Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Loc: Nacada
Talking About and Walking the Path
    #6514745 - 01/30/07 10:44 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Shroomery is a place where I lot of deep ideas are being talked about. Some of them are kind of out there, but some of them are truth to the highest degree of faith one can have. For instance, all things are possible to each and every one of us. Nothing. For the vast majority of people, nothing can argue that fact. My question is, for those who are able to differentiate between the truths and falsehoods, are you walking the path that you can see in front of you or are you hesitant (and if so, why?).

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Talking About and Walking the Path [Re: WScott]
    #6514864 - 01/30/07 11:16 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I used to be hesitant because society is deep in the illusion. Living unplugged from the Matrix is not encouraged by society, and not a lot of people get you. Society does not approve of the idea that each and everyone of us is the same deep down and that we are god. If people knew they were god, societies' robot-like control of people would wouldn't work. People wouldn't believe that money is the point of life.

Anyway, I used to be hesitant because society is deep in the illusion. But, I have realized that living under the jurisdiction of society leads to unhappiness. We have to be true to ourselves and as objective as possible. We are meant to enjoy life and literally do anything we want (there is a rule: "live and let live", or "if it harm none, do what thou wilt"). If people knew this they wouldn't wake up only to go to there crappy, oppresive job everyday. They would be out there experiencing! Loving life!

Man I feel like I keep drifting off-topic.....

Now I have accepted that I must pursue my own happiness and enlightenment, no matter what others/society thinks of me. It is depressing though, as so many people are taken in and fooled by all the falsehoods.....

--------------------

"The choiceless truth of who you are is revealed to be permanently here permeating everything. Not a thing and not separate from anything."--Gaganji
"Yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream."
"My karma ran over my dogma!"

OfflineJackenobi
Hermes
Male

#6515009 - 01/30/07 11:55 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

My hesitancy normally flourishes when i am reading, and further to that, posting, in the philosophy and spirituality forum...

perhaps tellingly, i didn't read the post above me.

--------------------
read books

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#6515080 - 01/31/07 12:34 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I see no path in front of me, but I know there can be only one.  I am totally lost on the tight and narrow.  The ultimate irony. :rolleyes:

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Invisibleelbisivni
    #6515175 - 01/31/07 02:20 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I like to think I'm slowly and carefully moving along the path, stumbling occasionally - if I am not prepared to run then perhaps it is best for me not to run.  That's modest enough.  I do not know where the path leads or if it has an end, but I do know that I would like to travel as much of it as possible.

On a side note, I am very, very happy I found this community :smile:  Everyone here is really great.

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #6515191 - 01/31/07 02:58 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I think the path we walk in general is composed of how we deal with life.

Person A may walk a path without hesitation and be a "free" being but may die in the process of carelessness, and that's the path he walks.

Person B walks a path with seldom hesitation but that is THE path he walks. those hesitation may have gotten him/her out of life threatening situations.

Person C walks a life of constantly being hesitant. That's the path he walks though, so to him that's the path if he/she believes in it.

I don't know if what i'm saying is on the right page as you but I feel everyone goes in the same direction. Me leading an honest life is no different from a theif who leads a dishonest life. It may be different according to my preconcieved idea of what living one's life should be(living for good).

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Talking About and Walking the Path [Re: Cracka_X]
    #6515278 - 01/31/07 05:19 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

hesitation isn't always a bad thing either.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: Talking About and Walking the Path [Re: SoY]
    #6515530 - 01/31/07 08:32 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SoY said:
I used to be hesitant because society is deep in the illusion. Living unplugged from the Matrix is not encouraged by society, and not a lot of people get you. Society does not approve of the idea that each and everyone of us is the same deep down and that we are god. If people knew they were god, societies' robot-like control of people would wouldn't work. People wouldn't believe that money is the point of life.

Anyway, I used to be hesitant because society is deep in the illusion. But, I have realized that living under the jurisdiction of society leads to unhappiness. We have to be true to ourselves and as objective as possible. We are meant to enjoy life and literally do anything we want (there is a rule: "live and let live", or "if it harm none, do what thou wilt"). If people knew this they wouldn't wake up only to go to there crappy, oppresive job everyday. They would be out there experiencing! Loving life!

Man I feel like I keep drifting off-topic.....

Now I have accepted that I must pursue my own happiness and enlightenment, no matter what others/society thinks of me. It is depressing though, as so many people are taken in and fooled by all the falsehoods.....

--------------------
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offlinefreebass
small beardedchild
Male

Loc: SC
Re: Talking About and Walking the Path [Re: mikebart101]
    #6515783 - 01/31/07 10:24 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i think i am beginning to find/walk my path, but i am too caught up on the end. i realize that its not really important, but i guess im too self conscious about my "correctness" in truly pushing off from shore just yet. Ill get there eventually. So yeah, im hesitatant, as most young adults are at some point i suppose.

--------------------
FREEDOM ACROSS THE UNIVERSE!!!

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Talking About and Walking the Path [Re: freebass]
    #6515903 - 01/31/07 10:54 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

"i realize that its not really important, but i guess im too self conscious about my "correctness" in truly pushing off from shore just yet."

"It" is really that important. Being aware of your path as it unfolds is as important as anything gets in this life - being aware means making no assumptions about the course it will take, and allowing your own unique sense of "correctness", free of the burden of others' expectations, to blossom.

"Ill get there eventually. So yeah, im hesitatant, as most young adults are at some point i suppose."

Where is it that you want to get?

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Offlinefreebass
small beardedchild
Male

Loc: SC
Re: Talking About and Walking the Path [Re: Lion]
    #6515970 - 01/31/07 11:12 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

haha, you know, im not sure i can say where it is i want to get. perhaps wherever this path will take me. i think the difficulty for me is just letting go, freeing myself of the burden of others' expectations, as you say.

--------------------
FREEDOM ACROSS THE UNIVERSE!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder