Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Solo Trip....
    #651888 - 05/29/02 07:10 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Hey everyone! Well, it was June of last year when I first started reading these boards and now, almost a year later, I have finally cultivated my first shrooms. I am very happy!Thanks to everyone here who helped me and all the info I have gathered, my first growing attempt was a success, and I'm currently on my third flush! I have already given some to a friend and he said they were good. I am planning on tripping solo this Saturday at this state park about an hour away from where I live. I'm planning on doing some hiking, exploring, some meditating, caving and just getting in touch with nature. I have tripped before, but I'd say it was at least 5 years ago, and always with someone, which I think had maybe held back the full potential of the trip I could have had. I am thinking about taking a small dose to re-aquaint myself with the magical fungus. I am also debating whether or not to camp overnight or just make it a day thing. I have made a list of things to bring such as:

MP3 player and CDS
recorder
pencil and paper
camera
tent, sleeping bag, etc.
dried fruit and other natural food
water
sunglasses
sunblock

I think I am gonna have a good time and hopefully learn a lot. I will let you all know how it goes when I get back. Any suggestions as to what else I should bring or what I should do would be much appreciated. Thank you all!

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Solo Trip.... [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #651973 - 05/29/02 07:55 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

sounds like you're set! congrat's on your first grow-op success, isn't it sweet to actually have grown those babies yourself? i always find it a very rewarding experience.

as far as your plan.. sounds great, i am soon to take a solo trip myself. i think i'll do it sometime this summer. i probably wouldn't want to stay overnight camping solo, but that's just me.. if that's the type of thing you really enjoy, by all means go for it! if you do stay the night, don't forget a pillow have a great journey and be sure to come back and tell us about it

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Re: Solo Trip.... [Re: geokills]
    #652510 - 05/30/02 05:37 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Hey thanks Geo for you comments. I have always appreciated your posts!

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

OfflineHBS
Male

#654574 - 05/30/02 10:26 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

bring extra of everything you are bringing (batteries, etc) theres nothing worse than losing something or it running out of batteries, especially on a trip. maybe bring a camera or something to take pictures of anything you see that strikes you ...?

when I went to trip with 2 friends way out in the desert for the first time hours away from any city we bought 80 dollars of groceries and bud, just for the one night ... the trip was beautiful, but I couldn't have done it alone because it was so powerful, in the sense of being out in nature away from any "normal comforts." I stepped out of the tent to piss (because I spent most of the trip with my friends in the tent) and looking at the night sky on shrooms was just UNBELIEVABLE ... nothing could ever rival that ...

Bring good vibes, and you're set.

Have fun!

OfflineHBS
Male

Re: Solo Trip.... [Re: HB]
    #654636 - 05/30/02 11:31 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I just realized you already said camera ... never mind that then, I just think it's a must, when we were out in the desert we completely forgot a camera and that kinda bummed me out, it was beautiful out there ...

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Re: Solo Trip.... [Re: HB]
    #657618 - 06/01/02 04:32 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well I got back a few hours ago. I guess didn't take enough because I barely got to a level 1. There was a slight buzz going and maybe, MAYBE some visual things going on, but it was very subtle, practically unnoticeable. I guess the cheap metal scale I bought from Office Max was rather inaccurate......Either that or the shrooms were not very potent. Or the fact that it was daytime affected it someway. I guess there are a variety of reasons why I barely felt anything. I am gonna try again tomorrow, this time with a lot more. I will keep you updated guys!

--------------------

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #657835 - 06/01/02 06:43 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

You might find that your tolerance will be up if you eat the night after. Try waiting a week and do it then.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Re: Solo Trip.... [Re: Sheepish]
    #657926 - 06/01/02 07:57 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Even after eating only one gram? I really couldn't feel anything.....

--------------------

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #657930 - 06/01/02 08:03 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I think 1 gram is a little low? Dunno.

Offlinenezshoo
<--- SOMA

Loc: California
Re: Solo Trip.... [Re: Sheepish]
    #658026 - 06/01/02 08:52 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Take 1/8 and you will be happy! yes!

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #658201 - 06/02/02 01:04 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

yup.. even after one gram, your tolerance would probably be noticeably affected. i'd say wait at least two days.. or just up your dose by an extra gram. if you're going to give it a go tomorrow, i'd say take 3 grams. if you're going to wait a few days, take 2.5g. you'll have a great time i'm sure. good luck

and as far as day tripping goes.. i find i usually get more visuals during the day than at night, although night trips are very fun as well

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Solo Trip.... [Re: geokills]
    #658504 - 06/02/02 07:14 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Okay...dosing 101. Dosing revolves around two very important factors: body weight and blood pressure. Dose levels are merely averages that trippers can gauge how much to take to cross thresholds into the different levels of experience of the particular substance they're dosing.

If you only took one gram, even if you're very thin with average BP, I highly doubt you'd have anything but a body buzz. I have only tried shrooms 3 times in my life so far, the final time I ate a whole 8th and only got a body buzz. Now that I'm cultivating my own I'll be shooting for level 4 experiences from the get go and will start ingesting around 3 grams (dried) and simply eating an additional .5 gram every hour until I cross the threshold I'm looking to cross.

Just be willing to accept responsibility for pushing your limits with psychedelics. I know that shrooms are not LSD...and as deep and as far as I used to trip on acid, I know it won't be the same with shrooms. The level 5 experiences I keep reading here at the Shroomery are exactly the type of "space" I like to enter when I meditate on psychedelics. So I'm not worried shooting for a level 4 right away. But that's ME...I always tell friends who are looking to explore psychedelics to realize HOW they work and what ego-loss, non-duality is like and how to not lose it when things are overpowering you.

Of course, I used to ten-strip when I'd trip, the most LSD I ever dosed at once was 20 drops of really good liquid two years ago in Chicago. But the best LSD trip ever had (which is comparable to Level 5 shroom trip reports) was on two drops of LSD-25 back in 2000 (also in Chicago).

Good luck with your journies and just make INTELLIGENT and INFORMED choices about how you dose yourself. Learn to listen to your body's limits...just because everyone else in your circle of friends could trip balls off 2 grams of a good shroom doesn't necessarily mean your body will do so as well. You might need 4 grams of the same shrooms to just get to level 3.

Love & Light,

Boppity

np: Tau Factor "Red Shift"

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Re: Solo Trip.... [Re: Boppity604]
    #669025 - 06/08/02 04:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hey thanks Boppity for your input. I think you were right. I didn't really factor my weight into the equation. I just got back from my second trip at the same park. This time I ate 3.5 grams. I guess I got to a level 2. No CEV's, or OEV's for that matter. All that happened was that I had a general sense of well-being, I was buzzing pretty good, and I was having a little trouble walking. I'd really like to get to a level 3 or 4 at least. Well, maybe in a couple of weeks I will go with a 5 gram dose. Wish me luck!

--------------------

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

#694621 - 06/22/02 05:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

ok well just got back from attempt number three. i took 5 grams and when things started getting good, i took one more.
it was better than the 3.5 gram dose, but still not what i was shooting for. i think the shrooms i had must be weak or something. but it was still very nice.

--------------------

Offlineantirap
Re: Solo Trip.... [Re: Boppity604]
    #694671 - 06/22/02 06:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

Okay...dosing 101. Dosing revolves around two very important factors: body weight and blood pressure. Dose levels are merely averages that trippers can gauge how much to take to cross thresholds into the different levels of experience of the particular substance they're dosing.

Are you sure? Do you have any sources?

As far as I know, body weight doesn't have any role in the strength of most psychedelics. And in all my drug experimentation, I have NEVER seen this occur in mushrooms. I weight little--I am skinny. My friend is much larger then me (doubles my weight easily). We eat the same amount of mushrooms, we trip just as hard. I've never seen weight place a role in marijuana, another psychoactive. Or LSD.

I could be wrong, but I just don't believe it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports