Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMorphMan
δSλ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
The Future of Music..
    #6517527 - 01/31/07 06:44 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

What does everyone think about the future of popular music? Which direction do you think it will head in over the next 5 to 10 years?

Personally I think that with the new generation of young people will come a new generation of music. I think hip-hop/rap is going to start to die down due to its repetitiveness and something new is going to take hold but I have no idea what..

I'm just looking for opinions from those who may be more knowledgeable in music than myself. Anyone?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: MorphMan]
    #6517539 - 01/31/07 06:48 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Pop music terrible and has been terrible since the 80's. I don't see why pop music would get any better, everyone focusses on money and fame.

money + fame = sell out shitty music.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: daytripper05]
    #6517548 - 01/31/07 06:51 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, this is the lowest state of music in a long time.

And I don't see it getting any better, any soon. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineMorphMan
δSλ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6517562 - 01/31/07 06:54 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

By popular music I mean pretty much everything that isn't "classical" or performed by professionally trained orchestras, etc.

--------------------

Offlineflo
 User Gallery
Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6517564 - 01/31/07 06:55 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i think well see more dance music (deejays) in the next year or two...after that i dont know...shitty i bet

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
    #6517608 - 01/31/07 07:06 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I'm currently in a course called Independent Music Production.

So far the message is clear: the future is independent.

Major labels are on the decline, professional studios are on the decline, CD sales are on the decline.

the music industry will have to adapt somehow. But with independent artists like myself educating themselves... don't expect them to be signing any record deals.

everyday technology is giving us the power to things ourselves.

As for genres, who knows.... hip hop is going to be around for awhile. I don't think there is anyway to predict what's going to be the next big thing. Clubs and electronic music is on the rise...

I do know that albums are slowly becoming a thing of the past. As we speak right now, there are children growing up that aren't even aware of the concept of buying a CD. They just download/itunes their music.

Music is going to become image. I'm sure a lot of people on here are aware of the new studio tool called "Auto Pitch". They use it on Avril, Britney, etc.

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: adamj]
    #6517633 - 01/31/07 07:13 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

adamj....you speak the truth bro.

Offlinetrippindad82
Trusted Cultivator of Trich
Male

Loc: down, down the hole
    #6517634 - 01/31/07 07:13 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MorphMan said:
By popular music I mean pretty much everything that isn't "classical" or performed by professionally trained orchestras, etc.

I think that narrows the good music field way too much. There are plenty of decent bands with REAL training and passion for what they do.

I do think that the state of pop music just sucks. The only thing I see happening is more "perfect" looking persons with horrible voices (Ashley Simpson..although she is ass ugly) getting to be famous because they did what the man told them. I can't imagine paying $45+ to see someone lip sync their album as I just listened to it in the car. I love my "jam bands" (I use that term lightly) who can play a weekend of shows and not even play the same song twice.

I've noticed the difference between the "pop" bands of yesterday and those of today. The beatles, the who, led zeppelin, Grateful Dead, and many others were butt ugly. But they could sing and play. Now you have models pretending that they can play an instrument and sing a song. I'd rather have a bunch of butt ugly pop stars who could actually sing/write/play music. But then again, ugly doesn't sell sex.

--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^

--------------------------------------

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: trippindad82]
    #6517647 - 01/31/07 07:17 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MorphMan said:

I've noticed the difference between the "pop" bands of yesterday and those of today. The beatles, the who, led zeppelin, Grateful Dead, and many others were butt ugly. But they could sing and play. Now you have models pretending that they can play an instrument and sing a song. I'd rather have a bunch of butt ugly pop stars who could actually sing/write/play music. But then again, ugly doesn't sell sex.

Thanks to MTV.

I would also like to add this simple yet truthful formula.

Music = Business = Money = Business = Music

It all revolves around money. If your music can make someone money, you're golden.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: adamj]
    #6517678 - 01/31/07 07:28 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I like my musicians to be ugly as sin.
I think adamj is right - the future will be in independent labels/musicians. Not such much digital music, but bands releasing their own albums. I'd much rather buy CDs at a reasonable price from the band on tour (or from their website) than having to shell out a ridiculous amount. The only kids who don't understand the concept of an "album" are the idiots who live for Top 40s singles.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: Sheepish]
    #6517746 - 01/31/07 07:46 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Ringtones. Every song will be 20 seconds or less.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#6517755 - 01/31/07 07:48 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

The future of music will inevitably be more shitty music.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: DNKYD]
    #6517947 - 01/31/07 08:38 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

There is always going to be market-researched pop-music, as there are loads, and loads, and loads, and loads of people out there who are simply happy to flip to their radio or tune into MTV and like what they hear on there. They dont have enough active interest in music to go out and find stuff on their own, and there will always be enough people like that to sustain that part of the industry IMO.

However, I do think that the indi and electronic music scenes are going to continue to explode, and see even more mash-up/cross-over and Live-Band meets DJ/Live PA type hybrids and bringing real instruments / singers / etc into electronic sets.

Hell, even in the Techno world, with Abelton getting so popular, you are seeing people playing LivePA's a dime a dozen now, when that used to be a fairly rare thing. You are also seeing a bigger increase in dance-rock/dance-punk which tie in with some EDM elements.

Pop is still going to be pop, but the non mainstream scene will just continue to get bigger and more diverse, and you will still see the pop-cash ins on some of the underground stuff - it cant be avoided.

If anything, I think the future of music is pretty damn exciting at the moment *IF* you actually have an interest in it, and like to seek out music thats out there that isnt being fed to you by the bigger companies and record labels.

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: DNKYD]
    #6517974 - 01/31/07 08:44 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Lil Jon for president!!! WHAAAAT?!?

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

InvisibleSlashOZ
:D
Male

Loc: Following the water cycle
    #6518026 - 01/31/07 08:56 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

with the ability to download single songs becoming increasingly popular and easy to do i think we might see the end of the album in the near musical future. musicians (if you can call some of them that) will focus more on producing only songs that will get radio time or put them on the map. we'll probably see an increase in the number of singles that are released and a decrease in actual albums. that is for the musicians who can only make a couple of good songs. bands that can actually write more than 2-3 good songs an album will become more and more of a premium.

as far as what the music will sounds like, i haven't a clue. i'm really hoping for a resurgence in the ability to actually play instruments, not just play them terribly like many current bands popular and indie, i mean full blown the artist actually know what they are doing with an instrument. ie the grateful dead, hendrix, zepplin, miles davis, RHCP. for the hiphop side of things maybe actually ability to freestyle and support some kind of racial equality message and bring positive social change instead of telling me about your london bridge ffs.

heres hoping to a resurgence in musical talent over the next couple of years  :lighter:

--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: SlashOZ]
    #6518464 - 01/31/07 10:54 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

ok my guess is that musical value you to the pandemic society will definitely decline no thanx to sites like aires, napster, morpheous etc.

i dont agreet that hip hop will decline. hip hop is all i listen to but see, i listen to REAL hip hop. not all that mainstream BS, where they talk about grills, big booty hoes, and 20 inch rims, and ill bust a cap up in yo ass...all that nonsense. all that rap is meaningless and wack. i listen to UNDERGROUND hip hop. such as talib kweli and mos def and common and others, people that have actual meaning, purpose, and moral/message to their raps. and artist that have sick ass rhymes and crazy metaphors they make up on there own and things like that.

there are people out there still such as myself who know wat reall hip hop is and as long as those people are around, more will be informed about it, more will listen to it, and most imposrtantly will never die.

NAS claims "hip hop is dead", but its really not...its still flourishing. THANK GOD FOR MUSIC!

for the record, ill never ever stop listening to music. it helps ,my life in all sorts of ways.

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #6518508 - 01/31/07 11:08 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Emo rock has got to go, I think it is getting worse in ways but I see a lot of music that sounds the same.
I just cant stand almost all emo, screamo style of rock..I like old style rock and metal better.

OfflineBlindLemon
waves
Male

Loc: so cal
Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: Skunk420]
    #6518554 - 01/31/07 11:23 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Actualy there are many great under ground momvements happening. Manny based around psycadellics. Bands like Olivia Tremor Control, Sunshine Fix, The Brian Jownstown massicar, Beck, Dead medow and many more. Check them out there all psycadellic artest/fock/acid rock/and indie. Its all very new stuff. I highly recomend the Olivia Tremor Control. There very much like the beatles but in a very origional sounding way. There literly flooded with talent. They use a creative mix of sampling and sound distortions, (muck like the beatles did).

But this is only one of many divisions.. Theres IDM(intelegent dance music) groups like TRS-80, Four Tet. These guys play things youve never herd before.

--------------------

Im a fucking spiral..

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: BlindLemon]
    #6518581 - 01/31/07 11:32 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Oh yea I know there are great bands around, but I was talking about the pop scene, it usually is a joke most of the time anyway.

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #6518729 - 02/01/07 12:51 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I think hip hop is gonna be on the top of the charts for a long time. Decades. I think what will happen is that it will start to fuse more with dance beats, rather than funk and soul. Also, this country is rapidly becoming more Hispanic and that'll change pop music as well.

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

OfflineColbadol
Reality Mechanic
Male

#6518741 - 02/01/07 12:58 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

the future of music is....

techno with guitar and lyrics.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #6518761 - 02/01/07 01:07 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Well personally I think all the downloading (piracy) will lead to much BETTER MUSIC in the long run. Because the old media just wont be able to say "here this is what we are giving you, take it" (so to speak)
This is already happening, look at the popularity of bands like Modest Mouse, or Broken Social Scene, these are bands that just would have IMO been noticed 10 years ago.

Downloading puts the power back into the hands of the listeners, and it will shape a more "REAL" mainstream. I think thats where we are heading. We are going towards a mainstream that is more accurate and in line with peoples tastes. Instead of just being steered by young kids, and the record companies, both of which have always sort of lead each other, the latter however held the reigns allot more... regardless of what any 14 year old tries to tell you :wink: :lol:

Rap is get better(I hope) and be less materialistic, 10 years from now.
(although I have never been a huge fan of any rap, thats what I see coming... but I could be wrong)

And for the next 5 years stuff like so called "progrock" will dominate(I hope), however I have never followed the crowd when it comes to music, example, when everyone was obsessed with Nirvana, I didn't really care.

I have thought about this subject allot, but I could be wrong, I have missed the mark before. And culture is ruled by Chaos, as if everything in nature.

--------------------

OfflineColbadol
Reality Mechanic
Male

Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6518765 - 02/01/07 01:11 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

idk....

have you listened to a lot of the new rap these days? There's nothing original about it. All these 'gangstas' do is put new lyrics to old music/bass progressions. Hell, sometimes they dont even make new lyrics.
it's like theyre all cover songs.

rap will die out when they become more mature/get older.

techno/dance/house/trance is the future.

but in order to keep producing concerts, etc. Artists will need to throw in a couple good live intruments like guitars, etc.
Ever seen those midi-guitars?

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: Colbadol]
    #6518775 - 02/01/07 01:16 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I am not a huge fan of rap, but my cousin does rap, and he knows what I consider some of the best rappers out there. (because they dont talk about bullshit) Download some Sweatshop Union. They are pretty cool.

But overall, I listen to guitar driven music. I also make guitar driven music. Although I have started to experiment with making ambient, and psychedelic inspired electronic stuff. Its fun to mess around with programs like fruity loops, reason and such.......
But for me nothing will ever replace the great feelings I get from just kicking back and playing my acoustic guitar. :thumbup: :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: Colbadol]
    #6518781 - 02/01/07 01:21 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I agree, I like old school rap much better, now days rap is not the same.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: Skunk420]
    #6518814 - 02/01/07 01:36 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Hip Hop will be around as long as rock n' roll will be. It was like the green Party, but eventually got enough votes to be recognized as an actual genre with a solid history and foundation. Of course it will evolve/change (whichever way you want to look at it).

Also, whoever it was that thought they had the low down on the underground.... thanks for the laugh. Mos Def is about as underground as three 6 Mafia. Aesop Rock, Anticon and Sage Francis can't really even be considered underground anymore.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6518842 - 02/01/07 01:58 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Forgot to add a point sequitur to this thread......

The future of music is game soundtracks. Im willing to bet it costs more money to place an advertisement in a video game than it does a blockbuster movie. Look at the advertising progression of the Tony Hawk games.
How many people here could whistle 3 different mario songs with ease. I have never played or seen WoW, but imagine how many people would see your advertisement or remember your song if it was embedded into the game.

Quote:

Currently, the population of Earth is estimated to be around 6.7 billion people. As of this week, roughly 0.1 percent of the sum of modern humanity plays World of Warcraft. Today, Blizzard Entertainment announced that more than 8 million people subscribe to the massive massively multiplayer online role-playing game, setting a new milestone for the title more than two years after its fall 2004 release.

that was a year ago....

advertising on viral videos..... make a song, make a viral video, play your song over you getting shot in the balls with a slingshot, its a small price to get a million people to listen to it.

Music will be dictated by all of that. The big record labels will always be around, but they will soon have a paradigm shift, which will probably usher in one new big player, a label which could resist buy-outs by the big 3.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#6518850 - 02/01/07 02:04 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I HOPE the internet will have more sway in music then video games EVER do. (and I am almost 100% positive it will)

Sure you can put a song in a game, but the internet has far more power IMO.

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #6518928 - 02/01/07 03:06 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Where do you think gaming is heading?

everything will shift onto the grid.

People like Nobuo Uematsu and Koji Kondo have more worldwide fame (and wealth) than most..... im not saying pop music will travel that particular genre like the theme from Halo or Final Fantasy, but it shows that there is a very big market, especially in Japan.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#6518941 - 02/01/07 03:15 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Where do you think gaming is heading?
everything will shift onto the grid.

Good point, I will admit that, but not everyone plays video games.
And I do play them, just not allot.

People will find a million ways to share, video games will only be a small part of this next revolution in music IMHO. (when compared to everything else)

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #6519467 - 02/01/07 10:48 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

How many people have gotten record deals, or fame from Myspace? It costs shitloads of money to condition people enough to feeling strong enough about a song/band to talk to other people about it. Even if you tell someone that "Band X" sucks, you have given it status, its like when other countries recognize another country as sovereign.
There will only be a technological paradigm shift, not a shift of power and exposure. Bands can be good, but people dont just like good music, they like the image. The Labels have perfected that art of making someone a famous rock star before they are a famous rock star.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6519476 - 02/01/07 10:56 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I think blogs have a lot to do with the success of at least rock bands (and particularly nndie bands) these days. Take "Clap Your Hands Say Yeah" for example. These were a group of nobodies who released their own album last independently. The blogs all jumped on board and that cd may have been the biggest thing in indie music last year.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: Redstorm]
    #6519495 - 02/01/07 11:06 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

personaly i want to create a band with a revolving door of freinds. all of wich who play diffrent styles and instraments.
a group that could enbrace musical freedom on an even larger scale. not just another jam band. a shapeless formles groupe that is a slave the creative energy flowing between all people.

that or some kind of electronic polka :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio
Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: notapillow]
    #6519643 - 02/01/07 11:50 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I haven't taken the time to read all of this, so sorry if some of my views have already been said. I'd just like to say that the reason people (especially in subcultures such as this) think the current state of music is so shitty is because they focus on what they DON'T like. There is so much good music out there, and a lot of people who do listen to the not so MUSICALLY good pop music like a lot of other stuff too. But when the majority of people are just sittin' around with friends, or at a party, they don't want to listen to the great stuff. And I think that's perfectly acceptable. But really, there's so much good stuff out there, even in the pop music there's still good stuff. Music has been a business for a long time, especially in America, and will continue to be so. That's what entertainment is, I don't see what's so wrong with it. While I'm not nearly old enough to have been around during many different periods, I'm willing to stake a lot on the fact that at any point in time, there was TONS of terrible artists and music that was big, people just don't talk about it any more because there was no longevity. This will be true for as long as music is around (forever.) None of you, without pulling out your Billboard book, would be able to tell me the majority of the chart topping music from 25 years ago, let alone 5, so don't worry about all of the bad stuff out there, just know that no matter what genre is big, there will ALWAYS be good music for you to find, and you will also have to accept the fact that music will ALWAYS be a business and there is nothing wrong with that. What really drives me nuts is people who listen to indie music or underground rap and get mad when their favorite bands break it big. I'll use Modest Mouse as an example. They had been around forever before Float On hit it big, and then people got pissed. Who cares? Do you not want them to make money so they can continue? You should be happy that the stuff you like is gaining popularity. As long as the bands continue to create the same music, which Modest Mouse did, then it's fine. When bands truly sell out, that is change their music to make money, then I can understand being upset.

--------------------
!

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#6519801 - 02/01/07 12:52 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

a shapeless formles groupe that is a slave the creative energy flowing between all people.

:laugh: !!! Thats EXACTLY like the band me an my friends just formed!!! Amorphous blob 2.0!
Don't steal my idea fucker :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Future of Music.. *DELETED* [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6520484 - 02/01/07 04:52 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Ferris

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
    #6520592 - 02/01/07 05:18 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

notapillow said:
personaly i want to create a band with a revolving door of freinds. all of wich who play diffrent styles and instraments.
a group that could enbrace musical freedom on an even larger scale. not just another jam band. a shapeless formles groupe that is a slave the creative energy flowing between all people.

that or some kind of electronic polka :smile:

The Hidden Cameras are a bit like that I think.

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: kaniz]
    #6521332 - 02/01/07 09:00 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

OK for all of you that said that hip-hop/ rap will eventually die out, im here to let you all know, YOUR WRONG.

as long as there are black projects, slums, hoods, inner cites, ghettos etc, there will always always ALWAYS be rap. that is all those people have, and i speak from experience. in the projects....
all people have is either DRUGS, BASKETBALL, and RAP. there are the drug dealers on the blocks and corners, the ballers hoopin' on the playground courts,

and the cats inside trying to get away from all the crime and shit outside, writin songs and lyrics about how they feel and putting their emotions on paper and letting it all out. thats the only way you can clear a niggas head in hood, is by writin lyrics and whatnot.

HIP HOP, will never ever die, period

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: Ferris]
    #6523036 - 02/02/07 10:56 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ferris said:
I maintain the belief that the music industry as we know it will collapse due to the increased abilities for the "home user" to make and distribute music. Also, blues music will make a substantial comeback. Mostly, music will keep becoming more fractionalized and everyone will stay oblivious to the fact that no one else likes their music. I'm cool with that though.

Name one album or work that has sold...... 5,000 units..... that was recorded, mixed, and mastered by a "home studio". Granted there are lots of big time artists, with lots of money that have real recording studios which would fall into the category of "Home studio".
Your whole statement is kind of like saying doctors will be phased out because of Web MD.

OfflineJustK
Male

Loc: You can't get there!
    #6523073 - 02/02/07 11:10 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Just like rock music, rap will follow in the same footsteps. History does have a way to repeat itself.

I am also tired of rap music as it is today. I prefer the older stuff. I even prefer the rap that was out when it was just starting to meld into the pop scene. I don't know if that has to do with the music or the fact that I was getting older.

I do know that I'm not interested in seeing anyone shake their Laffy Taffy. EVER!

--------------------
Dont get caught dancing.

It's just, K.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio
Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: JustK]
    #6523151 - 02/02/07 11:31 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Is your statement saying rap is going to continue or die? Because Rock sure isn't gone.

--------------------
!

Offlinea2ndopinion
a real smart ass
Female

Re: The Future of Music.. [Re: JustK]
    #6523160 - 02/02/07 11:33 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JustK said:

I do know that I'm not interested in seeing anyone shake their Laffy Taffy. EVER!

:rofl2:  :lolz0rz:  :rofl:  :lol:

i literally LOL'd.  thanks, love!

--------------------
Boo, you whore.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale