Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Advice to help stop squeezing pimples
    #6580428 - 02/18/07 03:15 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I don't get a lot of pimples but when I do, I want to squeeze them. Anyway, I have a few pits, and I know that if I keep squeezing my pimples, the pits are going to get bigger and more noticable. So I was just wondering if anyone has been able to stop and what they did to stop. Or else if you never squeezed them, why not. Thanks in advance :smile:

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Advice to help stop squeezing pimples [Re: enotake2]
    #6580591 - 02/18/07 05:33 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

instead of squeezing them, spread em apart. when you squeeze and let go, your face sucks in - so it sucks the poison, dirt and oil in with it. When you spread it and release, it pushes more out.
This is a fucking science!

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Advice to help stop squeezing pimples [Re: kotik]
    #6580739 - 02/18/07 07:56 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kotik said:
instead of squeezing them, spread em apart. when you squeeze and let go, your face sucks in - so it sucks the poison, dirt and oil in with it. When you spread it and release, it pushes more out.
This is a fucking science!

Lol!:)

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Advice to help stop squeezing pimples [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6580913 - 02/18/07 10:02 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

thats how you get splinters out...

seriously, you may want to deal with the source of the problem opposed to the result. washing your face daily just might help.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: Advice to help stop squeezing pimples [Re: kotik]
    #6582154 - 02/18/07 04:35 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Eh, pimples are a lil more complicated than jsut regular washing for some people (Im one ofthem I know).

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Advice to help stop squeezing pimples [Re: eligal]
    #6582180 - 02/18/07 04:42 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

From what I know, there are some antibiotics treatments which you could do to get rid of them, also there are some special gels that contain antibiotics that work really well. My bf used to have these and he rid them in one month after starting the treatment.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineKingDavid
Stranger
Re: Advice to help stop squeezing pimples [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6583282 - 02/18/07 09:45 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Acne can be cut down MAJORLY by cleaning out your intestinal (Cascara Sagrada or Senna) and urinal (Dandelion or Chickweed) tract. Regular washing with an oil free acne wash will help clear things up also. Don't pop them!

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: Advice to help stop squeezing pimples [Re: KingDavid]
    #6595118 - 02/21/07 07:08 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

yeah preventing the pimples from even occurring will get the job done nicely.

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #6596986 - 02/22/07 10:45 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Everytime you pop one, you spawn 5 baby ones - don't forget that!

OfflineApJunkie
part-time Ninja
Male

Loc: Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:
    #6597007 - 02/22/07 10:55 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

KingDavid said:
Acne can be cut down MAJORLY by cleaning out your intestinal (Cascara Sagrada or Senna) and urinal (Dandelion or Chickweed) tract. Regular washing with an oil free acne wash will help clear things up also. Don't pop them!

where do you buy those things?

well... I guess I know where to get dandelions... :wink:

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #6597085 - 02/22/07 11:44 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

but its just so damn satisfying

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: Advice to help stop squeezing pimples [Re: barfightlard]
    #6607152 - 02/24/07 11:18 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

LOL. That's my problem. Though I found a site the other day about stopping squeezing and it argued that the pimple goes away quicker if you dont squeeze and gets worse or more come up if you do squeeze them. But then it didn't play out that they went away quicker over the week. Then I squeezed them. They are still there....anyway I dont know what to believe now. Maybe I should try some benzoyl peroxide and a few of the strategies mentioned here and give that a go. need to do some controlled research. Maybe I'll table time to disappearance with different options!! Though I guess even if they do go away quicker with squeezing it doesnt solve the scarring problem which is a pretty strong reason not to squeeze. The scars are not really too noticible at the moment in fact most people say my skin is good, but it will probably get worse...

OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
    #6608530 - 02/25/07 12:24 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Antibiotics work great, and fast, but most of the time they are only temporary. A few weeks after you stop taking them - and you can't take antibiotics forever - you'll start breaking out again.

There's a medication called Accutane, which works wonders for pimples, but does a number on your liver. If you're taking this medication, you will have to submit blood tests monthly because your liver function has to be monitored for any signs of damage. The medication basically works by drying out your skin. Unfortunately, your lips and eyes also dry up, so during the treatment session (usually six months), you need to constantly apply eye drops and moisturizer for your skin and lips (Chap Stick or Cocoa butter).

Some users report that their lips and eyes are still dry even months after their session with Accutane has ended. Others report some minor breakout post-treatment, but for most people, this is a permanent solution. There's a group of mothers going around trying to get Accutane banned because it has the potential to cause suicidal tendencies. This is silly and has nothing to do with the drug's chemistry.

I don't support banning Accutane. It's one medication that actually does what it's supposed to - VERY well -, and while it has some terrible side effects, I am pro-choice and believe that after you've been warned about a substance, you're free to use it if you choose to.

If you want advice on how to stop squeezing your pimples, here: Just stop. Just don't do it. I don't believe that any addiction is anything more than psychological. You should work on improving your self-esteem and will-power. This will benefit you a lot more than finding a solution just to stop yourself from squeezing your pimples because you can't resist.

Wash your face daily and apply a moisturizer whenever it's dry. Don't wash with anti-bacterial soap, or any soap that isn't meant to be used specifically for your face. Get yourself a decent face cleanser (Cetaphil is good) and use it after waking up and before going to bed. Wash your face with warm water, rinse it with cold water, pat dry, and then moisturize it. Change your pillow case often, because if they get oily, they will clog your pores and help bacteria bloom.

Washing your face too much can dry it out by constantly washing away the oil your skin naturally produces to keep itself moist. This results in your skin producing more oil to compensate, which will give you pimples. This is why we don't use any 'ol soap to wash our face.

Your diet should also be in check. I won't go into detail about this here. Just don't eat the obvious junk. Stay away from soda, diet soda, sugar, anything oily, etc. This will help your health overall, more than it'll directly help your acne.

Don't let your acne ruin your self-esteem. I'm always surprised by the people who complain about their acne, because their case is usually trivial and something I've never noticed until they mentioned it.

OnlineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Advice to help stop squeezing pimples [Re: Quake3]
    #6608753 - 02/25/07 01:47 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

id say enjoy it. get a grilfriend who wants to pop your pimples, then youll have a much more pleasant experience. lol

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Offlineserendipitythenot
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Re: Advice to help stop squeezing pimples [Re: ManianFH]
    #6610051 - 02/25/07 07:44 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

lol my boyfriend gets mad when i try to pop his pimples.. its so fun though, and i have none of my own to pop.

Offlineimagine
Psychic
Male

Loc: CA
Re: Advice to help stop squeezing pimples [Re: serendipitythenot]
    #6611595 - 02/26/07 05:20 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i only pop mine if it has a white head!

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #6615489 - 02/27/07 02:47 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Only "pop" them when they are 'ripe'...

Never force.. Then you only "backfire" ...

Also, never pop more than one... Wash up, and pop another...

The dirt spreads..

InvisibleChiefGreenLeaf

Re: Advice to help stop squeezing pimples [Re: Gomp]
    #7916213 - 01/22/08 06:27 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.absoluteacneinfo.com/

This site will tell you how to treat the cause and not the symptoms. Also check out earth clinic. Their apple cider vinegar and coconut oil articles are very informative. ACV has really helped me with all around health, but has really improved my skin. Holistic treatments like these will really help if you strive for a healthier lifestyle too. The internet is your friend. Research.

InvisibleFondaCox
Ms.firstrecipientofaPMBanEVER
Female User Gallery

Loc: CanoooooooDIA
    #7922177 - 01/23/08 10:09 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

poppin pimples on someone else is fun, I call it playing monkey...

:crazy2:

OfflineCubie
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
Re: Advice to help stop squeezing pimples [Re: ApJunkie]
    #7922818 - 01/24/08 12:34 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Stop caring.

I used to have acne and I used to stand in front of the mirror wishing I could just cut my face off....
Eventuley I got so depressed I didn't care how I looked and stoped picking. The acne went away like a month after that.
Nothing helped it. Not washing my face 5 times a day. Not meds. Or that proactive shit

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies