Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | Next >
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: What shall be your excuse? You have been warned of the judgment to come. [Re: falcon] * 1
    #6586697 - 02/19/07 07:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I wonder what fivepointer's excuse will be when Kali comes for him.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Re: What shall be your excuse? You have been warned of the judgment to come. [Re: falcon]
    #6586709 - 02/19/07 07:13 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

fivepointer, what will your excuse be when you realize how ridiculous this stuff is? "I was too afraid to think for myself!"

Does the air judge who breaths it? Water who drinks it? Food who eats it? These are the lifegiving forces, and they give unconditionally, they have no preference, that do not decree that one be righteous in their pursuits prior to being given life. That which gives life is God; Love+All life giving earthly forces (these are the same IMO). Your ideas of God are whack. Blindness does indeed include not seeing one's own blindness, that God is all around us, and is us.

Those fearing hell create it on Earth.

Why not chill out and just enjoy 'this' craziness? Why would God need anyone to act a certain way? fivepointer, when was the last time you had an original thought? You are the type who'd likely decree an open mind as an open door for Satan or some such nonsense. Relax.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Offlinesnakefinder
Stranger
Re: What shall be your excuse? You have been warned of the judgment to come. [Re: Grok]
    #6586764 - 02/19/07 07:24 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

The Biblical purge is not really about revenge, justice and whatnot.

It is more like ethnical cleaning. Some people die simply because what they are. And there is no moral at the end of story.

Though, I'm really getting anoyed at people who keep bringing up the idea of hell up, because they say they answer to christianity, but they really answer to catholic teachings, which are very loose interpretations of the bible.

The bible doesn't say you go to hell.
There is no punishment for the "wicked", they simply die of old age, and that's the end of it.

Offlinesnakefinder
Stranger
Re: What shall be your excuse? You have been warned of the judgment to come. [Re: Grok]
    #6586780 - 02/19/07 07:27 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cilosyb said:
Why would God need anyone to act a certain way?

are you one of those people who say rape is ok as long the woman is good looking?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #6586793 - 02/19/07 07:30 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cilosyb said:
Does the air judge who breaths it? Water who drinks it? Food who eats it? These are the lifegiving forces, and they give unconditionally, they have no preference, that do not decree that one be righteous in their pursuits prior to being given life.

This is my perspective on the matter. Before I form a belief, I first place it agansit the backdrop of that which can be directly perceived and observed within reality.

Personally, I have never observed anything within reality to justify adopting a preconceived notion of g*d. Concepts are excellent frameworks we form in order to assist in our ability to understand and to navigate reality, yet a concept must be derived from an observation or perception within reality in order to be an accurate represention of reality as we can know and understand it.

I myself find it unnecessary and obstructive to pick up a collection of texts and assert to myself that it is a representation of truth. Even history that I have no means of determining is an accurate portrayal of what once occured is not assumed to be absolute truth. I consider its possibillity and I seek to find that which I can learn from it.

I once had an acid trip in the Wisconsin River Valley, on top of a limestone bluff overlooking the river on a hill covered in trees, in a clearing of wild grass and a few conifers. This area of the state is known as the unglaciated area, in that the glaciers of the last Ice Age never imposed themselves on the terrain. This section of the river has literally been there for millions of years.

I could sense the history by observing what existed right then. The properties of the river, its flowing, its subsequent effects... wow I wish I was there right now (I have pictures on a camera that I need to take in and have developed, hopefully they turn out! :cool:).

We perceive reality and we are able to create a representation of what we perceive, and we have thought processes that allow ourselves to reconstruct the crime scene, so to speak. :smirk:

My point is that I focus on directly perceive that which presents itself to me in the moment, and I subsequently understand and know reality. Its all available in this moment. What I am getting to is that not yet has g*d appeared as g*d is preconceived to be in The Bible. :shrug:

Quote:

fivepointer, when was the last time you had an original thought? You are the type who'd likely decree an open mind as an open door for Satan or some such nonsense. Relax.

Hey, its detrimental to the discussion at hand to speculate in such a manner on the poster. Let's focus on the ideas. Criticize and refute the hell out of them if you wish. The personal nature of the posters involved is not up for debate. :wink:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: What shall be your excuse? You have been warned of the judgment to come. [Re: snakefinder]
    #6586824 - 02/19/07 07:39 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

snakefinder said:
are you one of those people who say rape is ok as long the woman is good looking?

What relevance does this question have in regards to what he said?

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: What shall be your excuse? You have been warned of the judgment to come. [Re: Silversoul]
    #6586830 - 02/19/07 07:40 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
I wonder what fivepointer's excuse will be when Kali comes for him.

Jesus Christ I hope Kali never comes for me when I'm on acid or mushrooms. :eek:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinesnakefinder
Stranger
Re: What shall be your excuse? You have been warned of the judgment to come. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6586834 - 02/19/07 07:40 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

snakefinder said:

What relevance does this question have in regards to what he said?

Well, he can't think of one reason to behave in a certain way, so I wanted to check if its really true

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: What shall be your excuse? You have been warned of the judgment to come. [Re: fivepointer]
    #6586846 - 02/19/07 07:43 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
So I tried to be a Christian the best I could. I still didn't understand it really. Traveled to the bookstores hoping to find a book that would explain it, no luck. Listened to TV and radio preachers, this didn't do anything for me. I now know anyone on TV or radio is 99% of the time a false teacher. I was given a Bible but still didn't "get it". I tried to follow what I read the best I could. Something strange was happening, the more I tried to be a "Christian" the more I was going in the opposite direction. The more I tried to love my neighbor, the more I realized I actually despise and hate my neighbor. Eventually over about six weeks this got progressively worse. I kept thinking how could I be a "Christian" and have such wicked thoughts that just seemed to magnify. I become a totally lost ball of ruin. I was a lost wretch, and if I were to be sent to hell it would be what I deserved. At the time I didn't know what was happening to me. This was Holy Spirit conviction, I was being showed who I was, and who Christ was and what His righteousness is. From that point on I knew I was saved. It was like a weight was taken off me. From that point on I "got it", and when I read the Bible I understood what it was saying, like it was a whole new book.

Don't you think maybe that you were too quick to label things? Too quick to take something beautiful and smash it into somebody else's mold? The transformation you experienced may have been incredible but what if you allowed yourself to interpret it using other peoples words and ideas? I think that if you keep yourself more open to the possibilities, think about all of this stuff outside of the rigid frame of mind imposed on you by other people throughout your life, you'll find much more personal and even more beautiful enlightenment. This wouldn't even necessarily exclude your beliefs but expand on them in a way that will allow you to become something much more.

You did all of those psychedelic drugs yet you seem to accept these beliefs at the whim of an invisible wind. Very odd.. and I'm not saying you're wrong, but what kind of response do you expect from people when you spout off all of the fire & brimstone catholic evangelicals are known for while ignorantly brushing off the beliefs of others? Maybe you should return for a moment back to the mindset you had in which you felt catholics were deluded and foolish and in which science was your only rule, and then assessing again your current beliefs. I think you've been maliciously duped. I mean, do you really not see hypocrisy in pretty much everything you're saying?

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: What shall be your excuse? You have been warned of the judgment to come. [Re: snakefinder]
    #6586851 - 02/19/07 07:45 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

He didn't assert that he doesn't have reasons and motivations for the manners in which he chooses to act, but he questioned whether or not "God" would need anyone to act in a certain way. Ultimately, I think he is asserting that there is no objective morality that is imposed upon us all.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: What shall be your excuse? You have been warned of the judgment to come. [Re: fivepointer]
    #6586981 - 02/19/07 08:16 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
Suffer not the little children to come to Him,

Careful brother.

Quote:

But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me

Mark 10:14 (King James Version)
http://bible.cc/mark/10-14.htm

Adding a "not" reverses the meaning of a sentence.

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, it's just that scripture is important and should not be misquoted.

Offlineck10n3
Imagine
Male

Loc: Here, now.
Re: What shall be your excuse? You have been warned of the judgment to come. [Re: shroomydan]
    #6588322 - 02/20/07 01:40 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

"All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom." - Albert Einstein

"Man is the religious animal. He is the only religious animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion –- several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat, if his theology isn't straight. He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother's path to happiness and heaven." - Mark Twain

--------------------
"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - The trip of a Life Time.

Indra's Net - There is an endless net of threads throughout the universe. The horizontal threads are in space. The vertical threads in time. At every crossing of threads there is an individual. And every individual is a crystal bead. The great light of absolute being illuminates and penetrates every crystal being, And every crystal being reflects not only the light from every other crystal in the net, But also every reflection of every reflection throughout the universe.

-cK

Edited by ck10n3 (02/20/07 11:15 AM)

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #6588935 - 02/20/07 09:41 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Smile everybody!

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: What shall be your excuse? You have been warned of the judgment to come. [Re: elbisivni]
    #6589013 - 02/20/07 10:48 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

You did all of those psychedelic drugs yet you seem to accept these beliefs at the whim of an invisible wind. Very odd.. and I'm not saying you're wrong, but what kind of response do you expect from people when you spout off all of the fire & brimstone catholic evangelicals are known for while ignorantly brushing off the beliefs of others? Maybe you should return for a moment back to the mindset you had in which you felt catholics were deluded and foolish and in which science was your only rule, and then assessing again your current beliefs. I think you've been maliciously duped. I mean, do you really not see hypocrisy in pretty much everything you're saying?

:thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: What shall be your excuse? You have been warned of the judgment to come. [Re: Icelander]
    #6589413 - 02/20/07 01:26 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Fivepointer is not Catholic Icy, he is a protestant fundamentalist who says that catholics are going to hell. Furthermore, there is no such thing as an "evangelical catholic" unless of course you mean a catholic who evangelizes, but that is not how the term "evangelical" is generally used.

Fivepointer's theology is about as far from catholic as you can get and still be considered Christian.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: What shall be your excuse? You have been warned of the judgment to come. [Re: shroomydan]
    #6589456 - 02/20/07 01:41 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Ice was quoting a previous post by someone else.

Offlinefivepointer
    #6590118 - 02/20/07 04:39 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Just for the record I do not consider myself a "Protestant fundamentalist". In today's setting this almost always means an Arminian (you can look that up). I do not consider Arminianism to be within the bounds of orthodoxy. Roman Catholics and almost all so called "Protestants" today almost all hold to a synergistic justification, the idea that man must sufficiently cooperate with grace to make it effective. I consider this damnable error. I would be a Calvinistic, Old School, Particular Baptist.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6590317 - 02/20/07 05:29 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I'm a human being. :mushroom2:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
    #6590636 - 02/20/07 06:52 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

It's all politics, fivepointer.

Just love God and enjoy God. Ultimate Reality as we know it does not need the defensive aid of humans. Hearts will be in Awe of Him - and other hearts will simply not desire Him.

In fact - you make it sound as if God is unbearable to be around if He systematically punishes those who don't like His company. God is the treasure of all treasures - the unseen wealth. He is pure gold hidden beneath rocks and cleaves of wood. To suggest that rejecting this treasure warrants damnation is like a King offering a palace to a peasent - and then subjecting him to the Iron maiden and torture boards because he doesn't want the palace. It simply defies logic. It's the peasent's own damn loss that he doesn't want the palace, just as it is the loss of those who so materialistically reject Deity - their punishment is simply continued exile from the Fullness of God; just as the peasent, if deprived of the palace long enough, he will eventually dwell in a self-created Hell that consists not of lakes of fire, but a state of unbearable exile and longing. The soul is said to pass through many lives before its thirst for God can no longer be ignored. And Lo! An ancient vessel has finally made its way home.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Offlinedruglord
Stranger
Re: What shall be your excuse? You have been warned of the judgment to come. [Re: Basilides]
    #6591120 - 02/20/07 08:24 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

fivepointer, following your deepest intuition doesn't lead everybody to the same conclusion. Even if you are seeking to address the feeling of guilt and corruption by worldly desires (even the desire to eat, for example), there are an infinite number of possible approaches. For many people, Christianity is not even a remote possibility. For anyone to pass judgement on someone else because that person is not living up to their ideals is absurd; to punish them for it is tyranny--nothing more than an exercise of power.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | Next >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies