnome

Loc: For me to know and you to find...
Re: How do You define 'Insanity'? [Re: extreme]
    #15099261 - 09/19/11 02:15 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

My dream is to lose my mind and die alone, personally. Though so far, by the end I always manage to realize I was talking to myself the whole time.

--------------------

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15099291 - 09/19/11 02:37 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Kickle said:
Quote:

HashHeesh said:

There is no animal species that doesn't have a power hierarchy of some sort and often it depends upon mating and resources. We're not any different. There are limited resources and we have a drive towards the "best" mate which is reflective of being able to acquire and maintain resources and a notion of beauty. The fact that everyone who isn't at the top feels cheated is just part of the game. We all want to be at the top but there are only a handful who can be. It's all a part of the same system. If we didn't want to be at the top then being anywhere but wouldn't suck and we wouldn't feel "cheated". And at the same time it's that exact same drive that motivates people to find any way to the top they can, including stepping on all those other people who want to be at the top.

IMO it is partially insane to not see this drive in yourself and thus villainize it in others. Only because it goes on to create a weird US and THEM rifting that is also typical of humanity. All in all I think nearly everyone has at least a bit of crazy in them and some people have a whole bunch.

Well that is your wordlview---your IMAGE of the world, not mine. To me your image is a very dangerous image in deed, and is one that is running the show.
To me it is insanity to justify an elite that has most of the world's wealth whilst half of the world lives in poverty with millions starving, and there is the ecocide which is as if even MORE serious because once the Web of Life is destroyed, ALL of us are also, including the ones at the "top".

I ASSERT that YOU are the one insane to have callous indifference about this state of affairs in our communities and the world, and even  to go on and support it philosophically as the 'norm'.

OfflineGolemGolem
Stranger

Re: How do You define 'Insanity'? [Re: zzripz]
    #15099329 - 09/19/11 03:04 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

To me it is insanity to justify an elite that has most of the world's wealth whilst half of the world lives in poverty with millions starving, and there is the ecocide which is as if even MORE serious because once the Web of Life is destroyed, ALL of us are also, including the ones at the "top".
Well, yeah, humanity COULD be better about that sorta thing, but it never has been...dudes with penis gourds kill dudes with lip plugs while feeling superior to the tatooed dudes and take all the best fishing spots. All love their children and tell great stories.
Insanity would be a penis gourd dude thinking that he could overcome all of that, or even worse that he could make others overcome all of that with the power of his love, or even reason and logic.

Offlinehealing
Strangest
Female

Loc: the universe, the milky w...
Re: How do You define 'Insanity'? [Re: GolemGolem]
    #15099362 - 09/19/11 03:28 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Open mind, open heart, open book.

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#15100119 - 09/19/11 09:49 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Quote:

Kickle said:
Quote:

HashHeesh said:

Well that is your wordlview---your IMAGE of the world, not mine. To me your image is a very dangerous image in deed, and is one that is running the show.

I ASSERT that YOU are the one insane to have callous indifference about this state of affairs in our communities and the world, and even  to go on and support it philosophically as the 'norm'.

Well when you decide to get off the internet and donate the money you spend on it to the poor, let me know. When you decide to give away your car so a huge amount of people can eat, let me know. When you decide to take advantage of the many poverello centers and food banks instead of living in abundance, let me know. You live a privileged life and still feel somehow it's the elite to blame. IMO that's a typical response to shift the blame but it denies the reality.

--------------------

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15100168 - 09/19/11 10:01 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Well when you decide to get off the internet and donate the money you spend on it to the poor, let me know.

HOW the hell do you know I don't?

Quote:

When you decide to give away your car so a huge amount of people can eat, let me know.

HOW do you know I HAVE a car?

Quote:

When you decide to take advantage of the many poverello centers and food banks instead of living in abundance, let me know.

How do you know I live in abudance?

Quote:

You live a privileged life and still feel somehow it's the elite to blame. IMO that's a typical response to shift the blame but it denies the reality.

HOW do you know I live a privileged life?

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#15100182 - 09/19/11 10:05 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Even if you don't, the vast majority of those who post here do. I don't really care about you personally but it seems telling that you are so defensive.

--------------------

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#15100266 - 09/19/11 10:37 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

relinquishing my material possessions to the city dump is not helping anyone put a meal on their table.

me working 40 hours a week and volunteering at homeless shelters and junk is.

i'll keep my car, thank you.

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale