Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
Iran attack by spring?
    #6549552 - 02/10/07 02:15 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

US preparations for an air strike against Iran are at an advanced stage, in spite of repeated public denials by the Bush administration, according to informed sources in Washington.
The present military build-up in the Gulf would allow the US to mount an attack by the spring. But the sources said that if there was an attack, it was more likely next year, just before Mr Bush leaves office.

Neo-conservatives, particularly at the Washington-based American Enterprise Institute, are urging Mr Bush to open a new front against Iran. So too is the vice-president, Dick Cheney. The state department and the Pentagon are opposed, as are Democratic congressmen and the overwhelming majority of Republicans. The sources said Mr Bush had not yet made a decision. The Bush administration insists the military build-up is not offensive but aimed at containing Iran and forcing it to make diplomatic concessions. The aim is to persuade Tehran to curb its suspect nuclear weapons programme and abandon ambitions for regional expansion.

Colonel Sam Gardiner, a former air force officer who has carried out war games with Iran as the target, supported the view that planning for an air strike was under way: "Gates said there is no planning for war. We know this is not true. He possibly meant there is no plan for an immediate strike. It was sloppy wording.

"All the moves being made over the last few weeks are consistent with what you would do if you were going to do an air strike. We have to throw away the notion the US could not do it because it is too tied up in Iraq. It is an air operation."

"I do not think anyone in the US is talking about invasion. We have been chastened by the experience of Iraq, even a hawk like myself." But an air strike was another matter.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/iran/story/0,,2010086,00.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: Iran attack by spring? [Re: Alex213]
    #6550784 - 02/10/07 02:02 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I blame the American Enterprise Institute.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #6550845 - 02/10/07 02:23 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

A real Bush doesn't move aircraft carriers around just as a warning. That would be a waste of gas.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Iran attack by spring? [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #6550896 - 02/10/07 02:43 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

In a real Bush' mind, the only waste of gas is unused gas.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
    #6550903 - 02/10/07 02:46 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

How much more money can America give to it's military industrial complex? Fuck man, the Iraq war has cost how much so far? A trillion or so? Now tack on another war to that tab. At some point it's going to become a big drag.

It's funny that so many Americans think the governmnet spending all this money on killing foreigners and making the world hate America and enriching Lockheed Martin is better than say, paying the health insurance bill for the population.

Lots of other countries seem to get by just fine without running around the world picking fights. America likes to send ignorant 19 year olds into other countries with the latest in weapons technology. Next thing you know, some are killed, more are maimed and some are saving brains from their kills and puting them in the refrigerator. Not exactly a wholesome activity.

I can only shake my head and thank God I'm not a part of it.

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: Iran attack by spring? [Re: Seuss]
    #6550908 - 02/10/07 02:50 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
In a real Bush' mind, the only waste of gas is unused gas.

Same goes for an undeployed soldier, or an unspent treasury dollar.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #6550912 - 02/10/07 02:51 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

The US cant afford to put boots down in Iran, Since Irans economy is at 30-40% unemployment, We are going to use subversive elements in Iran to collapse the government, Probably Azeris,Kurds and Bolochs.

the US has also positioned strong FOBs in Bolochistan, If Iran attacks these positions it will tangle Pakistan as well, Saudia Arabia, Turkey, Hezbollah,Lebanon,Israel, and Afghanistan could be drawn into the fight.

Iran also in a recent comminique talked about abducting americans by the IRGC
http://memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SD145707
Quote:

In a January 29, 2007 article titled "Cheaper and Easier than Chinese Goods" in the Iranian weekly Sobh-e Sadeq, which is the mouthpiece of Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei circulated among the Revolutionary Guards, elements in the Revolutionary Guards threatened to abduct U.S. soldiers around the world: "Top American officials must understand that because they deploy their troops in Iraq, Afghanistan, Central Asia and the Caucasus, Pakistan, India, the African continent, Latin America, and even in Europe, capturing them and transferring them to any destination is easier than preparing a container of cheap Chinese goods [for shipment].

"When the American security officers fall easily to the untrained and inexperienced Mahdi Army forces, and when a senior [Israeli] Mossad official is liquidated at the wave of a hand in Paris, and when a ship belonging to the English forces disappears in the Arvand River [in the Persian Gulf] under unclear circumstances - all these can constitute a clear message to those who entertain false imaginings in their minds... All it would take is for [Iran] to open its wallet a little [to its supporters in various parts of the world], and we will witness long lines of blond, blue-eyed officers who will become the prisoners of the fighting cocks who wait only for a signal - and a word to the wise is sufficient." [7]

In addition, Heshmatollah Falahat-Pishe, member of Iran's Parliamentary National Security and Foreign Policy Committee, said: "There is a possibility of the outbreak of spreading war in the region, and this is because Iran has red lines that will be crossed [even] by the entrance of a single missile and by [any preparation] for war... Iran's red lines are different from those of the other countries. [The Americans] know very well that in the event of an attack on Iran, American interests in the [Middle East] region will be targeted, which would endanger 26% of the world's energy sources." [8]

Right now the situation is of Cold War status, And the two battlefields are Iraq and Lebanon, Iran is using its proxy armies like Hezbollah and Shiite militias in Iraq to get its dirty deeds done.

Iran has also been getting very buddy buddy with Syria, and Palestinian Islamic Jihad and Hamas, flowing their coffers with money and arms.

If feedback loops are not reinstated then the outcome will usually be war. However though Iran has urged recently for talks on their nuclear programs but judgeing from their recent rhetoric i find it hard to believe.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/Talks-can-end-atom-standoff-Iran/2007/02/11/1171128794962.html
Quote:

Iran insisted on Saturday an escalating dispute with the West over its nuclear activity could be resolved by negotiation as its security chief arrived in Germany for meetings with EU leaders.

Edited by The_Red_Crayon (02/10/07 02:52 PM)

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: Iran attack by spring? [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #6550937 - 02/10/07 03:03 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Excellent assessment.

I predict Bush will agree to no talks, and a surgical airstrike of Iran's nuclear facility will ultimately result, including a total disregard of the anticipated consequences from Iran's response.

Because "America is badass just like Texas". Also because nothing bad can ever happen to the united States.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #6550947 - 02/10/07 03:07 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Wars of such magnitude never play out like you want them, you need to appease the god of war because he's the great decider.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: Iran attack by spring? [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #6550949 - 02/10/07 03:07 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Your extra $50 is in the bag. Spend it as soon as you get it would be my advice.

--------------------

Invisibleelbisivni
    #6551410 - 02/10/07 05:09 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I'll ask the big question:

When WW3 begins which way will you go; north or south?

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: Iran attack by spring? [Re: elbisivni]
    #6551514 - 02/10/07 05:48 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I'm goin' North. I don't like tar Heroin or Schwag, but Vancouver rocks!

--------------------

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
    #6556379 - 02/11/07 11:05 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

"When countries designated by the ... Report to have poor human rights records or serious patterns of abuse are factored in, 20 of the top 25 U.S. arms clients in the developing world in 2003 -- a full 80% -- were either undemocratic regimes or governments with records of major human rights abuses."

More bloodthristy propaganda on the way
by P.M. Carpenter | Feb 11 2007 - 10:46am | permalink
article tools: email | print | read more P.M. Carpenter

The Bush administration's crack propaganda team is once again working overtime, urging the American public into a distracted fit of martial indignation.

Accordingly, sometime today or tomorrow Neocon Central is "expected to make public ... some of what intelligence agencies regard as an increasing body of evidence pointing to an Iranian link" to Iraqi Shiite-deployed provisions of a deadly brand of I.E.D.s, known as "explosively formed penetrators."

Once again, its announcement "[will reflect] broad agreement among American intelligence agencies." (Can you hear the arm bones cracking with the twists?)

Once again, the administration's civilian and military officials swear they are "not trying to lay the basis for an American attack." You betcha. And I'm Paul Wolfowitz.

And once again -- and choicest of all -- they'll savor the coming blockbuster of absolute certainty by presently "acknowledg[ing] that the picture is not entirely complete."

But allow me to round out the picture for them now, and even assume for the moment that whatever they're selling this weekend is, or soon will be, as damningly complete as damning evidence can be.

First, to hear the Bush administration wax philosophically to our historically challenged citizenry, one would think foreign intervention into conflicts involving American forces is an insidiously novel development -- one we are just now waking up to, and up with which we will not put, to paraphrase Churchill's whimsical syntax.

Third-party foreign intervention, necocons either imply or declare, is an outrageous and intolerable provocation to be swiftly and militarily countered. They are puzzled, incensed, that outside forces could be so rude as to interfere with what should be our wholly owned war.

What's more, and more to the fear-inspiring point, they solemnly suggest such third-party interventionism is a new and dangerous terrorist trend, illustrative only of the new and dangerous "war on terror" in which we find ourselves.

Except, of course, it's not new at all. Proxy warfare among major powers is more the unfortunate norm.

For example in our last and longest excellent neocon adventure, the Vietnam War, the Soviet Union infused North Vietnam with military advisors, artillery, ground-to-air missiles and other assorted trifles of human destruction. But, thankfully and sanely, we didn't launch World War III against the Soviet Union.

During the Vietnam War the People's Republic of China sent arms, engineers and anti-aircraft personnel to North Vietnam. But, thankfully and sanely, we didn't launch World War III against China.

And during the Vietnam War, North Korea supplied North Vietnam with a fighter squadron and additional anti-aircraft artillery.

But, thankfully and sanely, we didn't launch what would have quickly transformed into World War III against North Korea, either.

On another front of clarification for our hopelessly hapless and hypocritical neocons, let us also be clear in acknowledging that the United States is the least noble schoolmaster of noninterventionist finger pointing and humanly rightful democracy building.

According to the World Policy Institute, "In 2003, the last year for which full information is available, the United States transferred weaponry to 18 of the 25 countries involved in active conflicts." The list of belligerents we aided circles the globe.

Furthermore, "In 2003, more than half of the top 25 recipients of U.S. arms transfers in the developing world (13 of 25) were defined as undemocratic by" our very own State Department’s Human Rights Report.

And "When countries designated by the ... Report to have poor human rights records or serious patterns of abuse are factored in, 20 of the top 25 U.S. arms clients in the developing world in 2003 -- a full 80% -- were either undemocratic regimes or governments with records of major human rights abuses."

In short, we possess a sorry record to be lecturing others on arms transfers to the less than democratically giddy. Nor will the historical record of third-party interventionism square with the "unique circumstances" of Iran's interference that we're about to be fed by the trigger-happy Bush administration.

As the neocons gin up the war drums again, it would be well advised to keep the above items uppermost in mind, rather than entertaining for even one minute their inventive propaganda.
_______

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: Iran attack by spring? [Re: carbonhoots]
    #6557538 - 02/12/07 10:09 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I wonder, if Iraq had of gone smoother, how much closer would we be to the end of the world. lol

It is time for change, but it seems change is impossible now.

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

Offlinetrippindad82
Trusted Cultivator of Trich
Male

Loc: down, down the hole
Re: Iran attack by spring? [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #6557557 - 02/12/07 10:16 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I think it's sad that this change will never come. It makes me feel ashamed that a President was almost impeached for lying about a blowjob, yet when a president lies about intelligence and brings America into a war under false pretenses (LIES) that Americans are jumping up and down yelling "impeach Bush". It would seem that we as a nation (or many of the citizens here) have lost sight of our priorities.

Iran, North Korea, and anyone else who stands for a different belief, here we come!!!

--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^

--------------------------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: Iran attack by spring? [Re: trippindad82]
    #6557581 - 02/12/07 10:25 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Well, it's a great time for anarchists and athiests everywhere! Bush's actions directly challenge any "God" which may happen to exist.

Soon we'll all know for sure if there's really a higher power or not.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #6557583 - 02/12/07 10:26 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

trippindad82 said:
I think it's sad that this change will never come. It makes me feel ashamed that a President was almost impeached for lying about a blowjob, yet when a president lies about intelligence and brings America into a war under false pretenses (LIES) that Americans are jumping up and down yelling "impeach Bush". It would seem that we as a nation (or many of the citizens here) have lost sight of our priorities.

Iran, North Korea, and anyone else who stands for a different belief, here we come!!!

Please quote for us the lies. Thank you in advance for your failure.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: Iran attack by spring? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #6557587 - 02/12/07 10:28 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

"There are WMD's in Iraq"? Why do you deny what everyone knows? Just to muddle the debate?

--------------------

Offlinetrippindad82
Trusted Cultivator of Trich
Male

Loc: down, down the hole
    #6557613 - 02/12/07 10:39 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Lightningfractal said:
"There are WMD's in Iraq"? Why do you deny what everyone knows? Just to muddle the debate?

Thanks. Isn't this what led us into the war in the first place? And since the war haven't we learned that Bush and gang knew before they even went to war using these claims that there were no weapons of mass destruction? Did we already forget the Valorie Plume (and husband) incident? The very person who did the research came out and said "The report I handed in said there were no WMD." Therefore, IMO the reasons that we went to war with Iraq were LIES. And if our President lied, (like William Jefferson Clinton), can't he be impeached? Not only that, but hasn't it come out as well that there were ZERO ties between Iraq and alQaida? Yet another lie?

--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^

--------------------------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #6557627 - 02/12/07 10:49 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Isn't this what led us into the war in the first place?

It was one of the reasons Congress cited in its authorization for the use of military force in Iraq, yes.

Quote:

And since the war haven't we learned that Bush and gang knew before they even went to war using these claims that there were no weapons of mass destruction?

No, we haven't learned Bush knew beforehand.

Quote:

Did we already forget the Valorie Plume (and husband) incident?

You mean the incident where Joe Wilson was told by members of the government of Niger that a trade delegation from Iraq had visited in 1999 for the purpose of re-opening trade negotiations, and that since Iraq had bought yellowcake from Niger in the past, they interpreted this request to mean Iraq wanted to buy yellowcake again?

Yes, I remember it. Do you?

Quote:

Not only that, but hasn't it come out as well that there were ZERO ties between Iraq and alQaida?

No, it has been confirmed there were many ties between Iraq and Al Qaeda. More confirmation emerges every so often as more and more of the millions of captured documents are translated.

Phred

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom