Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefetalscab
 User Gallery

Loc: not quite sure? Flag
bright yellow
    #6542938 - 02/08/07 02:43 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

so in the past ive had something similar happen to me, when i was making my first batch of pf jars some of my jars had brownish-yellow patches that kind of looked like dirty water...some of my expierienced friends told me not to worry it was just extra moisture. well i just continued as normal and they all fruited beautifully and i had no signs of contam after that at all. now i am having the same thing in my grain jars but instead of brownish-yellow it is like, bright, neon yellow! im wondering if it just the same thing only different color because of the different substrate, i am using 50/50 rye and soft white winter wheat. any ideas? i wish i had a camera but i dont. another thing i noticed is it is all settled at the bottom of the jars, and the mycellium is still going strong, so i guess what i am wondering is has anyone had this same type of thing happen and has anyone ever heard of a form of contam that is bright yellow?

--------------------
The mind is a bright blue sky
Clouds are thoughts and feelings floating by
You have them but you are not them
Whatever you do
Don't let them have you

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: bright yellow [Re: fetalscab]
    #6542948 - 02/08/07 02:47 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Metabolites. They're crystal clear when excreted, but soon soak up the color of whatever substrate they're against. They're normal and not a problem, unless you're incubating at high temperature, in which case they're a defense mechanism against bacteria and competitor molds which are stimulated by high temps.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinefetalscab
 User Gallery

Loc: not quite sure? Flag
Re: bright yellow [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6542961 - 02/08/07 02:54 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

thanks alot man i was really kind of worried but if you say its ok then i deffinately trust you, is it at all possible though to mistake metabolites w/contam, i mean if it starts to spread all over the jar is that bad because like i said it seems to be just on the bottom but i just looked at them after i made that post and i am starting to see it in other places but it all seems to be only right up against the glass an on the bottom...but it definately looks like just straight up yellow moisture as apposed to mold

--------------------
The mind is a bright blue sky
Clouds are thoughts and feelings floating by
You have them but you are not them
Whatever you do
Don't let them have you

Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies