Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAmsu Jackal
Urcan Refugee
 User Gallery

Re: My wife had a horribly bad trip... please help! [Re: Nalim]
    #10115679 - 04/06/09 10:01 AM (15 years, 13 days ago)

Alright, i'll throw in my 2 cents.

You said your wife had never even been drunk before, therefore she has absolutely ZERO tolerance to any mind altering chemical (with the exception of caffiene, etc). what she was going through was pretty tough for her. she has never experienced an altered state of consciousness, and proceeded to flip the fuck out. its normal. Her entire brain chemistry was changed, the way her thought process she was used to ceased to exist. it can be extremely scary for a first timer, and for someone who has never experienced this, it can be a totally alien mindstate that seems very unwanted. and after the first time she will know what to expect. She seems to have a lot of buried anger in her psyche, and the nature of mushrooms to dissolve mental barriers brought out her inner self. i say she needs to do it again and confront her inner demons. pent up rage and anger can destroy the self if left unchecked, and psychedelics are a relatively safe way of going about changing that.  Talk to her about what i said, or have her read it herself. 

Better yet, try to set up a therapy session with the use of mushrooms. Dose up, (both of you. experience it with her so she can relate to someone who is going through it with her). have her lay on the couch, and talk about past things that have caused a lot of trauma in her life. also, throw in some tidbits of good memories. dont make them all bad memories she remembers. I have done this with my mate, and it has done nothing but good for the both of us.  She has a beautiful healing experience in her future. Dont let one bad trip jeopardize that.

Good vibes to your wife. :mushroom2:

--------------------
Perfect calm is the sensation of pure awareness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline5HTSynaptrip
Dopamine Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Re: My wife had a horribly bad trip... please help! [Re: Nalim]
    #10115878 - 04/06/09 10:36 AM (15 years, 13 days ago)

Anytime I see people having a bad trip, they ask the same questions about duration and what not... they seem to be unable to let go and just enjoy it and truly know it's just a drug and they'll be fine.

She was in no way ready to trip I'd say.  Having never even drank and then to take a very powerful psychedelic?  I would say that most people I know who have never done shit like this couldn't have imagined what it would have been like even the slightest until they're actually tripping(myself included).  Fuck, sounds like she may as well have been dosed with the amount of panic she had.  As others said too, if she was already emotional or in a bad spot that didn't help.  You were inside too... My trips inside always suck compared to outdoors.

--------------------

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge. - My hero, who will be forever remembered, Carl Sagan.

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

Re: My wife had a horribly bad trip... please help! [Re: VirgilKane]
    #10115998 - 04/06/09 11:00 AM (15 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

VirgilKane said:
Conditioning and control....

It is difficult to form an impression of a mushroom trip from only hearsay.  an extensive amount of reading  (about both good and bad experiences) should be done to get anywhere close (if that's possible) to getting an impression of a trip.

Sounds like the mushrooms turned her conditioned thinking upside down and she neither expected this nor was she anywhere near prepared for it.  In turn she tried to fight it and in doing this it just made the fact that something evil (to her conditioned thinking) was inside her body trying to wrestle control from her ego.  Fighting it made it exponentially worse.

It is scary to think about going to sleep after a bad trip, especially when the experience is fresh because when you go to sleep you are basically turning over control again and trusting whatever or whomever you believe in to carry you through the night.  this is the thought that probably haunts her.

IMO it's a control issue and I speak of this from experience.

It's hard to wrap your head around the fact that someone basically needs to objectively accept that they have thoughts inside of them that they keep at bay in their day to day thoughts and so never really experience them.  We all have them and they are just what they are....thoughts They don't dictate who we are, they are just there.  Mushrooms can bring these to the surface for us to view and if you're not prepared to just acknowledge them and let them keep on flowing out of your head space, you will fight them and deny them and that only makes them linger. (with a vengeance)  Hence the term "Let go"!

These thoughts aren't who you are, they are just a part of you...

I hope that after everything quiets down and the initial shock of the experience fades, she will be better able to accept everything with a more open mind.  It may add some flexibility to her conditioned thoughts and be the seed that grows into a psychedelic warrior. (slowly, of course!)

Just let her know that she's not alone in her experience and that the very thing that she experienced is the very reason some take mushrooms...to delve into that space and learn to let it go.:heart:

I agree here. My first time right before I started peaking I was thinking "good trip, bad trip, good trip, bad trip, etc." then I thought "why control it?", let go and had an awesome ride.

OfflineWornTraveler
Captain Cannabis
Male

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: My wife had a horribly bad trip... please help! [Re: MustNotBe]
    #10116021 - 04/06/09 11:03 AM (15 years, 13 days ago)

Dude. 8 grams her first time? From my experience on mushrooms I've had level 5 trips on as little as two grams. That sounds to me like it was just way too much for her first time.

--------------------
Captain Cannabis, Guardian of Ganja, Sultan of Shrooms, Giver of Green, Tabbed Tripper, and all around Good Guy.

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: My wife had a horribly bad trip... please help! [Re: pokermush]
    #10116077 - 04/06/09 11:10 AM (15 years, 13 days ago)

Once again, I feel its a very scary first time intoxication. I would have been petrified if I had tripped before getting drunk/high. You can't take someone who has been in sobriety for 20,30 years and expect them to journey over to the other side safely.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My wife had a horribly bad trip... please help! [Re: WornTraveler]
    #10116080 - 04/06/09 11:10 AM (15 years, 13 days ago)

OP's wife sounds like she was a basket case before tripping and mushies only brought out her underlying psychosis.

--------------------

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#10121334 - 04/07/09 04:21 AM (15 years, 12 days ago)

Hi,

I've been with tripping guys and girls, and the girls who are aware of what they are fighting all say the same thing.

"I didn't want to loose my ego".

I dunno, maybe they thought they'd never get it again. Guys don't seem so perturbed by it.

--------------------

Offlinedollylama
Stranger

Re: My wife had a horribly bad trip... please help! [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #10121353 - 04/07/09 04:33 AM (15 years, 12 days ago)

Any news on the wife?  I realize this threads been going on a while.  It would be interesting to see what the longterm report is?

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#10121390 - 04/07/09 04:50 AM (15 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

pokermush said:
Synopsis: My wife ate a very small amount, and had a horribly bad trip, my obervation is that it seemed like a level 5.

I'm hoping someone here can help. My wife and I are in our 30s, married 15+ years. She is religious (I'm not) and this is the first time she has tried ANYTHING, she's never even been drunk. We have 4 kids and a good marriage, which has gotten much better since I've been eating shrooms.

I told her about them and how they have benefitted me, and the positive impact on my outlook on life and toward my family. She told me to give her some. I had talked enough about magic mushrooms and psychedelic mushrooms throughout the day that I thought she understood, and maybe she thought so too, but she didn't.

Saturday night I got these beautiful cubes and measured less than 20 grams for her, the rest for me. I estimate she ate about 7 or 8 grams on a salad, I ate the rest -- around 50 to 60 grams. I know for me this will get me about to level 3, and I wouldn't be able to feel the effects of what she ate. I warned her that she might be a little extra happy for the rest of the night, and she might notice she enjoys things a little more, and that her senses would probably be heightened. One other thing I should mention, she was on her period.

About 15 minutes after eating them, she says "I feel like I could kill somebody". I could see this was looking to be a bad trip, so I took her upstairs, I almost had to carry her It was downhill from there. I took her up to the bedroom, practically carrying her, as she proceeded to have severe hallucinations and a total emotional breakdown. She was seeing blood dripping down on the wall and feeling hate and anger and rage. She was crying on the floor in the shower, screaming "Get it out of me!". She was saying she would kill people if she could. I tried to comfort her, telling her it's going to be OK and to think about happy things, but that only seemed to upset her more.

It was hard for me, because I am also feeling mine come on, and I have to keep it together for her. It was extremely difficult to form coherent sentences for her to try calm her down. My presence was enraging for her and only made it worse, so I had to just stay on the other side of the room.

She says that she felt like she was dying, alive only by the thinnest thread, that evil was taking over and something was trying to take over her mind.

I experienced significant time dilation, so it is hard for me to gauge time (the movie "Cars" seemed to last about 3 to 4 hours), but is seemed like after about 30 minutes of pure hell, she started to pull it together. She was still a basket case and slipping in and out of panic attacks, but she thought it would be better to do normal things. So we went down to clean the kitchen. I finally remembered that sugar helps dampen the effects, so I made her some hot chocolate (a monumentally difficult task at the time). She kept asking "When is it going to stop?", and looking at the clock, which unfortunately made her even more anxious.

I finally remembered that "Cars" is one of her favorite movies, and funny and uplifting, so I found it and put it in. Once she started to focus on that, things improved. The panic attacks did return, but now she was able to fight them back. She has never had trouble with panic attacks before, but does sometimes have a tendency to be somewhat high-strung.

So now she is scared to go to sleep, and is afraid she'll never be the same. The thoughts and memories of the experience keep coming back to her and haunting her.

She wants the mushrooms out of the house and wants me never to take them again. She's terrified that I will experience what she did, and do something horrible. I'm hoping that I can find some information or experiences here that will help us understand what happened and come to peace with it, and hopefully not ruin the wonderful benefits shrooms have to offer for me and my family.

Anybody have some perspective on this?

For a great perspective on this that i really can't deliver in a post get the book LSD psychotherapy by Stan Grof. It is a trippers bible, both of you need to read this.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Offlineretrospect
Re: My wife had a horribly bad trip... please help! [Re: Grapefruit]
    #10121461 - 04/07/09 05:11 AM (15 years, 12 days ago)

Sounds to me like she clings very strongly to her ego. When people take psychedelics and strongly resist the dissolution of their ego, psychotic experiences are what normally happens. For here to experience that on a 7 or 8 gram trip (which i'm assuming is about 1g dry), means she must be heavily dominated by her ego.

"something was trying to take over her mind." - She obviously identifies her ego as her mind.

Tell her to read "The Psychedelic Experience by Timothy Leary". I had a very, very intense, psychotic experience with LSD once and was petrified of psychedelics for a long while. But reading Timothy Leary's book shed alot of insight onto what happened and gave me the courage to venture back into the realm of psychedelia.

OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: My wife had a horribly bad trip... please help! [Re: retrospect]
    #10121503 - 04/07/09 05:23 AM (15 years, 12 days ago)

"something was trying to take over her mind." - She obviously identifies her ego as her mind. :geordinod:

--------------------

Offlinecsrpj
no one's a stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: bay area, california
Re: My wife had a horribly bad trip... please help! [Re: Coaster]
    #10121629 - 04/07/09 06:18 AM (15 years, 12 days ago)

has anyone yet suggest her taking MDMA for its therapeutic value in conquering PTSD??

OfflineCubie
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
    #10121634 - 04/07/09 06:20 AM (15 years, 12 days ago)

jesus you sure gave her enough didnt you

OfflineKiLLa_Cameron
Stranger

Re: My wife had a horribly bad trip... please help! [Re: Cubie]
    #10124901 - 04/07/09 05:45 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

Yeah you definitely should not have taken so much, the fact that you weren't really in control probably freaked her out a little as well.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: My wife had a horribly bad trip... please help! [Re: KiLLa_Cameron]
    #10125291 - 04/07/09 06:37 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

This thread is over 2 years old...

--------------------

Invisibletakk
Stranger
Male

Re: My wife had a horribly bad trip... please help! *DELETED* [Re: DeathCompany]
    #10125564 - 04/07/09 07:08 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

Post deleted by Anarchyz0r

Reason for deletion: privacy

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: My wife had a horribly bad trip... please help! [Re: takk]
    #10125636 - 04/07/09 07:14 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

:nothingtoadd:

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My wife had a horribly bad trip... please help! [Re: Shad0w]
    #10125772 - 04/07/09 07:31 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

i demand thee stop this tomfoolery!

--------------------

Offline2Cents
Male

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: My wife had a horribly bad trip... please help! [Re: Coaster]
    #10125818 - 04/07/09 07:35 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
"something was trying to take over her mind." - She obviously identifies her ego as her mind. :geordinod:

most likly the case! I definitely have to agree with this.

--------------------
Long live the Shroomery!!!

OfflineMaxFreedom
Stranger
    #10964258 - 08/30/09 12:41 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

It's because she is religious. Bad reactions generally happen with religious people, and there were religious themes throughout her bad trip.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract