Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Montreal, Canada Flag
what do you think of this?
    #6502509 - 01/27/07 03:16 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

This is what other members posted on another forum I visit and this is what they said bout physcedelics:

yes... wikipedia is maintained by the people, if i wanted to, i could go and edit a deffinition.

and hpi... you still have no clue what you are talking about. dea and fda are not full of bs... it would be illegal. you can try to back your crap up all you want, but they are still addictive, and there is still a reason they are illegal...

you are in canada, here they are illegal, all shrooms. and lsd more than once a week?! are you kidding me? i have heard of people dieing from lsd cause they build up such a huge tollerance, they they OD. look at all the druggies from the 80's when lsd first came out, yeah... they are totaly messed up, cant even think straight. $20 says you will prove yourself wrong in about 10-15 years... you think you are being all safe and crap now, wait til you are living on your own, and have all the time and no consiquence to abuse them.

Whats your opinion on this?

I think it's in the wrong section as well.

--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!

There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.

4-Methyl-Aminorex

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecookeman
Live and let live
Male User Gallery

Re: what do you think of this? [Re: hpi]
    #6502519 - 01/27/07 03:20 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i think that's the most retarded shit I've ever heard.

--------------------
“Let’s put it this way – to lump psychedelic mushrooms into the same group as methamphetamine is like lumping the Bible into the same group as Mein Kampf.
I mean shit; they’re both books, right?”

Joe Rogan

R.I.P. - "Bones" - One of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know and become friends with.

InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
Re: what do you think of this? [Re: cookeman]
    #6502528 - 01/27/07 03:24 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

cookeman said:
i think that's the most retarded shit I've ever heard.

i 2nd that, lsd is possibly one of the safest drugs you could take, and as for it coming out in the 80's what a DUMBASS

--------------------

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: what do you think of this? [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #6502530 - 01/27/07 03:26 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

good good, keep the answers coming so I can show this !

--------------------

There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.

4-Methyl-Aminorex

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #6502649 - 01/27/07 04:39 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

first starters there are only a few addictive psychedelics such as ketamine.

Heres a quote from the book "from Chocolate to Morphine" by Andrew Weil, M.D. And Winifred Rosen

"Some users (of psychedelics) have recommended them enthusiastically , claiming they are keys to understanding our minds and the origins of religious feelings. Many nonusers are fearful of them, regarding them as dangerous agents capable of driving people to insanity and suicide...The substances in this class probably have the lowest potential for abuse of any psychoactive drugs (that includes anything from asthma inhalers i.e bronchodilators to caffeine) In purely medical terms they may be the safest of all known drugs. Even in huge overdose psychedelics do not kill, and some people take them frequently all there lives without suffering physical damage or dependence."

o and LSD leaves the body within 24 to 72 hours so there's no chance of build up(i have no idea where it would build up, and don't say spinal fluid like all those myths, your body naturally replaces it.) and the L.D. 50 (overdose) of LSD 25 is 12,000 ug such a huge dose that only an idiot would take it without realizing it. Also there are reports of people taking said amount without medical problems. There are very few reported deaths to LSD and compared to alcohol or nicotine ( 85,000 and 435,000 in one year alone) its just ridiculous why it and other hallucinogens are illegal. Most deaths that are moderately related to LSD are that people ingested another substance thinking its LSD which had a lower ld50 thats just thanks to the government making it illegal and forcing people to buy unpure sources in the black market.

You mention all the messed up hippies but when LSD first was being used buy the public druggies weren't the only ones buying it. Quite the opposite, drug addicts hated the substance. A large amount of customers were doctors, lawyers and the such.

I don't blame this guy for thinking the way he does because he was force fed bullshit propaganda by the government since he was a child, but it would be nice if he had used actual fact instead of inventing examples through fear of the substances (which is where most myths start, well that and company's like above the influence). Obviously I'm not gonna convince this guy otherwise but for all those people out there that are a little more open minded to realize how stupid that way of thinking is and to search the facts not blindly believe the myths.

--------------------

Edited by DeathCompany (01/27/07 04:42 PM)

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: what do you think of this? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #6502655 - 01/27/07 04:41 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Nice response death company. Ya but ketamine also rlly isn't meant for humans also.

--------------------

4-Methyl-Aminorex

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #6502667 - 01/27/07 04:44 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

well he posted about psychedelics which ketamine is and people do sue it. Also i don't see why you say its not meant for people?

--------------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
    #6502674 - 01/27/07 04:48 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know. I have never done acid but i have done shrooms maybe 40 times or more. However i have had some friends who abused acid in the past, and all i can say is i can tell. They are not brain dead, not stupid, or nonfunctional, none of that.

I have had a girlfriend that made comments like "I am pretty sure i have done enough LSD for my lifetime" and i could see why she made those comments, and i guess she could too.

The only real thing i usually saw was maybe drifting off into different thoughts, while i was talking to her, trying to make a point about something. Then she would snap out of it and just start laughing and talking about some shit that was just running through her head, ignoring my previous statement. Quite annoying. She just seamed to lack a certain realistic trait that other girls i have dated have shown. However she is very intelligent, artistically and musically inclined, and usually quite easy to talk to.

I have another friend who has done way to much IMO. Sometimes he realizes that too, but continues to do it. He has made claims before about eating a whole sheet in one night when he was 16, and staying up tripping for 3-4 days with his friend. As well as bragging about similar acid experiences, I don't keep track of all his stories, just too many of them. He looks like a straight prep, the kind of guy you want working in your law firm, at least that is the impression he gives you on his first day. He likes to use big words, and think a long time before he uses them. It is almost like he is reciting something he practiced saying over and over. It usually makes sense, but it is quite funny sometimes when he slips up. He gets very defensive, and usually is no good at defending himself. It usually slips off into a metaphor or an analogy that doesn't quite compare correctly to the subject at hand. He is very fun to debate with. Another thing he will do, is if he thinks he made a comment that offended anyone, he will sit and think for about 20 minutes super quiet not talking to anyone. Probably trying to choose the proper words to apologize, and then he will apologize. Most people are like "What!?! We were talking about that like 20 minutes ago! We all got over that a long time ago! Don't worry about it so much."

He has indulged in many drugs when he was younger, mostly acid, cocaine, meth, mushrooms, weed, and alcohol. So i can't really blame acid for the way he is.

I imagine a responsible recreational user of LSD would have little to none of thees side effects. However i have no scientific proof that LSD caused my friends to act the way they act. There are an innumerable amounts of reasons that can attribute to human behavior.

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6502679 - 01/27/07 04:52 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DeathCompany said:
well he posted about psychedelics which ketamine is and people do sue it. Also i don't see why you say its not meant for people?

Well I mean humans use it as a dissociative anaesthetic(sp?) but vetenerians also use it but ya. Ketamine isn't that great imo.

--------------------

4-Methyl-Aminorex

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6502687 - 01/27/07 04:55 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Well here is what has been said now:

The halucenagens and psychadelic drugs can do worse things than the hard drugs you avoid. The hard drugs will kill you like a poisen, cause cardiac arest or your brain will just check out.

In all these cases you die with relitivly no pain, but still dead. In the high of a psychadelic drug you halucenate. Halucenating is when signals of sensory perception are interupted and rerouted. The number 5 will appear to your brain as red or a wistle, where as a tree is the smell of wet dog. Also lsd causes a release of the pleasure causing chemicals in your brain. All the stock of chemical is released at one time and you get a high of pleasure.

Only one problem not all the time do you revert to your normal state. Your sensory perception can forever be scrabled. There are no cases of some one once going into this state ever coming out. It doesnt only rewire your sensory perception it will rewire every part of your brain: short term memory, long term, emotions, resoning, motor. Besides that the release of pleasure causing chemicals can cause deep depresion and you may be rendered unable to produce those same chemicals again and will effectively never be happy again.

All chemical compounds othere than stratch, fat, and protien can have an ill effect if used in a certain quanity, but things like iron poisening from vitemens is gone after a couple days, but I personally could not live my life knowing I had chemically altered my body for the worse with drugs.

P.S. Marajuana will cause deformites in any children you have by random chance. the chance is higher in women users because less eggs are produced

--------------------

4-Methyl-Aminorex

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
    #6502709 - 01/27/07 05:03 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

what a bunch of fucking retarded idiots.
if theyve ever read anything on the shit they put in their bodies they would understand what the hell they are talking about.

LSD didnt come out in the 80's.
LSD was founded way before that, then it was being tested by the US government to be used as a mind control technique, then it got leaked out of the labratories in late 50's and it started the whole scene of psychedelia and all that hippy "shit".

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
    #6502713 - 01/27/07 05:04 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hpi said:

P.S. Marajuana will cause deformites in any children you have by random chance. the chance is higher in women users because less eggs are produced

Wow everything you just said sounds right on. Except the quote above.

How come you say "Marijuana will cause deformites" instead of Marijuana could cause deformities. Does this mean it is proven to happen every time! I think you mean "deformities" yes? And what do you mean by "random chance"? What kind of deformities are you referring to.

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Re: what do you think of this? [Re: blacksun]
    #6502722 - 01/27/07 05:08 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

"Besides that the release of pleasure causing chemicals can cause deep depresion and you may be rendered unable to produce those same chemicals again and will effectively never be happy again"

Dopamine is the "chemical" your talking about and no your brain goes back to normal but you have more experience with psychedelic visions and different mental states.

Your brain stays the same in compesition.

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

OfflineAjna4201
DidgeridooExtraordinaire
Male

#6502731 - 01/27/07 05:19 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

"Halucenagens"? Damn, how old is this guy?

Look, there really is no point in arguing with these people.

Some people just aren't meant to explore that nature of themselves. No matter how much info you put in front of him he won't change his mind.

I wish that closed-minded people like that could be convinced to learn and think for themselves, to pursue their own understanding of things, and to question what they've been taught. Unfortunately, I just don't think it will ever happen.

It is best to just let these people think what they want. Do we really want people like that using psychedelics anyway?

Oh, and you should tell him to take all his albums, all his tapes, and all his CDs and burn them. ("Because you know what? All those musicians who made that great music that’s enhanced our lives throughout the years? Real fuckin’ high on drugs.")

--------------------

Edited by Ajna4201 (01/27/07 05:23 PM)

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Re: what do you think of this? [Re: Ajna4201]
    #6502755 - 01/27/07 05:29 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

All the musicians, writers, philosophers, all those people, high on drugs, and they made the world better.

POLITICIANS - no drugs = FUCKED THE PLANET.

they are fucking everyone over.

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: what do you think of this? [Re: blacksun]
    #6503020 - 01/27/07 07:46 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

WOW......hpi has said alot of bull shit in this thread.

He misspells alot of shit, formulates sentences like a total nutter, and uses faulty logic and shitty facts left and right.

MAybe he just took too much lsd......lol

Also, it is absolutely hilarious to attempt to single out lsd in this way. Anyone who has much experience with hallucinogens of all sorts knows that mushrooms are very similare in alot of ways and are psychologically not more or less harmful than lsd, dmt, lsa, or ayahuasca.

Fuck this nonsense.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: what do you think of this? [Re: yageman]
    #6503030 - 01/27/07 07:51 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

ha ha, yageman I think your the one on lsd.

I posted those paragraphs from people arguing with me on another forum!!! And im asking here what you people think of this bovine scattology.

--------------------

4-Methyl-Aminorex

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6503061 - 01/27/07 08:03 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry I read the first sentence way too quickly, my mistake.

Anyways, what did you think people here were going to say?

SOrry man, I thought you were just a total moron. As it turns out, I just need to read more carefully, even when I encounter a dumbass post, not that I disagree with your intentions.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: what do you think of this? [Re: yageman]
    #6503066 - 01/27/07 08:06 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Ah it's alright.

I wanted to know what knowledgable people would actually say to this rubbish nonsense.

--------------------

4-Methyl-Aminorex

OfflineJstHereFrTheCake
Stranger
    #6503194 - 01/27/07 08:43 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I would say find sources and site them, and then challenge them to site their sources. That is the best way to be credible imo. I don't trust anybody who doesn't site sources that I can go look up myself.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom