Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Peat, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemgaper
Stranger
Start growing, need answers
    #6515317 - 01/31/07 07:57 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hello, I am from Slovenia and since here mushrooms don't really like to grow outside I decided to cultivate them at home. I read a lot of this and decided to first grow cakes of 135ml brown rice and 110ml water, let them colonize, put them in a plastic cointainer and add casing mix of around 65% peat and 35% verm, under, around and on them. If the cakes will be smaller then the cointainer, I won't crush them, if not I will. Now the qouestion: Will I have to sterilize the cointainer in boiling water? And where do I put the container of the mycelium and casing, do I need a terarium or just put it in a closed and a little sealed wardrobe with regular ventilation and 10-12 hours of fluorescent light? And if i can't grow in that way I will start with a substrate of straw and cow manure. If I remember something else I will ask. Thanks.
Gašper

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Start growing, need answers [Re: mgaper]
    #6515324 - 01/31/07 08:02 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

>Will I have to sterilize the cointainer in boiling water?

No, just wash it with sope and dry it with a clean towel.

>where do I put the container of the mycelium and casing, do I need a terarium

Anywhere where the humidity of ~90-95% and a few hours of light per day can be maintained.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Peat, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation