Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Feds Raid 11 Medical Marijuana Clinics [CA]
    #6471970 - 01/18/07 12:06 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

DEA Raids Eleven Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Today
January 17, 2007 - cb2.com

Federal agents raided five of the seven medical marijuana dispensaries in West Hollywood Wednesday, along with six others throughout Los Angeles County, authorities said.

West Hollywood city officials said Drug Enforcement Administration raids were carried out at dispensaries at 7828, 7825, 7901 and 8464 Santa Monica Blvd., and at a dispensary at 8921 Sunset Blvd.

Sarah Pullen of the DEA said six other dispensaries were searched, including four in the San Fernando Valley, one in Hollywood and one in Venice.

She said she could not provide specifics of the raids because the warrants were under court seal, "but obviously we are looking for marijuana and other illegal drugs, marijuana edibles and evidence of ongoing criminal activity and anything from paperwork to documents -- you name it."

Several people were detained but none were arrested, Pullen said, although she said arrests may be forthcoming.

She said although medical marijuana is legal in California, "federal law doesn't differentiate. Marijuana is illegal in any form."
"... The DEA is here to enforce federal drug laws," she said.

"Federal law does have supremacy over state law where there is a difference between federal law and state law by a ruling of the Supreme Court. Therefore, marijuana is illegal."

West Hollywood officials decried the raids.

"The city of West Hollywood has had a long-standing commitment to the compassionate use of medical marijuana for those persons who are facing catastrophic illnesses," City Manager Paul Arevalo said.

Pullen said the places that were served with search warrants were chosen through "citizen complaints and increased criminal activities surrounding the establishments, from parking violations to armed robbery to break ins to graffiti to hand-to-hand sales outside."

She said there are at least 200 marijuana distribution centers operating in Los Angeles County.

Sheriff's Deputy Ed Hernandez said the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department provided traffic control and security in the West Hollywood locations.

West Hollywood City Councilman Jeffrey Prang said he drove by one of the locations this afternoon and it had been taped off.

"The DEA was inside, going through computer files and papers," said Prang, who is employed by the Sheriff's Department in a civilian capacity.

The raids came on the heels of a vote by the West Hollywood City Council last night "toughening the restrictions affecting these establishments," said Prang.

"West Hollywood has been a leader and advocate of the compassionate use of marijuana for people with HIV and other serious illnesses who find it brings them relief," Prang said.

He said marijuana is known to lessen the nausea connected with chemotherapy treatments used to treat cancer and also helps people with HIV or AIDS who get "wasting syndrome."

The marijuana helps them maintain their appetite, he said.

"I'm not an expert, but if people are terminally sick or are suffering, why would one deny them access?" he said.

He said another medical marijuana dispensary was raided in the San Fernando Valley last week, and several in Northern California were raided over the last few weeks.

Arevalo said the city had no advance knowledge of the raids.

"It is regrettable that the federal, state and local governments cannot work together on this issue," he said.

Supporters of the medical marijuana dispensaries said they plan to stage a protest at West Hollywood City Hall tomorrow to condemn the raids.

"The DEA continues to say that they are not going after patients," said Steph Sherer, executive director of Americans for Safe Access. "But every time they raid a medical cannabis dispensary, hundreds of the most seriously ill lose their access to medicine."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Feds Raid 11 Medical Marijuana Clinics [CA] [Re: veggie]
    #6472550 - 01/18/07 06:55 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Fucking infuriating. I have no words for this

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinefunkyjunky
Sigh Low Sippin'
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: brick city
Re: Feds Raid 11 Medical Marijuana Clinics [CA] [Re: SuperD]
    #6472588 - 01/18/07 07:22 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I say California should declare its self a sovereign nation.  Other states follow...leading to a healthy, much needed revolution.

:owl: Waits for the black van :owl:

--------------------
Long Live the Shroomery
Peace

Offlinejdirty
Is this real?
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: S.W. Louisiana
Re: Feds Raid 11 Medical Marijuana Clinics [CA] [Re: funkyjunky]
    #6473289 - 01/18/07 12:45 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

succeed from the united states! great idea! every state has the right to do it, why not exercise it!

--------------------

I HATE people who take drugs.
Like cops, DEA agents and custom officials

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Feds Raid 11 Medical Marijuana Clinics [CA] [Re: jdirty]
    #6473502 - 01/18/07 01:51 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, but you're from the South, and seceding from the Union is your answer for everything. :grin:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Re: Feds Raid 11 Medical Marijuana Clinics [CA] [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6474309 - 01/18/07 06:22 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Cali already is its own country practically. :P The sierras are a great boarder against american invasion!

But, if that happens to me (i would like to attempt to get a legal grow license when I move to cali for my own personal benefit), i'd be pissed.

OfflineIgnatiusJReilly
Up From Sloth
Male

Loc: LA
    #6475416 - 01/19/07 01:18 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

surprised this isn't being talked about more on this forum. it's a huge deal here in la.

--------------------
"A Bad Day for Pants"

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Feds Raid 11 Medical Marijuana Clinics [CA] [Re: IgnatiusJReilly]
    #6475625 - 01/19/07 06:03 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I could imagine so, after being invaded by a foreign entity to enforce laws that contradict one's own. The LAPD needs to shoot those fuckers in the chest. :smirk:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinej3ckyl
☣☤Penteract☤☣
Male

Loc: Earth
Re: Feds Raid 11 Medical Marijuana Clinics [CA] [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6480322 - 01/20/07 04:47 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

It's not my country but it pisses me off, I mean what the fuck? Honestly? That's like saying it's ok to do something, so then when you do it they bust you're ass with some bullshit excuses simply being used as a poor disguise to try and justify their actions. It's complete bullshit. Isn't that like entrapment? Offering with one hand and slapping the cuffs on with the other...

EDIT: "She said she could not provide specifics of the raids because the warrants were under court seal, "but obviously we are looking for marijuana and other illegal drugs, marijuana edibles and evidence of ongoing criminal activity and anything from paperwork to documents -- you name it." Gee, I'd never have guessed you'd find marijuana in a medical marijuana clinic. Learn something new every day...

--------------------

"There are only two states of being: Too much and not enough"

Isnt the war on drugs supposed to reduce harm? So far all i see are casualties.

Edited by j3ckyl (01/20/07 04:49 PM)

InvisibleveggieM

#6484705 - 01/22/07 05:36 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

SAC PROTEST AGAINST POT RAIDS TUE NOON FED BLDG
January 21, 2007 - indybay.org

Advocates for medicinal cannabis will protest the recent Californa DEA medical marijuana raids at the Sacramento Federal Building at noon on tuesday, January 23rd, 5th & I.

Medical Marijuana of America is sponsoring a pro-medicinal cannabis rally at noon on Tuesday, January 23rd, at the Sacramento Federal Building, 501 I street, in Downtown Sacramento.

The demonstration is in response to 11 raids that DEA conducted on medicinal cannabis collectives in the L.A. area on Wednesday, January 17th. According to reports, 27 people were taken into custody, but no charges have been filed. Thousands of pounds of medicinal cannabis got seized, as well as cash and patient records.

In separate actions, DEA raided the Washington State homes of Steve Sarich and John Worthington, both high-profile area advocates. Sarich speculates that he was targeted for his patient records, as his state does not keep records of medicinal cannabis patients.

3 homes of alleged cannabis growers were also raided in the San Francisco Bay Area on Wednesday.

Please join Medical Marijuana of America in saying NO to DEA raids on patient groups on Tuesday, January 23rd, 2007, at the Sacramento Federal Building from noon until 1:00.

http://www.medicalmarijuanaofamerica.com

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #6486693 - 01/22/07 05:20 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

She said she could not provide specifics of the raids because the warrants were under court seal, "but obviously we are looking for marijuana and other illegal drugs, marijuana edibles and evidence of ongoing criminal activity and anything from paperwork to documents -- you name it."

Several people were detained but none were arrested, Pullen said, although she said arrests may be forthcoming.

i think the DEA and the government are exploiting the drug laws to raid the citizens houses and business, and effectively stripping the citizens of their constitutional rights, which are guaranteed. Even the fucking president swears on oath in front of cameras that we will uphold and protect these rights that belong to every single citizen in America. Obviously, there is a lot of willful ignorance and disregard for the Constitution, and a lot of fucking lying and corruption in the government when this shit happens...

oh well, just another story on the news... this will just keep on happening and happening.. you know why? because the government, with the help of mass media.. is making the People think that we are here to work and live for the government, and that the constitution is their responsibility to uphold and enforce.. wrong! The constitution is there to protect us from corrupt government! as long as people do not understand this, we will be losing more and more of our rights and when our turn comes up and we hear the police or army knocking on our doors it will be too late...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals