Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart!
    #6587610 - 02/19/07 10:28 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, I went to a local supermarket tonight to do a little grocery shopping...

After checking out, I pushed my cart through the exit (between the security tag receivers) and a guy was walking right beside me and the
beeper alarm went off... We both were stopped by an employee (dressed in plain clothes). He patted me down first and told me to "wait
here". He then patted down the other guy and found a package of steak stuck in the back of his pants!

I was amazed and surprised that someone would steal steak from a supermarket and also quite intrigued at how he got busted doing so.

After telling me I was free to go, I asked the store detective, "What set off the alarm?" He told me, "Well, I really shouldn't tell
you, but you seem like an honest guy and I've seen you shop here quite often, so... It's the 'safe handling instruction sticker' on
every package of meat in the cooler... They have to pass within four inches of the scanner to be deactivated".

WOW! :eek: :shocked: :thumbup:

I mean, I know meat's expensive, but holy CRAP! :lol:

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: TM]
    #6587683 - 02/19/07 10:42 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i know tons of people who steal meat!

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: PDU]
    #6587732 - 02/19/07 10:50 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

you have no idea how many time my me and my freinds have had entire picnics of stolen goods.
it got ridiculus at a point.
my freind, a girl , ws the only one who stole. and she had it down to a ttotal science.
she stoped tho.
once she had money and a job.

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: notapillow]
    #6587770 - 02/19/07 10:56 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

ditto.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: TM]
    #6587797 - 02/19/07 10:59 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

When those buzzers go off, just keep walking.

Theoretically, if someone touches you that isn't a police officer, that's assault. You can fight back with equal force and you would be innocent.

Also, what would the corporation rather have? A $5 product loss on a steak, or the bad press of someone getting shanked in broad daylight over a piece of meat?

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: PDU]
    #6587804 - 02/19/07 11:00 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I couldn't shoplift if my life depend on it.I do use food stamps that I get to buy really good meat with :grin:.

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: Adden]
    #6587920 - 02/19/07 11:23 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I knew I hadn't done anything wrong, so I stopped when I was asked to.

If I had stolen something, I'd probably just have kept walking, but I don't steal.

--------------------

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! *DELETED* [Re: TM]
    #6587938 - 02/19/07 11:29 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Ferris

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------

Discuss Politics

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #6587961 - 02/19/07 11:33 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I knew I hadn't done anything wrong, so I stopped when I was asked to.

Is this typical sheep behavior?

If you knew you were in the clear, why bother stopping?

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: Ferris]
    #6587974 - 02/19/07 11:37 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, inventory control tabs are evrywhere, EASY to disable tho, take walmart for example, you can grab a load of games or something, then walk over to the electronics checkout while the clerk is off picking their nose like they do.
just run a block of dvds or whatever over the grey raised square, sometimes its hidden, but you will know because it beeps.
all tags over it get erased by magnetic pulse.

ever buy VHS tapes? once upon a time VHS was decent, but you really had to start getting into DVDS because of the quality difference. this happend about the same time they started using magnetic pulse for security.

magnetic VHS tapes were getting partially erased.

also, keep pacemakers and MP3 players FAR away

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: Adden]
    #6587976 - 02/19/07 11:37 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I guess I was curious, beyond anything else. :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: Mitchnast]
    #6587984 - 02/19/07 11:39 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Not to mention your credit/debit card mag strips. :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #6587990 - 02/19/07 11:40 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I thought you were permabanned, what a shame.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: Hanky]
    #6587998 - 02/19/07 11:43 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

You should know better than anyone that there's no such thing as a "permaban". (Except in certain and seldom cases.)

--------------------

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! *DELETED* [Re: TM]
    #6587999 - 02/19/07 11:44 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Ferris

--------------------

Discuss Politics

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: Ferris]
    #6588017 - 02/19/07 11:49 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I had a friend that would go around putting thanes into women pocketbooks that would be open.He said it was real funny to see the look on there face.

--------------------

Offlinejdirty
Is this real?
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: S.W. Louisiana
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: Brainiac]
    #6588116 - 02/20/07 12:27 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

There are a few good ways to bypass that type of inventory control, definetely the best is deactivating it yourself at an empty counter, good counters to do this at is sporting goods and fabrics. They both have deactivators and they both usually are in great locations for the task.

One thing I find very odd is it was on meat. Every store I've ever been in has never had inventory control stickers on meat, especially steaks, because they get cut and packaged at the store, not from a remote manufacturing facility. The stickers cost the manuf. thats why everything dont have one. But steak? Has anyone positively identified a sticker on a package of meat? I dont see how this can even be possible with USDA regulations and food safety laws.

I am somewhat of a clepto so I have a little experience in that area. I find the easiest way to bypass the IC is by simply peeling the sticker off. This is surefire, as trying to deactivate it could land you in kangaroo jail if you happen to fail to deactivate it properly, which happens quite often. How many times have your legitimate goods tripped the alarm?

Now, you are speaking of a grocery store, so it is a little different with respect to circumventing security. I just dont see them putting the sticker on the inside of the meat package. heh, meat package. So it had to have been on the outside, and if it was, the guy should have not been ignorant to this fact.

Ripping off walmart advise of the year:

You can very easily walk out of walmart with ANYTHING in the store. FREE. They have changed it slightly since I first did it, but it is still very easy.

Just about everyone has returned something to walmart. And if you have, then you know about the sticker policy. When you first enter the store, get your pink sticker. You can do this by having any item that walmart sells, I prefer to use mach 3 razor blades, small and slick surface for the pink sticker. That pink sticker says you walked in the store with that item. Now back in the day, it was as simple as placing that sticker on ANY item you with, and walking out the other door with it. As long as you had that sticker, you came in the store with it. They changed this up a little, and you now need a different sticker on your item.

This especially works well with electronics and items that you MUST have a receipt to return. Pick what you want, I've gotten 3 HP computers with AMD X2 4200+ CPU's and 2 gigs of ram EACH, but you can start small, PC software! I've got Vista home premium on all 3 PC's with office 07 on each one, using this method.

Once you enter walmart and get your initial sticker, go put that sticker on something simple, such as the vista software. Now bring that directly to the customer service desk and ask them for a refund. Doh, of course your not gonna get a refund but your the dumb customer that didnt know you had to have a receipt because it was a gift. When they confirm that your stuck with it, they will peel of your original pink sticker and place a red sticker on it. That red sticker is your key. Walmart doesnt allow items with the original pink sticker because it was too easy to put that sticker on anything. Now they just make you stop at the CS desk first.

oh, if CS sends you to electronics, its the same story. You have one goal in mind, to receive your red sticker which permits you to leave the store with the item.

One other Walmart policy that is not widely known is their per-customer return policy. Now this is POLICY, which means if you bitch loud enough, they have to oblige. The policy states that each customer is allowed a total of 3 returns a year without a receipt. If you have ever returned something at walmart without a receipt, you had to supply your ID. Thats how they track how many returns you've made. The downfall to no-receipt returns is if its over 20 bucks, you'll prolly get it on a gift card. Which is okay for me, because walmart has everything, and down here in the south, we can use the gift card at the gas pump, which is also great.

This policy is good on most items in the store, except electronics and jewelry. My favorite is clothes. Just say it was a gift and you get the money.

WARNING This involved stealing, which is an illegal activity. This is not a guide anyone should follow, this is simply a collection of thoughts and experiences. If you take this guide literally, and you attempt any of these actions which I have outlined, in any manner, fashion, shape or form, then of course, you must assume all responsibility for your actions. In other words, dont tell the folks you heard it on the shroomery.

This may be common knowledge, but whoever didnt know about it, have fun! I know I have, we have 3.. yes 3 super wally worlds, 2 of them are on the same road! All within 7 miles of each other, and then its only an 8 mile drive to the 4th one. If you dont believe me, google walmart supercenter in lake charles, la. We have two supercenters within 2.3 miles of each other. crazy shit, anyways.. peace

--------------------

I HATE people who take drugs.
Like cops, DEA agents and custom officials

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: jdirty]
    #6588156 - 02/20/07 12:38 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Please don't come anywhere near me or my possessions or any Shroomery gatherings.

Professional thieves are not welcome.

--------------------

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
    #6588167 - 02/20/07 12:42 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't think that dirty old men were either.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: Hanky]
    #6588172 - 02/20/07 12:44 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

You just don't think, period. :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
    #6588177 - 02/20/07 12:48 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Pretty much everyone here sees through you.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #6588196 - 02/20/07 12:55 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

whoever trys that is not very smart.

the biggest flaw in your "bad" plan is the fact that your item will set off when you try to leave.

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6588199 - 02/20/07 12:56 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Cool!

I have the power of invisibility! (According to Hanky, the most despised user on the board) :rofl2:

--------------------

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
    #6588214 - 02/20/07 01:01 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

You flatter yourself.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #6588217 - 02/20/07 01:02 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I thought you got permabanned?

--------------------

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #6588223 - 02/20/07 01:04 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

That'll be the day! :lol:

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#6588323 - 02/20/07 01:41 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Receipt scams seem simpler to pull off than that sticker scam.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #6588395 - 02/20/07 02:24 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TM said:
We both were stopped by an employee (dressed in plain clothes). He patted me down first...

that's a big money lawsuit, always refuse the search or demand to be arrested

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #6588409 - 02/20/07 02:33 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

TM said:
We both were stopped by an employee (dressed in plain clothes). He patted me down first...

always refuse the search or demand to be arrested

Then what happens if you get arrested? At the very least, your night is disrupted and you look foolish to those who see you being held and taken in.

Really, how many of us have the time, patience or mindset to catch a grocer on a technicality, and screw them in a law suit?

I think alot of people here giving the original poster flack about stopping, are missing the point.

I understand the mentality to want to rebel against any authority figure, but honestly, i shop at the same grocer daily, i see the same people there daily, i know my clerks.. Honestly, i don't want to return to the store to dirty looks, or questions.. and no, i dont want to find another grocer either.

They are just protecting what is rightfully there's and probably caused very little disruption to anyone but the theif..

Its not like his personal freedom was trampled!

(now, if you've got drugs, thats another issue.)

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#6588413 - 02/20/07 02:37 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

technicality?

the law is pretty specific regarding false imprisonment, false arrest, defamation
of character, in order for them to search you, they have to detain you, in doing
so they've violated your rights.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #6588421 - 02/20/07 02:41 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

we all violate our on rights by taking drugs?

Its not that big a deal, is all im saying.

If it happened to you, would you be taking them to court? honestly?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineHighGuy
Stranger

#6588495 - 02/20/07 03:27 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

There was just a report released on MSN that meat was the #1 stolen item this year. Talked about how housewives steal it all the time as it is becoming more and more expensive. But yea, me and a few of my friends used to get blazed and go raid the local grocer at 2 am. It must have been humerous/obvious to the employees to see us walk around for 20 minutes and only buy a 2-liter of pop. Haha we used to have feasts, everything from ice cream to summer sausage and cheese. Lol.

--------------------
http://www.lp.org
Start making America free again.

InvisibleWoodsCall
own it
 User Gallery

Loc: eye of the beerholder
    #6588710 - 02/20/07 06:47 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Am I going to be the first to say the admitted shoplifters in this thread are absolute scum?  I guess the ones who get away with it are smart, but they're still selfish bitches who can't grasp the idea of WORKING for what they WANT.  Christ.

gimmegimmegimme 

And it's amazing how many people steal meat.  Who wouldn't love to have a bloody roast dripping down his legs?  :tongue:

--------------------
Live free or die.

InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: WoodsCall]
    #6588780 - 02/20/07 08:01 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i work for safeway and i detain people all the time... most of the time i catch people because i see them not just because the alarm goes off.... and to whoever said you cant touch them thats bullshit ive thrown people on the ground punched people etc... and also ive chased many many people, almost everyone runs... you can do whatever it takes to detain them until the cops come and arrest them... if you are not 100% positive someone stole something you cant go after them or else you do get fucked if they didnt steal anything, but if the alarm goes off you do have the right to search them no matter what...

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #6588787 - 02/20/07 08:08 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

When I worked in a grocery store, the most commonly stolen items were:

#2 - Meat
#1 - Mach 3 razor blades

I'd find empty packages of Mach 3 blades everywhere.  People rip them open, pocket the blades and toss the garbage behind the pickles. 

:shrug:

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineHeadTripVertigo
at least I'm housebroken
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #6588803 - 02/20/07 08:16 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

We were outside of walgreens at like 3am the other day, some nig just walked right out like he'd done nothing wrong, carrying a bunch of shit with a candy bar in his mouth. he barely got to the end of the sidewalks the store was on before employees started running after him. funny how nonchalantly he did it.

--------------------
TACOS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#6588815 - 02/20/07 08:20 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Theoretically, if someone touches you that isn't a police officer, that's assault. You can fight back with equal force and you would be innocent.

So you can legally pat them down too?
That could be hilarious :yesnod:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleWoodsCall
own it
 User Gallery

Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #6588824 - 02/20/07 08:40 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

A manager tackled a guy who stole about 30 packs of razorblades and kneed him in the nuts in front of many customers. The dude straight shat himself. Security made him sit in the main office in his shit-soaked pants until the local men in blue arrived. The chair he sat in was subsequently thrown in the dumpster.

--------------------
Live free or die.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: WoodsCall]
    #6588827 - 02/20/07 08:41 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

WoodsCall said:
A manager tackled a guy who stole about 30 packs of razorblades and kneed him in the nuts in front of many customers.  The dude straight shat himself.  Security made him sit in the main office in his shit-soaked pants until the local men in blue arrived.  The chair he sat in was subsequently thrown in the dumpster.

:rofl2:

Thanks for that

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

Invisiblelearning_byte
click here
 User Gallery

#6588992 - 02/20/07 10:34 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Stealing is an art and props to the people that can do it and go away with it all the time. Besides stealing from a big corporation is not bad, only politically incorrect.

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: learning_byte]
    #6589009 - 02/20/07 10:46 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

learning_byte said:
Stealing is an art and props to the people that can do it and go away with it all the time. Besides stealing from a big corporation is not bad, only politically incorrect.

:rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #6589029 - 02/20/07 10:53 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

WhiskeyClone said:
#1 - Mach 3 razor blades

I just bought a pack of 4 Venus Divine blades for $13 at Wal-Mart and when I got home and opened it, there were only 3 inside.  :crankey:

I paid my money for quality blades... I wanted ALL OF THEM.

--------------------

OfflineIrdamage
Autobot

Loc: Canada
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: CherryBom]
    #6589073 - 02/20/07 11:11 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

A buddy of mine got a mis-demenor and assault charge against him for "assaulting" a mall security gaurd who stopped him because he thought he stole something from an HMV. He's a big native guy who obviously kinda fitts the general description of a shoplifter. We were in high school coming back from the mall from lunch and the gaurd grabbed his arm by the shoulder (like cops do when there trying to lift a handcuffed suspect from the ground). Wasnt too smart, he got his ass kicked royally while people were freaking out and workers in the stores all started calling the cops. Finally the police came and took him in.

A week later he told me about how he tried to use the self defense tactic that he had done nothing wrong and a security gaurd assaulted and harassed him, However he still got the charges for doing it while on the mall property. :S what a fucked up world.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#6589075 - 02/20/07 11:11 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

WoodsCall said:
Am I going to be the first to say the admitted shoplifters in this thread are absolute scum?  I guess the ones who get away with it are smart, but they're still selfish bitches who can't grasp the idea of WORKING for what they WANT.  Christ.

gimmegimmegimme 

And it's amazing how many people steal meat.  Who wouldn't love to have a bloody roast dripping down his legs?  :tongue:

Thats an unpopular opinion WoodsCall.

Think of it with Robin-hood-esque nobility - Stealing from the rich, to give to the poor. Its a rejection of western globalized consumer values which we cherish unquestioningly.

NEVER EVER steal from the individual, or the individuals business - but from a multi national corporation that is decentralizing communities, lowering the poverty wage, and in general fucking the individual/community/competition with its prescense - well.. i just fail to see how it's wrong.

(this is comming from someone who doesn't have the balls to steal!)

However, i am a reader of progressive anarchist politico shit ala. crimethinc. and have lived with many of those that live the lifestyle.

Im just wondering why its wrong to steal from walmart? My friend makes bank pulling receipt scams on the same big box stores constantly, free food at many restaurants, etc.

Its not taking wages from the workers? Its infact not hurting anyone..

Mr. WoodsCall - it seems you are viewing the corporation as if they were an individual, which they are not.

THEFT does not hurt them - and if your arguing on a moral basis - you have been mislead by the social values you've taken for granted. (i know the type.)

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: CherryBom]
    #6589112 - 02/20/07 11:24 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CherryBom said:
Quote:

WhiskeyClone said:
#1 - Mach 3 razor blades

I just bought a pack of 4 Venus Divine blades for $13 at Wal-Mart and when I got home and opened it, there were only 3 inside.  :crankey:

I paid my money for quality blades... I wanted ALL OF THEM.

Take them back!  They're brutally expensive to begin with. I'm :crankey: for you.

--------------------

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! *DELETED* [Re: PDU]
    #6589117 - 02/20/07 11:25 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Ferris

--------------------

Discuss Politics

OfflineIrdamage
Autobot

Loc: Canada
    #6589159 - 02/20/07 11:39 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ferris said:
Why do we even allow these stores to exist in a developed country?

You tell me where I can find paintballs, fish food, and garden materials all in one place :wink:.

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #6589461 - 02/20/07 01:43 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

S_2 said:

Also, what would the corporation rather have? A $5 product loss on a steak, or the bad press of someone getting shanked in broad daylight over a piece of meat?

This is why Barnes and Noble is the best place to steal from (not that i steal anymore) When I worked there, they had NO security (no cameras, guards, alarms), and they aren't aloud to do anything if they see anyone stealing. Employee theft there is rampant. I have two friends that are currently managers at Barnes and Noble and their stores they don't do anything about theft either. And books are so fucking expensive. I stole so much shit when I worked there because I was young and whiley, and annoyed at my low pay.

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Offlineitsdatpurp
Stranger
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: Jenny]
    #6589473 - 02/20/07 01:49 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

someone stole MY meat once. i have been lost without it ever since. where are you meat...where are you? :mrt:

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: itsdatpurp]
    #6589495 - 02/20/07 01:59 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I have been in the freezer section and seen females hiding meat under their own kids clothes. This guy ran past me with a set of golf clubs at big 5 one time, and right out the door- hahaha.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: Civ]
    #6589571 - 02/20/07 02:28 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

How do you feel about stealing from a church ?

--------------------

Edited by Brainiac (02/20/07 02:29 PM)

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#6589596 - 02/20/07 02:34 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

PDU said:

Think of it with Robin-hood-esque nobility - Stealing from the rich, to give to the poor. Its a rejection of western globalized consumer values which we cherish unquestioningly.

well.. i just fail to see how it's wrong.

Do you really want every individual to decide for themselves who is an acceptable target for their crime? Stealing is a crime, regardless of moral implications.

To call a person 'noble' for jacking stuff they didn't earn, regardless of the target.. that's fucking ridiculous. Is it okay to mug someone because you believe they are a bad person? Is it ok to kick someone in the nuts because they work for a tobacco company?

Anarchy doesn't help anyone except the most evil and selfish.

--------------------

OfflineRylmonkey
Former Master ofThe RX-7
Male

Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: Brainiac]
    #6589638 - 02/20/07 02:49 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

LOL it always amazings me how many different technics there are to stealing shit, I don't respect people that steal from other people. person against corporation is the best. jdirty is by far the badass here, I'm gonna have to try that. I remember when I was in HS we practically made a business of stealing games from the local Blockbuster. You know how there are 2 doors to get into the store and you can't reopen those doors once closed, well one person would lay down and keep the 2 doors open at the same time while the other would grab like 10 games or movies and walk right out the entrance door. no alarms or nothin, then we would sell them in school for 1/2 off. I think 1 year we made 3g's profit. Then we all started selling weed. Good shit.

My ritual when I go buy food in S&S is to slip a nice packet of smoked salmon down my shirt, man i love that shit.

Invisiblesupercollider
superconducting

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Waxahachie
    #6589725 - 02/20/07 03:10 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

WoodsCall said:

gimmegimmegimme 

I missed this post the first time I read this thread, and I was getting pretty annoyed at how everyone seems to condone theft. Thank you Woodscall for calling these people out on their petty selfishness.

Stealing is never okay, not even from big corporations. Any time you steal, you hurt a real person who cares, whether it's a CEO, a stockholder, or a fellow shopper who now has to pay higher prices to cover the cost of what you ripped off. You thieves are rationalizing your selfishness, and doing a pretty crappy job of it.

--------------------
Supercollider? I just met her!

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: supercollider]
    #6589731 - 02/20/07 03:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

What about intellectual property?

InvisibleWoodsCall
own it
 User Gallery

#6589782 - 02/20/07 03:21 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

It may be an unpopular opinion but that bothers me the least.  What I really don't understand is why people feel the urge to upset the system by petty means. 

Seriously, whatever happened to vocal activism and reformation?  That's really what gets the ball rolling in these situations. 

Awwww, are the big corporations treating you unfairly by overcharging you and underpaying its workers?  Then start your own business.  Become educated.  Build your own computers.  Grow your own produce.  Make your own clothes.  Stop being lazy.  It IS hurting others. 
Maybe I am just riding a moral high-horse :rolleyes:

Maybe not.

--------------------
Live free or die.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
    #6589791 - 02/20/07 03:23 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

no, I agree. Fuck thieves. You can attempt to justify any crime, but in the end, somebody is eating that loss

Invisiblesupercollider
superconducting

Folding@home Statistics
    #6589794 - 02/20/07 03:23 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I call bullshit on that. First, people who have computers and can post on the Shroomery are not poor, and don't deserve to get anything for free. Second, this Western consumer culture has given you and your friends almost everything they've ever had. If that culture were to reject THEM, they would find themselves without gas, electricity, money, or any mass-produced goods whatsoever, and they would be crying to get back in.

And if you think I sound like a rich fat capitalist, you're wrong. I've been unemployed for a year and a half now. I've got no love for Wal-Mart, and you know what I do about it? I simply don't shop there. But I don't weigh down the economic system with my unproductive lazy ass, and I don't deprive real people of the money they've earned.

--------------------

Invisiblesupercollider
superconducting

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: Boom]
    #6589813 - 02/20/07 03:26 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Booooom said:

uh oh, Boom knows I'm the man with the Oink hookups. :smile:
I'll explain my stance on piracy and why it's a completely different thing from physical theft if another thread comes up on it, but I don't want to derail this one.

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: Boom]
    #6589821 - 02/20/07 03:28 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Booooom said:

Put that can of worms back of the shelf, boy. :mad:

--------------------

InvisibleWoodsCall
own it
 User Gallery

Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: supercollider]
    #6589844 - 02/20/07 03:35 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

supercollider said:
Quote:

I call bullshit on that. First, people who have computers and can post on the Shroomery are not poor, and don't deserve to get anything for free. Second, this Western consumer culture has given you and your friends almost everything they've ever had. If that culture were to reject THEM, they would find themselves without gas, electricity, money, or any mass-produced goods whatsoever, and they would be crying to get back in.

And if you think I sound like a rich fat capitalist, you're wrong. I've been unemployed for a year and a half now. I've got no love for Wal-Mart, and you know what I do about it? I simply don't shop there. But I don't weigh down the economic system with my unproductive lazy ass, and I don't deprive real people of the money they've earned.

Well said, supercollider :congrats:

Now why'd you have to move away from my area?  I was just getting settled in here and thinking about hitting you up with a pm, and whoooosh, you're gone :frown:

--------------------
Live free or die.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
    #6589850 - 02/20/07 03:37 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

WhiskeyClone said:
Quote:

Booooom said:

Uh oh, the noble don't steal stuff people haven't bought a CD or movie in years! :lol:

OfflineJunkFood
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: NYC
    #6590076 - 02/20/07 04:28 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

S_2 said:

But stores have the right to detain you...if they didn't then expensive jewlery stores wouldn't be allowed to have those locking doors where they buzz you in and out.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: JunkFood]
    #6590101 - 02/20/07 04:36 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I think this has already been discussed thoroughly here before, but not matter which way you spin it it's not cool to steal.

--------------------
!

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: JunkFood]
    #6590123 - 02/20/07 04:41 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JunkFood said:
Quote:

S_2 said:

But stores have the right to detain you...if they didn't then expensive jewlery stores wouldn't be allowed to have those locking doors where they buzz you in and out.

They may be able to hold you until the police come but they don't have the right to search you.

I used to work for Wal-Mart and they had a strict policy. If the buzzer went off and they called you back and you willingly came back they can run their little gun (forgot the actual name) to see if it goes off. If it does they will ask you to empty your pockets or show whats in your bags. If you refuse they will call the police. However if you make it past the first exit door, then past the second one, they cannot pursue you in the parking lot. All they can do is call the police and let them deal with it.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6590142 - 02/20/07 04:45 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i only read the inital post but thats BS.. they dont actually use security devices on meat and shit.. Loss Prevention guys are giving a beeper they can press to set off the security detectors as you walk out.. and thats what they do.

dont you think its ironic how when they catch a shop lifter.. there is already a loss prevention guy in plain clothes near-by?

ive worked for chains including Giant Eagle, Sears, Krogers, and Best Buy.. now this doesnt go for all merchandise, but for certain things.

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: Banez]
    #6590146 - 02/20/07 04:47 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I've never heard of them putting security devices on any food.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #6590153 - 02/20/07 04:48 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, when we me and my buddy used to have our own apartment and were really strapped for cash we used to steal steak and shit all the time.. bread, cheese, whatever we needed... it was either that or go hungry... and fuck big corporations.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#6590162 - 02/20/07 04:50 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

PDU said:
we all violate our on rights by taking drugs?

seems we'd be excersizing our rights by putting int our bodies what we deem fit

Quote:

Its not that big a deal, is all im saying.

isn't it? I mean a few years ago it took a security officer watching you stick
something in your pocket and head for the door, then came the theft prevention
devices, simple enough except they sometimes dont get removed or deactivated
so you have to whip out your recipt and they check your shit, now you have
stores like walmart that treat you like a thief just because you purchased
something too large for a bag or even just at random they want to check you over
well, we as a society are being conditioned to accept this sort of thing

in this state, it's simple, they have to catch you between the registers and the
door, to detain you they have to arrest you (citizens arrest) and call for the
cops to make the arrest official, the security officer doesn't have the power
to preform a search, the cops do, they'll do the search and wont arrest you if
you are clean liability now falls on the store.

Quote:

If it happened to you, would you be taking them to court?

yes, everyone is entitled to a mistake, a second would land them in court

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: Banez]
    #6590167 - 02/20/07 04:52 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Banez said:
fuck big corporations.

nickle and dimeing them isnt fucking them, it's the big suits that tell them to get fucked

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
    #6590169 - 02/20/07 04:52 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Some places DO put those things on the meat

http://www.packworld.com/view-18468

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6590171 - 02/20/07 04:53 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

yeah but not giving them any of my money is really the most i can do to "stick it to the man".. and im content with that.. i love supporting my local stores.. even if they are a little more expensive at times.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#6590179 - 02/20/07 04:55 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

y0u can wander around walmart looking suspicious, they detain you and you sue

loads of lawyers will do it on a contingent

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
    #6590187 - 02/20/07 04:57 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

That shit is sneaky!

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6590210 - 02/20/07 05:04 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

thatd be hysterical.. they arent allowed to detain you until they physically see you shoplift though, right?

--------------------

InvisibleIndividual
Bass Addict
Male User Gallery

Loc: Reality Loophole
    #6590437 - 02/20/07 06:00 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Stealing is bad. I used to steal expensive clothes from Finland. Got busted two times. Once I had to stay in prison for 24 other time for 48 hours in single cell. Now I own Finlands government I don't even know how many hundreds of euros. 
On that period I stoled a lot. Almost everyday for more than $15. Now I haven't stolen a thing about an year. I can't steel anymore. I can't even imagine how I was able to steal so much without feeling any fear of getting busted :shrug: .

--------------------
THE PHILOSOPHY OF LIBERTY <---                                               

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#6590505 - 02/20/07 06:17 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Banez said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

thatd be hysterical.. they arent allowed to detain you until they physically see you shoplift though, right?

generaly they arent allowed to physically detain you unless you pose a threat or
they have placed you under arrest, it's a citizens arrest, they really are done.

Offlinejohnjohnson
Stranger

#6590784 - 02/20/07 07:23 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

he should have ran

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: johnjohnson]
    #6590801 - 02/20/07 07:28 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

johnjohnson said:
he should have ran

exactly, they arent allowed to physically touch you or impede you leaving.. and they def cant follow you once you are off the stores premises.

i guess they could review the security tapes and get your license plate number though.

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#6591015 - 02/20/07 08:05 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

supercollider and WoodsCall -

I hear what you guys are saying totally. I do not steal, and do not feel its my right to steal, However, if a mother who works, has 2 kids and a deadbeat dad - steals spices or whatever from Walmart, im not on a moral high horse about that.

Its not something that really concerns me i guess. Props to my best friend for conning the corporations into getting free pot growing supplies, mushroom growing supplies, Solar Panels, inverters, stereos, electronics, etc.

I've always been straight up. I like supporting local businesses and buying local or at least Canadian products when i can (especially food). I pride myself on my ability to pay for everything i have, and need, and on my ability to shop consciously and wisely. <-- Just to be clear!

Ok, fine, so stealing from walmart effects its stockholders? - are you really concerned with the profits of WALMARTS stockholders?

Ok fine, if you are... Im not, and dont think its wrong to steal from walmart. Walmart has done the world more harm than good in my opinion with their globalized big box strategic marketplace, They standardize individual market places, etc.

Anyways, whatever, we have different ideologies. Props to the kid who steals from walmart!

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! *DELETED* [Re: PDU]
    #6591126 - 02/20/07 08:26 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Ferris

--------------------

Discuss Politics

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
    #6591167 - 02/20/07 08:33 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

The real thieves are also the shoplifters

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#6591265 - 02/20/07 08:57 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

and the file sharers.

and the ceo's.

the crackheads, and the meth heads.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
    #6591347 - 02/20/07 09:14 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

supercollider said:
Second, this Western consumer culture has given you and your friends almost everything they've ever had.

Given? no. It was sold to them at vastly inflated prices.

Thus your whole argument is flawed.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

Invisiblesupercollider
superconducting

Folding@home Statistics
    #6591633 - 02/20/07 10:08 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Vastly inflated prices? Not really. People wouldn't be able to afford most of what they have if it wasn't for the economies of scale that come from LARGE manufacturing, distribution, and retail companies. The few times I've been in a Wal-Mart, I've been amazed at how low the prices were. Inflation adjusted, the average income can buy more today than it ever has before.

--------------------

InvisiblecApTaInCrAp
Delightfullyexcellent
 User Gallery

#6591660 - 02/20/07 10:13 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Would have sucked if you had cannabis on ya, a free pat down.

--------------------
"...Terrific, im glad we've had this time to discuss..im outro, call me if you wanna blaze one up.."

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
    #6591938 - 02/20/07 11:03 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

supercollider said:
Vastly inflated prices? Not really. People wouldn't be able to afford most of what they have if it wasn't for the economies of scale that come from LARGE manufacturing, distribution, and retail companies. The few times I've been in a Wal-Mart, I've been amazed at how low the prices were.  Inflation adjusted, the average income can buy more today than it ever has before.

:thumbup::thumbup:  Excellent point.

You think PS3's are expensive? Imagine they weren't mass produced.... how much would it cost you to commission Sony to make you one?  Heh.

How much would a pineapple be from a 'mom and pop' grocer, if they wouldn't have giant transport ships, and 18 wheelers to import and distribute them across the country every single day?

Todays modern countries are living in extreme convenience, we have things today that only the wealthiest people had a few decades ago, and more.  To argue this is completely retarded.

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: RuNE]
    #6592799 - 02/21/07 05:57 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Corporations certainly serve there place, but they Still suck!!!

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#6592896 - 02/21/07 07:05 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Booooom said:
Quote:

WhiskeyClone said:
Quote:

Booooom said:

Uh oh, the noble don't steal stuff people haven't bought a CD or movie in years! :lol:

Haha I do still buy CDs (although I know I'm in the minority), but I just meant that the intellectual property debate is a whole other thread.  This one is about shoplifting.

--------------------

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! *DELETED* [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #6593494 - 02/21/07 11:41 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Ferris

--------------------

Discuss Politics

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#6593501 - 02/21/07 11:42 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Nooooooooo

--------------------

Offlinestainer711
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8658212 - 07/20/08 09:43 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I shoplifted once when I was like three.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: jdirty]
    #8658240 - 07/20/08 09:50 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

jdirty said:
Has anyone positively identified a sticker on a package of meat? 

Yes

--------------------

:murray:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: stainer711]
    #8658264 - 07/20/08 09:58 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you for this ridiculous bump of an old-ass topic to add nothing of substance.

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: Witnessed A Guy Get Busted For Shoplifting Tonight! Supermarkets Are Smart! [Re: stainer711]
    #8658268 - 07/20/08 10:01 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

OfflineLndrydusting
Forever new. . .
Female User Gallery

#8658287 - 07/20/08 10:13 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Since someone brought this back up...
Quote:

Banez said:
i only read the inital post but thats BS.. they dont actually use security devices on meat and shit.. Loss Prevention guys are giving a beeper they can press to set off the security detectors as you walk out.. and thats what they do.

dont you think its ironic how when they catch a shop lifter.. there is already a loss prevention guy in plain clothes near-by?

ive worked for chains including Giant Eagle, Sears, Krogers, and Best Buy.. now this doesnt go for all merchandise, but for certain things.

Quote:

One thing I find very odd is it was on meat. Every store I've ever been in has never had inventory control stickers on meat, especially steaks, because they get cut and packaged at the store, not from a remote manufacturing facility. The stickers cost the manuf. thats why everything dont have one. But steak? Has anyone positively identified a sticker on a package of meat? I dont see how this can even be possible with USDA regulations and food safety laws.

I worked at shaws for 5 months and Im sorry to say guys that they do use security stickers for meat. They hide them under the label or on the top or bottom of the package. They only do this for meats over $10 or $15 though. Around christmas time they sell racks of beef ribs that cost like $50 and the alarm went off all the time. They can't follow you though if you walk out the door. Someone stole a frige from home depot and all they could do was get his license plate down and call the cops.

Edited by Lndrydusting (07/20/08 10:15 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags