Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleHSIHd
ProfessionalHamburgler
Male

Loc: IOWA
Re: RIP kitty [Re: CosmicFool]
    #6513782 - 01/30/07 07:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CosmicFool said:
You keep calling him Kitty. Did he get named Kitty or are you just not using his name.

One of our cats is named Kitty. Basically because we were to lazy to name her. It has since evolved into Mrs. Kitty. She is like the Paris Hilton of cats, always striking a pose and she is little slut.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: RIP kitty [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #6513784 - 01/30/07 07:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

There was some sick fuck up in my hometown in Alaska who was going around feeding anti-freeze to dogs to poison them. I know he got at least 10+ dogs at the time I read the article in the newspaper. I hope they caught the fuck and castrated him, I never did find out.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

OfflineRipVanWinkle
The Benzodiazethang
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Near Memphrica, TN Flag
Re: RIP kitty [Re: Jadian]
    #6513833 - 01/30/07 07:22 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

People like that make me sick. I usually don't wish death upon ANYONE but people that that are an exception...

--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: RIP kitty [Re: CosmicFool]
    #6513999 - 01/30/07 07:52 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

You keep calling him Kitty. Did he get named Kitty or are you just not using his name.

I never really used the name my mother gave him, in part for putting the associated memories to rest. I addressed him as Cat, Kitty and so on and that worked for us, unlike dogs cats don't really attach to names.

Quote:

I'm sure he figured it would be harder on you if you woke up and had to bury him or something similar.

I don't think cat minds go that far, but it definitely would have been harder for me to have found him dead or having to deal with him dying next to me on the couch. (he never got onto anyone's lap, he had been the weakest of the litter and shy of humans always, except strictly on his terms) If you accept that he had to die that day, the way it went was probably for the best.

I probably will not have another cat. I have a hightened risk of hospitalisation and a risk to get another heart attack at any time, so I would not want to leave a kitty behind.

Quote:

I usually don't wish death upon ANYONE but people that that are an exception...

Karma will get them, all the time, to the full extent. Don't worry about it too much. There is however a link between animal cruelty and violence against humans, so anyone who poisons animals or really mistreats them ought to be psychologically and criminally investigated.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinestr8
Im fuckin bonzo,yo!

Re: RIP kitty [Re: Asante]
    #6514070 - 01/30/07 08:06 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

eww frozen pussicle... no worries wicky ull be there soon 2 to frolic in the land of frost... then ull b 2geather again... but will u be happy?

MOD EDIT: malicious trolling - 3 day Pub ban.

Edited by Wiccan_Seeker (01/30/07 08:38 PM)

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #6514149 - 01/30/07 08:23 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

sorry to hear about your loss. but don't give up hope completely, i've known cats who have taken off for months and eventually showed back up no worse for the wear.

also, not meaning to derail a thread about your loss, but if you have an outdoor cat you should really get them spayed or neutered. there are thousands upon thousands of cats born every year that have nobody to take care of them, and lots of unwanted kitty pregnancies when male cats knock up people's housecats who were out for a stroll. a little snip now could save dozens of unwanted cats from being born only to die.

--------------------

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
    #6514165 - 01/30/07 08:28 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i had a cat who did the same thing, i even looked for it around the neighborhood but it found a peaceful hideaway and passed on,they r a special lifeform indeed

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #6514215 - 01/30/07 08:43 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Very sad to hear W_S, I didn't know that cats left home when they planned to pass on... I fear that my dog won't last much longer either, he's about 10 years old and is acting very strangely lately. Sometimes he stands up to attention and stuff and just stares at something that isn't there and the other night he was trying to dig a hole through the bathroom rug. He also spends a lot more time sleeping these days... I have a feeling I really won't cope with his death well. :sad:

--------------------
]

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #6514274 - 01/30/07 08:58 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

, unlike dogs cats don't really attach to names.

Some cats dont, my cats all know their names :wink: I have three cats, and they all respond to their names well.

--------------------

InvisibleSirTokesALittle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Sir Tokes A Little [Re: Asante]
    #6514467 - 01/30/07 09:43 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Sir Tokes A Little

Edited by SirTokesALittle (02/08/07 08:25 PM)

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #6514570 - 01/30/07 10:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

:heart: to you cat

I had a cat gone for almost a month. Think he was out getten some.

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #6514591 - 01/30/07 10:17 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry to hear that man.  Outdoor cats rule.

I was given a cat when I was born and he was strictly an outdoor cat.  I mean, he would come in to sleep with me everynow and then(hated the rest of the family), but he was outside lots.

In his 17 years there was many times he could be gone for up to 3 weeks at a time....especially in the winter.

Then someone in our trailer park started putting anti-freeze in their gardens.  Our family, and pets, had been around longer than anyone.  Our cat was known to all and some new piece of shit to the neighbourhood didn't like the cats in her garden, so put anti-freeze in them.  I just wonder how many other cats got sick or died.

He had a kidney failure and his body started dehydrating(i think that's what they said).  His eyes were so sucked back in his head and were REALLY gooey all the time.  He stopped eating and even drinking water after a week.

He left our house and after 2 days I went and looked around the forest and neighbourhood where I knew his favourite spots were.

I found him and he seemed so relieved actually.  I took him straight down to the vet and had him put down.

It was very sad.  I could of let him be, but he was dying painfully and I didn't like that idea...and I'm to much of a pussy to do my own cat in.

Just felt like sharing.

Here's to good memories with your cat though :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom