Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleroyalkubensis
Stranger
casing recomendations
    #657989 - 06/01/02 06:35 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I am looking for recomendations on casing techniques... what works better than the rest for cubensis strains?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebicuspid
Stranger
Re: casing recomendations [Re: royalkubensis]
    #658061 - 06/01/02 07:07 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Read the FAQ dude, comon. You need to be spoonfed?

OfflineAlpheratus
Loc: neo berlin
    #658068 - 06/01/02 07:10 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

IM ABOUT TO SAVE YOUR LIFE!

listen up....
if you post a question like this, your probobly gonna get flammed... so....
do yourself a favor, and everyone else at the shroomery and use the "SEARCH" button...

do a search, you will find more answeres than i, or any one person can give you!
o, and check out the FAQ, its got lost of good info you might wanna know.

PEACE!

--------------------
blasted holes into night until she bled sunshine

OfflineStatini
Stranger
Re: casing recomendations [Re: Alpheratus]
    #658138 - 06/01/02 08:37 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I think he/she just wants to know what the best method is...

There really isnt one, just look to what suits your needs, skill, and availibility of resources (time, money, access to weird stuff).

And when you do searches and look through the faq and all the other teks on this site I think it is quite overwhelming to the beginner and thats why there are always beginner type questions resurffacing.

Unless you did even try the faq or do a search the first time around, then all this doesnt matter and you need to search and look through the faq first and think of more clarifying and specfic questions.

Thats just my opinion, dont hurt me.

Invisibleroyalkubensis
Stranger
    #658713 - 06/02/02 08:03 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

ok..... listen up you flaming bastards.....

my question was extremely straight forward, and relatively easy to respond to... I have a suggestion to you who don't have enough brains to realize that no question is a stupid question... why don't you cut and paste my subject line into the forums search field. Would you be satisfied with those results. Although a search of that nature returned information regarding "casing" nothing answered the question that I asked.

why don't you assume that not everybody is a newb and instead of giving people run around phucking answers you simply say something like this....

- I have had success with _____ method of casing.... here is where you can find more info on that.

or

- I use ____ blank type of container to house my substrate and _____ type of container as a terrarium and that works well too.

that is what a forum is for.... pretty easy huh..... give the same quality of answers to people that you would want to recieve.....

if i was a retarded prick.... I would follow every post that you dipshits write and flame the phuck out of you..... but who knows maybe i know something that you don't and I might not share it with your conceded ass.....

with that out of the way... maybe i will refrase my question so that you can find a better answer......

What kind of containers are you guys using to house your substrate?

Are you using any kind of 50/50 method... if so is it working for you?

What kind of misting patterns do you use to keep moisture and humidity in the air?

Sorry for making you bastards work harder than you wanted to.

-ender

Offlinejosh666
enthusiast

Loc: U.S.A.
    #658717 - 06/02/02 08:09 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I suggest using coco coir......seems to give me nice yeilds.

OfflineMeneerCactus
Ex Operator FSRE
 User Gallery
Loc: The Low Lands
    #658729 - 06/02/02 08:21 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Coco Coir/Vermiculite would be my choice.

Peace and Goodluck,

Eric

--------------------
"Millions of years of evolution just to .... light up a joint"

Offlineavarrin
family
Male

Loc: chattanooga, tn
    #658731 - 06/02/02 08:23 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

You can use a variety of things to house your casing substrates... alot depends on security, if you can grow your mushrooms in the open.. or not. Go to the rubbermaid/sterlite isle in Wal-mart or a store that is like Wal-mart. There are all kinds of containers there that are used to store things, and if you look close enough.. you might find these containers that have blue tops and a clean container body with like yellow flaps on the sides... you will notice that a casing layer can fit into the lid of it and the whole container can be turned upside down to form a small tererrium be creative. there are many containers at walmart that can be used in this manner... some require some modification (ie. cutting off the handle, and taping up the hole) ... but nothing too extreme

Im sorry I cannot post any pictures I waited for weeks for my cables for my digital camera to arrive, and they finally did.. and now I realise that the driver will not work with XP. damnit!

As for a casing substrate... I use peatmoss + limestone flour... hydrated lime is a bitch and can really fuckup your casing... and crushed oyster shells are just a bitch to find, and if you use enough limestone.. you dont even need the shells. Keep it simple its more enjoyable that way.

I have not really researched any misting patterns, there was a post about misting i read a few min ago.. so check it, it had some good recomendations on it. I usually just use the mister I have that sprays a VERY fine mist, and I am the mister up into the air (in the opposite direction of the casign) and spray it.. and let the water dropplets fall... there is probally a better way... so if you know of one, please post it

hope that helps you out..

~ava

--------------------
* all flames are subject to /dev/null

OfflineStainBlue
Da Man
 User Gallery

Re: casing recomendations [Re: avarrin]
    #658758 - 06/02/02 08:52 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

i use pasturized cow dung and 1 top layer of cactus soil that is 1/4 inch think

it works great for me

and as to what i put my casing in is an oven pan from wal-mart its a foot by a foot and a half and i use 4 100% colonized jars in it

--------------------
Peace,
StainBlue

Offlinebicuspid
Stranger
    #658772 - 06/02/02 09:02 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

you're a cocksucker. they type of jackass that has other people write his term papers.
get a clue buddy and do some of your own homework.

Anonymous

#658789 - 06/02/02 09:14 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I use straight coco fiber on top and bottom. I do not do anything to the coco fiber before hand. Have had excellent luck with this method.

OfflineAlpheratus
Loc: neo berlin
    #658827 - 06/02/02 09:47 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

i was just giving you advice on how to get better info that i could provide, im not very skilled in the caseing area, and wanted you to get the best info possible.
I didnt assume you where a newbie, i assumed you haddnt done a search because this question "best caseing method/mix?" comes up a million time a week...
sorry you had to take it offensivley.... i did not flame you either!

PEACE
good luck with the caseing, i would recomend coco coir cause its so freakin cheap around here, verm is far to expensive where i live so i dont use it for caseings.

--------------------
blasted holes into night until she bled sunshine

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #658898 - 06/02/02 10:39 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Invisibleroyalkubensis
Stranger
    #659227 - 06/02/02 02:33 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

bicuspid.... you are an angry little creature - lick my balls

thanks to everybody that posted intelligently..... your advice will be followed... shroom on.

-ender

p.s. anno posted a great link

Edited by royalkubensis (06/02/02 02:35 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom