Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSexiPirateGrl420
Stranger
Help! I need to know if these are okay to eat!
    #6483262 - 01/21/07 05:02 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Okay I want to buy some shroomies but I don't know if they're legit or not. supposedly they are red with white spots but i've never eaten any like that. helP! do they make you trip? are they safe? help!:mushroom2: :regularshroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: Help! I need to know if these are okay to eat! [Re: SexiPirateGrl420]
    #6483302 - 01/21/07 05:11 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

amanita muscaria.

Make sure you boil them in water for an hour or so prior to consuming.

this decarboxylyzes the poison - ibotenic acid into the psychoactive compound muscimol

Make you cook them for a good long time in boiling water prior to consumption, else you could die.

also what are you paying for these?

they are legal you know.

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Help! I need to know if these are okay to eat! [Re: Cepheus]
    #6483328 - 01/21/07 05:14 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i wouldnt buy them from the streets, there is no telling exactly what strain they may be, unless you are a biologist of some sort that studies that type of shit.

you can buy them legally from anywhere the sells herbs and such. and im not sure exactly what muscimol does to you either, ive read it up on erowid.org but reading isnt always knowing what the experience is.

Edited by highdroponics (01/21/07 05:17 PM)

OfflineJstHereFrTheCake
Stranger
Re: Help! I need to know if these are okay to eat! [Re: Cepheus]
    #6483330 - 01/21/07 05:14 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/

Read here to see if you want them they aren't the same as mushrooms. Some people don't really trip off them. Many get nausea, I haven't done them. But just read up before ypu take them cause they aren't the same as mushrooms and if they weren't picked by a pro they could be very poisonous. Just read up.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: Help! I need to know if these are okay to eat! [Re: JstHereFrTheCake]
    #6483374 - 01/21/07 05:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Amanitas suck.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Help! I need to know if these are okay to eat! [Re: Newbie]
    #6483595 - 01/21/07 06:17 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

yeah they take a lot more to trip and the trip ain't great also a lot of nausea. Buy some real mushies, its not worth it.

--------------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
Re: Help! I need to know if these are okay to eat! [Re: DeathCompany]
    #6483683 - 01/21/07 06:41 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Wow i think i need to copy and paste a response to this question it comes up so much. (but i wont)

Then amanita family is continuously blamed every year for being the number one cause of fatalities do to mushroom poisoning.

So why would you want to eat one? Especially one you didn't pick!

The hallucinogenic properties of the A.Muscaria varies from "Mushroom to mushroom, region to region, and season to season."
Psychedelics Encyclopedia
-Peter Stafford
I would not eat them unless you were with someone who has been consuming, preparing, and picking them for years. People tell me that this has mushroom has an "energy of it own" and you, yourself, need to feel the positive or negative energy produced by it's native environment to determine weather or not to use it for consumption.

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: Help! I need to know if these are okay to eat! [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6483705 - 01/21/07 06:45 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Here are some of my pictures.

I wish i could say i took this one

However this one i am proud of. (refer to my sig.)

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6483767 - 01/21/07 07:02 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pscyanescens said:
Wow i think i need to copy and paste a response to this question it comes up so much. (but i wont)

Then amanita family is continuously blamed every year for being the number one cause of fatalities do to mushroom poisoning.

So why would you want to eat one? Especially one you didn't pick!

The hallucinogenic properties of the A.Muscaria varies from "Mushroom to mushroom, region to region, and season to season."
Psychedelics Encyclopedia
-Peter Stafford
I would not eat them unless you were with someone who has been consuming, preparing, and picking them for years. People tell me that this has mushroom has an "energy of it own" and you, yourself, need to feel the positive or negative energy produced by it's native environment to determine weather or not to use it for consumption.

They are nothing like psilocybin mushrooms.

Also, all this talk about them being deadly is basically horse shit.

They can kill you, but you would have to know NOTHING about your dosage to do that to yourself.

Amanitas are safe, but for alot of people they are just not much "fun". I like them personally.

So basically, I wouldnt buy them off the street, but im not going to be just another guy who wants to scare people into not using them even though they have been safely used for 1000's of years.

People die from amanitas because they eat extreemely deadly little bastard relatives without knowing. All varieties coming from the same name, amanita...so and so

Usually, those people also were not looking to eat a psycoactive amanitas anyways, they were looking for inactive edibles.

Enough with treating amanitas like anyone who wants to try them has a death wish..... They really are very safe if used the correct way.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: Help! I need to know if these are okay to eat! [Re: yageman]
    #6484522 - 01/22/07 02:48 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Amanitas are safe, but for alot of people they are just not much "fun". I like them personally.

Have you heard of Amanita Phaloids? The Death Cap? It isn't called the Death Cap because it is edible.

What about Amanita Virosa? Destroying Angel. Do you know why they call it that? Because it will KILL YOU!

So do you deny that the Amanita family is responisble for the majority of mushroom related deaths? A older woman died and her whole family was posioned because of an Amamnita mushroom just weeks ago in my area.

My friend ate A.Muscaria locally picked and he felt like he "was going to die" Nothing good about the trip at all. Dry heaving and blurry vision, and thinking you are about to die? You can eat the Amanitas all you want and lets see how long you live.

Not to mention that the Amanita toxins can slowly destroy your liver and kidneys, and effects all of your internal organs. Psilocybe mushrooms do not show any signs of liver toxicity. The same can not be said for the Amanita mushroom.

http://www.shroomery.org/8763/Do-hallucinogenic-mushrooms-cause-liver-damage

I don't care if your looking for edibles or actives, the Amanita family kills and that is the bottom line. I don't care if it isn't the same species, why take risks? Nobody has died from a psilocybe mushroom, those odds sounds pretty good. And i am talking about the whole family not just one species!

If you enjoy playing with death... Eat an Amanita and hope you get high and have a good time. Hope the risks to rewards ratio is worth it to you.

--------------------
----------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6484526 - 01/22/07 02:51 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

even though they have been safely used for 1000's of years.

People have been dieing from the amanita family for 1000's of years. Why don't you just eat a psilocybe? Much easier to find. Much safer to eat.

--------------------
----------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6484593 - 01/22/07 03:57 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pscyanescens said:
Quote:

even though they have been safely used for 1000's of years.

People have been dieing from the amanita family for 1000's of years. Why don't you just eat a psilocybe? Much easier to find. Much safer to eat.

Dude... all I can say is that you sould get your "factiods" a bit straightened up. Amanitas are all part of a family....some dont kill your ass if you know what you are doing.
Some A muscaria isnt going to somehow become deadly for some reason. A muscaria is safe, and Im tired of this mis-info.
If you took an absolutely super-duper massive dose of the stuff I bet you would die. Thats the nature of the mushroom.
The active ingredients arent the most forgiving.

People get EXTREEMELY tripped out from doses SO MUCH lower than what it takes to die.

COme on man. Quit responding if you have no knowledge of them and mix up all these facts about this relatively safe hallucinogen.

If you are well informed, you would know that they are totally different than psi's. Neither is a substitute for the other.

I prefer psi mushrooms in a way. But I wouldnt say they are better. They are just Very different.... They dont hold a candle to one another.

I just dont see why people talk such shit when they have no idea what they are talking about.

People have probably died from amanitas for 1000's of years. NOT A MUSCARIA......

Read and comprehend.
People who die from amanitas are not dieing from A MUSCARIA.
I hear pantherenia are pretty active as well, but a bit more sketchy as far as the side effects.

I like muscaria.... Why not just take psi mushrooms? Because I dont substitute one for the other. That would just be silly.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6484600 - 01/22/07 04:07 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Dude... all I can say is that you sould get your "factiods" a bit straightened up. Amanitas are all part of a family....some dont kill your ass if you know what you are doing.

I use the word family multiple times in my last post, you should read better.
Quote:

So do you deny that the Amanita family is responisble for the majority of mushroom related deaths?

I still got no response...........

You use the words "relatively safe" I would call a psilocybe safe. Once again why take risks with a potentially dangerous family.

What about my friend saying it made him feel like he was going to die? Does that sound "relatively safe"?

What about internal organ damage? Is that "relatively safe"?

What about Peter Stafford writing a book claiming the mushrooms toxicity varys from "Mushroom to mushroom, region to region, and season to season?"

You didn't address that part of my post either.

--------------------
----------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6484605 - 01/22/07 04:09 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Anytime you buy a mushroom from someone else, that you did not pick and ID yourself, then you are essentially trusting that person with your life.

Do your own research and trust your life with yourself, unless you got some really trustworthy friends.

--------------------
----------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6484609 - 01/22/07 04:11 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Really man, get your head out of your ass before you shit on some long lost tradition.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

I, being a good person remove death caps from my best friends lawn every year because im afraid that their dogs will eat it.
I tell them about it and I get a thanks.

You are so confused. Just dont worry about it if you are going to demonize A muscaria.

You actually have no idea what you are talking about.
The truth could hurt, or you could take it in stride. Be an adult and realize that amanitas will never be as good as a "TOTALLY SEPERATE) type of mushroom. If you know what you are talking about, you wont compare them to death caps.

Seriously though??? comparing them to death caps? How much do you really know about the amanita family.

You are one very confident guy, who is way to full of shit..

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6484621 - 01/22/07 04:19 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe you need to do more reading.

Quote:

Many reported cases of poisoning in this group of mushrooms is known, but only a very few deaths have been reported. In one case a man had mistakenly eaten two dozen Amanita muscaria (he thought they were Amanita caesarea). He collapsed within a half hour, went into heavy convulsions, lost consciousness, and died a day later. Another death was attributed to Amanita pantherina when they were ingested by a man with a weak heart. In another case a two year old girl, who had shared a meal of Amanita gemmata with her parents became irritable, listless, suffered a convulsive seizure, and then died

People die from this mushroom. Not because of it, from it. It may be vary unlikely, however this fact should not be overlooked.

And advocating the eating of a possibly deadly mushroom is not something i like to see on the shroomery. Especially when it's family is the cause of the majority of fatalities in the mushroom world.

Here is my source.
http://www.mv.com/ipusers/dhabolt/dad/mushroom/puffball/puffball4/poisonous.html

Where is yours to prove me wrong?

--------------------
----------------

Invisibletakk
Stranger
Male
    #6484622 - 01/22/07 04:20 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i wish i had a big bag o' amanita muscaria right now :mushroom2:

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6484626 - 01/22/07 04:24 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I know enough about the amanita family to keep posting this and getting no reply from you

Quote:

So do you deny that the Amanita family is responisble for the majority of mushroom related deaths?

Still no responses on liver toxicity?

Still no response from Peter Staffords quote?

Are you ever going to address these issues. All you do is keep saying your right with no facts to prove me wrong.

The fact of the matter is Amanita Muscaria has been known to cause fatalities. SO prove me wrong, and have fun playing with your life, for the purpose of a probably undesirable trip.

--------------------
----------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6484629 - 01/22/07 04:24 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe if you got your head out of your ass, you would answer some of my questions and concerns, with some actual facts.

--------------------
----------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6484630 - 01/22/07 04:27 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Here are some more facts:

Muscarine is classified as a deleriant
Quote:

Almost all deliriants are toxic enough that only a small amount differs a recreational dose from a deadly dose.

Are you going to ignore this issue as well?

--------------------
----------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains