Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Fitting in with the world
    #6553125 - 02/11/07 02:16 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

for a while i was the quiet one who kept to myself. i was going through an intensely depressing time of my life, so i wasn't too outgoing. to many, i was just a weird person.it got so bad,i could hardly hang out with people.i would be with friends, yet i felt completely alone. I'm finally getting over being the shy and quiet one, and starting to be more outgoing.i now realize that everyone treats me better when I'm not shady and un-talkative. i never cared about impressing people and fitting in. but doing so put me at the opposite side of the spectrum and made me distant from the world.

after many years of feeling completely alone, i finally got a little ego boost. so how can i keep a higher ego without being the person who i have tried so hard not to be? whats the barrier between someone with a high ego and the asshole who thinks they are better than everyone?

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: Fitting in with the world [Re: danlennon3]
    #6553134 - 02/11/07 02:22 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Don't hold your self back or try to keep your ego in line. Become stronger and more bold. Its much better then being that quite type guy. That doesn't mean you have to betray yourself. Your values don't need to change, but from a social aspect..what your doing seems healthy and smart.

good job and good luck!

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

#6553143 - 02/11/07 02:24 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

The world is probably lying to you

--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #6553272 - 02/11/07 03:40 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Is it possible to think highly of yourself by comparing yourself to others and still not think (or act) as if you were better than them?

I don't think so, the idea is a paradox to me.

The best attitude is not to think highly of yourself but to think of yourself, and everybody else around you, as a lowly consolidation of dust. That way you can get all this comparing out of the way and get to just being a lowly pile of dust in whatever way you want because who gives a shit what all the others piles of dust think of you. They are nothing, just dust

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Edited by DirtMcgirt (02/11/07 03:41 AM)

OfflineFL_accciD
Jack's Paranoia
Male

Loc: midwest
Re: Fitting in with the world [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #6553276 - 02/11/07 03:50 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

the ego, like everything else in life, is beneficial only in moderation.

fuck everyone else, live your life as you wish live it

angry existentialism right?

--------------------
- - - T H E E N D - - -

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Fitting in with the world [Re: FL_accciD]
    #6553285 - 02/11/07 04:03 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I suppose thats what you could call it.

Everybody is a figment of your own mind

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

Loc: Classified
    #6553292 - 02/11/07 04:12 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

danlennon3 said:

after many years of feeling completely alone, i finally got a little ego boost. so how can i keep a higher ego without being the person who i have tried so hard not to be?

Stay enlightened.

Quote:

whats the barrier between someone with a high ego and the asshole who thinks they are better than everyone?

Enlightenment.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #6553324 - 02/11/07 05:19 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

i could hardly hang out with people.i would be with friends, yet i felt completely alone.

you say this like it's a bad thing. In some ways it can be, but when you consider how many people can't even be alone with themselves...

Quote:

i now realize that everyone treats me better when I'm not shady and un-talkative. i never cared about impressing people and fitting in.

Why does it matter how people treat you? If they are treating you poorly because you're "shady" and "un-talkative" then are those really people that you want to be around? Do you now care about impressing people and fitting in? Why should you have to impress someone (think of it as entertain someone) to fit in?

Quote:

but doing so put me at the opposite side of the spectrum and made me distant from the world.

I've realized, for me in my life, that the state of society, the culture that we live in (at least in the US and most "major cities") is not for me. By distancing myself from the world, and coming into contact with those who feel the same as I do, I am a happier person. I want little to no part in watching tv, surfing the internet (even though I do, a lot), being in school, making small talk (sports, weather, whatever), or having conversations about someone's relationship problems (which are most likely caused by themselves or allowed to continue), or about the new cell phone/game system that someone bought.

Strip away the (especially material) bullshit and see what people have left.

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
    #6553477 - 02/11/07 07:43 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

This bothers me too. I feel my life is a platitude in some respects. I try hard to live a decent life, while keeping my ego in line.

I've recently become less of a hermit myself, and my ego is definitely starting to grow.

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Fitting in with the world [Re: demiu5]
    #6553626 - 02/11/07 10:02 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i dont care what people think of me... but i do want more women to notice me:thumbup:

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds