Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinecoopypants
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Need advice [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6528138 - 02/03/07 10:48 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:

Giving up Christianity only makes sense when one gives up a childish misunderstanding about Christianity. Christianity is about Christ, and Christ refers theologically to the phenomenon of a human being who is so immersed in awareness and influence of the Logos that [s]he ceases to be a human mammal and attains the status of a fully human Being in all its glory. Few individuals are recognized as being "in Christ" in the Way which I intend it, and mainstream Christianity has utterly confused the meaning of this theosis, this transformation, so that people believe that it resides only with the person of Jesus (despite Jesus' words that say that it is a relationship for everyone to have). Jesus/Y'shua/Issa/Iesus is the paradigm, the archetype of this condition, not the only recipient. Otherwise, good for Him, but what of the rest of us?

of course from the gnostic.
i said something similiar to someone earlier. not being a christian i always thought the goal of a chrisitian was to act like christ, not talk about him. Its the whole idea of leading by example. you can't expect people to change by preaching to them, but by acting. A picture is worth a thousand words right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCymbaline
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Oz
Re: Need advice [Re: Alnico]
    #6528809 - 02/04/07 03:04 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Alnico said:
Thats exactly the guide I'm using :grin:. I haven't been at it for very long, and I struggle a lot with it,

Keep at it - little by little, bit by bit....

Take it easy.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Need advice [Re: Alnico]
    #6528946 - 02/04/07 05:19 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

"I got a lot of positive feelings from your post Kaiowas. Probably because of the smileys :wink:. What I meant by everything feeling different after that experience was, due to major ego loss on that trip, I saw everything from a drastically less subjective view. Just like neo being unplugged from the matrix. My personality didn't change significantly from that one experience, but since it was a very intense experience it has left it's mark on me."

cool then mate!  No need for worries then.  Glad that the collective symbols in these words from everyone has brought some perspective of peace and solace.  A prime example of how kick ass the internet can be when done out of love and generosity.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]