Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleshroompicker
Stranger
cobweb mold on experimental compost
    #656258 - 05/31/02 04:25 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I've been trying a bulk substate experiment with a compost called "Posey Power" which is comprised of sterlized horse manure, gypsum and many wonderfull additives mushrooms love. I also blend this with wheat straw to exteend a 30 pound bag of posey power as far as it will go. I have been pasturizing the blend at 160 degrees for 45 min. I let it drip dry many hours and then squeeze out any excess water. When I mix in my spawn, it takes to the blend like wildfire, however, so does cobweb mold in a couple of days. I have the blend in a clear rubbermaid container with the bottom taped, holes drilled in the sides at an average temp of 78 degrees. I've been able to fight of the cobweb with fresh air/light routine and also h202. However I don't think this is really a great thing to have to keep doing while the spawn runs. My question is this, based on the description of the preparation, why am I having such a consistent problem with cobweb, which I might add i did not have with straw only as a bulk substrate? IS it moisture content? THe hunidity in the container when it's closed is 92 percent.
P.S., using the juice from the blend to soak and pressure cook my birdseed produces a full spawn run from agar wedge in @ week in the pint size canning jar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenw2shroom
shroom deity
Loc: Tu hablas el Spanglish??
Re: cobweb mold on experimental compost [Re: shroompicker]
    #657071 - 06/01/02 06:57 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

if you think that compost is really worth using, you should try using mycobags of it, in a big PC, sterilizing it, then adding youre spores, or spawn , in a clean area (i use a hepa box) letting it colonize fully, then letting it out to caseing, and the unclean enviroment, you will see good results that way...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder