Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Loc: Washington
I almost DIED on Morning Glory
    #6486224 - 01/22/07 03:11 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I am actually very serious. Here is the story:

-------
I decided I wanted to try morning glory seeds again. But since I'd never had a great trip on them, I thought I'd try taking more. So I bought about 11.8 grams (maybe 400 seeds). I washed them off, dried them, and crushed them with a hammer, then spooned them into my mouth, washed down with orange juice. This was at 7:15 PM. I drank ginger tea to help with the nausea, and to keep me from throwing up. It actually worked, but I now almost wish I HAD thrown it up early on.

Things went decently for the first 3 1/2 hours. I was extremely jittery and anxious, but still enjoying myself. I figured that I had peaked, but I was wrong. About 4 hours in, things were getting very intense. My heart was beating very fast, and I was having a hard time breathing. I knew I had to throw up, and I figured that that was all I needed to do. So I threw up. But things were not getting better; they were getting worse. I was having a harder time breathing, so I called my mom, and asked her to come right over.

Meanwhile I threw up 3 more times. When she got there I was shaking and sweaty and hyperventilating. I tried to breathe slowly and deeply, but that only made me throw up again. I laid down on my bed, and then my heart started going at least 200 bpm and I could not seem to breathe. My eyes started to close, and I couldn't seem to stop them. I asked my mom to call 911. She dialed it on her cell phone and hit talk, but I then told her to cancel it, because I felt like I had to throw up again, and I hoped that that would ease my panic. I threw up another 3-4 times. As I was bent over the toilet, watching the terrible colors swirl, I kept hearing this song kids sang in church when I was a kid called "King Jesus is All"... the lyrics looping over and over "King Jesus is All, My All and All"... and at that point I realized that He is literally All that I need. I don't need these chemicals in my brain to feel or be spiritual. I'm a Christian, but after becoming interested in psychedelics, my morals had shifted to meet my desires.

My pulse began to calm, and I was breathing a little more regularly, so I laid on the couch. I began shivering and convulsing a little bit, but that began to die down.

I went to my mom's house to sleep, and I took 2 Tylenol PM, which was a really bad idea. About 3 AM I had to throw up more, for probably a total of 18-20 times that night.

The Tylenol PM started making me extremely drowsy, but the MG seeds would not let me fall asleep yet. Every time I closed my eyes and nodded, I'd hear this WHONGGGG sound in my head that freaked me out. I still was not breathing normally.

Then.. I peaked on the morning glory seeds, at like 3:30 AM, about 9 hours after ingestion. Up until then the psychedelic effects had been minimal. I'd been seeing my dilated eyes opened in horror all over the walls and on every object, and a few colors, but then it became insane. The bedroom distorted unbelievably; the door would bend and fold into the wall, and objects broke apart or fell together. Colorless strands were waving on the walls and shaping into moving objects. I saw a chinese dragon head tilting up and down, and then it morphed into my own beating heart, surrounded by my organs. Everywhere I looked I saw my heart beating. It reminded me that I was glad to be alive. But these visuals were not enjoyable. There was something very VERY frightening about the state that I was in. When I closed my eyes I'd be gripped by this terrible feeling of hopelessness and fear.

Eventually I fell asleep. The next day I was still not normal. I was having a hard time breathing, and it was hard to eat. I still had a terrible fear, and I could not be alone without panicking. I'm actually still not quite normal, 2 days later. But I'm embracing normality as it begins to slowly enfold me again.
--------

This experience has taught me a lot. It has taken a lot of tragic incidents to finally get me to realize my mistakes. I have been rushed in an ambulance to the hospital from DXM, I have been arrested for growing mushrooms, I've been to jail 3 times, I've come very close to dying from a panic attack on 7 grams of cyan mushrooms, and now I have been as close to death as I have ever been, from freaking MG seeds.

I have decided to give it all up. No more chemicals. I cannot be responsible with them, and it is my personal conviction that as a Christian, God does not want me to be doing these things. I always knew this in my heart, but I bent my beliefs to accomodate what I wanted to do with my life. I've wasted too much time rebelling against society, blaming others, playing the victim, and eating chemicals. I will build my spirituality between me and God. I don't need a middle-man. The Bible has never given me a hangover, put me in jail, or broken my familys' hearts.

So I offer this experience as a caution to those who wish to experiment with high doses of psychedelic drug, including MG seeds. I'm not pushing my own religious or spiritual beliefs on anyone, but I think everyone should be careful with their minds and bodies. I used to think that psychedelics were a shortcut to fulfillment or enlightenment, but now I've realized that there can be a hefty price to pay with misuse, and possibly even with what can be considered responsible use.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Montreal, Canada Flag
Re: I almost DIED on Morning Glory [Re: matchbook]
    #6486270 - 01/22/07 03:32 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds shitty dude. My dxm trip was somewhat like that bc I took 11 coricidin pills and I was talking to a member of this site on aim and he told me the dangers of the other chemical in it and right after he typed it and I read the word you can die I started to peak and I was flying and things were getting extremelyyyy intense so I had to leave my pc and I literally just pulled the plug out of the wall bc I couldnt be able to shut it off. The other chemical in those pills made it EXTREMELY difficut to breath and I caught myself not breathing for times upwards of 2 minutes and sometimes more and my heart was racing and I was dying of heat but yet freezing at the same time and it was shitty but yet bc ive done physcedelics and alot of other drugs b4 I managed to stay positive and my trip was amazing and things were morphing into one another and all and if it wasnt for the bad effects it would have been better but I learned now.

Some people just aren't meant to take physcedelics. I know that Im perfectly fine with them and never had a problem from high doses and I guess my body got used to it and my mind is just able to adjust to it alone. Im sure one day though something like that might happen and when it does well I probably still wont stop until I know Im incapable of controlling them no more.

--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!

There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.

4-Methyl-Aminorex

Offlinestickyicky13
Stranger
    #6486299 - 01/22/07 03:43 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

hmmmm , not really sure that God doesn't want you to be using drugs, I mean who put those plants there in the first place and many tribes have been using them for spiritual reasons for thousands of years.

I don't believe in God anyway.

Offlinelearysprotoge
Stranger
Re: I almost DIED on Morning Glory [Re: hpi]
    #6486304 - 01/22/07 03:44 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

So do you still think you alomst died?

Offlinestickyicky13
Stranger
    #6486310 - 01/22/07 03:46 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Also, I don't think you can die from Morning Glories, so stop being a whining puss.

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Montreal, Canada Flag
Re: I almost DIED on Morning Glory [Re: stickyicky13]
    #6486322 - 01/22/07 03:50 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

stickyicky13 said:
Also, I don't think you can die from Morning Glories, so stop being a whining puss.

Stop being an ignorant asshole. If youve ever been involved in a terryfying trip and had his symptoms and such you wouldn't be saying what you said believe me.

And yes you can most likely die from mg in high doses AND not every body is the same what so ever.

--------------------

There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.

4-Methyl-Aminorex

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Re: I almost DIED on Morning Glory [Re: hpi]
    #6486385 - 01/22/07 04:05 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Edit: (this isn't a reply to you specifically hpi, even though it says it there)

Listen, I am not telling other people they need to believe in God or believe what I believe. I feel I have the right, though, to share the entirety of my experience. Please do not treat me with belligerance because of those beliefs.

In retrospect, I do believe I came very close to dying. If it were not for the deep breathing, getting breaths of cold air outside, and forcing myself to purge everything out, it's possible I could have. I know that LSA is not lethal out of a toxic nature. But the seeds were probably treated with chemicals, and even though I washed them, I doubt they all came off. Also, without doing an extraction, I believe you can be exposed to ergot and/or trace amounts of cyanide? I don't know if that is true or not, but I've heard it said, so I won't claim it as truth.

Whatever factors were involved, they caused a seemingly irreversible panic, which could cause a heart attack or respiratory failure. I've heard of it happening occasionally to even young people, such as myself. I felt myself fading out, and the "life flashing before my eyes" kind of thing. If I'd let my eyes shut and given in, I don't know what would have happened. But I forced myself up and threw up.

--------------------

Edited by matchbook (01/22/07 04:08 PM)

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #6486417 - 01/22/07 04:11 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I've come very close to dying from a panic attack on 7 grams of cyan mushrooms

Eh? I think you're misunderstanding the psychedelic experience. The feeling of death does not mean you're literally dying.

Also, I don't see how getting caught growing mushrooms is a "mistake". The only mistake here is that people actually get arrested for growing plants and fungus.

InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: secret tweeker pad Flag
Re: I almost DIED on Morning Glory [Re: Sheepish]
    #6486465 - 01/22/07 04:23 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

sounds like a horrible experince, i hope you go back to feeling totally normal. did you buy the seeds from a wholesaler? because if you didnt than they probably did have chemicals on them.

--------------------

OfflineAmericaOnLSD
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: I almost DIED on Morning Glory [Re: Phish_Dude]
    #6486510 - 01/22/07 04:37 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I believe strongly in God and I do not believe he would be against people using drugs. Its all what you do with drugs. If someone becomes an addict and a burden to society, I'm sure God would want better for that person. If someone uses drugs to gain insight, or even just as entertainment occasionally, I don't think God would have anything against that.

However, that doesn't mean that drugs are appropriate for everyone, and if your experiences have been negative overall then I think the idea of not using them anymore, at least for now, seems like a good one to me.

I'm sorry about your experience with morning glories. I once had a panic experience on only 135 seeds. This was back in 2000. I have used morning glory seeds several times since then.

AOLSD

--------------------
See AmericaOnLSD!

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Re: I almost DIED on Morning Glory [Re: Sheepish]
    #6486667 - 01/22/07 05:13 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Sheepish said:
Quote:

I've come very close to dying from a panic attack on 7 grams of cyan mushrooms

Eh? I think you're misunderstanding the psychedelic experience. The feeling of death does not mean you're literally dying.

Also, I don't see how getting caught growing mushrooms is a "mistake". The only mistake here is that people actually get arrested for growing plants and fungus.

I know the psychedelic experience. The cyans were different. If you felt what I felt, gasping on the bathroom floor, unable to remember how to breathe, while throwing up, you might understand it differently. I can handle the ego death, as I have experienced it on a few occasions. But when my body begins malfunctioning, and my basic functions cease to work, then it's a different kind of approach to death.

I think growing mushrooms was a mistake, although it took me awhile to see it that way. In my religion, in the Word it says to obey authorities and our government. Since I began rebelling against authorities, my life has become a nightmare, with jail and worried family. To fight for the right to trip on mushrooms is not worth it to me anymore. It's just not that important in the long run.

--------------------

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

#6486677 - 01/22/07 05:16 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Also, I have a question. My breathing is still kind of shallow. After I eat food, it gets shallower for some reason. Is this a problem, or will it eventually become normal?

--------------------

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #6486724 - 01/22/07 05:29 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

From what I've read, stores put a chemical that makes them "unpleasant" to eat (i.e., emetic).  This is the chemical that causes so much vomitting.

You have anxiety and panic issues, that is all.  You were not dying.  Your body was going through it's flight or fight response...extreme panic.  In such situations, extreme breathing problems occur, heart beating irregularly or really fast.  This becomes amplified from TO MUCH oxygen when having problems breathign and hyperventilating.

"hyperventilating (or overbreathing), causes, or makes many panic attacks worse. It can be counted amongst panic attack symptoms, or amongst causes, as one 'feeds' off the other.

About 60% of attacks are accompanied by hyperventilation and many panickers overbreathe even whilst relaxed.

The most important thing to understand about hyperventilation is that although it can feel as if you don't have enough oxygen, the opposite is true. It is a symptom of too much oxygen.

With hyperventilation, your body has too much oxygen. To use this oxygen (to extract it from your blood), your body needs a certain amount of Carbon Dioxide (CO2).

When you hyperventilate, you do not give your body long enough to retain CO2, and so your body cannot use the oxygen you have. This causes you to feel as if you are short of air, when actually you have too much. This is why the following techniques work to get rid of hyperventilation."

I suffered many times from panic attack symptoms such as these.  It took me forever to realize that me trying to get the oxygen, deep breaths and all that, was actually making it worse.

Hence, you taking in deep breaths and cold air from outside actually in fact prolonged your horrible symptoms, not helped you.  You were not actually dying, but your ego was.  It is a scary thing to actually feel like you are dying, but you just have to accept it and then everything flows and your body doesn't go into panic.  That is what happened.  400 seeds is considered a very heavy dose.  With a dose like that, you have to be prepared for a level 5+ trip.

You have to realize that with doses like that, and 7g of mushrooms as well, you are trying to invoke that ego death scenario.  It isn't ever necessarily enjoyable, not until afterwards at least.  It's a fact though, some people just aren't meant for doses such as these, because there body goes into an extreme flight or fight response.  I know because I am one of them.

You weren't close to dying and worst case scenario, talking from personal experience, is your brain would have enough, causing you to pass out, so your body could calm down and start breathing somewhat normal again.

Quote:

It has taken a lot of tragic incidents to finally get me to realize my mistakes. I have been rushed in an ambulance to the hospital from DXM, I have been arrested for growing mushrooms

What sheepish said.  Growing mushrooms isn't a mistake and you aren't a bad person for growing mushrooms.  It's so sad to see what effect society has on people.  Making them feel bad or wrong...just further conditioning people.  GRR.  It's not fair.

Quote:

So I offer this experience as a caution to those who wish to experiment with high doses of psychedelic drug

That is the biggest lesson in all of this and I couldn't of said it better myself.

Let your mind heal and do what you have to do to be well(be that god, or whatever).  :heart:

For you or anyone who has experienced such things:

"Anybody who hyperventilates will find that symptoms of over-excitedness or panic will occur. So how can learn to breathe more evenly and naturally?

Hold your breath. Holding your breath for as long as you comfortably can will prevent the dissipation of carbon dioxide. If you hold your breath for a period of between 10 and 15 seconds and repeat this a few times that will be sufficient to calm hyperventilation quickly.
Breathe in and out of a paper bag. This will cause you to re-inhale the carbon dioxide that you exhaled. Naturally there are many times when this would be inappropriate and may appear a little strange. It really helps though.
Thirdly you can take vigorous exercise while breathing in and out through your nose. A brisk walk or jog whilst breathing through the nose will counter hyperventilation. Regular exercise will decrease general stress levels decreasing the chance of panic attacks.
If you find that your breathing pattern is irregular or uncomfortable a lot of the time, the best way to 'reset' it is by exercising. Start off gradually and check with your doctor if you are not used to exercise."

"Finally you can practice a special type of breathing, not into your chest but deep into your tummy or diaphragm which is below your chest. The important thing here is that the out breath must be longer that the in breath. This causes stimulation of the part of your nervous system responsible for relaxation. This is a basic law of biology and if you breathe in this way then your body will have no choice but to relax.

It may take a few minutes but the body will respond regardless of what your mind is thinking. Experience this now. Sit down and close your eyes for a little while. Just become aware of your breathing.and breathe in to the count of seven. and breathe out to the count of eleven. You can hold for a couple of seconds at the bottom of the out breath if that's comfortable for you.

It may be a little difficult at first, but doing this regularly causes your general anxiety level to come down. You may also find that you begin to breathe this way automatically if you feel anxious. Regular relaxation actually starts to inhibit the production of stress hormones in the body so it actually becomes harder and harder to panic. As you become more generally relaxed the 'baseline' of arousal from which you are starting lowers. It actually becomes harder to get stressed!

Hyperventilation responds very well to this technique. If you practice this daily, hyperventilating should cease to be a problem very quickly. It can also give you much more control over panic attacks.

You are hopefully coming to understand that panic attack symptoms are natural physiological reactions."

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
    #6486740 - 01/22/07 05:34 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

matchbook said:
Also, I have a question.  My breathing is still kind of shallow.  After I eat food, it gets shallower for some reason.  Is this a problem, or will it eventually become normal?

In my opinion, you are experiencing post traumatic stress disorder.

After my "disaster", exactly of your magnitude or worse, I felt that something was genuinely wrong with me, that I had almost died, so on and so forth.  My breathing would act up, and I'd think it was because of something I ate, drank, or did.

You were scared shitless from your experience.  Problems with breathing and heart beating.  You associated this with an actual possibility of dying from the seeds, therefor I'm almost sure no matter what I say, you are going to be convinced it was such.

Trust me man, the sooner you realize it's "in your head" from the very beginning of all this, the trip itself, the sooner you will realize you were in control all the time and you can end the anxiety you are feeling now(that's what your are essentially experiencing right now).

It will take some time to let your mind heal.  Wish you the best :heart:

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
    #6486750 - 01/22/07 05:38 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I can handle the ego death, as I have experienced it on a few occasions. But when my body begins malfunctioning, and my basic functions cease to work, then it's a different kind of approach to death.

Sometimes the mind can accept it much easily than other times. The general rule of psychedelics is to not use them with stress and psychological upheval in your everyday life. The mind changes from day to day, month to month, year to year. One day your body may accept the death easily, not causing your flight or fight respons to go off and the other days(especially on high doses), it's gonna scare your nervous system shitless.

It's all part of it.

Offlinezootroid
Stranger
Re: I almost DIED on Morning Glory [Re: Spooge]
    #6486818 - 01/22/07 06:02 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

If you asks me, I'd say that most of what you experienced is what I had experienced on mushrooms during ego death. Your heart racing 100000 miles an hour. Having to actually remind yourself to breathe and all that stuff.

I get this while very high from weed. I think you just had a trip you couldn't handle. Doesn't mean you've come close to dying... that's just the experience you get.

But anyways, sorry about your bad experience. =/

Invisibletakk
Stranger
Male
    #6486863 - 01/22/07 06:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Unless you have experienced spiritual enlightenment throughout your experiences throwing the fuck up, my best guess is that you'll fit right back into your 'default' christianity. However, if you have learnt something, you might find that you've stretched further than your church's teachings can hold you. What exactly were you searching for in psychedellics anyway?

Quote:

zootroid said:
Having to actually remind yourself to breathe and all that stuff.

I get this while very high from weed.

Same

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: I almost DIED on Morning Glory [Re: zootroid]
    #6486878 - 01/22/07 06:25 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Its not the chemical that makes you puke. I buy untreated organic one, and they will still make you blow chunks.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Re: I almost DIED on Morning Glory [Re: blewmeanie]
    #6486883 - 01/22/07 06:28 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

True. I've just heard from a lot of close friends that they puke way more off the ones that are treated.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #6486896 - 01/22/07 06:35 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I think growing mushrooms was a mistake, although it took me awhile to see it that way. In my religion, in the Word it says to obey authorities and our government. Since I began rebelling against authorities, my life has become a nightmare, with jail and worried family. To fight for the right to trip on mushrooms is not worth it to me anymore. It's just not that important in the long run.

Obeying unjust laws, just because the authorities and the government say so, is weak. By taking drugs, I'm not "rebelling" against authorities, I'm just exercising my human right to alter my own mind and ingest what I wish, so as long as it doesn't harm someone else. Your life became a nightmare because Uncle Sam says "No, you cannot do these things - we will punish you with jail time", and of course being in jail will worry your family. If ingesting mushrooms were a commonly accepted practice for people who wished to, there would be none of these nightmares.

Believe in whatever you want, of course. Quit doing drugs, of course. These are your choices. But don't just do what the government/police tells you to do, just because it says so in a book.

Also, doing drugs just to rebell is probably one of the silliest reasons to ingest drugs.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale