Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineaverage_dude
Stranger
Good advice everyone should read!
    #648195 - 05/27/02 05:14 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

this started as a response, but turned into a post, and I think it is useful for anyone to read, especially if you are not privy to the mycological (scientific) aspects of the mushroom.
first of all, i have experience growing different mushrooms (some for scientific research), have read a lot of mycological information, and especially pertaining to the mushrooms in question. The caps, since they will produce the spores, are NOT potent, especially if they are opening, like a few other comments noted. It is not true that spores contain any "poison", psilocybin, or ANYTHING that will cause an effect. this is why spores are legal - contain no illegal substances. In fact, most people not into the scientific aspects of these might think that the bigger mushrooms are better, but this is actually not the case at all. As they mature (grow larger, and cap opens - changing from conical to umbrella-like), their potency has been proven to decrease. My theory for this is that as the cap is devoted to spreading the spores (reproducing), there is no room in it for the amount of psilocybin that the stems or premature cap contains. SO, the moral is, big open caps are weak, caps in general are probably somewhat weaker, and that the smaller and more immature looking the things are, the more potent (watch out for what you get - sometimes people will sell large mature ones since they look cool, and weigh a lot, and take less work to grow, but they are WEAKER, and you will be getting less for the amount. (in other words, looks can be deceiving. In this case, "what is beautiful is usually not good". Take care.

--------------------
real lived experience is the most valuable thing - all of it is, too.
(although my name implies I am an abstract mathematical construct, I am actually a real guy, emodying many essences of "dudeness")

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: Good advice everyone should read! [Re: average_dude]
    #648201 - 05/27/02 05:17 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

>>The caps, since they will produce the spores, are NOT potent, especially if they are opening, like a few other comments noted. It is not true that spores contain any "poison", psilocybin, or ANYTHING that will cause an effect

first post to discredit you... and only a couple seconds/minutes after posting what a shame....

Offlineaverage_dude
Stranger
Re: Good advice everyone should read! [Re: windex]
    #648224 - 05/27/02 05:30 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

what don't you agree with in my post?
i noted that the caps are weak, spores have no effect, and the less mature, the better. those are the main points.

--------------------
(although my name implies I am an abstract mathematical construct, I am actually a real guy, emodying many essences of "dudeness")

Invisiblevkk_
DNA Timebomb

Loc: Planet Erf, Yo.
Re: Good advice everyone should read! [Re: average_dude]
    #648273 - 05/27/02 05:58 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Have you done experiments to test this?

-Eat equal doses of caps and stems.
-Eat equal doses of mature and immature fruits.

You would have to crush and gelcap them, and then choose which to take at random. This would prevent your own bias from affecting the results.

Otherwise it's all conjecture.

ps - I don't think anyone with half a brain thinks spores are psychoactive, or else people would be snorting prints, or rolling them up like joints, hehe.

--------------------
I remember, the first time, I... smoked DMT.

Offlineaverage_dude
Stranger
Re: Good advice everyone should read! [Re: vkk_]
    #648297 - 05/27/02 06:09 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

you're right; and I have, and there is a profound difference. especially if you eat, say, only 1 gram of tiny little babies or aborts (that are still not rotten), it is definetely superior to 1 gram of large fruit. Also, my "conjectures" seem to agree with all sorts of different sources that I've found, most of which are growers, mycologists, and other people interested in understanding these better. But hey, you're right - no one should take anyone's word as authority or truth just because it "matches what the scientists say", since anyone can perform these experiments, provided they know a lot about the fruits (growing, etc.). Unfortunately, it does take some extra effort and time and a little extra money at first to engage in this yourself, but I believe it is vastly worth it. take care

--------------------

Offlineaverage_dude
Stranger
Re: Good advice everyone should read! [Re: vkk_]
    #648306 - 05/27/02 06:15 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I also agree that taking at random would be the ideal, but the differences in terms of things like physiological feeligs, perceptions, etc. (although could be influenced by the "placebo effect" to some extent,) were so profound, i believe, that there is clearly a "significant" difference. Although it would be good to find reports with actual measurements of the chemical in the different samples, right.
I also agree with you that most would not think of ingesting spores, but i had noticed a couple mentions of them.

If you are aware of any other pertinent information, be sure to share, and also correct me if you are skeptical! Just trying to help!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports