Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepokermush
Waterboardingmyself toprotect America!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Utah
Growing quality fruits
    #6513018 - 01/30/07 04:23 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Summary: I want to produce larger, meatier, "prettier" fruits, even if it means lower overall yields. How?

Here is my first flush from my grain-on-a-paper-plate B+ grow:

Second Flush:

After the second flush, I decided to experiment :smile: and dumped some new grain on top, which contaminated badly (I now know I shouldn't have expected anything else). I noticed some pins pushing up, so I scraped off all of the contaminated grains and it fruited nicely (no pics).

After the flush, the top of the casing turns powdery white. I add a little water, then leave it alone for a while. Then I see a couple more popping up from between the plates.
Fourth:

The fruits from the first flush were puny, the stems were wiry, and the whole bunch was only about 16 grams. By the third flush, one of the fruits was over 40 grams, and looked great. The last two had thick, meaty stems, and perfectly formed caps. The caps were large (3 to 4 inches across) and beautifully shaped and colored. And I think they tasted better too!

I would like to produce more like those in the last flush. Even if it takes longer and doesn't produce as much, I would like to grow more of these large, tasty, good-looking fruits.

Anybody know how to get your grows produce more of these bigger fruits and fewer of the small scrawny ones?

Edited to add the question to the post

Edited by pokermush (01/31/07 05:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOatman2000
-=Outa Space=-
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planetary Nebula
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing quality fruits [Re: pokermush]
    #6513061 - 01/30/07 04:33 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i can't believe you fruited on a paper plate. :puke:

--------------------
Spawning to COIR
:thumbup:  My Chocolate Recipe
WBS QUART SPAWN JAR PREPERATION
----------------------------

4-PO-DMT; 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethltryptamine

Offlinepokermush
Male User Gallery

Re: Growing quality fruits [Re: Oatman2000]
    #6513108 - 01/30/07 04:43 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

:lol:

I started the spores to agar. After moving some isolated mycelia to grain, I set the petri dishes aside. Eventually I noticed knots forming in the petri dishes, so I sprayed a paper plate heavily with peroxide, pulled the agar from the petri dish and placed it in the center of the plate, then dumped PC'd grain on the plate, then put the whole thing in a ziplock.

When fully colonized, I cased it and added a second plate to the bottom, then placed it in the aquarium you see in the pic. :laugh:

OfflineWillsk8t4shrooms
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Utrecht, Netherlands
    #6513180 - 01/30/07 05:01 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

HERE COMES THE COBWEB

--------------------

“we have some shroomers in aisle twelve, I repeat, shroomers on aisle twelve.”

OfflineWillsk8t4shrooms
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Utrecht, Netherlands
Re: Growing quality fruits [Re: Willsk8t4shrooms]
    #6513191 - 01/30/07 05:04 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Oh and to answer your question spawn to hpoo :

--------------------

“we have some shroomers in aisle twelve, I repeat, shroomers on aisle twelve.”

Offlinepokermush
Male User Gallery

Re: Growing quality fruits [Re: Willsk8t4shrooms]
    #6513270 - 01/30/07 05:17 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Surprisingly, I've seen no cobweb in this grow. But I don't care if it shows up, I've already had my fun with this one.

I spawned 2 quarts to hpoo this weekend. You're saying that growing on hpoo will produce more of the larger fruits? Most of the hpoo pics I've seen have been flushes of smallish fruits, but in greater quantity.

Offlinepokermush
Male User Gallery

#6517192 - 01/31/07 05:22 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Bump... anyone know how to make cubensis produce bigger, meatier fruits instead of lots of small ones?

Offlinexhooliganx
Munky
Male User Gallery

Loc: reno, nevada
    #6517216 - 01/31/07 05:31 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

well you generally get a lot of smaller fruits on the first flush. Then less fruits in each consecutive flushes, but with larger fruits. So besides finding a substrate(hpoo) that will support larger growth. You might be able to try to get a really shitty pin set so you could start out with less fruit bodies, but that just sounds like a really bad idea.

--------------------

Edited by xhooliganx (02/21/07 01:20 AM)

Invisiblefigment
Apothecary
 User Gallery

Loc: Quidity
Re: Growing quality fruits [Re: xhooliganx]
    #6517240 - 01/31/07 05:39 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

1) LOTS OF HPOO
2) LOTS & LOTS OF FAE (with light of course)
3) MAKE SURE YOU KEEP RH UP

that's it. they'll be HUGE (depending on your strain of course)

--------------------

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #6517294 - 01/31/07 05:51 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

pokermush said:

I spawned 2 quarts to hpoo this weekend. You're saying that growing on hpoo will produce more of the larger fruits? Most of the hpoo pics I've seen have been flushes of smallish fruits, but in greater quantity.

Pick a strain known for size , SA or OI and spawn to compost or h/poo.

Good Luck

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony
:heart: Hippie Chick :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #6517327 - 01/31/07 05:59 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Im thinking that if you got the pc'ed grain poored onto a paper plate with a culuture sitting on it thing to work that you can keep the fae up enough to keep the cobweb away.

You must of done all that in a glovebox, right?

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
    #6517337 - 01/31/07 06:00 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

pokermush said:

i would like to see these pics because every horse manure run i have every done has produced monster fruits with same quantity.

Offlinepokermush
Male User Gallery

Re: Growing quality fruits [Re: HippieChick]
    #6517610 - 01/31/07 07:06 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

:grin:

figment:
Thanks, that's the info I was looking for. I'm working with B+ and was really happy with these latest fruits, and hoped to reproduce them on my next grows.

Would you say that not encouraging a good pinset early will result in fewer (but higher-quality) fruits?

Awesome fruits hippiechick and thenewguy05! Once I have some spore prints to trade, I'll be looking to find some Orissa and SA to try.

PSychoslut:
Yes, poured the PC'd grain on the paper plate inside a makeshift glovebox, then put them inside ziplocs. I actually did two, one contamed the other was fine.

Since casing, it has been inside the aquarium in the picture. It is on its side, with tyvek covering the whole opening, held in place with a screen-type lid. So plenty of FAE.

When I see pins, I raise the humidity in the room and add a jar of damp perlite to the aquarium to raise humidity even further, trying to keep it above 85.

Invisiblefigment
Apothecary
 User Gallery

Loc: Quidity
    #6519051 - 02/01/07 06:21 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

pokermush said:
:grin:

figment:
Thanks, that's the info I was looking for. I'm working with B+ and was really happy with these latest fruits, and hoped to reproduce them on my next grows.

Would you say that not encouraging a good pinset early will result in fewer (but higher-quality) fruits?

i highly doubt it...but then again i don't want to act like i know something when i don't. maybe someone else can answer this for him?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale