Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
ok to screw lids loose during incubation?
    #6495575 - 01/25/07 11:27 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

a friend is doing pf-tek and has already removed tape from 5 inocc. points but he said he thought the brf mix was a bit rough and the myc isn't getting enough air. so is screwing the lids loose ok or should the inocc points suffice?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ok to screw lids loose during incubation? [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #6495604 - 01/25/07 11:39 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Exposing the 5 holes should be more than enough I myself have the habit of cracking the lids a bit anyway and that certainly wouldn't hurt anything just don't over loosen 1/4-1/2(max) turn is all thats needed.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlinebach1750
Stranger
    #6495624 - 01/25/07 11:48 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Hey, I just screwed up a bunch of jars because I let moisture build up in my chamber, therefore bacteria infested nearly my entire batch. The holes in the lid are pretty good. I haven't had any problems with not enough air. If that is a problem tell him to try wild bird seed in the pf jars and also instead of poking five or four holes in the lid poke one big one about half an inch give or take a little and stuff it very snugg with polyfill. You can cook just like pf jar, but instead of innoculating five or four different holes, you only have to do one, and also you can shake the jar after inoculation and it will colonize much faster. I hope this info can help your friend.

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ok to screw lids loose during incubation? [Re: bach1750]
    #6495995 - 01/25/07 01:52 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

my friend, named... er... johnny table, right, well johnny table says thanks. he also says that due to jars sweating inside the moisture reaches the dry verm layer and now johnny table is seeing myc grow on top of the dry verm (not so dry any more). is this a problem or ok? johnny table would like to know.

--------------------

Offlinexeallos
Sore wa himitsudesu!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Woods of a Thousand Y...
    #6496139 - 01/25/07 02:44 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I always leave my jar lids slightly loose and have not had problems with moisture content or stalls.

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #6496359 - 01/25/07 04:00 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

b0red5tiff said:
my friend, named... er... johnny table, right, well johnny table says thanks. he also says that due to jars sweating inside the moisture reaches the dry verm layer and now johnny table is seeing myc grow on top of the dry verm (not so dry any more). is this a problem or ok? johnny table would like to know.

Yes, the "dry" layer gets damp in time.  Its normal for the mycelium to reach up into it.  It won't get very far when it realizes there's  no food there. :smile:  You'll see that there's light, whispy growth throughout the layer when it comes time to birth them.

Offlinehucker696
TimeSplitter
Re: ok to screw lids loose during incubation? [Re: bach1750]
    #6496673 - 01/25/07 05:28 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bach1750 said:
Hey, I just screwed up a bunch of jars because I let moisture build up in my chamber, therefore bacteria infested nearly my entire batch. The holes in the lid are pretty good. I haven't had any problems with not enough air. If that is a problem tell him to try wild bird seed in the pf jars and also instead of poking five or four holes in the lid poke one big one about half an inch give or take a little and stuff it very snugg with polyfill. You can cook just like pf jar, but instead of innoculating five or four different holes, you only have to do one, and also you can shake the jar after inoculation and it will colonize much faster. I hope this info can help your friend.

Don't you need a PC for WBS?

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: ok to screw lids loose during incubation? [Re: hucker696]
    #6497891 - 01/25/07 11:05 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hucker696 said:
Quote:

bach1750 said:

Don't you need a PC for WBS?

Yes you do need a pc for any grain

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies