Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

Loc: North-East
why tripping is much better than marriage counseling!
    #6506912 - 01/29/07 12:07 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

1st: I hope my friend who said tripping was much better than therapy gets to see my subject which I modeled after hers.
2nd: This is what my facilitator and I did: He: (husband) 2 g's of Amazon. Me: (myself) 1.7 g's of PF, not as strong as Amazon they say. Both were in tea form. No nausea at all. We divided the tea into two servings only taking the second when part way down to go back up which worked very nicely. 3/4 through trip we enhanced the experience with cannabis which brought things soaring to new heights! I described being part way down from the second half of the dose and going back up with cannabis as like being on a plane that's almost landing and then you jump from that one to another airline and take off again. Whatta feat!

We planned this way ahead of time for when neither of us had work the next day. He asked for 2 things of me: Don't describe things as they happen (we can compare notes afterwards) and don't sing along w/the music. I found both a challenge but he was forgiving. He chose the selection of music and prepared the tea. I prepared the environment: uncluttered room, candles in the middle of the table (gr8 idea from another poster!), art supplies for me (pastels, paper, play dough) and a guitar for him. I set out a sea shell and some mints for some added interest.
OH! don't forget the water! We drank lots over the next 8 hours. Eight hours man! YES! From mid-evening till dawn. We went up with tea, slipped slowly down, went back up with tea then back up with cannabis.

I was nearly down from my 2nd tea dose while he was still flying. I had to get out of him where the key to the cabinet which held the pipe and stash was. FOCUS! Well, after a slow motion realization he remembered it was in his coat pocket and cracked me up by telling me the coat was locked in the cabinet with the stash which made us both laugh b/c we both knew it could not have been because the key was in the pocket. I pictured going 'round and 'round with that but he found the coat and I went out in the cold to sit lotus style and take two hits. That's all I needed and WOW!
Unfortunately for him in his high-in-the-brain mushroom state his wife became high-in-the-body on cannabis.
I jumped on him and begged for a physical time. He said I had to trust him that he just couldn't. I told him to take his brain for a walk around the block and when he came back he'd find his body with a BIG smile on his face but that didn't convince him so I struggled to stop bugging him for the other "good stuff" I wanted which to me is a trip unto itself w/o drugs only to be compared to The Eleven by the Dead which makes me squirm every time I hear it while tripping and similarly but on a lower level even when I'm not (but only since I first tripped). Almost all music is good under the influence but the Eleven for me is something else!

At one point I said I thought I was guessing what was about to happen and doing it accurately. I called it vuja de. While lying sideways with him in bed I shifted my hips and torso with the music. I said he had a human lava lamp behind him. Cute.

His choice of music was based on his extensive research over the years: New age guitar/flute stuff...mellow good for the take off. Grateful Dead...you just want to dance! Well I did, he just lies quietly and rides it to Never-Never Land. The cannabis part of the trip, which I still call tripping b/c it felt just about like that, not just "stoned", was enhanced with Jefferson Starship's Surrealistic Pillow...."if you know what I meeeean, yeah!"

I announced "I officially have a case of the munchies". He'd joined me by smoking too at that point. I felt good to be able to get my head together enough to get him what he asked for from the fridge. What we ate tasted SO good! It was pleasure from food as one rarely experiences straight. He told me not to have food in my mouth so I wouldn't choke when The Starship "took off" as it would be THAT powerful when he put on the tape! We did small things for each other like that. Warning before something flippy happens, cover one another with a blanket/uncover to go to the bathroom, hand each other glasses of water, etc.
The Starship lyrics went well with our closeness/bonding with lyrics like "Don't you want somebody to love?" and "You're my best friend, and I love youuu".
I left to shower so he could listen quietly to the rest of that. Showers are great on a low dose. I sang a song by YES then felt the hot water like something melting over me and the rushing sound in my ears was fascinating. Anyone else like showers when tripping?
I find that I accept the flaws of my body better while tripping which stems from being more accepting of human imperfections in general then. This is enhanced by my husband who helps me try to see things from another persecutive on behalf of others. I try to keep that with me after "landing".
During another shower trip I got the shampoo in my hand when a wave of "up" hit me (like contractions w/o the pain) so I had to just stand there with my hand up till it waned. I must have looked like the Statue of Liberty w/o her toga. Finally I got my hair washed, then rode another wave, got the water turned off off and got out. Each stage took concentration to achieve. Anyone else feel it come in waves like that?

I went back out to him in my robe and drew while he played guitar. It was SO good. Live music has it's own mind blowing quality as you see if taking place right before you. I always wondered how musicians could function while tripping. Apparently they hyper-focus and get a very tight job done as did the bands I mentioned above. It's very sad that just about every member of those and so many other bands and single performers went through re-hab, often more than once or O.D'd. We have the incredible products to enjoy at the end of it all but it cost them dearly didn't it.

I created some freaky looking drawings as the music "took" me. I used colors that pleased me and was consistently happy with the results (ripples, waves, drips, hearts, rays). I showed them to him as I went along causing some eye opening and smiling in response. I sketched him during the last guitar playing stage as the trip ebbed. The proportions of that sketch were surprisingly correct w/o checking and rechecking like usual. Nice.
Neither of us trashed the house. Everything took concentration and effort but we got done what we needed to like remembering to lock the doors, shut off the lights, refill the water bottle...and get to the toilet!
3rd: The good stuff!
The peaks were other-worldly! The music greatly enhanced it. He has that "been-there at the Dead, Starship, Hot Tuna concerts, seen-these-visuals, done-those-drugs" experience, He advised me just to let the mushrooms say "enjoy me" and try to hear all the instruments at once. I sat away from him not to distract him. I usually focus on one instrument at a time while the others add their parts but I could never absorb all at once. I tried to do the "letting go and just listen" with several songs and finally at a peak I did it! I couldn't speak till it was past to say I'd accomplished it. I enjoyed that very much.
When I came over the top I called his name and said "I was somewhere else". I sounded a bit concerned so he patted the bed and said "You can come here with me if you like". I grabbed the opportunity and asked him to hold my hand as I felt like a helium balloon that would float away if he didn't hold me. We laughed at that knowing that though I was actually feeling what I'd described we both knew it wasn't actually so.
I said I'd been on the 2nd floor of my brain looking out at the beautiful view from the balcony. Then, as I can't resist a good line even under the influence I said "Going up, 2nd floor, Ladies Brains!".
My husband came up with: This is your pilot speaking, We are currently cruising at an altitude of 50,000 Ft. You may unfasten your seat belts and we hope you enjoy your trip!
I said: "If I was somewhere else did you miss me?"

On a different note, I felt like I observed a few moments of a past life. It was the 2nd time I was aware of this phenom. This time I felt not just aware but actually "there" observing it for a moment from above in the way "out of body" experiences are described. It wasn't clear and it was B&W. It didn't scare me either time. It was a calm realization.
I felt so protected and calm next to my husband that I told him I love him and he said the same. This was after about 2 years of tough stuff between us and it was something he hadn't said all that time. Though I'd been laughing hysterically over every other exchange till then (ow, my abs hurt!) you can guess that at that point I cried from deep happiness. Then he said: But I'm not going to say it every 5 min. The 2 of us laughed very hard w/my head bouncing on his stomach from the laughter. We both cried tears from that. I wiped his away for him while still laughing.
He got up to go the bathroom and I didn't feel anxiety lying alone as I thought I might. When he returned I said I'd forgive him for being the master of understatements (he's never very demonstrative) If he'd forgive me for my main fault: being sarcastic. He said he would. I said those were the last things getting in the way of our truly connecting. He said that was a deep thought and it could be correct. I pictured us as each a smooth surface with the negative traits being like barnacles that need removing to allow the surfaces to get together. I'd been trying very hard to rid myself of my negative trait(s) only to go in cycles of being semi-successful, fall back into it, "beat" myself up for that, feel down and grumpy alienating those closest to me and then try again. This time I felt rid of the problem by accepting it as being so and washing it away instead of scraping it painfully away. I know now that I can be sarcastic w/o being caustic at the same time. It can be towards the funny side of the spectrum instead of the in-you-face side.
All in all I found this trip liberating, profound, fun and full of love. It ended at dawn with great sex. I finally got my other "trip!".

--------------------

My inner child runs with scissors but plays nicely with others!

Sometimes the light's all shine'in on me,
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me,
What a looong strange trip it's been! ~ Truck'in

Edited by MyInnerChild (01/29/07 12:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesadspacemonkey
!universe!
Female User Gallery

Re: why tripping is much better than marriage counseling! [Re: MyInnerChild]
    #6516290 - 01/31/07 12:22 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

:happyheart: Love that subject heading...

Such a lovely trip report. I personally have yet to experience something like this, but I could really sense both the intimacy and compromise going on here. Those moments of connection when you're completely on the same page sound beautiful but then those moments of sensitivity to the other's slightly different mind frame- that's pretty damn important too.

I also feel way more comfortable with my body when I'm tripping. I've generally come to accept myself more recently, but nothing beats that feeling of utter acceptance of things that usually bug me. (For example- I've always regretted not being able to afford braces, felt ashamed to smile with my mouth open, etc etc - but while tripping I'm totally cool with it and the idea of yanking my teeth this way and that with metal horrifies me.)

Great ideas for music to listen to/ things to do while tripping. I'm so clueless about classic rock and all that- I just started listening to Jefferson Airplane/Starship/whatever like a month ago. I'm trying to branch out without turning into an utter cliche if possible :P

Quote:

This time I felt rid of the problem by accepting it as being so and washing it away instead of scraping it painfully away.

This is a great way of putting it. I had been banging my head against the wall for so long over the same old stuff but somehow tripping made it possible for me to walk through the door that was there all along.

I'm really glad you and your husband had this experience together. It's great when something can be both fun as well as healing and meaningful. I hope to be able to experience something similar someday. :smile:

--------------------

"I can't be told by anyone how to live. If I said to the minister 'Move from your home' he would think I was mad." Bushman : Botswana

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract