Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMrBuzin
Stranger
Male

ego loss and insanity
    #6509035 - 01/29/07 07:00 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

has the ego death/loss made from a mushroom trip carried on into your sober life?

also do you at times feel like you're losing it or going insane... i know i sure am :/ i'm just looking for someone to relate too because sometimes it feels like to much

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFeanor
Crafter of the Silmarils
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: ego loss and insanity [Re: MrBuzin]
    #6509132 - 01/29/07 07:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yes. I will never be 'sober' in the regular sense and meaning of the word. An Ego Loss will change you for good!
Your not going insane, but rather the others in society around you are the ones going insane. Be who you truly are. Don't let others influence what you become. It's good to differ from the norm.

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

OfflineMrBuzin
Stranger
Male

#6509178 - 01/29/07 07:34 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

sometimes my ego loss gets so severe i forget that theres even a society out there. society is really an illusion anyway. i just get lost in space and feel like i get in touch with the "program". my vision looks 2d sometimes... and no i'm not hallucinating hippos :P

edit: it's actually like i forget everything, i forget what being happy is, being sad, i forget what this big hunk of body i'm in is, anything but theres bouts of fear and terror that are thrown at me

Edited by Syk0s3s (01/29/07 07:40 PM)

OfflineFeanor
Crafter of the Silmarils
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #6509209 - 01/29/07 07:39 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yo, you're not alone! What I love the most about experiencing an Ego Loss is being re-birthed, having your ego reassimilated into your psyche. I find everything to be oh so very extraterrestrial like when I come down. People look SO different and sometimes just being in a Downtown area will utterly amaze me.

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

OfflineMrBuzin
Stranger
Male

Re: ego loss and insanity [Re: Feanor]
    #6509225 - 01/29/07 07:43 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

yeah i know what you mean about the re-birth. it's a reawakening really. that's what the mushroom high is.... a deconstruction of the reality thats been built up since you were a baby, see that's where things just get crazy for me... but then again i'm only guessing... like everything

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Organ
    #6509283 - 01/29/07 07:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Syk0s3s said:
has the ego death/loss made from a mushroom trip carried on into your sober life?

also do you at times feel like you're losing it or going insane... i know i sure am :/ i'm just looking for someone to relate too because sometimes it feels like to much

yes! this happened to me two weekends ago and during december. both trips were bad and i end up crying for hours on end. i was depressed for a while and thought that it was never gong to end. i also thought that i was going crazy and going to end up in a mental institution. then, last saturday night, i decided to eat 4.3 grams of dried shrooms and had a GREEAT trip. so long for the depression for now.

give it time and it'll most likely go away. just remember that 'it's all in your head'.

i think listening to music during the come-up of the last trip helped me enjoy it more or something.

OfflineHix
Animal Mother
Male

Re: ego loss and insanity [Re: Feanor]
    #6509285 - 01/29/07 07:59 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'll have to say everything is different. Not visually or anything, but your thought processes, and your methods of observation are profoundly different.

It's the whole experience in itself that changes you. Once you forget who you are and your life, and simultaneously experience a psychedelic trip through that whole new perspective, it opens doors. Those doors are there for the rest of your life, and there at your command.

What I got out of it was the ability to see everything for what it truly is. And now I just try to live my life with as much purity and goodness as I can. There are times that I lose sight of what I've learned and do dumb shit, like lose my temper or something like that, but they're significantly less frequent than prior-ego loss.

I see everything humanity has done in a different view, so it'd be hard for me to lose that. As far as going insane is concerned I don't really feel I've gone insane. What I see is not insanity in society, but a sick and demented desire to block out the truth, and deny any feeling of wanting to contribute to the world. This is not with everyone, and there are a lot of people who are far more aware than me about the world, so as depressing and as lonely as it makes you feel, there is almost always something positive to look out for, and hope and support in the world to balance out the bad.

Sorry for rambling on, but when you're talking shroom trips and ego-loss, it's hard to keep it brief.

Edited by Hix (01/29/07 08:01 PM)

OfflineMex
Mother Earth
Male

Loc: ITA ~ Earth ~ 13:20
    #6509577 - 01/29/07 09:02 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hello Syk0s3s ! I'm writing directly to you, from Italy. As I saw on the first screen of the Shroomery the title of a post called "ego loss and insanity" I couldn't not jump and I stepped in immediately. My name is Ranieri, I live in Tuscany, the center of Italy, in a beautiful town (and famous also :smile:) called Florence.
I came back in town in September 2006, after I returned from 6 months living with the Mayans in the Chiapas Jungle.
And now living here is bringing me lots of challenging...
So many things, so many people, so many emotions to get in touch with... Sometimes seemed really too much for me.

This was a sort of preface, for letting you better enter into the story, and understanding also who I am and who are you :wink: . The first time I ate the Holy Mushrooms was almost 4 years ago, if I'm not wrong it was in April 2003 with a friend of mine. Before eating them I wasn't expecting anything particular, I was only feeling that something "Big" was coming to me. Thou, I did not have a single idea of what this was, until it happened.
That time, the first time I ate the Mushroom, I perceived and made the experience of Everything. God. The Universe. Or however you wish to call it. That night I entered the Secret, the Revelation and the Truth. I entered in the One.
In the Indian tradition, that state is called "samadhi", the state of Oneness, where the Ego - Person - Subject doesn't feel anymore separated from the Object - Seen - External Reality. For more information about these check http://www.google.it/search?hl=it&rls=GGLR%2CGGLR%3A2006-48%2CGGLR%3Ait&q="body+of+light"&meta= this search at Google.com

Being in the One, you lose completely your Ego, your personality, your preferences. There's nothing that you "like" ans something that you don't "like". You simply BE, like a plant or a tree or like the clouds in the sky.
Actually, what happens during that state that can be experienced in various way (by plants, by meditations, by Yoga, by deeksha _ that is a sort of Rei-ki - but different), is that the energy through out the Seven Chakras called Kundalini (for this check here ) is beeing liberated reaching so the top of the head, the physical brain, or also the Sahasrara Chakra 7th. When this happend the perception is beyond Time and Space as we normally know. That night, in fact, I couldn't at all understand what the concept of tomorrow was meaning, it was completely non-sense for me...
That night I understood that all the things that I liked and disliked where just illusions created, and the true Reality was only the One. We are One. Everything is One. We are Everything. And you can immagine, that when this happened I was just 19 years old, with NO INFORMATION about anything that now I'm telling you...:shocked:
I was surprised, shocked, confused; I could't at all understand if what I experienced was reality or dream. So I wanted to try again that, and few days later I ate again Mushrooms with another friend. The experience came the same, the One, pure Love that connect us beyond what we can perceive... That time I also understood that is possible to realize in your own this experience, but until you won't make it, you won't know really what I'm talking about :confused: "The Universe is One _ logically_ has a sense, but soooooo restricted if compared to the EXPERIENCE of it... you got it? :wink:"
Sooooooo... all this for what? :smile: We are coming to the points and I hope you won't get boried...

After that times my eyes started to disclose, and to open wider and wider. I started to search for answers: "Why we are living in a separated (Ego) state?" "Who Am I?" "Why there is suffering in this World?". So, I started to practice meditation, Yoga, Pranayama and more. I also kept on using the Holy Mushrooms, eating them during the Full Moon on the mountains, in the woods alone, sometimes 10 g. dried...  :thumbup: Strong moments, sometimes scary, sometimes wonderful. The point is that with this usage and practice I went completely into a de-construction of my personality, the Ego, the characteristic created in this wordly-life.
Now, 4 years later after the 1st experience with Mushrooms, I find me (what I can call me...) quite confused. Still I don't know exactly who I am, it happens that during some days my mind is completely shut "off" and no thoughts of any kind are coming to me. I don't feel strong, and have difficulties in linear thoughts. My body sometimes is "heavy", and have difficult to move. My mind is not really clear, and have sometimes memory - problems.
All this is happening to me in the last 5/6 months, when I was in Mexico the thing was faaaar different, and somebody might say "better" (not me anyway :smile:).

Now, as in the last 3 years I started really to reconnect back to some of ours sources and stars of origin, and recollect informations about WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE PLANET EARTH, I'm understanding that the process in which I'm involved is not at all provocated by the use of Mushrooms. Also, if you checked the studies about Mushrooms and Mind - Problem, you won't find anything related. One of the reason why is that Psylocin and Psylocibin, the alkaloid compund contained in Mushrooms, are quite similar if not almost identical to Serotonin, the other compound on which is based the work of our brains...
Some people may feel it stronger, some other may feel it as a natural thing, some other more will not feel any changes at all. Some may become a little sick, some other may get healed by this process. We are passing and getting to the end (so also to a New Beginning) of a big cycle, here in the Planet. All the energies are changing, our consciousness of person, our Egos and so on are shifting into a New Era. The science is seeing that the Hertz of the Earth is increasing more and more each day. Science is studying now to phenomenon like the one of "Samadhi" or "Oneness". Everything is changing, it just depends on us on how these chanings will affect the realm we are leaving in.
One of these processes is the one called "Body of Light" (check [url=http://www.google.it/search?hl=it&rls=GGLR%2CGGLR%3A2006-48%2CGGLR%3Ait&q="body+of+light"&meta=]here for info[/url], shifting into other levels of consciousness and (indeed) of reality. Sometimes some people may experience this shift in a very strong and heavy way, actually also some diseases may get out and "affect" (I prefer transform) the person.
Loss of memory, loss of Identity and of the "who am I", anxiety, fear, difficulty in recording facts and events, un-clearity of mind, difficulty in understanding, perception of other places or past experiences, heavyness of the body... there are sooooo many of this effects that can occur, and are NOT DIRECTLY LINKED to the Mushrooms.

It's just an awakening, a Planetary awakening. We are transforming what we think "our-selves" for starting to live the teaching bringed here by Jesus, by Muhammad, by Buddha, by Krishna, and so on... All this changing is needed, a strong purification is requested and for sure we will meet some difficulties. But we are not expected to give up, at all. We should open to it the more as possible, stopping the fight between us and with the reality we CREATE each day. Because it's US. WE ARE.
There are also so many, so many interesting things to read about the shifting of our planetary consciousness... The Mayans, for example, talk about 2012, the End of the Cycle of 5'125 years (simpler the end of the Story) with the Ascension of the Planet into the 5th Dimension, a higher state of frequency and of vibrations. Others talk about the coming back and the awakening of Atlantis, with the 144'000 helpers sent to the Earth... and so on. Just start to search about it, and you'll understand and realize that your process is a BLESSING, thou sometimes may seem heavy to undergo to it. Just open to it, and don't fight.
You'll see that the transformation of your-self will become much easier and more effordable :thumbup: :smile:

... and for the chronicle: yes, I'm still coultivating Mushrooms :thumbup: I got a GROW LOG going in the section of the Shroomery, about Brazilian Cubensis... YUPPIEEEE! :wink: Can't wait to make the casings...

GOT IT?! BE HAPPY, AND THANK FOR THE LIFE YOU'RE LEAVING, HOWEVER IT MAY APPEAR TO YOU. IT'S NOT ONLY A GIFT, BUT SOMETHING YOU DECIDED TO LIVE! SO ENJOY AND MAKE IT SACRED!

Om Shanti Om - May we be guided by the Light !
In Lake'ch - I'm another your-self

--------------------

OfflineOakbear
Trust me, I'm anurse!
Male

Loc: UK
    #6511078 - 01/30/07 05:50 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ego LOSS. - Perhaps the ultimate example of losing it.

But the point is you find it again.
Rebuild from scratch, questioning what you were, how the world is.

You can't experience true ego loss and not have it carry over into, and change, your life.

Or at i least i couldn't.....
Any other opinions or experiences? I'm just one guy i guess....

--------------------
UK Gathering? http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6108350/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

"I'm no fucking Buddhist, but this is enlightenment"

OfflineMex
Mother Earth
Male

Loc: ITA ~ Earth ~ 13:20
Re: ego loss and insanity [Re: Oakbear]
    #6511256 - 01/30/07 08:10 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You're faaaar more than what "you" think "you are... :wink:

--------------------

OfflineOakbear
Trust me, I'm anurse!
Male

Loc: UK
Re: ego loss and insanity [Re: Mex]
    #6511266 - 01/30/07 08:15 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Absolutely.
Ego loss teaches us that.

However we benefit from an understanding of the parametres of what we defined ourselves as before such an experience, as well as a working ego to function in life.

But that experience never leaves us, and we know we are part of the One...

--------------------
UK Gathering? http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6108350/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

"I'm no fucking Buddhist, but this is enlightenment"

OfflinePolyrhythmanaut
BaphometicServitude
Male

Re: ego loss and insanity [Re: Oakbear]
    #6511959 - 01/30/07 01:05 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ego Death, everyone needs it if only just once. Can you imagine how the world would be tomorrow if at midnight the entire human race had a collective Ego Massacre. There's a tomorrow I'd like to wake up to.:grin:

OfflineGoro
Stranger
    #6512258 - 01/30/07 02:45 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Syk0s3s said:

Though it wasn't induced by a psychedelic trip of any sort, I believe I'm experiencing something similar. I've been meditating constantly for the past 3 months (I'm no longer attending my university) and I decided I couldn't take this lying, this bullshit I feed myself every day. I knew that the thing I thought I was... was bullshit, to put it plainly. And then the thinking started. I was being inundated by a constant inflow of thoughts and ideas that were simultaneously foreign and incredibly familiar. Then I realized that there seem to be two aspects of myself. This thing that we like to think of being ourselves, and then another underlying "essence," if you will. I can't give any description of this thing that would do it justice. Just something one has to see oneself.

But this thing has basically been driving me away from people; I've become alienated from people I know and also myself. I'm divided between my human machine and whatever the fuck this other thing is. If I had spoken with a doctor a few weeks ago, I would have undoubtedly been diagnosed as having a mental disorder of some sort, transient or otherwise. I'm just now pulling out of this thing, for the sake of my relationships with other people, and my own fears of *completely* losing my previous self. The thing is, I can't let go of what I experienced, and I can't continue to lie to myself, though I initially thought I could.

I look ahead, and I absolutely do not see myself being able to maintain whatever the previous person/thing was, nor will I be able to maintain my relationships with people I had previously cared much about. I simply don't relate to anybody anymore. Perhaps my view soudns pessimistic, but I think I just have to be real with myself. I can't lie to myself or anyone else anymore, I just can't.

Offlinefunkface
FriendlyStranger w/candy

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ego loss and insanity [Re: Goro]
    #6512383 - 01/30/07 03:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

How are you unable to relate?

Are you choosing not to relate?

The entire collective human experience you have received thus far seemingly allows you to do so but you are choosing not to. Why?

I hope I'm not digging too far, I'm just curious.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience