Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
Resurgam -grow log- (including "Fluoros "PAR" Excellence?")
    #6584627 - 02/19/07 09:15 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I think I know sufficient about the causes of my failure to start again having addressed most of the issues concerned. A U.K headsite owner (recently chucked off Nochex's books for being...well..a headshop) was nice enough enough to double-prioritise the delivery so that I could get my lunar planting rescheduled (both grows were started on the new moon). I have put in larger vents and another heater, "plugged" in two new hooks in the wardrobe ceiling (above the shelf from which I will suspend the lights and under which I am siting my frost-protectors for the first stages of the grow) and provided ceiling fittings for both frost protectors also.
A word of Warning many wardrobe doors are made of compacted fibre-board this material is (I gather) highly carcinogenic -it certainly fucked my lungs up- so use a mask then use some mask-ing tape to seal the hole and avoid particles getting on to the growth medium and plants.*
I have recently bought both frost protectors and my new quartz heater** from suppliers of Chinese made kit. Don't tell me "Communism ain't working" because this stuff is both value for money and solid quality, I believe the new "Cloakroom De-humidifiers" marketed by "B&Q" may also be one of their's (another word of warning however, stock from these suppliers has a habit of disappearing from the shelves and not returning if demand is insufficient first time out -that's Capitalism for you comrades-).

S

*I vacuum it out and "breathe" the room eventually, see later post.

**Hhhhm..heating quartz? I broke mine.

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

Edited by Silverwolf (06/25/07 03:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: Resurgam ? (Grow Log) [Re: Silverwolf]
    #6584701 - 02/19/07 09:55 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

whats all this then?
seems you are growing some kinda plant in some kinda setup.
all of this seems to have some kinda background political, medical, or astrological meaning.

hmm, good luck :smile:

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
Re: Resurgam ? (Grow Log) [Re: Mitchnast]
    #6584755 - 02/19/07 10:21 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i want some of wotever it is that he is smoking...

--------------------
View My Gallery

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

#6584778 - 02/19/07 10:31 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Looks like a good start? I think.

I often ponder converting this huge armour(spelling?)wardrobe type thing into a grow chamber..........

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: Resurgam ? (Grow Log) [Re: Schwip]
    #6584926 - 02/19/07 11:35 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Should do fine (now), although I hope to purpose build in the living room eventually so that I can hang my clothes somewhere other than my now overcrowded airing cupboard. How many plants can one realistically get (inc. SOG) in a 0.555 m2 box (it is at least nearly 3m tall)?

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6620202 - 02/28/07 12:26 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Silverwolf said:
Should do fine (now), although I hope to purpose build in the living room eventually so that I can hang my clothes somewhere other than my now overcrowded airing cupboard. How many plants can one realistically get (inc. SOG) in a 0.555 m2 box (it is at least nearly 3m tall)?

For those of you who thought I must be crazy the answer is about eight given the S.O.G requirement of about one square foot per-plant.

That said to my point, I Dysoned (vacuumed) out the paper honeycomb between the door panels, wearing a mask and goggles (on and off) and with my windows open and air-extractors on today. This fiber-board is incredibly nasty and pernicious stuff, it becomes invisible as particles (never drill lots of it!), burns young plants and settles in the lungs where I believe it starts to culture on lung tissue. Holy Shit someone should tell people! So I will post a useful safe removal method...once I've got my breath back.

--------------------
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.

Edited by Silverwolf (02/28/07 12:27 PM)

Offlinecactigrower
The Nice Guy
Male

#6620628 - 02/28/07 02:17 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

the setup is looking really nice and very smart:thumbup:Keep the good work going and keep us updated with it:grin: also what strain you growing?

Keep the good work going;)

OfflineSpire
Mycophagous

Re: Resurgam ? (Grow Log) [Re: cactigrower]
    #6622579 - 02/28/07 11:02 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Man, Yes!

Keep doing whatever you're doing.

Ive been dying laughing here :stoned:

:heart::mushroom2::thumbup:

--------------------
Old Member, New Name.

One makes "good luck".
With the ability to recognize a good opportunity.
Then, to exploit it.
-SixTango/Agar

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: Resurgam ? (Grow Log) [Re: Spire]
    #6633428 - 03/04/07 02:45 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Spire said:
Man, Yes!

Keep doing whatever you're doing.

Ive been dying laughing here :stoned:

:heart::mushroom2::thumbup:

...and what is the cause of your hilarity?

--------------------
"Arafel."

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6633456 - 03/04/07 03:12 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cactigrower said:
the setup is looking really nice and very smart:thumbup:Keep the good work going and keep us updated with it:grin: also what strain you growing?

Keep the good work going;)

These are F1 hybrids from land race strains (in this case genetics from Himachal Pradesh and North India). So far I would say watch out they like higher germination temperatures than most and can stand (given enough airflow) temperatures up to 38c. She may be a "Speed Queen" (flowering period 50-55 days) but she's not the easiest of these guys strains to grow.

I have lots of pics from the company's site but they won't upload. Can I give a link to the site moderator?

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (05/01/07 05:39 PM)

Offlinecactigrower
The Nice Guy
Male

#6633878 - 03/04/07 09:33 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

they are looking ok so far:thumbup:,how old are they? whats the smoke like(if you've ever tried it)?

keep us updated;)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6644351 - 03/07/07 05:31 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Here we go!

--------------------
"Arafel."

Offlinecactigrower
The Nice Guy
Male

#6655060 - 03/10/07 07:10 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

any more pics??

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6672547 - 03/15/07 12:15 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cactigrower said:
any more pics??

:matrix2: Man this stuff is dangerous...oh shittttt...oooh ccraaaaap!!!

:shitstorm:

--------------------
"Arafel."

Invisibleshriek

#6672574 - 03/15/07 12:19 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

looking good so far :smile:

man now i wanna grow cannabis too, i have some lowryder #2 seeds here, maybe i shouold just go and plant one :laugh:

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Re: Resurgam ? (Grow Log) [Re: shriek]
    #6672819 - 03/15/07 01:17 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shriek said:
i have some lowryder #2 seeds here, maybe i shouold just go and plant one :laugh:

as opposed to just looking at them?

--------------------
View My Gallery

Invisibleshriek

Re: Resurgam ? (Grow Log) [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #6672962 - 03/15/07 01:55 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

lol no i was actually just waiting for better weather , they are for a outdoor grow, but i planted one seed today indoors as well.

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Re: Resurgam ? (Grow Log) [Re: shriek]
    #6673033 - 03/15/07 02:13 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

:hehehe:
at least they are easy to hide!

silverwolf: your plants are lookin good :thumbup:

--------------------
View My Gallery

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6699087 - 03/22/07 12:02 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

Better now and ready to pop! However you will note the nutrient deficiency (Nitrogen) in some. I am currently putting this down to original inimical toxin impaction (fibre board adhesive) and slightly smaller pots (on the worst affected). I have been liquid feeding Organic Seaweed Solution and powdered bat guano trying to "pump" the nutes in before I go to flower.

--------------------
"Arafel."

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6713797 - 03/26/07 06:19 PM (17 years, 25 days ago)

Letter to the Editor

Hi Guys!
My second lot of seeds went to flower yesterday -I've had alot of problems with fibre board adhesive, for a full report go to www.shroomery.org "the Ethnobotanical Garden" Forum and search for "Resurgam"? (grow log) by Silverwolf-. I did not use powdered bat guano in the soil of the larger pots following advice -a mistake possibly although the smaller pots seemed to be suffering worse (at first)- instead providing it as "tea" with pure Organic Seaweed Solution (no additives). I ph adjust my spring water with Organic Apple Cider vinegar and foliar fed with Organic Seaweed Solution on the two consecutive nights before going to flower. You cannot see it with the resolution restriction of a small digi-cam but some of the leaves on my largest plant show some "brown spotting" too, panicking I have added some powdered guano to the trays and gave the largest plant a little shot of "Earth Juice (Bloom)" today. Restricted for space I was forced to veg three of the nine that took in smaller pots, however I have gone to flower early and hope to transplant them as soon as they are sexed. This is still essentially my first grow and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Do I have Iron or Magnesium deficiency guys? Any help etc. know any good curatives sil vous pleas?

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (03/26/07 06:21 PM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6713859 - 03/26/07 06:39 PM (17 years, 25 days ago)

Oh yeah, on the fibre board adhesive question -you really seriously do not want to breathe this stuff!- the trick must be this -having experimented as I gained familiarity with the substance (don't ask)-, as follows; "Minimise any sawing or drilling, score the area with a sharp knife -nice and deep- several times, then see if you can insert a blade and gradually enlarge the hole -this stuff has a paper honeycomb between two layers of fibre board-, chances are you will only be able to cut one side at a time so using as tough and sharp a blade as possible -not serrated if you can help it, use a "BOA Versa" type saw if you must- and -as for all procedures involving this crap wear a mask (at least)- cut/saw your way through -keep any drilling to an absolute minimum and ventilate-. If you cannot get through however score as deeply as you can before attempting to punch the stuff through -whilst also attempting not to split the veneer and give the game away-. Once you have done this use a good vacuum cleaner and get rid of the stuff!, especially inside the door."

:eek:

...finished result -don't do it how I did it though-.

S

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (03/26/07 07:02 PM)

Offlineentheodome
Stranger
Male

Loc: http://www.shroomery.org/...
    #6713949 - 03/26/07 07:15 PM (17 years, 25 days ago)

any land race sativa from india has very thin leaves.those are nice healthy indica plants.they look more like they would be from the kush mountain region of the middle east if a true land race of any kind.go get some botanicare calcium mag. already for defeciency.if you need any help hit me up.

--------------------
when you become one with nature,nature becomes one with you.if you never try it you will never know the truth!

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: Resurgam ? (Grow Log) [Re: entheodome]
    #6714921 - 03/26/07 11:09 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

Not all of them, I shall quote you from an old Mel Frank book when I'm around again.
Think I'll use Epsom Salts for now ("Nirvana" do a Boron, Iron and Magnesium supplement for 8 Euros online but I'm skint). Thanks for the help..I shall return....

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (03/26/07 11:15 PM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6741430 - 04/03/07 08:45 AM (17 years, 17 days ago)

Bad advice dude!
Someone told me not to use powdered bat guano because "they take it up too swift" so I went to using "tea" only but I don't think there is really any comparison between trying to stuff nitrogen in when watering and providing it in powdered form in the compost. Bad news when you want a swift vegging plant (these can go to flower at 6 inches, according to the breeder) to pick up it's nutes quickly. O.K so I had an inimical toxin impaction and the plants in the smaller pots turned the colour below even though I did sprinkle bat guano over the perlite at the bottom for those. Any help or advice gratefully received...

My first lot came up fine, swiftly and together, however;
1. The airflow was less.
2. I germinated under 400w the first time but I started with 200w in more airflow the second.
3. I used a moisture retentive nutrient added compost in coir pots the first time but reduced the added nutrient content considerably with a "less active" peat free compost regime in large pots the second.
4. Inimical toxin impaction.
As a result gremination was staggered the first time and as I have discovered you really want all plants "up together" first time out in the same size pots and medium in order to be able to judge the grow (and just over 0.5m sq is a very small space to grow in). Flouros are variable due to the proximity of placement also and plants to the side stretch whilst that those directly underneath grow swiftly and burn nutrients (my edge plants show little sign of nutrient deficiency).

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (04/03/07 08:53 AM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6741453 - 04/03/07 08:57 AM (17 years, 17 days ago)

From "Grow Probs" by Unseenat17...
"P.H (sorry P.S) When using powdered feed (don't smirk) should you adjust according to the ph values of the feed (which isn't given of-course -I was talking about this re. composts months ago-)? Also I was advised to take the ph down to 5.5 in soil however I read...
"Solution - First, check the pH, and adjust if necessary. The correct pH for marijuana is 6.3 - 6.8 in soil and 5.5 - 6.1 in a hydroponic system. Second, make sure you are giving the correct amount/type of fertilizer/nutrients. For the vegetative stage of growth marijuana needs a fertilizer/nutrient with a high Nitrogen (N) content like 2-1-1 (or 20-10-10)." From "Nursery Troubleshooting Guide" www.gardenscure.com

Aha! "Carding Mill" from Somerfield 6.7 as it comes (A little high for a little low n'set pas?) "Ow is eee guv.....??!!"

P.P.H 6.7 is low for British Spring."

by S

--------------------
"Arafel."

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6753075 - 04/06/07 02:55 AM (17 years, 14 days ago)

I have been attempting to "sort the wheat from the chaff" on this one for a while. I've got 400w of veg bulb and (in total) about 450w of flower bulb for my plants utilising a properly appointed 3m high growbox approx. 0.5m sq (small I know). Can anyone out there with some experience let me in to what must be a bit of a growing secret (a friends bad advice may have just cost me the sex of at least three plants)? Is it the heat from HPS that makes the diff? Should I keep my frost protectors on daytime to boost heat (walls are matt not Mylar)? Combination growing has been suggested (one veg bulb one flower) but When I tried combining the two (for just a couple of hours one morning having switched one bulb back to veg the night before) they finished sexing (yeah, that was stupid) in two hours and left me with four plants only one of which is now recognisably female, however the "Soft Secrets" article he read suggested spectrum combi lighting would be better, what gives?
I quoted the guy who grew his AK47 under flouros only (and showed his pics) on another site (this one Ed.), does anyone know who it was?

Response;

Im not sure what you are saying.
But combined spectrum lighting is a good thing, but not absolutly necessary. And I dont believe it has alot to do with sex, I have heard that.

The "secret" is lumens, Floro's dont have the lumens needed for penetration for big fat dense flowers.
HPS is best for flowering, but ive used MH with very good results.

Keep your grow box at ~75 F regardless of what kind of light you choose.

I'm not sure your spectral understanding is complete. However on the subject of lumens how does 200w of flouro compare to 200w of HPS or halide? How many lumens is 400w HPS/square metre (then I will be able to work out how much flouro I need/metre which is my current problem).

Response;

I think a 200w cfl puts out something like 12000 lumens. The 250w HPS puts out about 28,500 lumens. A 400w HPS puts out about 55,000 lumens. With two 200w cfls you're using 400w and still getting less lumens than a single 250w HPS. HPS fixtures are a lot more efficient that the cfls will be. Go with an HPS if you can. You'll get better results too.

P.S Temperatures given both here and in the following post are for Winter/Spring. In Summer I have to vigourously fan the flouros to allow me to get them close enough to the plants! Ed.

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (06/19/07 04:19 PM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6753077 - 04/06/07 02:57 AM (17 years, 14 days ago)

And further (Hi guys! Any mods care to tell me the maximum single post length here?)....

"Having bought the bulbs already (infact I've had problems -especially under the flower bulbs- getting the temp higher than 23c and these buggers can tolerate up to 38c and don't like to germinate under 24c) my current max is 24000 lumens then less than half the HPS! But is this to do with placement too? From what you say 250w HPS would do fine, bet it would get hot though.
Now de-mystification folks; during vegging 400w flouro o.k but up the wattage for flowering if using all flouros right? Infact I've been checking out the availability for Giant Edison Screw light fittings, at around £5 each I might be able to knock up another decent shade for around £15-£20 (I have two spare 125w flower bulbs) or maybe I'll go HPS for flowering (need a ballast too though so that's a bit expensive for now).
Thanks for the info, straight talk always appreciated here.

Is there an all flouro using bud that can help here?

"200w envirolites with red for flowering and blue for grow or veg stages, Plants need light in the correct spectrum, which is proven to be between 400 & 700 Nana Wave, and Envirolites produce high output light in exactly this spectrum. There is no wasted light, unlike HID and HPS lamps were much of the light cannot even be seen or used by the plant.
Envirolites give 100% PAR (Photo synthetically Active Radiation) high output light and are used successfully for all propagation, vegetative or flowering stages."

So what does this **** mean?

and this....

"Light & Light Measurment

Light, its intensity, quality, its colour, spectrum, wavelength are therefore all-important factors, but how do we measure light and what are the most important components?

Light is measured in photons (which we, or at least I, do not really understand). Light actually hits objects, just like a spray of water, and the sun emits lots of light photons ~ to give you an idea of how many; the sun hits our body with over 12,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 photons every second and a plant needs about 20 photons to make a finished molecule of sugar.

So our scientists can count the number of photons hitting the plant and even predict how much of this energy will convert into flowers or fruits. Each industry has its own way of measuring light. Photographers use a light meter, the lighting industry uses lumens or lux and the gardening industry uses PAR. All are only measurements; the actual light coming from a lamp or the sun does not change ~ only the methods we use to measure are different.

Light Spectrums & Colours

Light from the sun is ideal but it's not the same as artificial light, where output quality, spectrum etc varies upon the type of lamp and how it is used. Many growers think that more lumens = better growth / yields, when in fact artificial light, even at its best in a HID or HPS lamp in not so good in terms of colours. Much of the light from the bulb is not used by the plant, mainly because it is not in the 400 to 700 nw (nanawave) spectrum, and plants can only see and use light in this range. Light quality and its colours are as important as lumens.

Light, as seen by plants is not a single colour but separate bands of active colours and the plant senses each colour-band of light as a separate signal. Each band of colour has a different effect on plants and the following are only a few of the functions which each band of light promotes.

Blue Light (350 – 500 NW) powers chlorophyll production, powers cell actively, energies the stomata movement and makes the plant follow light.

Green / Yellow Light (500 – 650 nw) ~ not much action from these bands of light.

Red Light (600 – 700 NW) makes sugar from CO2, powers chloroplast production, signals light and dark times among other functions.

Strong blue and red light photons (as above) are also needed for good carbon dioxide uptake.

The PAR scale measures all these coloured photons between 400nw & 700nw, the critical range for plants, as this is only range that plants can use light. If it is not in this range then it's wasted light.

PAR

For growers PAR is all-important ~ and as important as lumens! PAR stands for > Photosynthetic Active Radiation.

Photosynthetic, the light sensed by a leaf pigment.

Active, the light that causes the leaf pigment to become active for making energy

Radiation, another word for light & photon energy

PAR is a measurement scale used internationally as a metric light measurement and is becoming more and more relevant to growing and greenhouse light measurement. Why is it important to you?

PAR is the measure of light that a plant actually senses and uses, and it is the light the plant sees and can use that is more important then the actual output lumen of the grow lamp!

* A large HID lamp may give out loads of lumens, but if it's too far away from your plant most are wasted (remember light intensity diminishes with distance) In addition the light a plant can use from these lamps is limited because the plant cannot see or use it because it is in the wrong spectrum.

So the main value of the PAR measurement is that it is the only measure that takes into account the actual light and light colours that the plant uses to energise its pigments and generate sugar energy, and it’s the sugar that makes your plants grow and produce such sweet fruits!

PAR and Fluorescent Lamps

In the past fluorescent lamps were always known to have excellent 'daylight' colour output but not the same photon power as HID / HPS lamps. The spectrum from fluorescents was ideal for propagation/seedlings but not for real time growing, because they were small watt versions and did not have the lumen / photon output. (i.e. an average household fluorescent tube is only about 35 watts. Nice spectrum but low light output! )

HID and HPS lamps have large lumen / photon output but are poor on colours omitted, but these lamps were the best available lamps at the time. However they do generate lots of heat and can be expensive to operate. They also need separate ballasts, control contacts and systems.

Envirolite CFL Lamps (CFL = Compact Fluorescent Lamps)

The development of high-output compact fluorescent means you can now get the correct colour spectrum, always associated with fluorescents, but with much higher light output. This means that CFL's are now capable of much, much higher lumen output with all the benefits of the ideal, spectrum output.

Photon strength is still not as strong as HID Lamps (although with our new reflectors we are getting there) but because these new lamps generate much less heat they can be placed just inches of the leaves, and this is a very, very important factor when using grow lamps

Light Intensity

Light intensity diminishes the further it has to travel. This is the same for HID, CFL or your normal household lamp. If you hold a light meter up close to any lamp and then slowly lower the meter, even a few inches, you will see the light measurement reduces dramatically. (If you can borrow, beg, steal or get access to a light meter please try this ~ you will be extremely surprised at the rate at which the light intensity reduces over a short distance)

Light from an HID or HPS lamp reduces by half for every foot it is away from the plants. So if your lamps are 2' or 3’ above your plants much of the light is wasted. The problem with HID lamps is they are so hot you cannot place them close to your plants and much of the light, and your money, is wasted.

One benefit of using high-out put CFL’s is that they do not generate as much heat and can be kept almost on top of the plants producing the exact 100% PAR light, with no loss of intensity. So if you position these new lamps close to the leaves you get the benefit of 100% PAR light in the correct 400nw to 700nw range, giving the plant the correct light colours and light quality.

Envirolite Summary

Envirolites are effective, energy-saving, reliable, low heat generating horticultural grow lamps, giving excellent results and lower operating costs for all indoor growers.

Plants need light in the correct spectrum, which is proven to be between 400 & 700 Nana Wave, and Envirolites produce high output light in exactly this spectrum. There is no wasted light, unlike HID and HPS lamps were much of the light cannot even be seen or used by the plant.

Envirolites give 100% PAR (Photosynthetically Active Radiation) high output light and are used successfully for all propagation, vegetative or flowering stages.

Envirolites do not generate excessive heat and can be used directly over plants. This is the secret of growing with Envirolites, positioned directly above, just 3 cm or 4 cm, the top of the plants! Unlike HID lamps, this new generation, grow lamps will not burn your plants.

This is a real advantage compared to growing with HID lamps, as there is no wasted light, which occurs when HID lamps are positioned high above plants. Envirolites give 100 % PAR, correct spectrum, high lumen light directly on top of your plants - where they need it!

We are currently waiting for the independent results of a technical research program carried out by Sheffield University on comparisons (lumen, PAR, spectrum output, heat generation, operating costs etc) with HID / HPS lamps. The same research will monitor grow results using both types of lamps. We are extremely confident that the results of this research will surprise many growers and confirm that Envirolite / CFL lamps which provide high-output lumens with 100% PAR will become the next generation of light systems for all growers."

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (04/06/07 03:01 AM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6753082 - 04/06/07 03:02 AM (17 years, 14 days ago)

So O.K lets "cut throught the crap";
The answer we need is to this question....
"If 400w/m sq of HPS produces 400-450g dry weight of bud for 55,000 lumens how much of this is within the PAR spectrum?"
Once we know that we know how much flouro to use (n'est pas?).

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (04/10/07 12:13 PM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: Resurgam ? (Grow Log) [Re: entheodome]
    #6753105 - 04/06/07 03:20 AM (17 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

entheodome said:
any land race sativa from india has very thin leaves.those are nice healthy indica plants.they look more like they would be from the kush mountain region of the middle east if a true land race of any kind.go get some botanicare calcium mag. already for defeciency.if you need any help hit me up.

"India.
Varieties from India are among the most diverse you are likely to see. India is between Pakistan and the Southeast Asian marijuana growing countries....
The "typical Indian" is sativa-like....
...Rare varieties are very small (three feet tall) up to the more common varieties of about 12 ft. Varieties may have sativa-like leaves, monophyluss leaves (only one to three blades per leaf), or typical Afghani leaves, all of which represent the diversity among Indian varieties."

From "Marijuana Growers Inside Guide" by Mel Franks copyright 1988.

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (04/06/07 03:21 AM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6769939 - 04/10/07 12:01 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

As a matter of interest a friend of mine told me that her plants have vegged behind south facing windows of frosted glass but never flowered, is this likely to be true and if so can anyone explain why please?

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (04/10/07 12:12 PM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6807473 - 04/19/07 04:37 AM (17 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Silverwolf said:
As a matter of interest a friend of mine told me that her plants have vegged behind south facing windows of frosted glass but never flowered, is this likely to be true and if so can anyone explain why please?

I've wired up a G.E.S and am making a shade and tent to save the grow (my new ones went in the box proper on Tuesday). The three surving ladies from the other grow are living here...

..daytime and airing-cupboard at night, the heats fine but I'm reflecting the scattered light with mylar for now.

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (04/19/07 12:00 PM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6808490 - 04/19/07 11:57 AM (17 years, 1 day ago)

Hey over 400 hits and nobody posts to me?

She Moves....

Homemade self-ballasting shade (the G.E.S holder is ceramic earthed on wood -although I did use 3 core-) covered in white mylar and hung on "para-cord" (for now). I'll tent 'em up with the remaining mylar as soon as. Still got to immobilise that fibre-board adhesive in the box proper, to do that I'm gonna fill the door with undiluted P.V.A and seal with double folded card-board (I mean no shit my lungs feel like they've been shot-blasted from the inside! "Purists" may also like to note that my ultra-silent fan is now situated pumping air out at the top not in at the bottom-)

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (04/19/07 12:04 PM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6811644 - 04/20/07 03:35 AM (17 years, 17 hours ago)

so....

...A little TLC and LST and we might have a crop....could re-veg these babies though (for new readers a friend gave me the ph values for hydro not soil so on top of the "flying glue" problem I got nutrient lock-out as-well -which was cruddy coz there weren't much to start with, see earlier posts concerning powdered guano-).
Can anyone who knows give me a good working guide to re-vegging please?

With luck I shall let you know my new pot nutrient protocol as soon as.

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (04/20/07 03:38 AM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6836760 - 04/26/07 12:43 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Well...I "re-cored" (?) that door! Strong dilution PVA and cardboard fittings one coat applied prior to cardboard insertion one afterwards (you will find that internal doors of this type which are vented are cored -at least around the vents-, but only dedicated airing cupboard doors not the rest of the doors in the house beware). Now all that remains is for me to ensure that the house is properly cleansed (I'm on every protocol I know and my lungs still feel sand-blasted).

The three survivors are here....

They're not doing well because of the early nutrient lock-out but what the hell.

However my dedicated box is much better....

My frost protectors can now be slotted on all the way up the growth length and above.

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (04/26/07 12:49 PM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6839831 - 04/27/07 04:55 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Welll....looks like I've saved these!

I used some "Willow Spring" high p.h high Salicin?high Calcium content water in 100ml (approx.) doses a few times at night after the morning feed and lights out and I foliar-fed them (after lights out newbies for God's sake) with Maxicrop and Epsom Salts a couple of nights ago (which they seem to love, after a week of nowt there's proper bud coming -also note "TempT" (temporary tent)-). The CO2 I decided to do after they're poor start, my 5l fermentation system works well (when I can get the temperature up high enough).

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (04/27/07 05:24 AM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6854611 - 04/30/07 05:03 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Should have added another coat of PVA before inserting the cardboard but time was pressing and I would have had to leave the vents an extra 24 hours before I could use the box (are you kidding? Think I would put my tender germinating seeds in their all organic homes anywhere near a toxin source of any kind deliberately?!). Anyway I would advise anyone else in my situation to take the time and make sure (the dust is pure evil man).

New soil protocol as follows...
I have started them in their 10l pots by making a "fyba-pot" (non-peat I believe) hole in the large pot's compost and pouring in a 50/50 mix of vermiculite and "New Horizon" Peat-Free Organic containing bone-meal, hoof and horn (unfortunately), vinasse (anyone?) and rock phosphate so the p.h is quite high (hhhmm should have spotted that). They say there is 4-6 weeks supply of these nutrients in the compost. However this is surrounded by a mix of perlite and compost (including some low nutrient content Organic Soil Conditioner) and guano (in various stages of use such as boiled, used dregs, unused powdered and distributed unused liquid nutrient absorbed by the compost from the last two attempts and unused pots). However about a third of the way down I have added added a fine layer of fresh powdered guano (about 1 level desertspoon-full) ontop of 1-2 inches of unmixed (but broken up) high phosphate content Peat Free Organic compost which sits on "crock" (bits of broken terracotta etc for drainage) which itself is covered in a layer of perlite.

Only the high ph of the compost for their initial germination is of concern, perhaps I shall try and give them low ph water to start with like 6.2 (Mandala -sorry is that out of order?- recommend 6.2-6.5 for their seeds).

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (04/30/07 05:09 PM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6854617 - 04/30/07 05:08 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Hhhmmmm.... think I might spray a very fine dust of guano into the topsoil (by laying it the suface and then spraying from above)once they've gone to 18 hours.
By the way do nutes like guano raise or lower the ph?

--------------------
"Arafel."

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6854630 - 04/30/07 05:14 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Oh yeah, how long should I re-veg the three girls (as they had a cruddy up-bringing first time out they will surely perform better once re-veggged -if needed-)?

--------------------
"Arafel."

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6857416 - 05/01/07 09:13 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Hey!! Just found a small grey bug crawling atop the compost, Thrip do you think? I've got some pyrethrum should I zap (appreciate a response on this one guys!)?

--------------------
"Arafel."

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
    #6858559 - 05/01/07 02:39 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I would help if I could, but I don't know. Sry. Good Luck. :thumbup:

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

#6858579 - 05/01/07 02:46 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Silverwolf said:
Hey!! Just found a small grey bug crawling atop the compost, Thrip do you think? I've got some pyrethrum should I zap (appreciate a response on this one guys!)?

a precautionary spray would do no harm.

--------------------
View My Gallery

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6859254 - 05/01/07 05:31 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I have despite the fact they're going to flower tomorrow. I'd rather risk "impact loss" than infestation especially given they are still so young and tender!

--------------------
"Arafel."

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6859264 - 05/01/07 05:34 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

bye the bye my "New Horizon" Compost states that some seeds take longer to germinate in it and mine bloody have twice now beware! Good stuff for flowering, dangerous crap for germinating (I'll be re-balancing now) bugger!

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (05/01/07 05:34 PM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6930372 - 05/17/07 01:50 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Further to the above never a bloody gain that's another grow lost! Too much P and K and not enough N. Beware, peat free don't necessarily mean it ain't the wrong ph or nutes!

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (06/14/07 03:59 AM)

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

#6941497 - 05/20/07 03:59 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

u killed them all?

i think u are over complicating the process... and thinking too much into it... growing in soil is simple...

in the future u should try germinating your beans on wet paper towels then transfer them to rockwool cubes for the early stages... then transfer to the main pots after a couple of weeks... no chance of fucking up the nutrition then...

--------------------
View My Gallery

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6947976 - 05/21/07 04:18 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

uarewotueat said:
u killed them all? (Not quite, see below Ed.)

i think u are over complicating the process... and thinking too much into it... growing in soil is simple...

in the future u should try germinating your beans on wet paper towels then transfer them to rockwool cubes for the early stages... then transfer to the main pots after a couple of weeks... no chance of fucking up the nutrition then...

Ah, so it's only fellow Brits who've got the stamina...!
Welll.....

" Quick tips:

1. Use good size pots with quality soil instead of small pots & bad soil and fertilizing a lot to compensate for the lack of nutrients. If you give the plant enough natural nutrients in the soil then you don't need to fertilize for the first 25-30 days of growth.

2. Never fertilize seedling or plants that are only 10-14 days old if you grow on soil!

3. Do not stretch commercial soil with a lot of perlite/vermiculite/hydroton/coco coir etc. This only reduces the amount of available nutrients. Don't fill the bottom of the pots with stones/hydroton. The roots grow down and need a substrate that holds water at the bottom. Good potting soil like Compo Sana Universal already contains enough additives for a balanced air-to-soil ratio and roots get plenty of oxygen. If you are growing outdoors in very compact soil then you should add 20-25% perlite for a better air-to-soil ratio. "
From the breeders FAQ...

Never again in high-lime/high-phosphate (what is "Vinasse"?)...

I'll let you know how she's worked out once all is dry..the "hermed" plant was smaller and harvested first (although there is a chance the seeds are "regs" I haven't found any seeds on the others yet so I'm hoping maybe I've got some "femed"). Not gonna make those mistakes again, read on....

"With quality horticultural grade soil you do not need to mix additional perlite. Do not use sand, coco fibre, or hydro correls in your potting mix. These materials do not contain any nutrients, which can lead to a deficiency in pots"

and..(from elsewhere)...

"Growing Medium

Soil is never used in hydroponic growing. Some systems have the ability to support the growing plants, allowing the bare roots to have maximum exposure to the nutrient solution. In other systems, the roots are supported by a growing medium. Some types of media also aid in moisture and nutrient retention. Different media are better suited to specific plants and systems. It is best to research all of your options and to get some recommendations for systems and media before making investing in or building an operation. Popular growing media include:

Composted bark. It is usually organic and can be used for seed germination.
Expanded clay. Pellets are baked in a very hot oven, which causes them to expand, creating a porous end product.
Gravel. Any type can be used. However, gravel can add minerals to nutrient. Always make sure it is clean.
Oasis. This artificial, foam-based material is commonly known from its use as an arrangement base in the floral industry.
Peat moss. This medium is carbonized and compressed vegetable matter that has been partially decomposed.
Perlite. Volcanic glass is mined from lava flows and heated in furnaces to a high temperature, causing the small amount of moisture inside to expand. This converts the hard glass into small, sponge-like kernels.
Pumice. This is a glassy material that is formed by volcanic activity. Pumice is lightweight due to its large number of cavities produced by the expulsion of water vapor at a high temperature as lava surfaces.
Rockwool. This is created by melting rock at a high temperature and then spinning it into fibers.
Sand. This medium varies in composition and is usually used in conjunction with another medium.
Vermiculite. Similar to perlite except that it has a relatively high cation exchange capacity--meaning it can hold nutrients for later use."

From this and the preceding I have gathered that those not using specialised composts (or even those that are) should probably stick to well composted bark as a basic.

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (05/21/07 04:23 PM)

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

#6952373 - 05/22/07 02:59 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

alright, we live we learn...

--------------------
View My Gallery

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6955295 - 05/23/07 05:39 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I've stuck the six in to germ (soil sorted this time). Do you guys recon they'll be feminised (they all came from one smaller slightly younger plant which finished earlier than the other two and produced about 10 seeds in total)? Also given the small size of the other two I'm thinking of re-vegging those. What is the minimum time for a re-veg?

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (05/23/07 06:35 AM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6998670 - 06/02/07 05:27 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

"Stagglers" from the last grow, they've now vegged (in chronological order) behind flouros, frosted glass (S.Facing), HPS, non-frosted glass (S.Facing) and flouros again (sorting guys..just sorting). Now they have gone to flower in the proto-type "TempT" (temporary tent). If I get one lady I'll be pleased -any trouble transplanting into larger pots once sexed, they're in minimum 9 litres at present?-.

Gotta keep that CO2 kit warm without overheating the plants..answer use a cage and vary the height...

Edited by Silverwolf (06/02/07 05:44 AM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#7018010 - 06/07/07 02:43 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

The Kit is bubbling right nice this time -don't really know how long the last one went for so I'll try and give you a volume to longevity reading for this basic sq metre kit, maybe also get a CO2 metre at some point too. I've seen anything from 700ppm to 1500ppm quoted as useable CO2 for marijuana, any thoughts anyone ?-.

(P.S Someone should have told this ingnorant Englishman not to drink partially fermented alcohol or consume fermented yeast in anyway! I've only ever drunk other peoples produce I'm not a brewer or wine maker!)

Getting hot for close proximity placement now so I've had to check these out....

"EC stands for Electronically Commutated, and it combines AC and DC voltages bringing the best of both technologies. The motor runs on a DC voltage, but with a single phase 230VAC or three phase 400VAC supply. All the features of the external rotor motor are kept. The motor incorporates voltage transformation within the motor. The non-rotating part of the motor (stator) is extended to make room for an electronic PCB board which includes power transformation AC to DC, as well as the controls.

Standard AC Motor

EC Motor with integrated electronics

Energy savings
Minimum power consumption & better efficiency than AC equivalent.

(EC motor smallest column, please excuse small reproduction ed.)

Control
100% speed controllable, not frequency dependant. Can be set up for :

constant airflow or constant pressure applications : the fan maintains the same airflow (or pressure) (example, a constant airflow system is ideal for filtered applications, where a constant airflow is required even when the filters get dirty (and pressure increases)).
0-10VDC or PWM control signal : The fan sends its own signal which can be read by a simple standard potentiometer (10kOhm for 0-10VDC)
Pressure control : no additional control unit is necessary, the pressure sensor can be directly connected & controlled by the electronics of the EC fan. (pressure sensor available as extra)
Master / slave applications : (Rosenberg models only) : Ideal when several fans are used in a single application : 1 fan (Master) is pressure controlled, and other fans (slaves) will adjust their speed accordingly.
Networking via RS485 interface, to set value, enable and get feedback, diagnosis & error messages

Temperature
AC fan with variable frequency drive-High motor heat rise
EC fan-No heat rise

Motor speed
AC-Not well defined
EC-Precise control / exact feedback from motor

Settings / Installation
AC-Complicated
EC-easy

Low motor temperature : For longer lifetime than AC equivalent,

High performances : Speed can be driven up to 3600rpm, one Ec fan replaces multiple type of motors (2, 4 and 6 pole)

Simplicity : Electronic & power transformation are completely integrated within the motor"

I don't understand all this stuff and the nice man hasn't sent me the details of a suitable unit as yet but it all sounds great (probably a little pricey though I'll warrant, we shall see, I'm using a friends horticultural fan at present but even that chews the wattage).

I've got one "hermed" (?) seedling on the go on her own (hopeful ain't he?). She's aleady been vegged under flouros, HPS, non-frosted S. facing window, flouros again and frosted S.facing window! Planted in my new-protocol soil I hope to go to flower in the "TempT" ASAP!

Edited by Silverwolf (06/07/07 03:13 AM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#7044795 - 06/14/07 03:39 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Hey! Mr. "I'll get back too you" from Axair hasn't hhmmmph...(neither have "Envirolite" and I've bought £280 -that's about $550- of their lights -what gives?-).
Anyway new soil protocol, new magnesium rich bat guano, new Speed Queen...

--------------------
"Arafel."

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#7046856 - 06/14/07 04:43 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

As Mr. "I'll get back to you" hasn't I checked out Axair's catalogue...now I've got a 3 cubic metre box (more or less), how often should I be turning that over per hour (remember I'm only using the fan to cool the flouros)? Technical help greatly appreciated here.

--------------------
"Arafel."

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#7060241 - 06/18/07 05:14 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Looks Like I got two ladies out of the three from last grow :thumbup:

One possible "Hermie" (Feminised from self-seeded) moved to a little S.facing frosted-glass alcove at night until it goes in the "TempT", the others will veg and flower in the dedicated box.

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (06/19/07 03:08 AM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: Resurgam ? (Grow Log) [Re: Schwip]
    #7066347 - 06/19/07 04:24 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Schwip said:
Looks like a good start? I think.

I often ponder converting this huge armour(spelling?)wardrobe type thing into a grow chamber..........

Easier than converting these into a wardrobe though I feel.....

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (06/19/07 04:26 PM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#7066404 - 06/19/07 04:39 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Silverwolf said:
As Mr. "I'll get back to you" hasn't I checked out Axair's catalogue...now I've got a 3 cubic metre box (more or less), how often should I be turning that over per hour (remember I'm only using the fan to cool the flouros)? Technical help greatly appreciated here.

Ah well, talk to yourself! The answer is somewhere between 25 and 50 m/3/hour.

--------------------
"Arafel."

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#7091202 - 06/25/07 03:10 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

As it turns out, small fans are really not made E.C (which in this case means "Electronically Commutated") but the E.C fan suppliers put me on to a D.C fan and transformer distributor who will handle my needs.
However larger operations might still profitably investigate E.C units.

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (06/25/07 03:14 PM)

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

#7091248 - 06/25/07 03:26 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

id give a more substantial reply... but im not sure wot u are talking about, or even if we speak the same language... :lol:

--------------------
View My Gallery

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals