Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinequack180
journeyman
Loc: new england
Whos the man in the white van?
    #566403 - 02/28/02 11:01 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Heres something that didnt happen today or ever-

A little shack in little nowhere-town. Some personal herbs being grown (six), just chillen. This shack has been doing its thing for a few months now, but just today a white van w/ two unknowns was spotted by one of the shack-inhabitants... The van was said to have drove by the house and shack VERY slowly, proceeded down the road, turned around, made a complete stop and one of the unknowns in the van took a few pictures and left. Spooky. The healthy herbs were then sadly disposed of (not worth the risk). it has now been almost 12 hours since the strange occurence. can someone PLEASE give me some lead as to WHO this was, and HOW they would have had any leads towards the shack? there is usualy not much traffic in or out of the area. just a regualr happy neighborhood home with a shed. nosey neighbors? tapped phones? what???

--------------------
weed is for smoking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAzulAgave
Re: Whos the man in the white van? [Re: quack180]
    #566453 - 03/01/02 12:10 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Wow that is weird. Just yesterday someone was out in front of my place in an SUV with a camera taking pictures. I walked and watched them. Not too many white people in my neighborhood willing to get out of nice SUV's and start taking pictures. Time to fold shop and just read posts anonymously.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #566813 - 03/01/02 11:26 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

My guess would be kids found it while playing and told mommy, or they picked up its heat signature with FLIR 'cause of all those damn lights. Unless of course, the shack is topless in which case anybody flying over could have looked in to see what was there. I have seen them drive around before with a van mounted FLIR (forward looking infrared, detects heat) camera looking through peoples walls for "hot spots". Recently the supreme court said this is a no-no, I think (unreasonable search).

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #658715 - 06/02/02 08:07 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

A white van?

It was THEM.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #658723 - 06/02/02 08:13 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Hey, I think it was ed mcman...
next time, be at home.

Offlinecrazyman
Brass or Steel

Loc: chucktown
Re: Whos the man in the white van? [Re: Seuss]
    #668780 - 06/08/02 10:54 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

FLIR's or any type of thermal imaging device DO NOT "see" through walls, they can't....A common misconception. They detect heat radiating off of a wall's or roof's SURFACE. Just thought I'd set the record straight

--------------------
I want to live in Northern Exposure. Ed Chigliak would be my pal.

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #677411 - 06/13/02 08:42 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

thermal image photos are now illegal with out a search warrant. White vans I see them all the time, but if it is truely in the middle of nowhere then its very odd. As far as pics being taken close up shop and take a year off or two. I never noticed survalience going on but sure noticed cops talking to my next door neighbors. I really dont think cops are that stupid or sloppy to do it so obviously but what the hell do I know Im not on there team. It depends on how much was going on there and how social people were on the survelience issue. Usually they hit as fast as they find out to make sure its still there unless they suspect you are doing more then you are or if your part of a community. Then they might take the time to watch but dont expect to see them watching cause cops are lazy they rather not be there and announce there presence. They will just watch the phone and maybe a computer. Do you know the neighbors because they rather have someone else do the spying? Ask your nieghbors if they have been talked to. They had my nieghbors watching my ass 24/7. But then I lived around a bunch of older and retired people who had nothing better to do with there time. Well either way its just not worth it, grow for personal nothing more and make your money doing something a little more low key(no electricity, no smell, no heat). Even then watch your ass and never talk to anyone. Also did they come on to the property because that means they probably already have a warrant. If they were off property they could have just been trying to amass evidence. Either way fuck it its over nothings there and they lost, no crime proved and lots of there money(actually ours the tax payers) wasted along with there time. Something as petty as growing herb they cant afford to keep watching because there is so much other shit going on and there is always somebody else out there who they can catch. Just stay on your toes and dont do anything stupid.

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: quack180]
    #678178 - 06/14/02 09:41 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#686746 - 06/18/02 06:02 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I saw a white van drive by my friends house the other day when we were out in the driveway chillin, then he passed and A bunch of wood and stuff inside the van, and he had a bumper sticker that said "Got Wood?" ... I'm guessing he was just a capenter. The bumper sticker made me crack up though, good stuff.

As far as weed gos... Like Moe Said, who did you tell? Are the plants near a window? Are they accessable?

-Gumby

OfflineTeiro
Earth Entitie
Loc: A Sunny Beach in a Tropic...
    #707440 - 06/28/02 08:13 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Dude, did you speak to anybody about it?
If your telephone has a wire tap, would you had said something suggesting anything illegal?
Do you walk with elements that are know not to be a good company?

If not, dont worry.

--------------------
Life does not have to be necessarily long. It just has to be good. Be wise. Peace, Love, Flower Power.

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Whos the man in the white van? [Re: Macey Howard]
    #709931 - 06/28/02 10:51 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

"act as if someone always is watching"

sound advice

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Offlinevader
journeyman
    #755867 - 07/18/02 08:54 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If the house you live in was bought or sold in the last 2 years, there is a good chance those are property apraisers taking pictures of it. The take pictures of serveral houses of similar size and characteristics within a few block radius when apraising house.

InvisibleSumGuy
addict

#765066 - 07/21/02 03:44 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

about this even't .. it's a good thing this didn't even happen because growing herbs even for personal is illigal... and mushrooms

--------------------
-SumGuy :cool:

OfflineOceanStarr
Gonecrazy...Backsoon!

Re: Whos the man in the white van? [Re: AzulAgave]
    #781387 - 07/28/02 03:22 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If it were me, I would have boldly walked right up to them and asked what the hell they were doing. Oh, and then start talking about turkey hunting of something stupid....ramble on and on......they won't be back that's for sure.
P.S. works for telemarketers too!

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

Re: Whos the man in the white van? [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #786446 - 07/30/02 01:05 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

hahaha thats awesome man

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#786459 - 07/30/02 01:12 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Did you buy seeds from a seed vendor ??? I don't trust any of them.

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

Re: Whos the man in the white van? [Re: Macey Howard]
    #786474 - 07/30/02 01:17 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I'm really surprised noone has mentioned smell. Pot plants can smell ALOT.....
If you live next to someone be very careful.........

Offlinechemalien
Stuper
Male

Re: Whos the man in the white van? [Re: dilatedcreature]
    #9575560 - 01/09/09 04:34 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Loose Lips dude.....Queep it Quiet!!!shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!  ...er... what?!!

--------------------
BEWARE OF GOD

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Whos the man in the white van? [Re: chemalien]
    #9575572 - 01/09/09 04:47 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

> #786474 - 07/30/02
> #9575560 - 01/09/09

What was the point of digging up a thread from seven years ago?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: Whos the man in the white van? [Re: Seuss]
    #9579880 - 01/09/09 09:32 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I was just about to respond to sumguy. He was the first person to flame me on the Shroomery. Apparently I said something "retarded" in Mush Cult.

:dumblol:

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds