Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
At the end of my rope-Please help!
    #652677 - 05/30/02 06:14 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

After 3 completly failed attempts at doing PF tek I am frustrated beyond belief. I am at a total loss to figure out what step I am screwing up in. I am not a newbie but had to switch to steaming substrates after my PC cracked and I don't have the cash to get a new one right now. I really need help to figure out where it is I am going wrong. Here is my system-

Prints made by myself in a glovebox. Failure has included two different strains made into syringes 2 seperate times.

Syringes were made from creek water which was boiled, sucked into the syringes 3-4 times and squirted out into seperate container. On the last refill of water the boiling water was left in the syring and it was then rolled into foil and boiled again for an hour. Prints were scraped into a sterile jar and then water from syringes was squirted into jar then sucked back into syringe, all in a glovebox.

Syringes have been stored for only a very short time before use. As mentioned, jars were done standard PF maximum fruiting formula.

Jars were steamed for 1.5 hours then innoculated when cool. Then they were placed in incubation chamber at 86 degrees.

I am getting the invisible, stinky bacteria every time in every jar. I am thinking my problem is not in the substrate but somewhere in my syringes or possibly spore printing.

If anyone has any insight into this please let me know.

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: At the end of my rope-Please help! [Re: upupup]
    #652793 - 05/30/02 07:11 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Could be the print.....

Do another batch, include a few extra.
Out of this few extra, don't inoculate a couple, innoculate a couple with just plain water (make syringes with plain water, when you make your syringes) and do a couple as normal.

This will narrow it down to where the problem is.

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: At the end of my rope-Please help! [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #652816 - 05/30/02 07:18 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

If the ones without innoculation or all jars ........ review whole process..... not enough sterilisation.
If the ones innoculated w/ plain water comtaminate, ( ones done as normal should too).... its your syringe making process.
If the ones done as normal, and none of the others........ its the print.

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: At the end of my rope-Please help! [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #653128 - 05/30/02 09:06 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

dont use creek water. tap works fine or bottled.

If you make yer jars too wet the will get bacteria alot.

WHat is steamed too? BOil yer jars.

Boiled pftek jars should not contam unless yer using dirty syringes or dirty prints.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: At the end of my rope-Please help! [Re: baraka]
    #657086 - 06/01/02 07:06 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks ya'll. I do have the sneaking suspicion that it's when I am making syringes. Never can be too carefull but it looks like I wasn't carefull enough. Tough lessons. I will update when I try your suggestions.

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: At the end of my rope-Please help! [Re: upupup]
    #657104 - 06/01/02 07:16 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

easy way to make sterile syringe if you have a good print is to... boil up a little water and let it boil for a min or 2. SUck up and purge the boiling water a few times. Take the water of the burner and wait for it to stop boiling. Suck up water and wait for it to cool. Sterilize a shot glass with alcohol, hands, needle and a knife and spray some lysol around for good measure. Scrape spores into the shot glass with the clean knife. Squirt the water into the shotglass with a little force to stur up the spores. Suck up all the water and you got a syringe that should work 99% of the time. Glove box isnt really needed.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Edited by baraka (06/01/02 07:17 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures