Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedisturbed
Poutine andSodomy
Male User Gallery

Loc: O-H-I-O
can you store mushy tea?
    #6521107 - 02/01/07 07:49 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Since tea is my preffered way of enjoying the psychadellic effects of magic mushrooms I was just curious if anyone knew if you could store mushy tea for extended periods of time or if it would decrease potentcy.

I have a shit ton of dried caps and was thinkin about makin enough for like a gallons worth of tea, that I could just leave in the fridge simply for convenience.

Anyway if anyone knows I'd appreciate it.

--------------------

11/25/07 first time entrant ban lottery champion

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDayTripper1
We are one!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Krusty Krab Flag
Re: can you store mushy tea? [Re: disturbed]
    #6521145 - 02/01/07 07:59 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Of course you can store it. I put mine in a pitcher and then put it in the freezer. When I was finally ready to drink the tea, there was no noticeable loss in potency.

--------------------

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: can you store mushy tea? [Re: DayTripper1]
    #6521470 - 02/01/07 09:40 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Please everyone with experience with this share your experiences,I was wondering this a while back myself and didn't find the answer

OfflineI8thesh400m
Fungi-NatedShroomFiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: can you store mushy tea? [Re: Blutjager]
    #6521530 - 02/01/07 10:03 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

The stone cold answer is.. yes. the freezer, i am not shure of.
i have tripped on shroom tee more than a week old.
when it smells funky,, be safe and throw it out
( not like it dont smell funky already)
And my mother just added in her old days they saves tea for 2-3 weeks supposedly at very cold temps,

Okay into details i go..
if you make tea.. and theres little chunks of shrooms..
when you are planning on saving tea... allow all of the tea to refrigerate.. and settle. then at the bottom of it there will be a black residue, this is slimy shroomies. if you slowly pour the liquid thru a coffe filter.. or cloth of some kind..
all of the liquid would go thru and all of the mushroom chunks get filtered out. therefore making it last longer.
I hope this helps and all of the above has been previously tested by me with the result of a killer trip.:thumbup:

--------------------
sunny:  :sunny:  :sunny:  :sunny:
When i cut the stem, it turned blue fast. Is this normal?
GET DOWN WITH THE NOOB TEK!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6607835&page=0&vc=&PHPSESSID=#Post6607835

Edited by I8thesh400m (02/01/07 10:07 PM)

OfflineI8thesh400m
Fungi-NatedShroomFiend
Male User Gallery

Re: can you store mushy tea? [Re: I8thesh400m]
    #6521581 - 02/01/07 10:16 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Also, this might be irrelevant to youre question, but it may help you., If you save dryed mushrooms, you can make Quik Tea
Do this by powdering the shrooms to a fine powder., this also makes dosing easier., Then simply bring a smallll amount of water to a light rolling boil, Add the shroom powder mix And as soon As the water begins To darken in color, Take it off the heat.
You can then add it to a small cup and have ready made tea mix.

Also.. I think if you use the filtering method i described...
then add sugar.. or koolaid mix... i havnt tryed that over time.. but i would think the sugar would tend to preserve it.
But that.. I honestly dont know.
yet again hope that helped

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6607835&page=0&vc=&PHPSESSID=#Post6607835

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#6521645 - 02/01/07 10:32 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I8thesh400m said:
Also, this might be irrelevant to youre question, but it may help you., If you save dryed mushrooms, you can make Quik Tea
Do this by powdering the shrooms to a fine powder., this also makes dosing easier., Then simply bring a smallll amount of water to a light rolling boil, Add the shroom powder mix And as soon As the water begins To darken in color, Take it off the heat.
You can then add it to a small cup and have ready made tea mix.

Also.. I think if you use the filtering method i described...
then add sugar.. or koolaid mix... i havnt tryed that over time.. but i would think the sugar would tend to preserve it.
But that.. I honestly dont know.
yet again hope that helped

do you than strain this or do you drink the powder down as well,I'm thinking if you strain this that then you could in theory just do this in a coffee maker using the powder in place of coffee grounds and just consume the resulting liquid

OfflineI8thesh400m
Fungi-NatedShroomFiend
Male User Gallery

Re: can you store mushy tea? [Re: Blutjager]
    #6521663 - 02/01/07 10:36 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

My guess is shroom coffe is possible, my only problem would be,.
coffe percolates, and the shrooms would be in some very high heat for a rather long time,
With the powder and add to preboiling water method.. the water is way lower temp and cools much faster less trouble.
Plus i,.. altho i do trip and have a job...
live with my mother,, who has a job.. and dont trip.
I dunno about you but mom would be pissed at me if she went to work tripping bcuz i made some tea in the coffemaker the night b4
( hahahah )
In theory it would work, maybe ill try it 1 day and update you :smile:
i got ahold of some killer cyans tonight its been drizzling rain

*edit*
when you do that method.. with the dryed and powdered shrooms.. since theyre powdered. the will boil down to a black goo.. it will not be * filterable* if you powdered correctly. just clean the shrooms off well before you dry them.
And.. if you so desire to,, it wouldnt hurt them to filter it out,
I however strongly suggest you take that in, as i think the dryed powdered stems are the most potent ( just my opinion)
:eek:

--------------------

Edited by I8thesh400m (02/01/07 10:40 PM)

OfflineBUSHY
i am the POPE
 User Gallery

#6521816 - 02/01/07 11:09 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

You should add the shrooms or powder to the water in a tea pot, let it sit for ten mins or so. If you keep it in the fridge for later consumption id keep it in a glass bottle for no longer that 2 weeks.

You can be creative and mix tea in it like i do. I made iced tea w/ the last batch leftovers i threw in mint leaves for natural cleansing taste. I used ipton tea.... but i'm thinking a green tea or a black tea would add a caffine kick to the trip.

If it doesn't kill you id would make you stronger. The kombucha.
[image]
You mix a culture in a green or black tea mix w/ sugar later it grows and you have a health tea bevarage everyday if you take care of it in a 1 gal mason jar. Question is if you mixed the kombucha and shrooms would there be any added benefits?

Edited by BUSHY (02/01/07 11:13 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies