Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Life is intrinsically meaningless [Re: JstHereFrTheCake]
    #6546089 - 02/08/07 10:18 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JstHereFrTheCake said:
Quote:

cilosyb said:

Speak for yourself, I have free will. I'm doing exactly what I want right now and I could go do anything else. I don't live by conditioning and just do whatever the fuck I please. Only enaced fear will keep you from experiencing 'free will', and even then you are choosing to express fear and conditioning and ego. You always are choosing what you wish to experience, if even unconsciously - at some level, it is you making that choice.

I am sick of people saying this. You could in fact not be doing what ever you want right now. You made the decisions that got you to right now based on your conditioning (mental, emotional and ultimately physical evolution) you could not have made any other decisions. If you think you could have you are fooling yourself into think that because of your conditioning. "free will" doesn't really exist, you may as well believe that you have it because the complexity of your development and personality are so complex that it isn't likely we will ever know the equation. That's what you have to understand. The universe is just math, it's an equation that is acting itself out in a linear fashion. What happens happens and couldn't have happened any other way than it happened.

No one can see the future, so for some reason we trick our selfs into believing that we can change it, however the future will always happen just as it is going to happen. Now you may read this and say "screw that I am going to go change the world for the better" and you may actually do it, however you only did it because of your programmed emotional response to this post (this is a hypothetical I don't actually expect ppl to get that riled up over my post).

The point is that that there is nothing but cause and effect and there has never been anything but. there is no randomness in the universe, math is the ultimate order. 1+1 is always 2, it doesn't suddenly become 5 on occasion.

anyway I agree with the guy who started the thread. life is great because we get to decide whats great to us. It society telling us we need other things to be happy that makes life shitty sometimes.

What if the truth in your words was expressed in a different metaphor? Life is a blank canvas, there are a lot of paints. Society gives us a standard set of colors, and they are not very beautiful. There are some lucrative rare colors that one can dredge up if he is inclined. One can paint nothing but within the stencils given, or he can do his best to use all the resources of the entire collective brains of all humans to create his own very complex stenciled patterns and everything of the sort.

Why, how, etc? Yes it is math, but math is only one half of the brain. If you state it in a more appealing way it suddenly becomes a miracle instead of an equation. With finite resources we can create infinite combinations. Most music sounds almost the same, but some continues to push boundaries of human consciousness... because music can be anything and the possible combinations are likely far too big to ever be calculated or counted. Yet, this incalculability can be grasped by the right brain.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: Life is intrinsically meaningless [Re: Grok]
    #6546098 - 02/08/07 10:21 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

:smile: I like your post.  thank you for reminding me.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #6547143 - 02/09/07 10:22 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Hehe cylob, I agree with everything you say, BUT how can you then explain a purpose of a tree, lets say for a bird ?
Or the purpose of a stone which gives a seed space to growth because of the stone providing as slipstream for the seed against the wind.
Or the purpose of wings for a bird. Or legs for an animal ?

It's everywhere and most intrinsic !

I really don't get it, but perhaps it is some strange language problem. In german language it seems quite clear.

edit:Maybe perhaps because meaning and purpose only exist in dualities/dependencies/relationships ?

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Edited by BlueCoyote (02/09/07 10:30 AM)

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Life is intrinsically meaningless [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #6547250 - 02/09/07 11:22 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

of course life is meaningless, cause meaning is meaningless, each concept has a deep meaning with its meaning making the previous inferior to the current, until nothing which you understood, makes any sense in the here and now, at least thats how I felt on shit load of shrooms

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Re: Life is intrinsically meaningless [Re: capliberty]
    #6547416 - 02/09/07 12:20 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Consider life in relative meaning to consciousnes ?! Then life and existence, then all three together and add a spicey bit of 'reality' into it and mix their purpose and meaning on each other
:grin: :shrug:  :nut: :thumbup:

--------------------
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Offlineck10n3
Imagine
Male

Loc: Here, now.
    #6547529 - 02/09/07 01:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Life is intrinsically meaningless, because IT just IS.

--------------------
"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - The trip of a Life Time.

Indra's Net - There is an endless net of threads throughout the universe. The horizontal threads are in space. The vertical threads in time. At every crossing of threads there is an individual. And every individual is a crystal bead. The great light of absolute being illuminates and penetrates every crystal being, And every crystal being reflects not only the light from every other crystal in the net, But also every reflection of every reflection throughout the universe.

-cK

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
    #6547621 - 02/09/07 01:46 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BlueCoyote said:
Hehe cylob, I agree with everything you say, BUT how can you then explain a purpose of a tree, lets say for a bird ?
Or the purpose of a stone which gives a seed space to growth because of the stone providing as slipstream for the seed against the wind.
Or the purpose of wings for a bird. Or legs for an animal ?

It's everywhere and most intrinsic !

Trees like being trees, or so they've told me - they provide us with all sorts of goodness. It's all an incredibly beautiful interconnected web of life, every aspect of which helps the entire process (save ignorant humans). The trees and birds and we are One. Everything makes everything else possible - that is the purpose. I suppose you could say that the purpose of life is to provide us with an opportunity to choose what we want the meaning and purpose to be, to decide who we want to be, and how we want to experience life. It's the ultimate freedom of choice, to me it gives many insights into the nature of life/God itself, that we have unlimited freedom of choice, and that the life giving forces on earth give life on no conditions.

Everything wants to be what it is, everything is evolving, consciously and spiritually, through the experiecnes provided through form (body and mind) and the contextual field of experience made possible by the universe for experience (light cannot be experienced without dark, up without down, here without there, etc). What are we evolving towards? Whatever we choose to.

My thoughts, anyway.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Invisiblemarybell
sALLy.caNt.daNce
Female

Re: Life is intrinsically meaningless [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #6547633 - 02/09/07 01:50 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

AlteredAgain said:
life is meaninglessly meaningful, and meaningfully meaningless.

it's a paradox. it is irrational, illogical, and it just doesn't make any sense.

those who choose to embrace this paradox, and learn to live alongside its inconclusive ways, will find it to be beautiful.

those who choose to dissect the paradox, and are fixed on figuring it all out, as if it were a logical equation, will find struggle and consequently misery.

it's interesting to examine life/death and wonder what it could all be about, but it's also interesting to simply let go and flow along with the eternal river of unanswerable questions.

befriend the mystery. :mushroom2:

:egyptian:

amen to that!

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Re: Life is intrinsically meaningless [Re: leery11]
    #6547773 - 02/09/07 02:31 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:What if the truth in your words was expressed in a different metaphor? Life is a blank canvas, there are a lot of paints. Society gives us a standard set of colors, and they are not very beautiful. There are some lucrative rare colors that one can dredge up if he is inclined. One can paint nothing but within the stencils given, or he can do his best to use all the resources of the entire collective brains of all humans to create his own very complex stenciled patterns and everything of the sort.

That's an awesome metaphor!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

In fact, if it's alright, I wish to quote this elsewhere!

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Edited by cilosyb (02/09/07 02:32 PM)

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

#6550514 - 02/10/07 12:43 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

[...]I suppose you could say that the purpose of life is to provide us with an opportunity to choose what we want the meaning and purpose to be, to decide who we want to be, and how we want to experience life.[...]

:thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order