Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinetrippindad82
Trusted Cultivator of Trich
Male

Loc: down, down the hole
Re: Have you seen JESUS CAMP? [Re: Syle]
    #6498649 - 01/26/07 09:42 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Syle said:
not the ONLY reason, but yeah, again, i love it when so called anti-religion/anti-conservatives preach fairness and open minded and in return spout out generalizations and absolutes...

not necessarily speaking to you trippindad82, just speaking in a generalization  :wink:

It's all good man. I meant one of the few reasons that dumbass had enough numbers so that what could be pulled was pulled off. I also believe that if anyone other than Al Gore (I do like the man a lot, but he just wasn't charismatic enough to win the election) and John Kerry had run against him, we might have been able to swing it the other way. I really thought the way he used his little "born again" christian life story was a little sleazy, almost like he knew how to play those people. But all the above is obviously IMO.

--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^

--------------------------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
Re: Have you seen JESUS CAMP? [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #6498672 - 01/26/07 09:57 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
I'm more of a radical than a liberal and I'm happy to generalize about evangelicals. They're wing-nuts! It's not like gays or blacks that are naturally going to be diversified in terms of personal philosophies. Evangelicals are DEFINED by their beliefs and their beliefs are hostile to my beliefs so fuck them. They're bigots. They're against free expression. They support ultra-nationalism. They're against a woman's right to choose. They're against reasonable sex education. The teach bizarre lies to kids like evolution isn't real. They're also on the verge of having unbridled political control of the most powerful country in the world. OK? These people are fucking scary.

Well said. I completely agree.

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Have you seen JESUS CAMP? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6498705 - 01/26/07 10:14 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
I really need to see this.

It is not a very good documentary.

I only found it remotely interesting because I live in the Northeast and I do not frequently encounter the backwards customs of religious zealots south of the Mason-Dixon line. "Friends of God" by Alexandra Pelosi was better. "Jesus Camp" focused more on the brainwashing effect it has on children. The fat woman who runs the "Jesus Camp" exoduses for children states in the film she was motivated by the madrassas in the Middle East.

Offlinetonyperez420
Shaman Rasta

Re: Have you seen JESUS CAMP? [Re: bukkake]
    #6498755 - 01/26/07 10:37 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

jesus was a bastard + bum

InvisibleLeastResistance
Camp Pink Onion
Male

Loc: Dairyland
Re: Have you seen JESUS CAMP? [Re: tonyperez420]
    #6498772 - 01/26/07 10:46 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

no i havent seen the movie, but ive seen jesus camp at a rainbow gaterhing and its freaky shit.

--------------------
"Weaving Spiders Come Not Here"

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: Have you seen JESUS CAMP? [Re: daytripper05]
    #6498778 - 01/26/07 10:50 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
    #6498793 - 01/26/07 10:58 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
Quote:

they're small in numbers compared to the whole population of the US

That's not true. If you live in a big city it might seem that way but if you're deep in Baptist country or the Bible belt nuts like this are in the mainstream. It's Jesus everywhere. It's hard to get a job if you're not active in 'the church' and so on. Homophobic and pro-life and pro-war stickers on every other car and billboards are all over the place.

I have lived in the southeast all of my life, its not like that anywhere I have been(GA,AL,SC,TN,NC). There is a massive baptist church 1/4 miles away and the majority of people where I live are conservative but they aren't militant and delusional like the evangelicals.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
    #6498812 - 01/26/07 11:07 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Religious people are delusional and borderline crazy. Every god damn one of you fucking freaks. The people that are "normal" are either not devout and just subscribe to a faith for social reasons or are in reality bat shit fucking crazy themselves when you put them on the spot. All it would take is a little nudge to push them over the edge to dangerous religious fanaticism.

RELIGION IS POISION.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Have you seen JESUS CAMP? [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #6498841 - 01/26/07 11:17 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomnoob said:
RELIGION IS POISION.

I would liken it to a cancer which spreads slowly across the body(sub offspring for body). But poison also works.

InvisibleVoidOfsPg
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Have you seen JESUS CAMP? [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #6498861 - 01/26/07 11:22 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MushmanTheManic said:
http://ffrf.org/

I agree with most of what they stand for except "educating the public on matters relating to nontheism." Not preaching is the best way to preach. :smile:

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
Re: Have you seen JESUS CAMP? [Re: robbyberto]
    #6498879 - 01/26/07 11:26 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

robbyberto said:
Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
Quote:

they're small in numbers compared to the whole population of the US

That's not true. If you live in a big city it might seem that way but if you're deep in Baptist country or the Bible belt nuts like this are in the mainstream. It's Jesus everywhere. It's hard to get a job if you're not active in 'the church' and so on. Homophobic and pro-life and pro-war stickers on every other car and billboards are all over the place.

I have lived in the southeast all of my life, its not like that anywhere I have been(GA,AL,SC,TN,NC). There is a massive baptist church 1/4 miles away and the majority of people where I live are conservative but they aren't militant and delusional like the evangelicals.

I think you need to get out of the southeast so you can put some perspective on it. You're telling me it's not lke that in Alabama?

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
Re: Have you seen JESUS CAMP? [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #6498885 - 01/26/07 11:27 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomnoob said:
Religious people are delusional and borderline crazy. Every god damn one of you fucking freaks. The people that are "normal" are either not devout and just subscribe to a faith for social reasons or are in reality bat shit fucking crazy themselves when you put them on the spot. All it would take is a little nudge to push them over the edge to dangerous religious fanaticism.

RELIGION IS POISION.

4sho

Well said

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
Re: Have you seen JESUS CAMP? [Re: Syle]
    #6498897 - 01/26/07 11:32 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Syle said:
Quote:

daytripper05 said:
My god....America is in need of another civil war.

The evangelical's are happy to say they train their kids like islamic extremests.

add your comments.

yeah because ALL evangelical/christians think this way...:rolleyes:

i bet you are one of those liberals who just jumps on people's shit for generalizing; yet you have no problem returning the favor...

I find what your saying hilarious. You are telling me that I am being to quick to judge and generalizing people...?

Your a complete hypocrite. I never once said anything about the whole christian faith/religion. I didn't say all christians think global warming & natural selection don't exist, the earth isn't billions of years of old, creationism and prayer SHOULD be taught in school. I simply used a term, the people in the movie call themselves, EVANGELICALS.

So yes, I generalized evangelicals, BECAUSE THEY CALL THEMSELVES THIS.... wtf? I used this term from the movie. Have you even seen the movie? This is a major political movement that makes me sick. They try to push their outlandish religious beliefs into politics and idealy they would want church and state to be one in the same. And anything you try to say to reason with them is disregarded as blasphemy... My god.

But seriously man... Don't be so quick to judge who I am and what I stand for.

Quote:

Syle said:
...i love it when so called anti-religion/anti-conservatives preach fairness and open minded and in return spout out generalizations and absolutes...

Just for the record I am not anti-religion or liberal... I am not liberal and I believe in God. God would be ashamed at what EVANGELICALS, people like and from the movie are doing.

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
    #6498938 - 01/26/07 11:41 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I honestly don't undestand the point of religion.

Why build a church when you can just worship under the tree.

Religion was formed as device for control. All through the Dark/Middle ages the church was the ultimate politician. Just looking at the track record of religion, what it stands for is enough to detour me away.

At the same time, too many people affiliate spirituality with religion. But through enlightenment and meditation, I think anyone that is willing can find the spiritual answers they are looking for. Spirituality is nothing tha can be defined in a book or by listening to a preacher.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #6499040 - 01/26/07 12:18 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I never once said anything about the whole christian faith/religion. I didn't say all christians think global warming & natural selection don't exist, the earth isn't billions of years of old, creationism and prayer SHOULD be taught in school. I simply used a term, the people in the movie call themselves, EVANGELICALS.

So yes, I generalized evangelicals, BECAUSE THEY CALL THEMSELVES THIS.... wtf? I used this term from the movie. Have you even seen the movie? This is a major political movement that makes me sick. They try to push their outlandish religious beliefs into politics and idealy they would want church and state to be one in the same. And anything you try to say to reason with them is disregarded as blasphemy... My god.

:thumbup:

Syle, if you want to defend the evangelical movement then do it, but don't split hairs. Its clear that there are religious extremists in America. (and Canada)

Everyone likes to talk shit about Islam, well Christian extremism DOES exist. And if you cant see it, you just aren't paying attention.

--------------------

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: Have you seen JESUS CAMP? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6499582 - 01/26/07 02:52 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

No shit TheFake...Come to Kentucky, and see it at its finest,lol. But is it really surprising, coming from yet another religion that professes absolute rightousness over any other beliefs, and yet another that has been killing people of other beliefs since its conception? Salem Witch Trials, Spanish Inquisition, Templar Knights...The Crusades, and so on...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order