Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Something's Rotten In England
    #651204 - 05/29/02 11:25 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Here we see British police at work disarming arch public enemies like 11-year-olds with toy guns during their birthday parties. No wonder they've "stemmed the rate of increase" of violent crime in London!

www.sierratimes.com/02/05/29/waters.htm

Something Is Rotten In the State Of England
By Robert A. Waters

Published 05. 28. 02 at 21:34 Sierra Time

Tony Martin still sits in an English prison.

But the farmer who killed a burglar and wounded a second at least has a chance for parole later this year. In yet another bizarre twist to an already bizarre story, the second burglar, Brendan Fearon (who was also shot but did not die), has been consulted about conditions of Martin's eventual parole. You see, Fearon is considered the "victim" in this case, and in England, victims have a right to give their input when a convicted felon may be released. It doesn't matter that Fearon had more than 30 arrests, including several for crimes of violence. Nor does it matter that Fearon's own father has called for Martin's release.

The conviction and imprisonment of Martin is a stain on the once-great British Empire.

Now an equally disturbing case comes to light.

Bill Clifford, 77, of Aldershot, Hampshire and a veteran of World War II, hanged himself on May 3, 2001. It was the day he was to appear in court on charges of "possessing an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear." According to his brother Raymond, the veteran had never been in trouble with the law and was so ashamed of being arrested that he took his own life.

According to the Manchester Guardian, Clifford committed the heinous offense of using a pellet gun to scare off a gang of teenage punks who were kicking in his door and breaking a window in his home. Raymond Clifford stated that a long history of harassment led to the incident. "The trouble he had from the youths got worse in the last couple of months," Raymond Clifford said. "They shouted outside and put eggs through his letterbox." His brother called police several times to report the gang's criminal activities, but got no satisfaction. Finally, when the thugs attempted to break into his home, Clfford used the pellet gun to scare them away. Instead of detaining the punks who were threatening the homeowner, cops arrested Bill Clifford.

It seems English Constables have trouble catching real criminals. But even though an estimated three million guns may be in the hands of English criminals, God forbid that any law-abiding citizen should keep a firearm for the defense of his home.

Just as despicable to English police are children who play with toy guns.

A few months ago, Constables stormed through the door of a residence in Red House, Sunderland and arrested an eleven-year-old boy who had just received a pellet gun for his birthday. According to the Newcastle Journal, the lawmen, accompanied by a riot van, interrupted a birthday party to make the arrest.

The child, Roland Hopper, was spirited by cops to the local jailhouse and interrogated for two hours. His mother, Andrea Davies, stated that the Constables rushed into the house just as her son was about to cut his birthday cake. "I was pretty shocked," she said. "We looked out the window and they were swarming around like storm troopers in bulletproof vests...And on top of everything else, they confiscated the gun. Roland was in tears."

It was later determined that a neighbor had seen the boys playing with the pellet gun and reported it to police.

After being released, Roland said, "It was the worst birthday party I ever had."

And now, in maybe the most outrageous case of all, Ruby Barber, a grandmother who had been repeatedly burglarized, decided to surround her house with barbed wire to protect it from intruders. Her request was initially denied because it "might hurt burglars." A storm of protest eventually caused the Northampton Borough Council to relent. Barber, they said, could surround her garden with razor wire. But there was a catch--she must take the precaution of posting warning signs and "agree to take full responsibility if a would-be intruder is injured."

Am I missing something here?

Sounds like the inmates are running the asylum.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Robert A. Waters is the author of "The Best Defense: True Stories of Intended Victims Who Defended Themselves with a Firearm." His second book, "Guns Save Lives: True Stories of American Defending Themselves with Firearms," will be published in May.

? 2002 SierraTimes.com
-----------------------------------------------
Permission to reprint/republish granted, as long as you include the name of our site, the author, and our URL. www.SierraTimes.com All Sierra Times news reports, and all editorials are ? 2002 SierraTimes.com (unless otherwise noted)
------------------------------------------------
SierraTimes.com A Subsidiary of J.J. Johnson Enterprises, Inc.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepolitikill
journeyman

Loc: THC, Canada
Re: Something's Rotten In England [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #651282 - 05/29/02 12:05 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Crazy
It reminds me of this chick up here in Canada who served 6 months and was sued for some serious coin. What did she do???
She had just got out of the shower one summer afternoon and some guy propped a ladder to her 2nd story window. Apparently, she asked the guy to leave and instead he started climbing up the ladder so... she pushed over the ladder. The guy fucked up his back and broke a bone, like I said she got sued and served a little time for it.
Not justice the way I define it!!!

--------------------
Censorship: ahh, McCarthyism with a smiley face

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #651351 - 05/29/02 12:39 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Sadly, with people voting for candidates in this country such as Daschle, Kennedy, Lieberman, and the like, that's the road we here in the US are heading down.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAmoeba665
strange
Loc: a hidden microutopia at t...
    #651811 - 05/29/02 04:24 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

that is fucked up... what i want to know is, what do they expect you to do if someone is breaking into your home while you're still there? do they expect you to just call the police and wait? call the police and try to get your family to a safe place somewhere? i think if someone is breaking and entering it's safe to assume they could be armed and are willing and able to kill you. although i don't think that means that it's okay for you to kill them (you don't *know* that your life is threatened and it's either you or them, you just know there is a possibility), it's certainly a good enough reason to allow people to own weapons and take precautions to protect themselves. and aside from all that... even if the resident does get charged with something, isn't the "victim" still trespassing/burglarizing? why would they not get charged as well?

--------------------
---

Anonymous

Re: Something's Rotten In England [Re: Amoeba665]
    #651946 - 05/29/02 05:40 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

If someone is breaking into to your home you have to kill them FIRST...THEN drag the body into the house!

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Something's Rotten In England [Re: Anonymous]
    #652111 - 05/29/02 07:24 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Even in America you would get charged with murder for that. It would leave a huge blood trail and would be extremely obvious. And blood is not somthing you just hose off, it's very thick. If someone was breaking in to my home I'de let them break in and hold the burglar at gun point until the police arrived. If they tried to escape or moved around too much they would die and I'de call the police back and tell them to send the coroner too. I'de really hate to have to shoot someone in my house though. The blood would be an overwhelming job to clean up, and as much the burglar would bleed the whole carpet would need replaced and it would probably soak through to the padding to the wood underneath. I've seen the reults of an indoor shooting before, and it's not pretty. Insurance won't cover the clean up cost either because it's only for accidents. And then you've got the pigs whole police force inside your house for several hours. It's an expeience best avoided if at all posible.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: Something's Rotten In England [Re: Anonymous]
    #653318 - 05/30/02 10:37 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Dragging bodies or planting weapons will get you nailed, even if it was a good shoot in the first place. Modern forensics are very, very good.

Take up a protected stance, aim, then wait for the perp to enter both your house and your kill zone.

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder