Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleveggieM

House bill would outlaw the sale of marijuana-flavored candy to minors [GA]
    #6525638 - 02/03/07 05:06 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

House bill would outlaw the sale of marijuana-flavored candy to minors
February 3, 2007 - macon.com

Georgia lawmakers are trying to weed out businesses that sell candy flavored like marijuana to minors.

A measure introduced Friday would ban retailers from selling lollipops, gumdrops or other candy flavored to taste like the drug.

The legislation is aimed at businesses that sell products with drug-inspired names such as "Kronic Kandy" and "Pot Suckers," said state Rep. Judy Manning, R-Marietta.

"I think it's ridiculous," she said. "Why would you give somebody something to eat that's illegal?"

Marketers have called the treats a harmless novelty and many advise retailers to sell the candy only to adults. They say the candies are flavored with hemp essential oil, which gives them the oily, grassy taste of marijuana.

The legislation, however, says the candies promote drug use and give children the "false impression that marijuana is safe and fun." It would ban the sale of "marijuana flavored products" to minors and calls for a fine of up to $1,000 for each offense.

A broader effort was introduced in 2006 by state Sen. Vincent Fort, a Democrat from Atlanta who said he was outraged by the products. His measure would have banned all sales of the candy and punished violators with up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine for the second offense.

The measure never reached a vote in the Republican-controlled Senate.

Manning, a Republican who is vice chair of the House Children and Youth Committee, said her proposal may gain more momentum. "I hope this one will have a better chance," she said.

It could face a challenge from Vote Hemp, a national organization that promotes the use of hemp products. Tom Murphy, the group's national outreach coordinator, said the effort was "understandable" but added he was concerned about its reach.

"We want to make sure that legal hemp foods are not tarnished by this ban," he said.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThreePieceSuit
disastrophe
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast of Canada
Re: House bill would outlaw the sale of marijuana-flavored candy to minors [GA] [Re: veggie]
    #6525881 - 02/03/07 09:44 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
The legislation, however, says the candies promote drug use and give children the "false impression that marijuana is safe and fun."

How is that a false impression? And which children are buying these?

I know my favorite flavor as a kid was cherry, and it was instantly recognizable by the bright red wrapping. Something packaged in dull colors with a leaf on it wouldn't have drawn my attention. And, if by some chance I did decide to try one, I probably wouldn't have eaten it for very long.

I like my candy to taste like candy.

--------------------
:mafioso:
I'm so lucrative, even my birthday suit is in three pieces.

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Re: House bill would outlaw the sale of marijuana-flavored candy to minors [GA] [Re: veggie]
    #6525941 - 02/03/07 10:27 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

"I think it's ridiculous," she said. "Why would you give somebody something to eat that's illegal?"
Because some people don't respect the law just "because it's the law", and think that it would be wonderful if people like her were hunted down and viciously murdered.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #6525943 - 02/03/07 10:28 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Having solved all other problems, the Georgia legislature tackles this weighty issue. :rolleyes:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: House bill would outlaw the sale of marijuana-flavored candy to minors [GA] [Re: TurricaN]
    #6525949 - 02/03/07 10:30 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

His question has no relevance to the situation at hand. The company is not giving somebody something to eat that's illegal, but rather something that [i]tastes[/i] like something illegal. It is a moronic point of view such as that which is responsible for the War On Drugs - the politicians truly do not know what the subject is, but they vote anyways.

I mean, after all, there are stores that sell edible mushrooms, and they can often taste like illegal mushrooms. Perhaps we should ban all mushrooms, as [i]"Why would you give somebody something to eat that's illegal?"[/i].

I'm going to find that guy's website and send him something along those lines, and call him a moron. :mad:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: House bill would outlaw the sale of marijuana-flavored candy to minors [GA] [Re: TurricaN]
    #6525950 - 02/03/07 10:30 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

His question has no relevance to the situation at hand. The company is not giving somebody something to eat that's illegal, but rather something that tastes like something illegal. It is a moronic point of view such as that which is responsible for the War On Drugs - the politicians truly do not know what the subject is, but they vote anyways.

I mean, after all, there are stores that sell edible mushrooms, and they can often taste like illegal mushrooms. Perhaps we should ban all mushrooms, as "Why would you give somebody something to eat that's illegal?".

I'm going to find that guy's website and send him something along those lines, and call him a moron. :mad:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: House bill would outlaw the sale of marijuana-flavored candy to minors [GA] [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6526014 - 02/03/07 10:52 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Sweet, check it out:

Here, click this link to send her your thoughts on the matter. I figure since she's simply a state representative, she will personally receive our comments. :hehehe:

judy.manning@house.ga.gov

I'm starting to think of sending a similar message to the other representatives of the Georgia goverment. :lol:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineBlueFos
lost in theforest
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #6526647 - 02/03/07 02:12 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
The legislation, however, says the candies promote drug use and give children the "false impression that marijuana is safe and fun."

This if fuckn ridiculous... since when was candy so powerful???

--------------------

Edited by BlueFos (02/03/07 02:17 PM)

Offlinerickpsfuckyou
listening to Mozzy
Male

Re: House bill would outlaw the sale of marijuana-flavored candy to minors [GA] [Re: BlueFos]
    #6526777 - 02/03/07 03:04 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BlueFos said:
Quote:

veggie said:

This if fuckn ridiculous... since when was candy so powerful???

marijuana IS safe and fun...

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: House bill would outlaw the sale of marijuana-flavored candy to minors [GA] [Re: rickpsfuckyou]
    #6526814 - 02/03/07 03:18 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Ya'll need to email her. Its fun.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: House bill would outlaw the sale of marijuana-flavored candy to minors [GA] [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6526885 - 02/03/07 03:46 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Let us know if you get a response, and post it if so

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlineshnoob
AprenticePsychonaut
 User Gallery

Loc: ATL for break...
Re: House bill would outlaw the sale of marijuana-flavored candy to minors [GA] [Re: SuperD]
    #6527027 - 02/03/07 04:34 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Well that's Marietta GA for you...

People in the gov't here freak out about the tiniest things.

--------------------
"Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Fire."
-Alan Watts

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: House bill would outlaw the sale of marijuana-flavored candy to minors [GA] [Re: shnoob]
    #6527076 - 02/03/07 04:48 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not posting a response unless others here send her a short message and post it here first.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
    #6527263 - 02/03/07 06:05 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Here's what I sent:

---
Regarding your views on marijuana flavoured candy...

People such as yourself who attempt to further violate the personal freedoms of innocent people need to be hunted down and viciously murdered.

I warn you to watch your back, bitch, because one day you might find that your freedom-hating ways gets a knife in it.

---

I'm doubtful about recieving a response. :laugh:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6527346 - 02/03/07 06:32 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

If you actually sent that, then you are, urm... yeah. It is hilarious but you will likely provoke a response from this woman. She will go into the House pissed off and lash out at you through her bill.

Telling a state representative that they should be murdered, and that they need to watch their back is probably a federal offense.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleveggieM

#6527359 - 02/03/07 06:35 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

>I'm doubtful about recieving a response.<

If you get response, it will most likely be from the FBI.
I hope you were joking.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6527383 - 02/03/07 06:41 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

A response like that would ruin the effectiveness of my response. :mad: If I'm investigated because of him I am going to be upset.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6527697 - 02/03/07 08:14 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I guess you are from the Netherlands but its still a stupid thing to send to someone. If you cannot make your point with reason and valuable perspective, then you are only serving as a detriment to those with a valid point of view.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#6527712 - 02/03/07 08:19 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TurricaN said:
Here's what I sent:

---
Regarding your views on marijuana flavoured candy...

People such as yourself who attempt to further violate the personal freedoms of innocent people need to be hunted down and viciously murdered.

I warn you to watch your back, bitch, because one day you might find that your freedom-hating ways gets a knife in it.

---

I'm doubtful about recieving a response. :laugh:

It's never hard to find morons on the Shroomery.

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Re: House bill would outlaw the sale of marijuana-flavored candy to minors [GA] [Re: DNKYD]
    #6529065 - 02/04/07 07:26 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Look at how far your diplomatic ways and rational arguments are getting you. More drugs are illegal than ever before, and the laws are stricter. Good going! Your approach is working great.

Face it. Governments and law makers will have their way no matter what you say or send them, and someone who is this fucking stupid is simply not going to be turned around on the issue.

The situation is already bad, and people who accept that are not helping. I would much rather drive the situation to become worse and provoke more people to realise how unacceptable this is become pissed off and lash out. Maybe then we could get enough people to declare an all-out war on authority for the vast number of crimes they have committed against innocent people and freedom. Face it, it will happen sooner or later, I just want to get it over and done with.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract