Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: beliefs confuse me [Re: Ego Death]
    #6541360 - 02/07/07 05:42 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ego Death said:
>>>, i mean generally how people go from experiencing the unexplained to forming a belief.

Logic and imagination! Although, often chasm jumping logic!

Just like when you thought you saw God, people experiencing the unexplained are filled with a sense of excitement! They are experiencing something new, something unknown by the majority. This excitement may be the cause of the chasm jumping logic.

That does seem to be very true. I just find it fascinating how people come up with what their beliefs are.

I wasnt saying that having a soul is ridiculous and didnt mean it to come across that way (i shouldve phrased it better), what i meant was theres no way to prove it over the next thing, exmaple: alien lifeforms control you.

I suppose the chasm jumping logic makes a lot of sense to me. Like just now i left my music on an incredibly long playlist and when i turned the volume on (after 3 days of it running) it was 14 seconds into my favorite song. Can i call it a miracle? not exactly, but its still a pretty cool coincidence seeing as theres over 1000 songs on that playlist.

So i guess ill ask you guys what you believe and why to help me figure this thing out. some one should make a post in the forum about that. (i dont want to make posts too frequently)

Whats expiriences changed what you believe in?

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineck10n3
Imagine
Male

Loc: Here, now.
Re: beliefs confuse me [Re: Drewwyann]
    #6541568 - 02/07/07 06:26 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Uhmm the trip in my signature changed my ideas on life, reality, and altered how and what I do. I used to be athiest too until that experience. Now, I understand what people talk about when they speak of God or whatever verbal sound/linguistic writing you want to associate it with to explain it.

I know the trip reports area has some really good experiences in there.

---

Did you tell your brother he has scientific backing for his own religious ideas now?

--------------------
"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - The trip of a Life Time.

Indra's Net - There is an endless net of threads throughout the universe. The horizontal threads are in space. The vertical threads in time. At every crossing of threads there is an individual. And every individual is a crystal bead. The great light of absolute being illuminates and penetrates every crystal being, And every crystal being reflects not only the light from every other crystal in the net, But also every reflection of every reflection throughout the universe.

-cK

Offlineedisnione
edisnione

Re: beliefs confuse me [Re: ck10n3]
    #6543079 - 02/08/07 01:47 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

That is the point of life.. not knowing. always thinking.. always evolving..

Life would be pretty fucking boring if we really knew the truth.

Think about it.

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: beliefs confuse me [Re: capliberty]
    #6543186 - 02/08/07 02:35 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Be a good little sheep and accept the fact that everything we cannot prove with epirical evidence must be gods work by default.

Also, feel free to beleive all that irrational creationist propaganda such as the 21 gram bullshit.

The truth shall set you free

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: beliefs confuse me [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #6543833 - 02/08/07 11:21 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

>>>The truth shall set you free

They say ignorance is bliss.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder