Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAmericaOnLSD
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
1g Shrooms = 1 hit LSD?
    #6527740 - 02/03/07 08:25 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I know they are two different drugs so exact comparison is not possible. But for about the same level of effects, would a gram or shrooms be about equal to 1 hit of LSD? I keep hearing about 2g of dried shrooms being an "average" intensity trip, and 2 50ug hits of LSD being an "average" intensity trip so I was wondering if this is a valid comparison.

AOLSD

--------------------
See AmericaOnLSD!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: 1g Shrooms = 1 hit LSD? [Re: AmericaOnLSD]
    #6527751 - 02/03/07 08:28 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Not in my experience. 1 g of mushrooms won't really do much for me. 1 hit of acid I can tell.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

OfflinePsiloPachyderm
Advocate ofJubilation
Male

Loc: Northern California
Re: 1g Shrooms = 1 hit LSD? [Re: Kickle]
    #6527761 - 02/03/07 08:33 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

In my experience 1 hit of Cid is much more potent than 1g of Mush. Depends on the quality of both drugs though.

OfflineDayTripper1
We are one!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Krusty Krab Flag
Re: 1g Shrooms = 1 hit LSD? [Re: Kickle]
    #6527783 - 02/03/07 08:39 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

No, not in my experience either. These two drugs are not comparable. Although, if I had to take a guess I would say that around 3.5 grams= 1 hit of LSD (also assuming that your LSD is around a regular dose). Erowid: STRONG usage dose LSD: 150 - 400ug vs. Mushrooms: 2.5 - 5 grams

--------------------

OfflineTamadragon
Stranger
Male

Loc: CAN
Re: 1g Shrooms = 1 hit LSD? *DELETED* [Re: PsiloPachyderm]
    #6527864 - 02/03/07 09:12 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Tamadragon

Reason for deletion: ... ...

--------------------
~Tama

Peace

I get real lonely

Offlineeastuvdariver
Stranger thanwho?
Loc: birdhouse in your soul
Re: 1g Shrooms = 1 hit LSD? [Re: Tamadragon]
    #6527966 - 02/03/07 09:48 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i find it different all together.

to an extent the fractals and other visual aspects are similar, and both can be very giggly and social or very self absorbed or both.

beyond that they really become different for me. if i choose to make it/let it, a small amount of lsd can take me to obsurd places, sometimes even places unacheivable(to my experiences as of yet) on mushrooms. however i have taken lsd with the intent of accomplishing a project or knowing i had a few day to day things to tend to and had no problem doing so.
mushrooms, on the other hand are different. a small dose, a gram or two of cubenis is usually that, is a guaranteed giggly good time. a larger mushroom dose(what that has meant has varied)can detatch me so much from any perception of my surroundings that i can't imagine doing half of the things i've done on acid, like walk around a shopping mall.

heres my take- one gram of mushrooms is far more managable than one decent hit of acid. five hits of decent acid is far more managable than five grams of mushrooms.

--------------------
DISCLAIMER: anything posted by ME are strictly the opinions of ME and does not reflect the opinions of friends,family,affiliates,etc. of ME. the opinions of ME may not apply to you, it may not apply to ME next week or tommorow as the opinions of ME reserve the right to be changed at anytime.

Offlinetheshroom12345
Stranger

#6528004 - 02/03/07 10:02 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

hmmm well i dont think a hit would equal a gram of lsd but i may be wrong

OfflineLun4e
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: 1g Shrooms = 1 hit LSD? [Re: theshroom12345]
    #6528882 - 02/04/07 03:58 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

In my experience a hit should about equal 1.5-2g of dried shroomies. I would take two hits of cid and not expect to lose consciousness (ego death), same with an eighth or 4g of shrooms, but three hits / 5-6g of shrooms would definately be approaching ego loss.

--------------------
How to make your 50/50 casing 50/50+ with only eggshells:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6519162&page=0&vc=#Post6519162

Offlinebluedolphin

Re: 1g Shrooms = 1 hit LSD? [Re: Lun4e]
    #6529359 - 02/04/07 10:10 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

In my experience, most of the doses of LSD I've gotten have been in a certain range. This, I assume to be 70ug to 100ug because of the purity and standards usually used for laying blotters if you get it from good people.

Of course there are weak hits too 40ug or whatnot, but I don't consider those "standard doses" by todays standards.

So lets say the average hit of LSD these days is 80ug. I think that's probably pretty close to being true, so...

80ug LSD = borderline ++ / +++ trip for me.

to get a borderline ++ / +++ trip on shrooms I need about 1.5 - 2 grams of average(good) shrooms

so.... 1 hit of LSD = 1.75g of mushrooms, on average

InvisibleKilroyMilosevik
Swiss Ego
 User Gallery

Loc: Northwest of Nowhere
Re: 1g Shrooms = 1 hit LSD? [Re: bluedolphin]
    #6569466 - 02/15/07 12:18 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I cannot agree or disagree with any of the posts here. But I gotta say that comparing LSD and fungus in no way can be accurate. I've done both, but I prefer fungus because I can keep up with my cognitions. Cid makes my mind go fuckin nuts and I really have no control over whats rolling around up there. As far as the visuals go, they are both georgeous, but quite different for me. LSD is a real mindfuck for me and I really got to get in the zone to journey with it. Fungus on the other hand I can keep up with on a whim, probably because I have about a million times more experience with it. I think eastuvdariver put it best - "one gram of mushrooms is far more managable than one decent hit of acid. five hits of decent acid is far more managable than five grams of mushrooms." - He's got a definite point here. I've dropped a quad fungal bag, and lets just say that I locked myself in my house from about 1pm to 9pm. I've also dropped about 4 doses (unsure of potency) but I could romp freely through the forest without acting too terribly strange as far as I could tell.

The reason I say we shouldn't compare these two products is because every trip is different, and each individual person will not feel and see exactly the same as the next adventurer, but this is a great debate thread so lets keep it runnin

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: 1g Shrooms = 1 hit LSD? [Re: KilroyMilosevik]
    #6569533 - 02/15/07 12:54 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone who actually doesnt know personally how many ugs are in each hit cant compare them.

Mushrooms and lsd are so differtent that you cannot really compare them.

Over all I would say that the average tab is pretty decent, 70-110 mics per hit. Some are much better. An AMAZINGLY potent tab these days is about 110-170 mics. VERY uncommon.

Even though you cant equivicate mushrooms with lsd. Id say one gram is not going to put you much further than one hit of good lsd hits.
I say that while considering that lsd and mushrooms are VERY different, and that the potency of your acid can vary greatly unlike cube mushrooms.

2.5 grams of good mushrooms is going to equal about 2 hits of your best lsd. They are very different. I only guage this on the most objective point, which are visuals. They are different psychedelics, different tools.

Basically, you cant compare the two anyways.
On hit is not going to exceed 2 grams of shrooms unless you are VERY VERY lucky to have found some of the best lsd out there.

Its all subjective though, when comparing hallucinogens that is.
When the doses vary it muddies the comparison between lsd and mushrooms.
Some people here honestly believe that their best hits are above 200 mics without any real reference point. All they know is that they are GREAT HITS......

If you got a 250 mic hit, you are in for some trouble if its your first time.
Thats why people dont make hits that are that strong.
There are hits out there like that, but they are basically a joke.

2 of them would send some people into a frenzy if they were not ready.

A heavy and thorough trip doesnt mean a so-called heavy dose of lsd. A frenzy doesnt mean that either.......

Good lsd is good lsd. Ridiculous lsd hits are ridiculous.
100 mics of lsd cant be compared to mushrooms, but I might as well say, its going to be somewhere between 1 and 2 grams of mushrooms(they vary in potency as well).

120 mics+ are pretty awsome hits.

200+ hits are almost unheard of until I encountered people at this site that insist that their PAPER lsd is 230+ mics.

That stuff is just bullshit for the most part.
I have know only a few people who have choosen to let me know the down low on how many mics were in a tab. MOST OF THEM claimed their hits to be above 210 mics. It was always bullshit.
After a while, I just stopped letting them know that they were wrong because some people dont take that sort of thing the right way.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Offlineeastuvdariver
Stranger thanwho?
Loc: birdhouse in your soul
Re: 1g Shrooms = 1 hit LSD? [Re: yageman]
    #6569935 - 02/15/07 07:11 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
Anyone who actually doesnt know personally how many ugs are in each hit cant compare them.

Mushrooms and lsd are so differtent that you cannot really compare them.

these are really good points.

you could have acid that you could eat a ten strip of. you could have acid where one hit could knock you on your ass.
also what shrooms are you comparing to?

as i said before, beyond fractals(which tend to vary from trip to trip anyway) and occasional outbursts of laughter i can't really compare the two. shrooms are shrooms, acid is acid, chicken is delicious.

--------------------
DISCLAIMER: anything posted by ME are strictly the opinions of ME and does not reflect the opinions of friends,family,affiliates,etc. of ME. the opinions of ME may not apply to you, it may not apply to ME next week or tommorow as the opinions of ME reserve the right to be changed at anytime.

Offlinejenerikcairet
cognitivelibertist
 User Gallery

Re: 1g Shrooms = 1 hit LSD? [Re: eastuvdariver]
    #6570248 - 02/15/07 10:08 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

ive had hits of acid that were easily more powerful than an eighth of mushrooms...it all depends on the potency of each. usually acid will be WAY more potent at 1 hit compaared to 1 gram tho...for sure.

--------------------
Yes, ordinary water. Laced with nothing more than a few spoons full of LSD- professor farsnworth

Offline2jew4u
Stranger
Re: 1g Shrooms = 1 hit LSD? [Re: eastuvdariver]
    #14266340 - 04/10/11 10:29 AM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

eastuvdariver said:
i find it different all together.

to an extent the fractals and other visual aspects are similar, and both can be very giggly and social or very self absorbed or both.

beyond that they really become different for me. if i choose to make it/let it, a small amount of lsd can take me to obsurd places, sometimes even places unacheivable(to my experiences as of yet) on mushrooms. however i have taken lsd with the intent of accomplishing a project or knowing i had a few day to day things to tend to and had no problem doing so.
mushrooms, on the other hand are different. a small dose, a gram or two of cubenis is usually that, is a guaranteed giggly good time. a larger mushroom dose(what that has meant has varied)can detatch me so much from any perception of my surroundings that i can't imagine doing half of the things i've done on acid, like walk around a shopping mall.

heres my take- one gram of mushrooms is far more managable than one decent hit of acid. five hits of decent acid is far more managable than five grams of mushrooms.

The Paradox -

Offlinepsi_vosbi
Entity
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rural Victoria, Australia Flag
Re: 1g Shrooms = 1 hit LSD? [Re: 2jew4u]
    #14266535 - 04/10/11 11:08 AM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Acid is way more stronger, low doses of shrooms are nowhere near as noticable as acid.

Acid for me is much more visual, even just one hit.

--------------------
"Evolution is an imperfect and often violent process. Morality loses its meaning. The question of good and evil, reduced to one simple choice: survive, or perish."

OfflineFUTURIST
In another land...
Male

#14267268 - 04/10/11 02:06 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Depends how strong they are but I would say 3.5- 5 grams.

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: 1g Shrooms = 1 hit LSD? [Re: FUTURIST] * 1
    #14268147 - 04/10/11 05:42 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

how many apples does it take to taste like an orange?

:shrug:

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Offlinethatoneguy211
chillin like a villian

Re: 1g Shrooms = 1 hit LSD? [Re: k00laid]
    #14268351 - 04/10/11 06:27 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

I dunno man that like comparing drinking a 6 pack of beer and smoking a fat ass blunt. you'll definitly feel them both, but i feel like the two drugs are too different to compare. :shrug: just my :2cents:

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: 1g Shrooms = 1 hit LSD? [Re: thatoneguy211]
    #14268876 - 04/10/11 08:10 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

It depends. Potency varies too much, with acid and mushrooms.

But I'd say with weak to average acid and good cubes, the 1 hit - 1 gram thing is somewhat accurate. Good acid I would say is closer to the 1.75-2.5g range. I feel like I trip harder on an eighth of shrooms than a good hit of acid. But they are so different that it is really difficult to compare. And I agree with the previous statement about LSD being more manageable in high doses while mushrooms are more manageable in low doses.

OfflineTripStarMcGlikStar
Stranger
Re: 1g Shrooms = 1 hit LSD? [Re: drr]
    #14269490 - 04/10/11 09:42 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

I'm just got off Paxil, I'll probably do about 1/2 gram to test. I had some mental issues, but really interested in low doeses of mushroom. i don't need major visual and spacial/size distortions. Just looking for a bit of knowledge or enlightenment, truth.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag