Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesirbojangles
h20

Loc: inside a transparent eyeb...
when you are comin down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking
    #6584214 - 02/19/07 05:04 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

what the fuck do you do

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNalim
OTD Kelly Girl
Female User Gallery

Re: when you are comin down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: sirbojangles]
    #6584226 - 02/19/07 05:10 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Take a stilnox...

--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

OfflineNalim
OTD Kelly Girl
Female User Gallery

Re: when you are comin down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: Nalim]
    #6584230 - 02/19/07 05:11 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Or: keep thinking and take a walk..

--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

InvisibleBlend
afferent orchestra
 User Gallery

Re: when you are comin down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: Nalim]
    #6584236 - 02/19/07 05:16 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

eat some more. :wink:

OfflineMaryanneNumber
10footalice
Loc: NZ
Re: when you are comin down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: Blend]
    #6584260 - 02/19/07 05:30 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

codien.

OfflineLinja
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Melbourne
Re: when you are comin down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: MaryanneNumber]
    #6584263 - 02/19/07 05:32 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Shit man, I hate that. I just wait it out personally. Also, having sex helps, but if you don't have that convenient, even jerkin' it. And hey, if it doesn't work, at least you had fun trying.

-Linja

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

Re: when you are comin down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: Linja]
    #6584297 - 02/19/07 05:45 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

It's a choice between weed and alcohol if you're desperate. Weed can just make the trip kick in harder, but some people find it helps them sleep. Either use one of tho

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: when you are comin down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: EllisDSox]
    #6584403 - 02/19/07 06:39 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

never really been a problem. My wife really struggles with this, and it makes things worse when I can just fall asleep. Even with my mind running like crazy I can pretty much remove myself from my body and enter a very sleep-like trance. If I am tripping hard, I can stay in that trance all night and wake up full rested while never having really "slept".

Meditation practice and heavy concentration to tune out the noise in your head can greatly help. Ever since I started getting into meditation, sleep at the end of a trip has never been a problem. First shut down the body, then eventually the mind will follow.

When you lay there and toss and turn, and think about how you arent sleeping, it doesnt help you get to sleep. For some reason my wife thinks that if she tosses and turns enough she will fall asleep (or maybe ill just knock her out)...that doesnt work, but simply put you just need to "trick" yourself into falling asleep. Once you figure it out, its not a problem to do again.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: when you are comin down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: sirbojangles]
    #6584462 - 02/19/07 07:30 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I doodle, read, play with my dog or stare at a wall until all my energy burns out.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: when you are comin down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: MOTH]
    #6584672 - 02/19/07 09:41 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

this is the most important time of your personal journey.
you need to be interested though you are weary,
something lasting can emerge,
or at the very least you can attend the passage of time and the mystery of consciousness,
glancing at this very emptiness most avoid with cringing.
the treasure of the moment

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlineturkeyphant
Psychonaut
Male

Re: when you are comin down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6584715 - 02/19/07 10:03 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
or at the very least you can attend the passage of time and the mystery of consciousness,

This guy speaks the truth but if you're stubborn and really are desperate to go to sleep, neck some hypnotic benzos. 20mg of diazepam should do the trick.

--------------------
turkeyphant.org

Invisibledespisedicon
Stranger

#6584720 - 02/19/07 10:06 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I don't fight it and just stay up. You could take a hot shower then lay in bed. That usually helps.

Edited by despisedicon (02/19/07 10:14 AM)

Offlinecrimsonblood
It's no fun tillsomeone dies
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sydney , Australia.
    #6585273 - 02/19/07 01:19 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

smoke a few bowls and chill out  :cool:

OfflineTrippedelia
Mountain Gnome

Loc: Blue Mountains, Australia
Re: when you are comin down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: crimsonblood]
    #6615446 - 02/27/07 02:28 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i listen to music, forget about sleeping, its easier to sleep if you forget you weant to, you know? draw, go outside and look once more at the night sky, if you cant sleep may aswell accept it till you can i guess.

--------------------
your brain is the master key
open any door you see
anything you paid for
we've already got for free
with blindness the mind is free
from kindness the evil flee
you wanna be the first with more
you gonna be the last to see

Offlineshroomsynergy
Fungi Freak
Male

Loc: Andromeda
Re: when you are comin down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: Trippedelia]
    #6615458 - 02/27/07 02:35 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

pop in one of your favorite movies, and ponder the deeper meanings. if your still awake after that, try another. i love to fall asleep to stargate, Chronicles of riddick, or Harry potter series.

(i know, i know, HARRY POTTER?????) well, fantasy movies seem to keep my trip up! and they are just fun!

--------------------

InvisibleDihnekis
Stranger
Male
Re: when you are comin down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: Trippedelia]
    #6615464 - 02/27/07 02:36 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I'm kind of annoyed by that feeling too. On my first acid trip everyone went of to sleep and I was by myself, and I didn't think I was still tripping. I was though, and almost went into a bad trip 8 hours into the damn thing. Turned on music, that just bothered me, couldn't sit still, couldn't close my eyes. I ended up walking out the door in my boxers and walking around my friends neighborhood... must have been a strange sight, some dude out walking around with huge pupils at 3 am in 40 degree weather in his damn boxers.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: when you are comin down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: Dihnekis]
    #6615618 - 02/27/07 04:27 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i find i am usually quite annoyed in the day time while doing normal things as well,
often in the daytime I even feel tired. even more tired than at night in bed.
the difference is in the daytime, i am conditioned to react to all this input, duties, driving, ritual behavior in public places...

at night, lying down, no ritual is necessary, i am finally free to be annoyed any way I like.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineMrBuzin
Stranger
Male

Re: when you are comin down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6615645 - 02/27/07 04:51 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i actually fall asleep easy on the comedown.. i love just laying there having closed eye hallucinations and just letting my mind run.

Offlinelsd25icu812
Stranger
Male

Loc: United States
Re: when you are coming down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: MrBuzin]
    #6615877 - 02/27/07 07:28 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i have started using LSD a lot during the day... i feel like i can pull more out of the experience because I'm not tired the next day and i don't get frustrated with not being able to sleep. it makes the experience easier to integrate for me. gives me more of an after glow

--------------------
love is what is left when you"ve let go of everything you love

Offlineliquidsquid
Stranger

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: when you are coming down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: lsd25icu812]
    #6617442 - 02/27/07 05:05 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I have this sometimes when I had a mushroomtrip. I just grab a book or I listen to my MP3 player. Just try to focus your thoughts on something else, on one certain thing. This will make your mind relax, at least it helped with me...

Offlineletsmakekill
Tak Aprt Yr Hed
Male

Loc: Iceland
Re: when you are coming down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: liquidsquid]
    #6617639 - 02/27/07 06:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I can usually fall asleep pretty easily on lsd, and shrooms. I fully agree with gopenguins; ever since i began meditating, sleep after the trip is over is no problem. Just try laying in bed, with all your lights off, and try focusing heavily on your body sensations and just let your head clear - try not to move much. Soon enough, you're body will be lifted, and your head will soon follow, into a deep wonderous sleep :smile:

--------------------

In a life we live with shreds and trees
Swallow them whole right down our bellies
Soon enough our eyes grew wide
Soon enough we had the time to feel alive
To feel alive...

InvisibleIndividual
Bass Addict
Male User Gallery

Loc: Reality Loophole
Re: when you are coming down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: letsmakekill]
    #6634029 - 03/04/07 10:58 AM (17 years, 29 days ago)

Yesterday I tripped on 500 MGS. I went to bed at 6 am. I've had some really hard time with lsa before. I loaded up 4 up episodes of family guy, hoping it might help. I couldn't keep my eyes open after 10 minutes. So I thought I was going to fall asleep, but one minute I was totally awake, but eyes were still closed. I was really disappointed about it. So I opened my eyes. Iwas surprised seeing it's white outside, I got up and watched the clock. It was 1.30 PM.
I had no feeling of getting any sleep, but I wasn't tired at all.

I:heart: LSA
The trip is just so easy to understand. It just floods you with understanding and love.
:peace:

--------------------
THE PHILOSOPHY OF LIBERTY <---                                               

Offlineonlynow
transformativeinformativeenergy
Male User Gallery

Re: when you are coming down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: Individual]
    #6634587 - 03/04/07 02:59 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

melatonin works well

--------------------

Strive to be more than a codified manifestation of a generalized technological consciousness

InvisibleGrizzyCappy
Explorer of Mind and Matter

Loc: TX - USA
Re: when you are coming down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: onlynow]
    #6634666 - 03/04/07 03:40 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

Drink some beers or take some shots. Always worked for me when I was younger and had to go to school the next day.

OfflineSebastian23
Stranger
Male

Loc: Bay
Re: when you are coming down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: onlynow]
    #6634684 - 03/04/07 03:50 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

onlynow said:
melatonin works well

melatonin works, marijuana works but sometimes can heighten the trip.
I reccomend waiting it out until you feel tired.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment
with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp
it was written on."
-Terence McKenna
Marijuana Myths Debunked

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: when you are comin down and just want to go to sleep but still cant stop thinking [Re: turkeyphant]
    #6634715 - 03/04/07 04:03 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

turkeyphant said:
Quote:

redgreenvines said:

This guy speaks the truth but if you're stubborn and really are desperate to go to sleep, neck some hypnotic benzos.  20mg of diazepam should do the trick.

Never fails me.

Its handy to have some around, particularly if you're gonna get spun for a few days. I tripped for 3 days in a row .. I can never sleep on acid .. I just kept on redosing once the physical energy came back with minimal sleep in between (mental energy isn't too much of a problem as I always feel mentally energized afterwards). By the third day I ate 5 tabs and not much happened, and once I was relatively sobre (and my brain completely sieve like) and could not sleep for shit 4x5mg Diazepam knocked me out for like 16 hours :grin:

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order