Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetrippindad82
Trusted Cultivator of Trich
Male

Loc: down, down the hole
Waiting...humidity now an issue?
    #6484862 - 01/22/07 07:38 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Two and a half weeks and counting...:confused: Everything is looking fuzzy and good, but I'm still waiting....and waiting. My fc (pf style cakes with perlite/aquarium bubbler/misting) is being kept between 65-68...Am I just being impatient and paranoid?

--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^

--------------------------------------

Edited by trippindad82 (01/23/07 07:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetrippindad82
Male

Re: Waiting [Re: trippindad82]
    #6484909 - 01/22/07 08:08 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Is waiting this long normal? Or do I need to find a way to raise the temp?

--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^

OfflineLesChanga
Cosmically F'd
Male User Gallery

Loc: SlimeCounty
    #6484912 - 01/22/07 08:08 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

2 and a half weeks in at 65-68 you'll prolly see a fruit form within the next 2 weeks maybe 3..
step up the temp and watch those suckers blow...seriously..

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

Re: Waiting [Re: LesChanga]
    #6484919 - 01/22/07 08:10 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

It could really take that long??? Even if they have already been in the FC for two weeks, it could take ANOTHER two weeks?

--------------------

OfflinePsyliChick
Sponge
 User Gallery

Loc: In the Middle
    #6484962 - 01/22/07 08:27 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yep, I agree with LesChanga. Even though I am a newbie myself... I keep the FC at 72-76 degrees... I would be nowhere if I didn't follow the advice of my fellow Shroomerites!
Good luck and happy grows!

Peace and Love.

--------------------
All posts are a works of fiction meant to entertain the masses. In no way do they imply that I break any laws, ordinances, or statutes.

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

Re: Waiting [Re: PsyliChick]
    #6485009 - 01/22/07 08:44 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

This sucks....I better look into a way to get the temp up. My only concern is that my fc is BIG...I dunno if a tit is the best bet for me...

--------------------

OfflineApJunkie
part-time Ninja
Male

Loc: Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:
    #6485017 - 01/22/07 08:48 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Just turn up the temp in the room. Shrooms grow at the same temperature humans do :smile:

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

Re: Waiting [Re: ApJunkie]
    #6485049 - 01/22/07 09:00 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ApJunkie said:
Just turn up the temp in the room. Shrooms grow at the same temperature humans do :smile:

It's in my basement. I thought about putting it in my bedroom (2nd floor), but the issue is the temp fluctuates way too much (esp when the oven is on). Is there anyway I could add some heat (without a heatbomb, don't trust that thing at all) directly to the fc? I don't really want to use a tit, being that it'll definitely bring more attn to the setup.

--------------------

OfflineLesChanga
Cosmically F'd
Male User Gallery

Loc: SlimeCounty
    #6485152 - 01/22/07 09:37 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

seed bed heating pads, heating cords, things like that, but they seem more hassle and cost than
necessary. you could just be really patient...sucks i know...lol.if you keep up humidity they'll still
fruit, someone not so long ago suggested that fruits grown slower may be slightly more potent than
quicker success'...but im not sure if thats really been proven....heat lamp would work but also bring
more attention huh?..

OfflinePsyliChick
Sponge
 User Gallery

Re: Waiting [Re: LesChanga]
    #6485216 - 01/22/07 10:05 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I had a similar issue with my FC... I started out with a waterbed heater underneath it.... if you look at my posts, you will be able to understand why these are maybe not so good. I almost burnt my house down. Thanks to a dog with a great nose for burning wood... I lived and so did my shroomies.

If you are impatient like me, you could get an oil-filled radiator type heater... I just picked one up at Home Depot on clearance for $14.99... I would set it in front of your FC and turn it on low. Mine is also in my basement, which is about 65degrees, and this low setting keeps my greenhouse at a decent 76-78degrees.

Best part is... no danger. Nothing melting, lol.

Best wishes for your grow!

Peace and Love.

--------------------
All posts are a works of fiction meant to entertain the masses. In no way do they imply that I break any laws, ordinances, or statutes.

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

#6485249 - 01/22/07 10:14 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PsyliChick said:
If you are impatient like me, you could get an oil-filled radiator type heater... I just picked one up at Home Depot on clearance for $14.99... I would set it in front of your FC and turn it on low. Mine is also in my basement, which is about 65degrees, and this low setting keeps my greenhouse at a decent 76-78degrees

Is it completely electric? I might try this and hope that it works...Also, is it cost effective (my utils are already high enough)?

--------------------

Offlinexeallos
Sore wa himitsudesu!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Woods of a Thousand Y...
    #6485371 - 01/22/07 10:45 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

My cakes and trays have all fruited at 55-65F in a basement with no problems whatsoever in size or potency... I dunk/roll and after a week they are "fuzzied" again and pinning... did you roll them in something like coir, which the myc might be using energy to colonize instead of producing an immediate pinset? Otherwise just keep humidity maxed out and give some FAE breaks... you should be solid!

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #6485428 - 01/22/07 11:02 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Pelonis ceramic disc heater.
With temp & watt controls, plus a thermostat.

--------------------

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

Re: Waiting [Re: xeallos]
    #6485432 - 01/22/07 11:05 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

xeallos said:
My cakes and trays have all fruited at 55-65F in a basement with no problems whatsoever in size or potency... I dunk/roll and after a week they are "fuzzied" again and pinning... did you roll them in something like coir, which the myc might be using energy to colonize instead of producing an immediate pinset? Otherwise just keep humidity maxed out and give some FAE breaks... you should be solid!

I dunked and rolled in straight verm. Does it take you longer to fruit at those temps?

--------------------

OfflinePsyliChick
Sponge
 User Gallery

#6486720 - 01/22/07 05:29 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I got a Pelonis radiator style heater at Home Depot.. It's all electric... just plug it in and set the dial to low! Good Luck!

--------------------

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

#6487337 - 01/22/07 09:00 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

So I got a nice little space heater. It's ceramic with a fan and thermostat. I have set it about 4 ft away from the fc. I set it on the lowest setting, but then had to turn it up since it only heated to fc to 70deg and then shut off. Am I alright just letting this thing run 24/7 as long as I don't let anything flammable near it? I will have to adjust the thermostat in order to get the fc temp up, but I want to make sure that I am doing every as safely and efficiently as possible. I'm excited about all of this:cool:

Thanks PsyliChick for the help.

--------------------

Offlineetam
it's a hobby...
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: East Coast
    #6487347 - 01/22/07 09:02 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

It should be all good.  Especially if you have a thermostat.  Just keep an eye on the temperature to make sure everything is working right.

Read the instructions that came with the heater :tongue:.

Honestly, I don't see a problem with running it 24/7 as long as you're not stupid about it.  As you said, just don't put anything flammable near it.

InvisibleTechno_Raver
Re: Waiting [Re: etam]
    #6487392 - 01/22/07 09:17 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

What's your humidity?

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

Re: Waiting [Re: etam]
    #6487444 - 01/22/07 09:35 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks. I can't wait to see the results of the space heater. It's been a long haul with many lessons learned. I am so happy to have finally gotten everything right.  :stoned:

--------------------

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

#6488745 - 01/23/07 07:02 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

So...I ran my space heater all night and woke up to a 76deg chamber:mushroom2:. The only thing I am worried about is humidity now. Almost all of the condensation was gone this morning when I went down to check on everything. Am I just being paranoid and condensation doesn't prove anything, or do I now need to work even harder to keep the humidity up?

My fc has been placed on milk crates (so it sits about a foot off the floor) and I have positioned the fan about 5 feet away with it blowing through the milk crates and "hopefully" heating from the bottom up. The side that lost all the condensation was the side(s) closest to the space heater. Should I change this layout or should everything be ok just the way it is? (I still have yet to purchase a hygrometer, but have plans to do so shortly.)

--------------------

InvisibleSillicybin
Loc: Flag
    #6488759 - 01/23/07 07:17 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Given the same amount of water in a given mass of air, heating air decreases RH. This means that the air can and will take moisture away from the mycelium if the RH gets low enough.

It could be just that the side of the container is warm enough for the air not to leave condensation. A hygrometer will help to determine that for sure....

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

Re: Waiting [Re: Sillicybin]
    #6488772 - 01/23/07 07:30 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks man, I'm going to spray as much as I can until I can pick one of those up later. I'm just paranoid being that I'm a first time grower. Thanks for not getting upset about answering the same question that has been answered probably twice a week. You are all such good sports.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag